PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm starting this thread here because it's hard to get honest opinions with Cavalier fans in the main forum. Do you think Kevin Durant will be the best player in the league someday? I have been watching the Thunder play this season and he is really good. He just has one of the shots that looks like it's just going to get better. He has length and is only 21. Lebron is a powerful freak of nature. But will he be more dominant than Durant eventually? I think Durant is going to be the man soon (my opinion). There is just something about this kid. Players peak when they are 29-30 (Example: Kobe scores 81). Durant is 21. Think about that. 8 years away from his prime, that's scary.

Ragun
02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
no. not while lebron is in the league. if lebron works on that jump shot, he will be better than kobe.

durant's only advantage is his jumpshot. lebron is better in pretty much every way.

after kobe retires. it will be lebron vs durant which will be sweet.

Shady66
02-27-2010, 12:25 AM
no. When you have Lebron, CP3, Dwight all very young in the league, KD will not be the best

E.O.21
02-27-2010, 12:29 AM
I actually think he will. Although i agree that he will never be as good as lebron he will win an mvp or 2. come on lebron will not get every single mvp award. Just like mj who should of gotten more MVP awards than he ended up having

OnslaughtXX6
02-27-2010, 12:48 AM
no. not while lebron is in the league. if lebron works on that jump shot, he will be better than kobe.

durant's only advantage is his jumpshot. lebron is better in pretty much every way.

after kobe retires. it will be lebron vs durant which will be sweet.

Lebron is already way better than Kobe.

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 12:52 AM

Really? :rolleyes:

OnslaughtXX6
02-27-2010, 01:02 AM
Really? :rolleyes:

Yup, Lebron will end up being the best player ever while Kobe will just be another SG in the shadow of Michael Jordan. Put Lebron in any team in the NBA and they will be instant Championship contenders, Kobe doesn't have that same impact.

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Yup, Lebron will end up being the best player ever while Kobe will just be another SG in the shadow of Michael Jordan. Put Lebron in any team in the NBA and they will be instant Championship contenders, Kobe doesn't have that same impact.

Sure....

JNA17
02-27-2010, 01:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76p_ncbffCE

OnslaughtXX6
02-27-2010, 01:22 AM

Make your argument that Kobe is better than Lebron man please.

Ragun
02-27-2010, 01:22 AM

:laugh: didn you post this in the nba mock?

BOOOOOOOO

JNA17
02-27-2010, 01:27 AM

I don't see why since you have not made not backed up any facts yourself. But there would be no point to that because of a few things.

1. This thread is not about kobe vs lebron, it's about durant, get back on topic.
2. There are already over 9000 arguments about this in a week.
3. It will never end and there would be no winner.

JNA17
02-27-2010, 01:31 AM
:laugh: didn you post this in the nba mock?

BOOOOOOOO

actually someone else did so i decided to copy him a bit :D

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 01:35 AM

This thread is about Kevin Durant (potential) and what people think. It's not about Kobe or Lebron. Thanks - :offtopic:

OnslaughtXX6
02-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Durant will be great but not the best in the league.............. I like Kobe but just think Lebron is better what's wrong with that playas.

ragee
02-27-2010, 02:08 AM
Why is everyone not giving credit to Durant? He is four years younger than Lebron... He has a long way to go... I am sure he just going to keep getting better... I think there is a chance that he can be the best on the league someday... I am not saying it is certain because there are players like Lebron, Dwight , D-Will (not just paul!), Wade, Paul who can also be the best one day but people, don't count this guy out!

Oh... on the off the topic argument.. I hate Kobe but I think it is unfair to say that Lebron is the best already... Kobe is the best player in the league but I am rooting for all the other teams to beat the Lakers this year!

Yankee Lifer
02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm starting this thread here because it's hard to get honest opinions with Cavalier fans in the main forum. Do you think Kevin Durant will be the best player in the league someday? I have been watching the Thunder play this season and he is really good. He just has one of the shots that looks like it's just going to get better. He has length and is only 21. Lebron is a powerful freak of nature. But will he be more dominant than Durant eventually? I think Durant is going to be the man soon (my opinion). There is just something about this kid. Players peak when they are 29-30 (Example: Kobe scores 81). Durant is 21. Think about that. 8 years away from his prime, that's scary.

It would be really tough for him but I could easily see #1 scorer in the league, and for a while

OnslaughtXX6
02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
So much hate for Lebron in PSD, don't worry Lebron will spare your souls. :D

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 02:32 AM
So much hate for Lebron in PSD, don't worry Lebron will spare your souls. :D

It's just about competition. Everyone thought Lebron would have a long reign at the top(after Kobe turns 35), now he could have some competition. If Lebron were built like Kevin Durant with his same game would he be as dominant as Durant? Lebron is probably the best pound for pound athlete ever in sports, however Durant has got game. Everyone keeps saying scoring title, but the Thunder are competing with young players who weren't expected to win more than 20 games. The great ones win. That's how there measured (rings). Only time will tell.

OnslaughtXX6
02-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Btw I love Durant and hate Lebron. I just think Lebron is a beast.

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 02:36 AM
Btw I love Durant and hate Lebron. I just think Lebron is a beast.

That's cool. He is a beast. Watch the sports science they did on him.

ElMarroAfamado
02-27-2010, 02:38 AM

:facepalm:

last shot to save the world...you would really put the ball in lebron james hands?
:eyebrow:

flea
02-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Derrick Rose

soonabooma
02-27-2010, 02:39 AM
When Jordan was gone from the game, Kobe became THAT guy. Now that Kobe is getting just a little up there in age/years in the league, people think Lebron is now THAT guy. But the truth is.....Kevin Durant is gonna be THAT guy. I know it's hard for some people to envision, but that's very understandable. There are alot of great young players in the league right now, and Lebron James is a freak of nature. He can do it all, and right now he's as good as it gets. But when KD really gets going, he will be the Michael Jordan of the league. He hasn't even scratched the surface, we haven't even gotten a glimpse of what he can do. This kid is absolutely special. He wasn't born with the freakish body that Lebron has, and he may not be as big and strong, but he's a straight up basketball player. A couple of years from now, he will be owning this league.

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 02:41 AM
When Jordan was gone from the game, Kobe became THAT guy. Now that Kobe is getting just a little up there in age/years in the league, people think Lebron is now THAT guy. But the truth is.....Kevin Durant is gonna be THAT guy. I know it's hard for some people to envision, but that's very understandable. There are alot of great young players in the league right now, and Lebron James is a freak of nature. He can do it all, and right now he's as good as it gets. But when KD really gets going, he will be the Michael Jordan of the league. He hasn't even scratched the surface, we haven't even gotten a glimpse of what he can do. This kid is absolutely special. He wasn't born with the freakish body that Lebron has, and he may not be as big and strong, but he's a straight up basketball player. A couple of years from now, he will be owning this league.

As a Pistons fan I'm so jealous of the Thunder. I agree with your post.

OnslaughtXX6
02-27-2010, 02:55 AM

last shot to save the world...you would really put the ball in lebron james hands?

Yeah. I know I'm going to get killed but I don't give a ****. Lebron, when it's all said and done, will be the greatest player ever.

Meth
02-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Durant will be the best player if every all-star but him somehow "dies". Other than that, let's wait a few - couple of years.

No more Lebron vs Kobe threads/posts and Derrick Rose threads. I hope they both die so someone would talk about something else.

I'm so awesome./flex

arkanian215
02-27-2010, 10:44 AM

put him on the nets. he won't take them anywhere.

bigsams50
02-27-2010, 11:05 AM

If the world was on the line there is only one person who should even be considerd and thats Michael ****in Jordan

dominater6192
02-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Durant can score and rebound. LeBron can score,rebound and pass better than most PG's. Durant will be a better scorer but not a better overall player.

Angel2Maverick
02-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Kevin Durant will be the best player one day...

ManRam
02-27-2010, 12:00 PM
There might be a year or two where LeBron is on decline, and KD still has it, but I don't think he is as good of an all-around player as LeBron, and don't see it ever happening. Plus, I'm sure by then there will be someone else in the league that is just as beastly. It could be the next great rivalry (that would be ****ing awesome), but if it is, it will always be slightly lopsided.

DaBUU
02-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Here we go another Durant thread...

JasonJohnHorn
02-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Kraft Dinner could be "the next Jordan", or "the next McGrady", or, as is more likely the case, he could be his own man.

I haven't honestly had a chance to watch him play yet, but I do follow the stat lines. Impressive percentages across the board, solid rebounding and assist number, not so impressive turnover numbers. As for his scoring average, yeah, its impressive, but because it is as high as it is now does not mean it will be higher when he fully develops as a player. Look at Jordan, he was likely most effective as a player for his second three-peat, when his scoring average was 9 points lower than his personal best (37 points per game at 23 years old). Jordan's assist/turnover numbers were better than Durant's now, so he was already farther along in his game, but when Jordan learned to trust Pippen with bring up the ball, and learned to move the ball around and work as a play maker and scorer, that is when he hit his prime (IMO). James has had a similar situation, he is clearly a better player and play maker than he was a couple years ago, despite the fact his scoring average is lowe than is was a couple years back. Durant's team depends on him to score big to keep them in games, and he can do that, but when his team gets better and shapes up into a real contender, his scoring average will likely take a hit and his ability to enable teammates and facilitate them will be tested. At this point in his career we are seeing what he can do on his own, and it is impressive, but in two or three years the Thunder will have hopefully developed into a team that doesn't rely so heavily on one player to score and we will see if Durant will become the type of player that James has proved himself capable a of being, a dominant scorer who can also facilitate and make the players around him better. Will Durant being a great facilitator like Magic and James (but in his own mould), or will be be more like players like McGrady and Dominique who post jaw dropping numbers but find little in the way ot team success? I would put my money on Durant being one of the elite players in the league (thogh if he stays in a small market he won't be getting the type of love that James and Bryant get), but while his numbers are jaw dropping right now, there is much personal growth for Durant. He has the ability and skill and work ethic, but there are other intangibles such as the team mentality (like Duncan, Stockton and Nash have), and that desperate hunger to win (that Kobe, Jordan and Karl Malone had). Wether or not Durant will develop these intangibles, and wether or not circumstances (such as injury or the players surrounding him and the rise and fall of other contenders) will allow him to play on the big stage in the playoffs is too far to tell. Injuries could turn him into another Grant Hill or Penny Hardaway, poor team building could turn him into another Ray Allen or Gary Payton and even if things go well he could still go the route of 'Nique, or the route or Jordan type of player.

Lets not compare him to other too much though (and I can be as guilty of that as anybody), because I have the feeling Durant will be his own man and the type of player that future players are compared with.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Durant will be better than Lebron James. He certainly is already much more clutch. as of now I give Lebron a slight edge at 98 with Durant at 97, but Durant has more upside at this stage.