PDA

View Full Version : Is Rudy Gay an elite SF?

PurpleJesus
02-27-2010, 12:26 PM
an elite small forward? who do you think will pick him up?

marvILLous
02-27-2010, 12:28 PM
LOL nice title

PurpleJesus
02-27-2010, 12:29 PM
ahh, they changed the title

Kakaroach
02-27-2010, 12:29 PM
The Grizzlies picked up Ronnie Brewer from us :( as insurance for Gay if he left. Elite? Not quite yet, but he would be a damn nice pick-up for any team.

Grizz got a decision to make: re-sign expensive Gay or cheap Brewer.

JerzeyFresh
02-27-2010, 01:05 PM
not elite YET but still very good

RaptorizedKevin
02-27-2010, 01:08 PM
nope hes no where close to elite. hes more of just a very good scorer. He plays around 40 minutes again and hes gonan score 20. on a good team playing 32 minutes hed average like 14ppg , no hes not elite. and his defense isnt great either.

LeBroom
02-27-2010, 01:16 PM
He's not Elite. He's a good up and coming player. He can be a superstar in a few years. But he has to work a lot on his shooting for him to reach the Elite status.

Hellcrooner
02-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Antonie Walker Part II

Grizzlies should have traded him for a better point guard and bench help and they could have made real noise in teh playoffs.

SA5195
02-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Not yet, still IMO can't perform every night, he has some bad nights where he can't score.

To be elite you have to be consistent, Rudy can do that.

mrblisterdundee
02-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Once Gay improves his ball-handling and distribution skills, he'll be an elite small forward. I think that's the standard set by most of them.

Hellcrooner
02-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Once Gay improves his ball-handling and distribution skills, he'll be an elite small forward. I think that's the standard set by most of them.

he wont he keeps shooting even if there are two or three guys covering him and he has a bad position to shoot he never cares to look around and think, if ther are three guys on me there must be three open teammates,

Mayo is a much better player than Gay

He has 0 iq too

magichatnumber9
02-27-2010, 01:55 PM
He's not elite yet but I think you can win a championship with him playing the three.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Rudy Gay is just a guy... On a good team he wouldn't come close to putting up the numbers he does.... Great 3rd option though....

kozelkid
02-27-2010, 02:17 PM
He's not elite yet but I think you can win a championship with him playing the three.

You can win with just about anyone at any position, if you have great players in all other positions. If Luc Longley and Derek Fisher have been capable of that, then any player is.
As for Gay, he isn't anywhere close elite. He's good, but that's about it. And until he puts more effort on defense, rebounding, become better ballhandler/facilitator and get better from 3, that's all he'll be.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Antonie Walker Part II

Grizzlies should have traded him for a better point guard and bench help and they could have made real noise in teh playoffs.

kidding???

he shoots 47% from the field

walker fatass was shooting...what 37%???

Meth
02-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Give him a couple of years, or see if he signs with another team. Different offensive systems show explosiveness and raw talent, depending what kind of system.

-- As of now, he's good and has potential, but not good enough.

Hellcrooner
02-27-2010, 02:54 PM
kidding???

he shoots 47% from the field

walker fatass was shooting...what 37%???

Thats because Gay has been able to not command double covers all the time since first they cared about gasol and now teams at sent two on him so frequently because of mayo, randolph and the other gasol.

If he becomes a first option ina new team his fg% will drop a LOT

oldenpolynice
03-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Good scorer, but doesn't do enough of everything else to be considered elite. It's a contract year for him so the improvement over the last few seasons isn't at all surprising to me. Somebody like the Kings (hate to say it, I'm a huge Kings fan) will probably overpay for him this summer.

Raph12
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
He's not elite, but he's pretty damn good, with a lot of upside.

Sadds The Gr8
03-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Good scorer, but not elite. I also heard that he cares more about padding stats than about winning/losing. When they lost to the Bobcats the other day, OJ and Z-Bo were pissed off on the bench, while Rudy Gay was laughing and goofing around. That showed a lack of leadership on his part. I'm guessing that's also why OJ and Rudy had that big argument earlier in the season.

lavilevi23
03-01-2010, 02:40 PM
He could be the 3rd option on a contender.

RoyalG333
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
at this point, I say not elite but still very good. He had an opportunity to be the franchise player for an organization and although he played well and has talent, he could not turn the franchise around. Case in point, Kevin Durant...he is clearly an elite player turning the franchise around. Gay is in his 4th season and I think he can help a team like Portland, New Orleans, or Miami a lot!

pebloemer
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
The Grizzlies picked up Ronnie Brewer from us :( as insurance for Gay if he left. Elite? Not quite yet, but he would be a damn nice pick-up for any team.

Grizz got a decision to make: re-sign expensive Gay or cheap Brewer.

I'd say cheap Brewer is better for their team. They'll need the money for Mayo and Gasol long-term. Brewer is a nice complimentary piece that can give them some defense on the wing.

RoyalG333
03-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I'd say cheap Brewer is better for their team. They'll need the money for Mayo and Gasol long-term. Brewer is a nice complimentary piece that can give them some defense on the wing.

agreed...Mayo is their future.