PDA

View Full Version : Is Kidd's triple double better than LeBron's in New York last year?

mrblisterdundee
02-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Jason Kidd just had 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 17 assists in a victory against the Hawks. Is that more impressive than LeBron's performance of 52 points, 11 assists, and (supposedly) 10 rebounds? I know the last rebound was contested, but we'll make the comparison anyway. Which performance was better?
When answering this, take into consideration the players' size and opponents. LeBron James was a bigger player playing against a mediocre Knicks team. He had either Al Harrington, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, or David Lee guarding him, none of whom can play defense. Jason Kidd was a smaller player playing against a better team in the Hawks. He was guarded, at times, by Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford. Obviously, my answer is Jason Kidd, considering the context. His points and assists created up to 70 total points. LeBron's points and assists created up to 84 points.
What's your opinion?

B.JenningsMVP
02-27-2010, 03:04 AM
LeBron's was great, but gotta go with Kidd

Chronz
02-27-2010, 03:25 AM
Brons was better but you want a MAN Sized triple double against quality comp, you can do no better than Tmac vs Kidd a few years back, well there is another that was better.....

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199701180LAL.html

Grant Hill and his rag tag group vs Shaq and an upstart Kobe Byrant

30-15-14 (134 Offensive RTG)

Meth
02-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Kidd.

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 03:37 AM
if anyone votes lebron they are as stupid as rocks. the guy didnt even get a triple double in ny wtf

Chronz
02-27-2010, 03:38 AM
You guys cant be serious, if Bron had a 50-2-2 game it would be better than Kidds

if anyone votes lebron they are as stupid as rocks. the guy didnt even get a triple double in ny wtf
I think your stupid as rocks for thinking an arbitrary mark is more important than the summation of a players contributions.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:38 AM

Not to mention it was against a ****** team.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:39 AM
You guys cant be serious, if Bron had a 50-2-2 game it would be better than Kidds

:facepalm:

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Jason Kidd just had 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 17 assists in a victory against the Hawks. Is that more impressive than LeBron's performance of 52 points, 11 assists, and (supposedly) 10 rebounds? I know the last rebound was contested, but we'll make the comparison anyway. Which performance was better?
When answering this, take into consideration the players' size and opponents. LeBron James was a bigger player playing against a mediocre Knicks team. He had either Al Harrington, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, or David Lee guarding him, none of whom can play defense. Jason Kidd was a smaller player playing against a better team in the Hawks. He was guarded, at times, by Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford. Obviously, my answer is Jason Kidd, considering the context. His points and assists created up to 70 total points. LeBron's points and assists created up to 84 points.
What's your opinion?

No, we cannot take it into consideration. You think we should just because it's LeBron James??

LAME

No, LeBron had a great great performance at MSG last yr...

But this thread is talking about TRIPLE DOUBLE.

Jason Kidd wins by default.

Now if you were to ask which peformance was better???

The Hawks >>>>>>>>>>>> The Knicks

J-Kidd becomes the last player since Magic Johnson to have 15+ in pts, rebs and assts.

Don't get me wrong, Lebron's performance was great, but damn, J-Kidd's was gangsta, especially at his age of 37

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 03:41 AM

I think your stupid as rocks for thinking an arbitrary mark is more important than the summation of a players contributions.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JNA17
02-27-2010, 03:43 AM

Sox Appeal
02-27-2010, 03:46 AM
If LeBron posted a 60/20/20/ stat-line, without any turnovers, or missed shots, people on this forum would find a way to nitpick it. It's insane how much the people on this forum hate on the guy.

I'd say it's LeBron. If this is for who's TD was better, Kidd wins by default, but if this is who's performance was better, it has to be LBJ. He would have been the first player since Kareem in '75, to post a triple-double while scoring 50+ points.

Chronz
02-27-2010, 03:46 AM
lol you guys are weak

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 03:47 AM

ok ur as stupid as boulders if you think that lebrons almost a triple double against a horrible knicks team was better than kidds triple double against a very good atlanta team if anything he should of put somebody else who has had a triple double this year or said whos was better kobe's showing or lebrons

Sox Appeal
02-27-2010, 03:49 AM
ok ur as stupid as boulders if you think that lebrons almost a triple double against a horrible knicks team was better than kidds triple double against a very good atlanta team if anything he should of put somebody else who has had a triple double this year or said whos was better kobe's showing or lebrons

So you would take a 10-10-10 performance, over 52-11-9?

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 03:50 AM
If LeBron posted a 60/20/20/ stat-line, without any turnovers, or missed shots, people on this forum would find a way to nitpick it. It's insane how much the people on this forum hate on the guy.

I'd say it's LeBron. If this is for who's TD was better, Kidd wins by default, but if this is who's performance was better, it has to be LBJ. He would have been the first player since Kareem in '75, to post a triple-double while scoring 50+ points.

i wouldnt argue a stat like that but ur right kidd does win by default thats y i said put somebody else who has had a triple double and or if he ask whos performance was better then it could be debatable but almost a triple double doesnt count in any league

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 03:52 AM

thats not what im saying, im saying if he wants to put up a thread to debate on whos triple double was better he should put somebody else who actually had a triple double

JNA17
02-27-2010, 03:53 AM
So you would take a 10-10-10 performance...

wtf? Dude kidd had 19-17-16 and 2 steals. And to answer your question, yes.

29$JerZ
02-27-2010, 03:54 AM
Tripple double against a legit playoff team in the Eastern Conference > a near Tripple Double against the Knicks.

Also Kobe's domination in the Garden > LBJ near triple double. Knicks did everything they could to defend him, Kobe would not miss.

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 03:56 AM

way to downgrade J-Kidd's numbers by using a general triple double stat line (aka, the lowest numerical values to get a triple double), and giving the exact numbers for lebron, you bum! :eyebrow:

It was 19 pts, 16 rebs, 17 assts.

Not even LeBron has had a triple double with a single game of 15+ pts, 15+ rebs and 15+ assts. And J-Kidd is the first guy to do this since Magic Johnson. Yes, Magic Johnson is a bigger bigger bigger name than LeBron James, lol.

And J-Kidd does this at the age of 37, which is even more impressive for him to grabbing that many rebounds, and that too, while being a 6'4 point guard.

ldc62
02-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Sorry to break the news... but he [Lebron] didn't get a triple double (but Im sure you heard this by now)

Chronz
02-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Yea its clear as day you dont understand stats

Sox Appeal
02-27-2010, 03:59 AM
way to downgrade J-Kidd's numbers by using a general triple double stat line (aka, the lowest numerical values to get a triple double), and giving the exact numbers for lebron, you bum! :eyebrow:

Not even LeBron has had a triple double with a single game of 15+ pts, 15+ rebs and 15+ assts. And J-Kidd is the first guy to do this since Magic Johnson. Yes, Magic Johnson is a bigger bigger bigger name than LeBron James, lol.

And J-Kidd does this at the age of 37, which is even more impressive for him to grabbing that many rebounds, and that too, while being a 6'4 point guard.

Way to take what I said out of context, you bum! :rolleyes:

He said it would have been more impressive to put someone who actually achieved a TD, instead of LeBrons performance. I wasn't at all trying to down-grade Kidd, I was just trying to clarify what he meant.

Sox Appeal
02-27-2010, 04:00 AM
wtf? Dude kidd had 19-17-16 and 2 steals. And to answer your question, yes.

So one additional rebound, is worth giving up 42 points, and an additional assist? Are you serious?

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:04 AM
So one additional rebound, is worth giving up 42 points, and an additional assist? Are you serious?

I knew what you were saying, these guys dont understand stats, they just want what looks pretty instead of whats actually more dominant.

JNA17

You asked for an opinion, and i answered, it. I would rather have the kidd performance since he actually did get a triple double and against an elite EC team then the lebron performance against a horrible knicks team.

Chronz

ko8e24
Way to take what I said out of context, you bum! :rolleyes:

He said it would have been more impressive to put someone who actually achieved a TD, instead of LeBrons performance. I wasn't at all trying to down-grade Kidd, I was just trying to clarify what he meant.

Wow, after my first sentence, you did not read the rest did you?

J-Kidd, a point guard, 6'4, with 7 footers like Dirk, the newly acquired Brendan Haywood, and a 6'9 forward (known for good rebounding) in Shawn Marion on the team, and teh team's starting point guard still pulls down 16 rebounds, to go along with 17 pts, and has a chance to score for himself at 19 pts.....ALL ON THE ROAD AGAINST A TEAM THAT WILL HAVE HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS.....AND ALL DONE AT THE AGE OF 37.

And the first guy since Magic to have 15+ in pts, rebs, and assts

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 04:05 AM
Yea its clear as day you dont understand stats

ur joking right? its clear as glass u dont know the difference between what is and isnt a triple double

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Wow, after my first sentence, you did not read the rest did you?

J-Kidd, a point guard, 6'4, with 7 footers like Dirk, the newly acquired Brendan Haywood, and a 6'9 forward (known for good rebounding) in Shawn Marion on the team, and teh team's starting point guard still pulls down 16 rebounds, to go along with 17 pts, and has a chance to score for himself at 19 pts.....ALL ON THE ROAD AGAINST A TEAM THAT WILL HAVE HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE EASTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFFS.....AND ALL DONE AT THE AGE OF 37.

And the first guy since Magic to have 15+ in pts, rebs, and assts

Your still not getting the point of the question he was asking.

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 04:07 AM

See now, that doesn't even make sense. People :facepalm: your comments because you said that had Lebron had a simple 50 pt game (along with a pair of boards and a pair of assts), (meaning not even a double double, lol), it still would've been better than Kidd's triple double from 2nite.

Chronz, I respect ya, but that was an absurd and stupid comment you made. A regular 50 pt game can't be better than Kidd's triple double from tonite

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:07 AM
ur joking right? its clear as glass u dont know the difference between what is and isnt a triple double
You must have some really foggy glass, look a triple double is a minimum of 10 of 3 stats, so CLEARLY your wrong. Now prove to me you know how stats work.

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Your still not getting the point of the question he was asking.

Okay man, Ill work with ya, what is the part that I'm not getting?

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:09 AM
See now, that doesn't even make sense. People :facepalm: your comments because you said that had Lebron had a simple 50 pt game (along with a pair of boards and a pair of assts), (meaning not even a double double, lol), it still would've been better than Kidd's triple double from 2nite.

Chronz, I respect ya, but that was an absurd and stupid comment you made. A regular 50 pt game can't be better than Kidd's triple double from tonite
A regular 50pt game? How about a spectacular 50PT game with 2 and 2. Its EASILY better than Kidds triple double. By what measure are you speaking? Look I dont care if you guys think its absurd, from what Ive seen there are only a handful of people on here that understand stats. And its the facepalming people that clearly dont.

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Okay man, Ill work with ya, what is the part that I'm not getting?
OK Ill rephrase his question so that its more understandable.

All things being equal (pace, efficiency, playing time, etc) Whats better a 10-10-10 vs a 50-9-9, or a 40-8-8, or a 30-7-7? See what Im getting at, you guys are concentrating on what looks pretty instead of whats actually more dominant. Just because its a triple double or not, doesnt make it a better game. Id like you to show me a statistician that thinks that way, do that and Ill show you a statistician that doesnt have a job with an NBA team.

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 04:12 AM
A regular 50pt game? How about a spectacular 50PT game with 2 and 2. Its EASILY better than Kidds triple double. By what measure are you speaking? Look I dont care if you guys think its absurd, from what Ive seen there are only a handful of people on here that understand stats. And its the facepalming people that clearly dont.

You have your opinion, and I have my opinion. It's all good man.

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 04:14 AM
You must have some really foggy glass, look a triple double is a minimum of 10 of 3 stats, so CLEARLY your wrong. Now prove to me you know how stats work.

u dont understand stats u can say u do all u want but that doesnt make you understand them. a triple double of not just 10 of each but 15 + of each > to a 50 point game against what you dont understand is a horrible knicks defense/team how can you even argue this STATS MAN? :facepalm:

ko8e24
02-27-2010, 04:15 AM
OK Ill rephrase his question so that its more understandable.

All things being equal (pace, efficiency, playing time, etc) Whats better a 10-10-10 vs a 50-9-9, or a 40-8-8, or a 30-7-7? See what Im getting at, you guys are concentrating on what looks pretty instead of whats actually more dominant. Just because its a triple double or not, doesnt make it a better game. Id like you to show me a statistician that thinks that way, do that and Ill show you a statistician that doesnt have a job with an NBA team.

The way you put it, yes, I would go with the 50-9-9 or 40-8-8 or 30-7-7. But the OP was like (oh, so let's assume LeBron had a triple double, which one was better), and it wasn't even a triple double technically, so J-Kidd would win the argument by default.

But I get what you're saying.

Purple&Gold24
02-27-2010, 04:18 AM
yeahh it wass

Sox Appeal
02-27-2010, 04:18 AM
u dont understand stats u can say u do all u want but that doesnt make you understand them. a triple double of not just 10 of each but 15 + of each > to a 50 point game against what you dont understand is a horrible knicks defense/team how can you even argue this STATS MAN? :facepalm:

Please, somewhere in this thread, show me where Chronz said the word triple-double? He's talking about which game was more dominate, not which game looked prettier in the box score.

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Please, somewhere in this thread, show me where Chronz said the word triple-double? He's talking about which game was more dominate, not which game looked prettier in the box score.

can you show me where i said chronz said the word triple double?

NBAfan4life
02-27-2010, 04:28 AM
So for those of us that dont understand stats. 1 point is equivalant to an assist?

I think both performaces were impressive but I have to give J kidd his props

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 04:29 AM
So for those of us that dont understand stats. 1 point is equivalant to an assist?

lmao

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:30 AM
Hmm who should I believe, the numerous amount of people who have and can attest to my understanding of statistics, or some kid who I KNOW doesnt understand stats?

JNA17
02-27-2010, 04:33 AM
Stats to me are like Megan Fox, their really hot, but when it counts, we all know Jessica Alba is hotter.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Stats to me are like Megan Fox, their really hot, but when it counts, we all know Jessica Alba is hotter.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Megan Fox is gorgeous, but Jessica Alba is a queen.

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:35 AM

Look at most statistical models, assists are the most subjective of all stats but generally on a VOP chart, an assist is worth (1/2) or (1/3) by some. I like to leave it at half because it takes 2 players to accomplish the feet, but not every assist is created equal. Inside dishes for high% looks should be credited (77%) to the passer, cheap assists for a midrange shot for example should be valued at (33%) imo.

I give JKidd his props, but when you try to take away from TRULY historical performances thats when I draw the line.

DQL
02-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Kidd easily. Not hating on Lebron but c'mon IT'S THE KNICKS. Knicks games are where players pad their stats. For example, Wade's 2 (of 3) games against the Knicks last season:

Feb 28: 46 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds, 4 steals, 4 blocks in 41 min
Apr 12: 55 points (career high), 4 assists, 9 rebounds, 1 block in 39 min

compared to Lebron's: 52 points, 11 assists, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks in 44 min

Honorable mention of almost-TD game: Wade against Utah: 50 pts, 9 asts, 10 rebs, 4 stls, 2 blks in 52 min

So no, Lebron's stats ain't that special

JNA17
02-27-2010, 04:36 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Megan Fox is gorgeous, but Jessica Alba is a queen.

:hi5: :rock:

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 04:39 AM
Hmm who should I believe, the numerous amount of people who have and can attest to my understanding of statistics, or some kid who I KNOW doesnt understand stats?

i would have to say but ur GREAT understanding of stats only one person has agreed with u and thats the sox guy(aka ur butt buddy) if you want to believe that his 50 point performance was better then a 15 15 and 15 then theres no changing ur mind STATS MAN

MR.TRIPDUB
02-27-2010, 04:41 AM
i dont know about the cavs-knicks game (i assume the cavs were a decided advantage there), but kidd's triple double came in a very impressive comeback win and most of those stats were very very important in the outcome of that game.

so i pick kidd's not just because of the numbers(which are both impressive), but because of the it's impact.

i'm not gonna mention stats coz apparently, people get clobbered here if you didnt analyze it to their "knowledge." peace

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Look at most statistical models, assists are the most subjective of all stats but generally on a VOP chart, an assist is worth (1/2) or (1/3) by some. I like to leave it at half because it takes 2 players to accomplish the feet, but not every assist is created equal. Inside dishes for high% looks should be credited (77%) to the passer, cheap assists for a midrange shot for example should be valued at (33%) imo.

I give JKidd his props, but when you try to take away from TRULY historical performances thats when I draw the line.

thats what ur doing to kidd when was the last time someone had 15 15 and 15 i can name someone last week who had a 50 point game those are far more frequent then a triple double

GspLAL
02-27-2010, 04:47 AM
You have to look at the quality of the opponent not just the numbers.

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:55 AM
i would have to say but ur GREAT understanding of stats only one person has agreed with u and thats the sox guy(aka ur butt buddy) if you want to believe that his 50 point performance was better then a 15 15 and 15 then theres no changing ur mind STATS MAN
LOL I never said he was one of them. Call me MR. Stats.

thats what ur doing to kidd when was the last time someone had 15 15 and 15 i can name someone last week who had a 50 point game those are far more frequent then a triple double
Yea and Im willing to bet most of those 50PT games were better games.

Chronz
02-27-2010, 04:57 AM
You have to look at the quality of the opponent not just the numbers.

So do tell, how do you account for what Brons #'s wouldve been had they been on a team as defensively potent as the Hawks.

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 04:58 AM
LOL I never said he was one of them. Call me MR. Stats.

Yea and Im willing to bet most of those 50PT games were better games.

whens the last time someone had a stat line like this? imo this is better than lebrons because of the defensive stats but i guess u wouldnt care for those STATS MAN?

Chronz
02-27-2010, 05:01 AM
i dont know about the cavs-knicks game (i assume the cavs were a decided advantage there), but kidd's triple double came in a very impressive comeback win and most of those stats were very very important in the outcome of that game.

so i pick kidd's not just because of the numbers(which are both impressive), but because of the it's impact.

i'm not gonna mention stats coz apparently, people get clobbered here if you didnt analyze it to their "knowledge." peace

LMFAO yea its so much better to (as you put it) ASSUME , rather than attempting to ANALYZE.

By all means pick someone because you didnt see the Knicks game and because you did see the Hawks game.

Chronz
02-27-2010, 05:10 AM

whens the last time someone had a stat line like this? imo this is better than lebrons because of the defensive stats but i guess u wouldnt care for those STATS MAN?
I like this game we're playing

According to GameScore, thats the best game of the season so you have a great case for that one. See another example of a game being better than a rare triple double.

The lesson here is, just because its rare doesnt make it more dominant. Why focus on arbitrary standards when what matters is the SUMMATION of a players game.

whitekimbo
02-27-2010, 05:25 AM
What's your opinion?

im goin with kidd and u def. didnt hide ur opinion. its clear u think kidd too. every sentence is either bashing lebron or complimenting kidd(except for the last sentence that doesnt mean anything really). theres no problem with that, but if u gonna ask peoples opinions, at least give them a neutral take on each players triple double...

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 05:27 AM
I like this game we're playing

According to GameScore, thats the best game of the season so you have a great case for that one. See another example of a game being better than a rare triple double.

The lesson here is, just because its rare doesnt make it more dominant. Why focus on arbitrary standards when what matters is the SUMMATION of a players game.

but thats what im going by the mavs needed jason kidd in order win that game the knicks were done by the tip of the ball

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 05:33 AM
im goin with kidd and u def. didnt hide ur opinion. its clear u think kidd too. every sentence is either bashing lebron or complimenting kidd(except for the last sentence that doesnt mean anything really). theres no problem with that, but if u gonna ask peoples opinions, at least give them a neutral take on each players triple double...

ur right the way he says it does kind of make it biased but then again he was stating the facts :laugh2:

J-Relo
02-27-2010, 05:45 AM
Lebron.

kArSoN RyDaH
02-27-2010, 06:22 AM
hhahahaha lebrons performance wasnt even that special last year so why are people comparing it to other things? lmaoooo. it wasnt even a triple double. lebron tried his hardest to surpass kobes 61 and still couldnt do it. hahahahahaaha so id take kobes 61 over kids triple double.

DQL
02-27-2010, 06:38 AM
hhahahaha lebrons performance wasnt even that special last year so why are people comparing it to other things? lmaoooo. it wasnt even a triple double. lebron tried his hardest to surpass kobes 61 and still couldnt do it. hahahahahaaha so id take kobes 61 over kids triple double.

61 pts with 3 assists and ZERO rebound? Ok

JiffyMix88
02-27-2010, 06:48 AM
61 pts with 3 assists and ZERO rebound? Ok

homerism at its finest :D

Chronz
02-27-2010, 06:51 AM

Its debateable for sure, but thank you, YET ANOTHER game that was better than Kidds and wasnt anywhere near as pretty outside of scoring marks.

MR.TRIPDUB
02-27-2010, 07:29 AM
LMFAO yea its so much better to (as you put it) ASSUME , rather than attempting to ANALYZE.

By all means pick someone because you didnt see the Knicks game and because you did see the Hawks game.

apparently, i still get clobbered.
they should change psd to csd (chronz sports daily) forums.
:worthy::worthy::worthy:

alencp3
02-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Since when 19 points, 16 rebounds, and 17 assists is better than 52 points, 11 assists, and 9 rebounds?

TheKing23
02-27-2010, 07:44 AM
If LeBron got credited that extra rebound, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that LeBron's statline was far superior. A feat that wouldn't have been achieved for nearly 30 years... A 50 point triple double.

Seriously, if Kobe had a 50 point triple double, these forums would crash with the amount of Kobe lovers screaming how incredible he is...

Hell, i'd take LeBron's triple double against the Denver Nuggets over Kidd's...

43 points, 13 rebounds and 15 assists. That's something that hadn't been done since "Pistol" Pete 35 years ago. If you don't see that as a better performance you need to put down the LeBron haterade.

TopsyTurvy
02-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I would be much more impressed if Lebron was able to throw down a triple double when he is 37.

Shady66
02-27-2010, 02:16 PM
I would be much more impressed if Lebron was able to throw down a triple double when he is 37.

youll have your wish in 12 years

Chronz
03-01-2010, 04:49 AM
apparently, i still get clobbered.
they should change psd to csd (chronz sports daily) forums.
:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Thats alot better than Amateur Sports Daily

MR.TRIPDUB
03-01-2010, 08:09 AM
god, this chronz is a stubborn mofo. so everybody has to agree with huh?

the op's question was who's triple double is more impressive considering everything. this is a question asking for a subjective response. if you just look at the stats then you really are stupid. you always quantify everything. of course when you calculate all those stat using the formulas you use a certain number will be greater than the other. it's like saying "whats more impressive 100 or 90?"

how do you quantify impact? how do you quantify heart?

lebron did or more like forced his triple double to outshine kobe's performance. and kobe's not even playing for the knicks. that's a little selfish don't you think.

what kidd did was he dominated the last few minutes of that game on his way to a tripdub for his TEAM to win.

so whats more impressive a selfish triple double or a heroic one.

rabzouz 96
03-01-2010, 08:25 AM

this

.He had either Al Harrington, Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, or David Lee guarding him, none of whom can play defense. Jason Kidd was a smaller player playing against a better team in the Hawks. He was guarded, at times, by Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford.

this made me lol

rabzouz 96
03-01-2010, 08:27 AM

the op's question was who's triple double is more impressive considering everything. this is a question asking for a subjective response. if you just look at the stats then you really are stupid. you always quantify everything. of course when you calculate all those stat using the formulas you use a certain number will be greater than the other. it's like saying "whats more impressive 100 or 90?"

lebron did or more like forced his triple double to outshine kobe's performance. and kobe's not even playing for the knicks. that's a little selfish don't you think.

what kidd did was he dominated the last few minutes of that game on his way to a tripdub for his TEAM to win.

lebron dominated the whole game, so he prevented that anybody had to play heroic in the last minutes in order to win

Daze9900
03-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I would have to say Jason Kidd's performance. They needed every play from him to pull out the win. I love Lebron so I don't want to see any nitpicker replies about lebron bashing but those stats have to be watered down against that knicks team. They are poor defensively. Jason's 15 15 and 15 haven't been done in a long time.

MR.TRIPDUB
03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
lebron dominated the whole game, so he prevented that anybody had to play heroic in the last minutes in order to win

lebron james is a freak of nature and an incredible player, but that was expected of him, he always plays great against the knicks and lets not be naive and say that kobe's performance didn't affect his mentality that night. if you can honestly say that you expected kidd to do that, then you are a bigger jason kidd fan than i am.

then again we are all entitled to our opinion. if i kept pushing my ideas on you then i would be chronz. peace

MacFitz92
03-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Considering Kidd was 37, and 'Bron was probably 24... and Kidd was playing a good team, and 'Bron was playing a bad team...

Not to mention J Kidd, a week ago, had 18 points, 10 assists, 7 steals, and 7 rebounds. In my opinion thats the better game. Thats a man's game.

CELTICS4LYFE
03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I could get a Triple Double against the Knicks! lol

My vote goes to Kidd!

Double_R
03-01-2010, 11:38 AM
J-Kidd becomes the last player since Magic Johnson to have 15+ in pts, rebs and assts.

Actually he becomes the last person since himself in 1996

That being said, Kidd's was against an upper echelon team on a prime time game and the Knicks were absolute garbage when Lebron did his almost triple double(he tried his hardest to rip that last rebound from Ben Wall, because he cares so much about stats)

Also Kidd's performance in the last 5 minutes and overtime was the only reason that the Mavs won.... While Lebron was padding his stats in an easy victory, Kidd was bringing the Mavs back into the game.

JKiddFan4Life
03-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I've got to say, Kidd's heroics were amazing and he definitely helped the Mavs come up with the W. But although LeBron's triple double came against a losing team, I still think it was an amazing performance and comparable to some of the triple doubles that Big O used to put up. I had to vote for LeBron, although Kidd's TD was very important in the Mav's win.

mavwar53
03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Who had the better triple double is the question and they took that REB away from Bron so obviously kidd had the only triple double of the 2 and so it must be the better trip dub.

Baller1
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Exactly.

JKiddFan4Life
03-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Who had the better triple double is the question and they took that REB away from Bron so obviously kidd had the only triple double of the 2 and so it must be the better trip dub.
That's right, I forgot about that, I guess it would have to go to Kidd, technically. But LeBron's performance was amazing!

thephoenixson28
03-01-2010, 12:49 PM
For triple-double jason kidd had the best cuz lebron didn't have a triple-double,but as far as stat line lebron had the best. Jason kidd had his hand in 53 points with the 19 points 17 assist = 53 points just assuming that all the assist were 2's. Lebron scored as much points than jason kidd had in points and assist. Not to mention the 11 assist that he had. Yeah j-kidds stat line is pretty crazy, but when you have stats like lebrons you tell me what is better. Jason kidds looks better but lebrons is better.

thephoenixson28
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
What about amare

Amare had 49 points on 17-for-21 shooting from the field (81.0 percent) and 15-for-15 shooting from the line while having 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals and 2 blocks.

Against the pacers.

HoopsDrive
03-01-2010, 01:28 PM
"Who's triple double was better?"

LBJ didn't have a triple double, Kidd wins by default.

Which performance was better?

I'll still take Kidd going up against a very talented Hawks at the age of 36 and being the first player since Magic to get 15+ pts, assists, rebs in a TD.

pebloemer
03-01-2010, 01:38 PM

Just because something is more rare does not mean it has a greater impact on the game.

For example: I've never seen a double double with 10 blocks and 10 turnovers, but that doesn't mean it has a greater impact than a 50 point game which I see a couple times a season.

This is an obvious example because turnovers are a negative statistic, but different stats aren't equal. I think my example illustrates my point.

pebloemer
03-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Actually he becomes the last person since himself in 1996

That being said, Kidd's was against an upper echelon team on a prime time game and the Knicks were absolute garbage when Lebron did his almost triple double(he tried his hardest to rip that last rebound from Ben Wall, because he cares so much about stats)

Also Kidd's performance in the last 5 minutes and overtime was the only reason that the Mavs won.... While Lebron was padding his stats in an easy victory, Kidd was bringing the Mavs back into the game.

Easy victory? LeBron's "triple double" came in a 5pt game...

Overtime also gives Kidd more minutes to "pad the stats" too, so I'm not sure how that helps his case.

rabzouz 96
03-01-2010, 10:04 PM
lebron james is a freak of nature and an incredible player, but that was expected of him, he always plays great against the knicks and lets not be naive and say that kobe's performance didn't affect his mentality that night. if you can honestly say that you expected kidd to do that, then you are a bigger jason kidd fan than i am.

then again we are all entitled to our opinion. if i kept pushing my ideas on you then i would be chronz. peace

so it makes his performance worse because he was expected to do good?
by that logic a 20-5-5 night from tony allen is better than a 30-6-4 night from kobe.

MR.TRIPDUB
03-01-2010, 11:11 PM
so it makes his performance worse because he was expected to do good?
by that logic a 20-5-5 night from tony allen is better than a 30-6-4 night from kobe.

again if were talking about just numbers then of course kobe's was better.
there's no debate in numbers alone. a certain number will be greater than another.

but the question was which was more impressive considering everything?

kobe puts up numbers like that consistently, if tony allen does that consistently he would impress me.

Slimsim
03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
LBJ triple double was against the knicks So i go with kidd

LA_Raiders
03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Kid was great...

thedfactor
03-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Kidd no doubt. What Kidd did has been done recently only twice by himself, 2 times by Magic, and once by Bird. LeBron might get one of those one day

ellisgw
03-02-2010, 12:51 AM
what about lebron stat line 43,15 ,13

rabzouz 96
03-02-2010, 05:49 AM
there's no debate in numbers alone. a certain number will be greater than another.

kobe puts up numbers like that consistently, if tony allen does that consistently he would impress me.

the question was which triple was better, not which one was more impressive.

i dont get the last paragraph, because jason kidd doesnt put these triple double stats up consistently, it was his only time he had these kinda stats this season, so it doesnt make much sense in this context.

sp1derm00
03-02-2010, 06:29 AM
If Lebron's 10th rebound counted, his triple double is better.

TheKing23
03-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Kidd no doubt. What Kidd did has been done recently only twice by himself, 2 times by Magic, and once by Bird. LeBron might get one of those one day

LeBron's would've been the first 50 point triple double since 1975, slightly more impressive.

Anyway LeBron's 43/13/15 against Denver was better than Kidd's triple double.

Chronz
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
LOL god no, they just cant expect to get away with bs remarks like :facepalm: or it wasnt even a triple double, or your fave I didnt even see the game but Im ASSUMING, focusing on arbitrary marks doesnt distinguish a game, the totality of his performances does.

Re-read the thread, I was RESPONDING to a variety of half hearted responses. I could care less what you guys find more impressive, its why Im taking the thread question literally, which was BETTER....

I could care less if a player played with heart and fire and guts blah blah blah, I just want a player who gets the job done by any means.

PROVE IT lol I cant believe a Jason Kidd supporter is talking about a player trying to force his way to triple doubles.

Bron did the same, AND he had a BETTER game on top of it. More impressive to me.

The more dominant performance aka Bron.

Chronz
03-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Then your not getting me, subjectively you can be impressed by whatever the hell you want, but objectively, there is no way Kidds was the BETTER performance.

Tony Allen may impress you but he sure as hell didnt have the BETTER game. And if you made that comparison in another thread, there should be no debate. Thats the point Im getting at, this is too one sided.

Chronz
03-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I would have to say Jason Kidd's performance. They needed every play from him to pull out the win. I love Lebron so I don't want to see any nitpicker replies about lebron bashing but those stats have to be watered down against that knicks team. They are poor defensively. Jason's 15 15 and 15 haven't been done in a long time.
So by your theory, Jason Kidds performance was better because Bron was too good to let it get so close? BRILLIANT