PDA

View Full Version : How good is this new Mavericks team?

Pages : [1] 2

MacFitz92
02-27-2010, 12:19 AM
UPDATE: Mavs are now on a 13 game winning streak.

The Dallas Mavericks have vastly improved, with getting Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and DeShawn Stevenson. They just look like a different team and they haven't lost a single game after their first one together as a team.

Their wins have been pretty impressive as well.

vs. Phenoix W
@ Orlando W
vs. Miami W
vs. Indiana W
vs. Lakers W (without Butler)
@ Atlanta W (without Butler)

B.JenningsMVP
02-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Very Good

E.O.21
02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
^ Very very good... good enough to beat the Nuggs but not good enough to beat the Lakers

GunFactor187
02-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Has Stevenson played at all after the trade?

Angel2Maverick
02-27-2010, 12:27 AM
im just really hoping we get another shot at winning it all

MacFitz92
02-27-2010, 12:27 AM

He started in both games that Caron Butler was out, and played solid D. And that's all we ask out of him.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 12:28 AM

He's started and played about 25 minutes in the last 2 wins against the Lakers and Hawks

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Flip a coin in the air for them against the Lakers. I will give a slight edge to the Mavericks because I think Jason Kidd is 10x hungrier than Kobe (who already has his rings) to win a championship. Kidd may not be the best player on the Mavericks, but he is their true MVP, Dirk is just a freak of nature and most talented player but lacks the things Kidd excels in.

Other than the Lakers and possibly Cavs, I don't really see a team that can beat the Mavericks. Call me homer, but at least I've supported my reasoning.

bal_ravens
02-27-2010, 01:06 AM
If they can fully gel, I can see them making the Finals.

NYtilIdie
02-27-2010, 01:08 AM
They're the Lakers only competiton IMO.

I see them losing in the WCF to the Lakers, thats unless they get some amazing chemistry going like the Cavs had before the ASB.

If they get that going then they're unstoppable.

momoneyyyy
02-27-2010, 01:15 AM
they're good enough to beat any team.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Once Butler, Dampier, and Thomas are back this team will be unstoppable.

still1ballin
02-27-2010, 02:08 AM
They won't beat the Lakers, I don't even see them getting through the Nuggets.

IU Hoosiers 3
02-27-2010, 02:12 AM
They won't beat the Lakers, I don't even see them getting through the Nuggets.

ok..well lets just see buddy.

carter15
02-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Once Butler, Dampier, and Thomas are back this team will be unstoppable.

fans these days...
sure they "could" beat anyone, but unstoppable, LOL

IU Hoosiers 3
02-27-2010, 02:17 AM
fans these days...
sure they "could" beat anyone, but unstoppable, LOL

haha yeah unstoppable is a stretch but yeah they def can win.

GoatMilk
02-27-2010, 02:18 AM
they'll lose in the 2nd round to Denver or L.A.
I only say that because those teams will have HCA.

well, the Lakers would beat them anyways, but HCA will be the difference with Denver. They have a really good shot at getting Denver though. Even if they did, they can't beat the Lakers. They better hope they dont finish 4th so that they could potentially wait until the WCF to see L.A. They'd have a better shot there

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 02:20 AM
they'll lose in the 2nd round to Denver or L.A.
I only say that because those teams will have HCA.

well, the Lakers would beat them anyways, but HCA will be the difference with Denver. They have a really good shot at getting Denver though. Even if they did, they can't beat the Lakers. They better hope they dont finish 4th so that they could potentially wait until the WCF to see L.A. They'd have a better shot thereThey're the 3rd seed right now and only 1.5 games behind Denver with one game to play against them. That game could end up being for HCA in the 2nd round.

GoatMilk
02-27-2010, 02:22 AM
They're the 3rd seed right now and only 1.5 games behind Denver with one game to play against them. That game could end up being for HCA in the 2nd round.

They're finishing 2nd or 3rd then.
that means they're playing the Nuggets in rd 2. (i know you know)

that would be a good series. whoever has HCA has the advantage, but I trust the Nuggets more on the road than the Mavs. wouldnt you?

st3voness
02-27-2010, 02:27 AM

that would be a good series. whoever has HCA has the advantage, but I trust the Nuggets more on the road than the Mavs. wouldnt you?

Dallas .. 19-12, Denver .. 14-14 - road records?

Do you even know realize what you say sometimes?

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 02:27 AM

Maybe before the trade, but as of now this current team looks really hard to beat. They've already beat the Magic and Hawks on the road and their current road record is 19-12 compare to the Nuggets 14-14. The Mavs have been playing outstanding on the road this year, so I'd definately go with the Mavs stealing one or two on the road in the series.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 02:28 AM

Be nice. :)

mrblisterdundee
02-27-2010, 02:35 AM
It depends on who Dallas plays. I still think Denver can beat them with their superior athleticism. Billups is superior to Kidd. Carmello's and Dirk's scoring has a neutralizing effect. Martin can out-muscle Nowitzki as well. Butler and Terry make Dallas more offensively potent than Denver, but there just aren't enough basketballs to go around, even with Butler's distribution ability. Never underestimate Smith's ability to go off the chains.
Dallas is better offensively, on the books, but Denver is tougher.

thedfactor
02-27-2010, 02:45 AM
This Mavericks team is simply way better since the trade, but they haven't even completely jelled yet. Butler has missed the last two which ironically were the most impressive wins.

Having Damp back to come in for Haywood will be a plus. Chemistry and momentum in the playoffs will be key. When a solid contender has it clicking, anything can happen. I just want to see it happens for Dallas.

GoatMilk
02-27-2010, 02:55 AM

so?

last year the spurs had the 3rd best road record (behind L.A., Boston-ORL-CLE)
the Nuggets were 21-20

and look who got eliminated in rd 1 and in the WCF

regular season does not matter once you get to the playoffs
i'll take a hungry battle tested, more physical nuggets over the mavs on the road in the playoffs

still1ballin
02-27-2010, 02:56 AM

Regardless of the road records, playoffs is way different from the regular season and with the experience Denver has, they can beat any team on the road.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Anyone who says the Nuggets are still "tougher" then the Mavericks haven't been watching the new team play. Haywood is a double/double - blocking machine and everyone knows Butler's nick name is "tough juice". Don't even get me started on Stevenson's toughness.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Regardless of the road records, playoffs is way different from the regular season and with the experience Denver has, they can beat any team on the road.

Funny thing is Dallas is a lot more experienced.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Let the haters hate, we will all see who the last team standing is in June.

GoatMilk
02-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Anyone who says the Nuggets are still "tougher" then the Mavericks haven't been watching the new team play. Haywood is a double/double - blocking machine and everyone knows Butler's nick name is "tough juice". Don't even get me started on Stevenson's toughness.

3 guys

nuggets got Kenyon/Nene/Melo/Chauncey/Birdman/ Lawson/Afflalo/JR even

that whole team

still1ballin
02-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Funny thing is Dallas is a lot more experienced.

No, they are not. Dallas indeed has individuals that has playoff exp. ( Kidd, Dirk) but as a team, no. Theres a lot of new faces on that team ( Marion, Butler, Haywood)

Denver as team went deep in the playoffs last year, therefore more experience together.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:09 AM
No, they are not. Dallas indeed has individuals that has playoff exp. ( Kidd, Dirk) but as a team, no. Theres a lot of new faces on that team ( Marion, Butler, Haywood)

Denver as team went deep in the playoffs last year, therefore more experience together.

And? You're saying Terry, Marion, Butler, Haywood, and Dampier don't have a lot of playoff experience?

And if you're talking about experience as a whole team, Denver aquired Billups, Afflalo, Lawson, and Birdman not too long ago.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:12 AM
3 guys

nuggets got Kenyon/Nene/Melo/Chauncey/Birdman/ Lawson/Afflalo/JR even

that whole team

I just named the new guys.

still1ballin
02-27-2010, 03:12 AM
And? You're saying Terry, Marion, Butler, Haywood, and Dampier don't have a lot of playoff experience?

And if you're talking about experience as a whole team, Denver aquired Billups, Afflalo, Lawson, and Birdman not too long ago.

They do have exp. but not as a whole, not together on the court. Understand?

Billups and Birdman were with Denver last year during the WCF. Only ones that wearn't there were Afflalo and Lawson.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:13 AM
They do have exp. but not as a whole, not together on the court. Understand?

Billups and Birdman were with Denver last year during the WCF. Only ones that wearn't there were Afflalo and Lawson.

Exactly, they reached the WCF with only one year together, so why can't Dallas?

Bulls_fan90
02-27-2010, 03:16 AM

As an outsider i'd take Denver in a series over Dallas NOW (with both teams healthy). I just want to see them play more games together before i say their the second favorites in the West.

Kinda OT but what happens with Haywood next year?? Can Dallas afford to sign him.

GoatMilk
02-27-2010, 03:17 AM

they have a better shot at beating denver than the lakers

if mavs and nuggets are 2/3, then every laker fan will be pulling for dallas

GoatMilk
02-27-2010, 03:19 AM
As an outsider i'd take Denver in a series over Dallas NOW (with both teams healthy). I just want to see them play more games together before i say their the second favorites in the West.

Kinda OT but what happens with Haywood next year?? Can Dallas afford to sign him.

i think dampier is a fa

if they had enough to sign gortat, they could probably sign big brendan

still1ballin
02-27-2010, 03:19 AM

I am not saying they can't. I am just saying I like Denver more because of the experience they have as a group.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:20 AM

Dallas has his early bird rights so yeah he will re-sign. Cuban and Haywood have already started talking about a long term deal.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Let's talk about this more 10 games from now. All I'm saying is if Dallas continues to play like this, they look really hard to beat especially when they get healthy.

ldc62
02-27-2010, 03:59 AM
I think they come out of the West (Lakers and Denver are close). Not sure if they win it all tho...

J-Relo
02-27-2010, 05:49 AM
that trade was... incredible...

getting Caron was great, getting Haywood was amazing and addidng Stevenson is nice...

but all those 3?... c'mon wizards...

kblo247
02-27-2010, 06:47 AM

No one said they couldn't but I'd still take Denver over them for one reason.

Denver was together longer. The Billups trade happened in the early season and Birdman had a training camp and has a previous stint with the team anyway.

They simply had more time to gel together unlike the Mavs who might I remind you got their *** handed to them for not playing as a unit after a deadline trade for Kidd 2 seasons ago.

Chemistry and gelling isn't magically quick. Denver didn't after the AI deal, Phoenix didn't gel after the Shaq deal, Miami didn't after the JO deal, Dallas didn't after the Kidd deal, and San Antonio still hasn't after the Jefferson deal.

That takes work, time, and effort by the players brought in, the old core, the coach, and his staff.

Besides let me ask you, what recent mid-season acquisition besides Pau since he played the easiest position of the offense and Phil through in a lot of pick and roll plays with Kobe and give and gos with Odom, produced postseason results ASAP?

Usually you need to make a major deal early or have to end up waiting to have a training camp to get everyone on the same page. Tweaks normally take less time to fix, but don't kid yourself or get overly confident because what is on paper isn't what always steps on to that court and more often than not it shows in a 7 game series.

BOOMERSOONER
02-27-2010, 09:09 AM
i agree it takes time for the chemistry, an for a team to gel, and i understand that not everyone has been watching the mavs past 6 games. but this team is gelling(i might have spelled this wrong) an building the chemistry in these wins. you cant tell me that wins over the playoff teams such as the magic suns lakers an hawks without more than one practice together isnt saying something for this team. especially agianst the lakers when bulter, damp an thomas were out. you realize the only "center" they had on the bench was najera at 6'8"? an he was also doubling as the only forward on the bench? this team is reenergized with the trade, an has gotten a new degree of toughness on the defensive end. this team is hungry agian for wins, an after looking at our march schedule, we should be able to climb the rankings past denver(who's schedule in march is much more difficult). i can't wait for the playoffs so they can prove themselves

JordansBulls
02-27-2010, 09:41 AM
The Dallas Mavericks have vastly improved, with getting Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, and DeShawn Stevenson. They just look like a different team and they haven't lost a single game after their first one together as a team.

Their wins have been pretty impressive as well.

vs. Phenoix W
@ Orlando W
vs. Miami W
vs. Indiana W

I wouldnt mind seeing a Dallas vs Orlando finals.

magichatnumber9
02-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Whats important is this Dallas team can legitimately contend for a championship.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 10:31 AM
I like our chances vs. anybody. Look at us after the break. We're knocking contenders down 1 by 1. Not needing last second shots to beat the likes of sacramento, Memphis, and the Miami Heat.

Kakaroach
02-27-2010, 12:21 PM
They have been soft the past few years and fixed that with getting Butler and Haywood. Championship contenders? We'll have to see come playoff time, but just looking at their roster and the 6 game-winning streak its hard to say no.

RaptorizedKevin
02-27-2010, 01:18 PM
they are good enough to win a championship. but i see them loosing to the lakers in 7 games. if not, they will loose to the cavs in 7 games.

iggypop123
02-27-2010, 01:29 PM
the key will be butler and marion. neither can hit the 3 to save their lives, and with terry he had sucked most of the season but derek fisher gave life to his season. the one positive for them is carlisle knows how to coach

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-27-2010, 02:02 PM
I like our chances vs. anybody. Look at us after the break. We're knocking contenders down 1 by 1. Not needing last second shots to beat the likes of sacramento, Memphis, and the Miami Heat.

no offense but you lost to memphis by 16 points

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Anybody.Anytime.Anywhere

showtym24
02-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Flip a coin in the air for them against the Lakers. I will give a slight edge to the Mavericks because I think Jason Kidd is 10x hungrier than Kobe (who already has his rings) to win a championship. Kidd may not be the best player on the Mavericks, but he is their true MVP, Dirk is just a freak of nature and most talented player but lacks the things Kidd excels in.

Other than the Lakers and possibly Cavs, I don't really see a team that can beat the Mavericks. Call me homer, but at least I've supported my reasoning.

Hell to the no.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:04 PM

No offense but have you seen us lately? Anything before the all star break means nothing considering we had a drunk starting at Sg, and Erica starting at Center. I mean really? Can you compare that team to this one? I don't think so....

showtym24
02-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Mavricks fans are acting like the rockets fans last year. Talk all you want about the regular season.

JayW_1023
02-27-2010, 02:06 PM
This team can contend...aside from Dirk they have four guys who can go off...Marion, Kidd, Caron B and that pesky little Jet. Plus they have an interior defensive presence in Brendan Haywood now. They are one heckuva complete team, I tell you that. They are prolly the deepest team in the league....5 men deep.

They lost a headcase in Josh Howard for a legit two way player in Butler...and Jason Terry is peskier than ever.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Mavricks fans are acting like the rockets fans last year. Talk all you want about the regular season.

Right but the problem is you have to play in the regular season to get to the playoffs. And play well vs. Elite teams might I add. La is 7-8 vs. the top 8 teams in the NBA. And we don't have a chance why again?

JayW_1023
02-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Not to mention they have four...yes, FOUR legitimate perimeter defenders to throw at Kobe or Melo: Marion. Stevenson. Kidd. Butler.

To downplay the fact that Dallas isn't a dangerous team is just crazy.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Not to mention they have four...yes, FOUR legitimate perimeter defenders to throw at Kobe or Melo: Marion. Stevenson. Kidd. Butler.

You're a smart man....

showtym24
02-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Right but the problem is you have to play in the regular season to get to the playoffs. And play well vs. Elite teams might I add. La is 7-8 vs. the top 8 teams in the NBA. And we don't have a chance why again?

IMO no. Playoffs are a whole different animal my friend. Iam more worried bout the nuggets.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:25 PM
IMO no. Playoffs are a whole different animal my friend. Iam more worried bout the nuggets.

Right cause teams just magically get better in the playoffs. Needing game winners to beat the likes of Sacramento and Memphis AT FULL Strength is definately the look of a champion... Lol

mikantsass
02-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Cuban has done a great job putting this team together, i just dont think they have the inside game to beat Den and LAL in 7 games

showtym24
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Right cause teams just magically get better in the playoffs. Needing game winners to beat the likes of Sacramento and Memphis AT FULL Strength is definately the look of a champion... Lol

lmao you keep bringing that up. Its the nba there is always gonna be close games between great team and **** teams. You go through any teams schedule and you'll see that. Even the mighty mavs.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 02:33 PM

And the playoffs are different. The game is called differently and the nerves go up.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:38 PM
lmao you keep bringing that up. Its the nba there is always gonna be close games between great team and **** teams. You go through any teams schedule and you'll see that. Even the mighty mavs.

I agree to some extent. But again you can't compare
Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Erica

to:

Kidd
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haymaker

Butler's scoring is down from when he was with Wsh but its still better than Josh Howard a guy that plays no defense and just jacks up shots. And don't get me started on Dampier vs. Haywood. He's 10x the player....... You're not smart enough to see that the Mavs after this trade are 10x better than the team you saw before the break? The Mavs were tanking with that sorry lineup and truth be told if we had stayed like we were we would have been heading for the lottery.....

showtym24
02-27-2010, 02:43 PM
I agree to some extent. But again you can't compare
Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Erica

to:

Kidd
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haymaker

Butler's scoring is down from when he was with Wsh but its still better than Josh Howard a guy that plays no defense and just jacks up shots. And don't get me started on Dampier vs. Haywood. He's 10x the player....... You're not smart enough to see that the Mavs after this trade are 10x better than the team you saw before the break? The Mavs were tanking with that sorry lineup and truth be told if we had stayed like we were we would have been heading for the lottery.....

No doubt your a better team. But i still dont think you can beat the nuggs or lakers in a 7 game series. Just
IMO

showtym24
02-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Dirks not gonna almost get more fts than the whole laker team in the playoffs. I'll say one thing though if you can get HC over the nuggets you've got a real shot at beating them.

JayW_1023
02-27-2010, 02:46 PM
I think Dallas is right there with Denver...they are a matchup nightmare. There is no way people will double team Dirk with so many options.

They finally have added enough toughness to compete with Denver...and they have the firepower to match the Lakers.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Dirks not gonna almost get more fts than the whole laker team in the playoffs. I'll say one thing though if you can get HC over the nuggets you've got a real shot at beating them.

I mean I guess..... considering we punished your Lakers team playing 4 on 5 the entire night. And we only played 8 guys while you guys were fully healthy. Don't respect us if you want that's fine. We're knocking off contenders on a nightly basis buddy. La not so much. especially if the other team is good LA won't win. But they'll beat the likes of Memphis and Philadelphia no problem....

Nikeman
02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
vs. Phenoix W
@ Orlando W
vs. Miami W
vs. Indiana W

You note the Maverick injuries, but not the injuries of the other team?

The Mavericks escaped the Miami Heat because they had no D-wade.. We all know what Wade has done to that team in the past and still it was a close game.

That being said though, they look vastly improved and can beat anyone on any given night, but I don't think they can take the Lakers in a 7 game series

Fisher<Kidd
Bryant>Terry??
Artest=Butler
Gasol=Dirk
Bynum>Haywood

They match-up pretty well, but I don't think the Mavs have that elite take over player that LA has. Please don't tell me Dirk can, because if he could, the Mavs would have won the 2006 championship.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:04 PM
I mean I guess..... considering we punished your Lakers team playing 4 on 5 the entire night. And we only played 8 guys while you guys were fully healthy. Don't respect us if you want that's fine. We're knocking off contenders on a nightly basis buddy. La not so much. especially if the other team is good LA won't win. But they'll beat the likes of Memphis and Philadelphia no problem....

Ok man wait till the playoffs i'll go easy on you. Theres kind of a reason we're the defending champs. But its ok. I'll remember come playoffs. In the words of andrew bynum kinda hard to play 8 on 5 REFS WERE HORRIBLE TO SAY THE LEAST.

Avenged
02-27-2010, 03:04 PM

You're a fool if you think the Lakers can't beat a contender. :facepalm:

drobe86
02-27-2010, 03:06 PM
You're a fool if you think the Lakers can't beat a contender. :facepalm:

So why haven't they? I'll wait......

drobe86
02-27-2010, 03:08 PM
vs. Phenoix W
@ Orlando W
vs. Miami W
vs. Indiana W

The Mavericks escaped the Miami Heat because they had no D-wade.. We all know what Wade has done to that team in the past and still it was a close game.

That being said though, they look vastly improved and can beat anyone on any given night, but I don't think they can take the Lakers in a 7 game series

Fisher<Kidd
Bryant>Terry??
Artest=Butler
Gasol=Dirk
Bynum>Haywood

They match-up pretty well, but I don't think the Mavs have that elite take over player that LA has. Please don't tell me Dirk can, because if he could, the Mavs would have won the 2006 championship.

Gasol is equal to Dirk? Are you kidding me.... Please check your stats. And Gasol should've been much better statistically when he played for Memphis when he was all they had but he didn't. Gasol is an all star, but Nowitzki is a superstar....

And Bynum isn't better than Haywood either. Did you bother to watch the game Wednesday night at all?

Nikeman
02-27-2010, 03:10 PM
In this thread, Mavs fans look like boneheads following Cuban's lead!

Yes, I'll give you the fact that your team is good and playing great ball, but no reason to come and talk **** till you prove something in the playoffs.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE=showtym24;12445030]Ok man wait till the playoffs i'll go easy on you. Theres kind of a reason we're the defending champs. But its ok. I'll remember come playoffs. In the words of andrew bynum kinda hard to play 8 on 5 REFS WERE HORRIBLE TO SAY THE LEAST.[/QUOTE

So now you are blaming the refs? Really? Is this little league basketball or something. We whooped that *** fair and square my man you know that.....

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Gasol is equal to Dirk? Are you kidding me.... Please check your stats. And Gasol should've been much better statistically when he played for Memphis when he was all they had but he didn't. Gasol is an all star, but Nowitzki is a superstar....

And Bynum isn't better than Haywood either. Did you bother to watch the game Wednesday night at all?

HAHAHAHA u lose. Did you watch wednesday? When we made a conservative effort to get bynum the ball and the refs werent swallowing their whistles he dominated haywood.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=showtym24;12445030]Ok man wait till the playoffs i'll go easy on you. Theres kind of a reason we're the defending champs. But its ok. I'll remember come playoffs. In the words of andrew bynum kinda hard to play 8 on 5 REFS WERE HORRIBLE TO SAY THE LEAST.[/QUOTE

So now you are blaming the refs? Really? Is this little league basketball or something. We whooped that *** fair and square my man you know that.....

Whooped our *** by five. That was way worse than when we beat yall by 36 in LA.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=drobe86;12445078]

Beating us by 36 is not hard to do when Josh Howard or Barea is starting at shooting guard. Hell Minnesota and Memphis beat us. Any and everybody could beat us. Beat us now!!!!

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Iam done with you. If your luck enough to reach the conference finals then we'll talk. And all those "contender" your beating every night we've beat too.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=showtym24;12445135]

Beating us by 36 is not hard to do when Josh Howard or Barea is starting at shooting guard. Hell Minnesota and Memphis beat us. Any and everybody could beat us. Beat us now!!!!

excuses excuses u lose.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 03:20 PM
HAHAHAHA u lose. Did you watch wednesday? When we made a conservative effort to get bynum the ball and the refs werent swallowing their whistles he dominated haywood.

I can't respect a man that blames the refs for a loss. that's something 7 year old kids do when they lose little league baseball games. That's a shame

Avenged
02-27-2010, 03:21 PM
So why haven't they? I'll wait......

Oh yeah you're right, I forgot the Mavs, Celtics, Magic, Hawks, Spurs were all scrubs.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:22 PM
so?

last year the spurs had the 3rd best road record (behind L.A., Boston-ORL-CLE)
the Nuggets were 21-20

and look who got eliminated in rd 1 and in the WCF

regular season does not matter once you get to the playoffs
i'll take a hungry battle tested, more physical nuggets over the mavs on the road in the playoffs

Yeah, to the DALLAS FREAKING MAVERICKS!!!

Horrible example! :facepalm:

Meth
02-27-2010, 03:23 PM
I can't respect a man that blames the refs for a loss. that's something 7 year old kids do when they lose little league baseball games. That's a shame

Tell that Golden State fans.

Anyways, Mavs might have an edge over the Lakers, but let's see if they get blown out in the first round.

showtym24
Oh yeah you're right, I forgot the Mavs, Celtics, Magic, Hawks, Spurs were all scrubs.

Let him be. He's not gonna be on this site if we play them in the playoffs i gaurantee u that.

drobe86
[QUOTE=drobe86;12445157]

excuses excuses u lose.

How are those excuses exactly? Since the trade the Mavs are 6-1. And the 1 loss was because our 2 new guys hadn't even had 1 day of practice. Fact is Fact son...... When we had Howard and Barea starting we were terrible...

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:25 PM
We're the champs till the mavs raise one stfu/

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:25 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing a Dallas vs Orlando finals.

Pray to the basketball Gods for this!!! :clap:

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Whats important is this Dallas team can legitimately contend for a championship.

Amen brother, amen!

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:27 PM

Before the trade, don't be a gay...:facepalm:

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I now pray we play dallas in the conf finals.

drobe86
Let him be. He's not gonna be on this site if we play them in the playoffs i gaurantee u that.

I'll b right here

Jason5Kidd5

Before the trade, don't be a gay...:facepalm:

Did you forget you lost once to Memphis and almost got beat again the night before Dallas beat you? If you say, "a win is a win" as your rebuttal for almost losing to the Grizzlies, then why can't a loss be a loss? Because it doesn't convenience your argument? Oh, okay...

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Hell to the no.

It's sad, but even your own Laker fan's feel the same way. It doesn't mean Kobe isn't superior, just means he's not as hungry.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:36 PM

You mean the same Rockets team that took the Lakers to 7 games without their star player, Yao Ming?

Oh okay, glad you put it in perspective.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:38 PM

Allow me to get on my knees, sir... jk! :P :clap:

drobe86
02-27-2010, 03:39 PM

Right cuz beating the Mavs before the trade is equivalent to beating them now......

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Cuban has done a great job putting this team together, i just dont think they have the inside game to beat Den and LAL in 7 games

Haywood, Erica, and Dirk sounds pretty nice to me....

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:41 PM

Wow, hypocritical much? You just tried punking Dallas by mentioning they lost by 16 to the Memphis, all while failing to mention it was before the trade.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

lakerboy
02-27-2010, 03:43 PM
I love how Dallas and Denver would kill each other in the western semifinals. It'll probably be the best 2nd round series this year.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Wow, hypocritical much? You just tried punking Dallas by mentioning they lost by 16 to the Memphis, all while failing to mention it was before the trade.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Umm.. no i didnt say that.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:45 PM

yea i said that :facepalm:

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Its vey funny mavs havent done **** and talk a huge game. Just like the rockets last year prior to the playoffs. Clear enough for you guy?

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:47 PM
You mean the same Rockets team that took the Lakers to 7 games without their star player, Yao Ming?

Oh okay, glad you put it in perspective.

Its very funny mavs havent done **** and talk a huge game. Just like the rockets last year prior to the playoffs. Clear enough for you guy?

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Iam done see u in april if the nuggets dont man handle you again. And force your tool of a owner to yell at players mothers. Peace.

st3voness
02-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Its vey funny mavs havent done **** and talk a huge game. Just like the rockets last year prior to the playoffs. Clear enough for you guy?

You're 0-1 against the new Mavericks .. Kobe got shut out by Deshawn Stevenson (9/23, right?) .. and we didn't even have Butler or Dampier.

You're getting scared and your insecurity about your team is starting to show in your posts because, deep down, you know just as well as the rest of the NBA that the Lakers are just not as good as they were last year (or maybe they are, but other teams are surpassing them trade-wise) and won't be repeating in 2010.

Sorry, Champ.

Avenged
02-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Right cuz beating the Mavs before the trade is equivalent to beating them now......

Right because the Mavs win 6 games and all of a sudden they're the team to beat. This Mavs team has surely proven a lot to be way ahead of every other time in the league. The almighty Mavs are a proven winner.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Lakers fans are douche bags. Sure they won the title last yr, but they act like they are entitled to winning again this yr. I've seen nothing special from them this year at all except game winning shots vs. inferior opponents.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:53 PM
God its gonna be so nice when we beat this team may. If the nuggets dont take care of them first.

lakerboy
02-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Lakers fans are douche bags. Sure they won the title last yr, but they act like they are entitled to winning again this yr. I've seen nothing special from them this year at all except game winning shots vs. inferior opponents.

Watching the Lakers play.. If you did against Dallas, or against Philly last night, it's like they weren't even trying.

BTW, number one seed too.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:56 PM
vs. Phenoix W
@ Orlando W
vs. Miami W
vs. Indiana W

Fisher<Kidd
Bryant>Terry??
Artest=Butler
Gasol=Dirk
Bynum>Haywood

Correction, we all know what the Refs have let DWade do to us in the past but NOT since they were awarded their championship. They haven't beaten us very many times if at all since then now that I think about it...

And Gasol=Dirk, you just lost all credibility and should never post here again. I'll try and let the numbers speak for themselves.

Pau Gasol v. Mavericks 2/24: FG: 5/9 .556, FT: 1/2 .500, REB: 6, AST: 3, STL: 0, BLK: 0, PTS: 11

Dirk Nowitzki v Lakers 2/24: FG: 10/19 .526, FT: 11/11 1.00, REB: 9, AST: 1, STL: 1, BLK: 0, PTS: 31

If that constitutes equal... then it should be more like this....

Kidd > Fisher
Terry = Kobe
Butler = Artest
Dirk = Gasol
Haywood = Bynum

Obviously using your logic is foolish. So this is a more accurate approach...

Kidd > Fisher
Terry < Kobe
Butler > Artest
Dirk > Gasol
Haywood < Bynum

Marion = Odom
Dallas Bench > Laker Bench

drobe86
Right because the Mavs win 6 games and all of a sudden they're the team to beat. This Mavs team has surely proven a lot to be way ahead of every other time in the league. The almighty Mavs are a proven winner.

I mean we have beaten 5 playoff contenders during the 6 game win streak. Add that to the fact that we beat 2 of the nba's top 3 teams without Caron Butler easily our 2nd best player. face the facts, after this trade we went from decent 6th to 8th seed playoff team to Western Conference Champion at the very least. Don't blame me, blame Cuban and Donnie lol!!!

Avenged

The fact that you've seen nothing special from the Lakers this year but they still hold the number one seed out west should scare you.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Correction, we all know what the Refs have let DWade do to us in the past but NOT since they were awarded their championship. They haven't beaten us very many times if at all since then now that I think about it...

And Gasol=Dirk, you just lost all credibility and should never post here again. I'll try and let the numbers speak for themselves.

Pau Gasol v. Mavericks 2/24: FG: 5/9 .556, FT: 1/2 .500, REB: 6, AST: 3, STL: 0, BLK: 0, PTS: 11

Dirk Nowitzki v Lakers 2/24: FG: 10/19 .526, FT: 11/11 1.00, REB: 9, AST: 1, STL: 1, BLK: 0, PTS: 31

If that constitutes equal... then it should be more like this....

Kidd > Fisher
Terry = Kobe
Butler = Artest
Dirk = Gasol
Haywood = Bynum

Obviously using your logic is foolish. So this is a more accurate approach...

Kidd > Fisher
Terry < Kobe
Butler > Artest
Dirk > Gasol
Haywood < Bynum

Marion = Odom
Dallas Bench > Laker Bench

the gap between kobe and terry is wayyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than dirk and pau. :facepalm:

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok man wait till the playoffs i'll go easy on you. Theres kind of a reason we're the defending champs. But its ok. I'll remember come playoffs. In the words of andrew bynum kinda hard to play 8 on 5 REFS WERE HORRIBLE TO SAY THE LEAST.

I do hate when refs blow the game, as happened on many occasions, but that game had NOTHING to do with the refs. Go back to your Laker @ Maverick thread and your own damn fans would say that such-and-such a call was bogus, then quickly reply how after the replay it was the right call but the refs are still incompetent.

You're the defending champions, where is your pride?

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
The fact that you've seen nothing special from the Lakers this year but they still hold the number one seed out west should scare you.

They dont get it man they think the mavs are instant favs for the title it's hilarious.

showtime5
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
You guys need to stop baiting with each other. I am a Mavericks fan, but I understand that there's no point in gloating because the 6-1 record is in the regular season. Maybe, the Mavs were able to beat the Lakers on Wednesday, but who's to say that they would do it in a series of 7? The truth is that with this trade, the Mavericks are now legitimate title contenders along with the likes of the Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, Cavaliers, and Celtics.

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:01 PM
:facepalm:
I do hate when refs blow the game, as happened on many occasions, but that game had NOTHING to do with the refs. Go back to your Laker @ Maverick thread and your own damn fans would say that such-and-such a call was bogus, then quickly reply how after the replay it was the right call but the refs are still incompetent.

You're the defending champions, where is your pride?

I think i'll go with a guy that actually played in the game over fans.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Iam done with you. If your luck enough to reach the conference finals then we'll talk. And all those "contender" your beating every night we've beat too.

Have you beaten the Cavs? :P

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:02 PM
You guys need to stop baiting with each other. I am a Mavericks fan, but I understand that there's no point in gloating because the 6-1 record is in the regular season. Maybe, the Mavs were able to beat the Lakers on Wednesday, but who's to say that they would do it in a series of 7? The truth is that with this trade, the Mavericks are now legitimate title contenders along with the likes of the Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, Cavaliers, and Celtics.

wow a mavs fan that gets it. who woulda thought?

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=drobe86;12445157]

excuses excuses u lose.

Says the 8 on 5 man... just let them...

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:03 PM

Sometimes refs do blow games though bro. The Dallas/Laker game was CLEARLY not one of them...

drobe86
02-27-2010, 04:03 PM

That's misleading my man. Let's look deeper into that great record of yours. Did you know that LA is 7-8 vs. Contenders?? O ok so you beat the inferior teams and then lose to the good ones.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Iam done see u in april if the nuggets dont man handle you again. And force your tool of a owner to yell at players mothers. Peace.

Um, we may yell at their mothers, but at least we don't rape their women...:facepalm:

I feel bad for the people in Colorado. :P

Mavrix
No one said they couldn't but I'd still take Denver over them for one reason.

Denver was together longer. The Billups trade happened in the early season and Birdman had a training camp and has a previous stint with the team anyway.

They simply had more time to gel together unlike the Mavs who might I remind you got their *** handed to them for not playing as a unit after a deadline trade for Kidd 2 seasons ago.

Chemistry and gelling isn't magically quick. Denver didn't after the AI deal, Phoenix didn't gel after the Shaq deal, Miami didn't after the JO deal, Dallas didn't after the Kidd deal, and San Antonio still hasn't after the Jefferson deal.

That takes work, time, and effort by the players brought in, the old core, the coach, and his staff.

Besides let me ask you, what recent mid-season acquisition besides Pau since he played the easiest position of the offense and Phil through in a lot of pick and roll plays with Kobe and give and gos with Odom, produced postseason results ASAP?

Usually you need to make a major deal early or have to end up waiting to have a training camp to get everyone on the same page. Tweaks normally take less time to fix, but don't kid yourself or get overly confident because what is on paper isn't what always steps on to that court and more often than not it shows in a 7 game series.

Oh yeah? So tell me how your beloved Lakers went to the Finals after a mid season trade for Pau Gasol that very same year? :facepalm:

drobe86

Who the hell are you? And sure the 6-1 record isn't in the playoffs but the playoffs are not here so how can anyone go by that? And I never heard of a team get their ***** kicked by good teams during the season and then all of a sudden become a juggernaut in the playoffs so regular season success against elite teams for the most part can be tied in with playoff success.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:09 PM
You're 0-1 against the new Mavericks .. Kobe got shut out by Deshawn Stevenson (9/23, right?) .. and we didn't even have Butler or Dampier.

You're getting scared and your insecurity about your team is starting to show in your posts because, deep down, you know just as well as the rest of the NBA that the Lakers are just not as good as they were last year (or maybe they are, but other teams are surpassing them trade-wise) and won't be repeating in 2010.

Sorry, Champ.

x1 :clap:

kobe24>lebron23
02-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Let the haters hate, we will all see who the last team standing is in June.

ummm im going out on a limb and say the LOS ANGELES LAKERS

and those of u who are saying that kidd is 10X hungrier then kobe are just plain out crazy.... no one is as hungry for a championship as kobe bryant... why do u think he doesnt care about stats any more every interview he does he always mentions champiopnships and not mvp's !!!!

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Who the hell are you? And sure the 6-1 record isn't in the playoffs but the playoffs are not here so how can anyone go by that? And I never heard of a team get their ***** kicked by good teams during the season and then all of a sudden become a juggernaut in the playoffs so regular season success against elite teams for the most part can be tied in with playoff success.

Orlando beat us bad twice last year than the finals happened. Great logic buddy.

Legitimate
02-27-2010, 04:12 PM
this mavs team most likely end up winning a championship

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:12 PM
the gap between kobe and terry is wayyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than dirk and pau. :facepalm:

I agree with that... but obviously someone saw fit to use the <, >, = approach and failed epically. I was just making it more accurate, but it's stupid because it doesn't account for gaps. :facepalm:

Gasol < Dirk
Terry < Kobe
Both true statements. I wasn't the one who wanted to use this scale, you or another Laker homer did...

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=showtym24;12445175]

Says the 8 on 5 man... :facepalm:

Yea one game where the mavs clearly got more calls in dallas and won by five means were done. We shouldnt even show up for the playoffs with hca threw the west. :facepalm:

Avenged
02-27-2010, 04:14 PM

Just because you couldn't do it against the Warriors a few seasons ago does not mean it doesn't happen.

drobe86
02-27-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm not so sure the gap between Kobe and Jet is THAT significant. Jet had 31 and Kobe had what 23???

kobe24>lebron23
02-27-2010, 04:15 PM

Sorry, Champ.

it's ok buddy just remember phil wins his championships in 3's so does kobe... playoffs will be totally different animal for the teams who play the lakers...
just remember in 2001 the lakers lost ten more games(or so) then in 2000 but yet they only lost 1 game in the playoffs/finals

Mavrix
vs. Phenoix W
@ Orlando W
vs. Miami W
vs. Indiana W

Fisher<Kidd
Bryant>Terry??
Artest=Butler
Gasol=Dirk
Bynum>Haywood

Since when does Gasol = Dirk? :confused::confused::confused:

Wow LA fans are hilarious. That's like saying Chris Paul = Aaron Brooks

smuffins353
this team is old and washed up.....they got one final run left in them but LA and DEN stars are way better than Dallas and they have better teams and coaches....

Jason5Kidd5
:facepalm:

I think i'll go with a guy that actually played in the game over fans.

So you will go with the bias source? Of course, you're a Laker...

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:16 PM
wow a mavs fan that gets it. who woulda thought?

Now if we can only find a Lakers fan that gets it. :confused:

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Our leader kobe. Their leader dirk. My point. Iam done.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=drobe86;12445078]

Didn't Dallas beat your *** by 14 earlier in the season? :eyebrow:

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm not so sure the gap between Kobe and Jet is THAT significant. Jet had 31 and Kobe had what 23???

OMG how old are you? You serious? Hhhahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

kobe24>lebron23
02-27-2010, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=showtym24;12445135]

Didn't Dallas beat your *** by 14 earlier in the season? :eyebrow:

if im not mistaken i think that game was without pau gasol

drobe86
Just because you couldn't do it against the Warriors a few seasons ago does not mean it doesn't happen.

Couldn't do what? The Warriors had been a thorn in our side for a few seasons since Nellie had taken over. Us losing that series was not all that much of a surprise to me. We had a coach who was in his first full year that was inexperienced, going up against the man that had put that particular team together. They beat us fair and square but it wasn't all that big of an upset considering the circumstances surrounding it....

smuffins353
mavs got rid of their only trill player (Howard)

now they are extra BOOOORRRRRINNNNGGGGGGGGGG

Avenged
02-27-2010, 04:20 PM
OMG how old are you? You serious? Hhhahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Just let him be. It's funny how they say that "we don't get it", but with posts like that, who would?

showtym24
02-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Had to put something that epic in my sig. FAIL

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Our leader kobe. Their leader dirk. My point. Iam done.

Arguable. I think Kidd is more of our leader. Regardless, Paul Pierce was the leader for the Celtics when they beat you in the finals, doesn't mean Pierce is better than Kobe.

In fact, Nowitzki was drafted AFTER Kobe but won MVP BEFORE him. Failed attempt brother... :facepalm:

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 04:23 PM

Yes, last nights game against Atlanta was nothing worth talking about. This team sucks!! :rolleyes:

Avenged
02-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Couldn't do what? The Warriors had been a thorn in our side for a few seasons since Nellie had taken over. Us losing that series was not all that much of a surprise to me. We had a coach who was in his first full year that was inexperienced, going up against the man that had put that particular team together. They beat us fair and square but it wasn't all that big of an upset considering the circumstances surrounding it....

Exactly. You said you've never seen a team get beaten in the regular season by a team and then turn it up in the playoffs. The Mavs couldn't do it that year. The Lakers did it last year when they lost to the Magic in the regular season but beat them in the finals. So, it can be done.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Mavrix;12445816]

if im not mistaken i think that game was without pau gasol

Yeah and I'm pretty sure Josh Howard was absent in that game as well. And don't give me that "OMGZ PAU > HOWARD" **** because both players were huge contributers at the time.

Highlight
02-27-2010, 04:26 PM

That's why it's considered one of the biggest upsets in the history of the NBA Playoffs right!? :rolleyes: And most people would agree with me.

Regardless, back on topic, the Mavs look pretty damn good and will only get better with time. It will be between LA, Dallas, and the Nuggets. Whoever shows up in the playoffs will obviously win, and LA has had pretty much the same group for the past 2 years, so I wouldn't just kick them to the curb yet, like some Mavs fans are doing.

Instead of talking trash back and forth with one another, why not just wait till they meet in the playoffs (If they do). Most people would agree that it will be 2 of those 3 teams in the WCF.

Ebbs
02-27-2010, 04:26 PM
I dont want jinx it but I think honestly a ring is not out of the question

smuffins353
02-27-2010, 04:28 PM
not gonna happen Dallas=CHOKE
LOLOLOL

drobe86
02-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Exactly. You said you've never seen a team get beaten in the regular season by a team and then turn it up in the playoffs. The Mavs couldn't do it that year. The Lakers did it last year when they lost to the Magic in the regular season but beat them in the finals. So, it can be done.

But that's the only time that's happened in NBA History. Which proves that that was more of the exception that the rule. LA hasn't beat good teams this year and they won't magically do it come playoff time. Just watch and see......

showtime5
02-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Who the hell am I? I am a loyal Dallas Mavericks fan that believes unnecessary arguments with opposing fans are silly and juvenile. Now, who the hell are you? Why do you feel it is necessary to bait with fans who believe their team is the worthiest of all? We, as Mavericks fans, know that our chances of winning the NBA Championship are right there. Please don't act like a ******* with your fatuous remarks on fellow NBA fans. Don't create a bad name for Dallas Mavericks fans on PSD. Keep it classy...

shep33
02-27-2010, 07:37 PM
I still don't think they can beat LA in a 7 game series. Nuggets vs. Mavs will be epic, but the Lakers adapt to teams they play in the playoffs, and Kobe really steps up after kinda cruising through the season.

leftie5
02-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Definitely a great move by the Mavs. As I'm sure several people have pointed out, Haywood may be the most valuable player in that deal. He's a pretty underrated player and has fit in nicely with the team.

The West still goes through the Lakers though, but this definitely makes the western conference even tighter. Should make for a great playoffs.

ChongInc.
02-27-2010, 07:59 PM
One if the best once they start clicking. They are better on paper than the celtics most recent championship team.

CBCable
02-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Who the hell am I? I am a loyal Dallas Mavericks fan that believes unnecessary arguments with opposing fans are silly and juvenile. Now, who the hell are you? Why do you feel it is necessary to bait with fans who believe their team is the worthiest of all? We, as Mavericks fans, know that our chances of winning the NBA Championship are right there. Please don't act like a ******* with your fatuous remarks on fellow NBA fans. Don't create a bad name for Dallas Mavericks fans on PSD. Keep it classy...

yes yes yes yes. correct. thank you for that.

also a mavs fan here. keep it in perspective fellas

PHX2daDEATH
02-27-2010, 08:32 PM
i'll just say this

R. Lopez > Haywood
G.Hill/J. Rich > Marion/Butler

PHX2daDEATH
02-27-2010, 08:39 PM
as much as I loved Marion, he always struggled in the 4th quarter of big-games and missed easy shots.. J-Rich has proven to be more clutch . Would love to see a Mavs/Phx first round match up

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
as much as I loved Marion, he always struggled in the 4th quarter of big-games and missed easy shots.. J-Rich has proven to be more clutch . Would love to see a Mavs/Phx first round match up

It would be a massacre... Mavs in 5.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 08:47 PM
i'll just say this

R. Lopez > Haywood

I truly know you don't really believe this. My memory is short and fuzzy, but um... was Richardson clutch in the playoffs last year? :facepalm:

I'm just having a super hard time trying to remember how well the Suns did in the post season... damn! I can't :(.

J_M_B
02-27-2010, 08:54 PM
They have a really good team, but I don't see them getting through the Nuggets or the Lakers.

J_M_B
02-27-2010, 08:56 PM
i'll just say this

R. Lopez > Haywood

:facepalm: x 10

Avenged
02-27-2010, 09:00 PM

As much as I don't agree the Mavs will pushover the Lakers like the majority of Mavs fans are making it seem, the Suns have a very slim chance of beating the Mavs in the 7 game series.

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 09:01 PM
:facepalm: x 10

x10

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 09:03 PM
As much as I don't agree the Mavs will pushover the Lakers like the majority of Mavs fans are making it seem, the Suns have a very slim chance of beating the Mavs in the 7 game series.

I think Mavs have as much of a chance beating the Lakers in 7 games, as the Nuggets beating the Mavs in 7 games.

I don't think any of them would be an upset. Of course, I'll be rooting for Dallas but the Lakers are still the team to beat (we just beat them twice in the regular season as did the Nuggets).

It's going to be a showdown! :clap:

jlee3936
02-27-2010, 09:17 PM

man idk about that. 6 game winning streak. dirks beautiful, wet shot. butler and marion taking it to the rim. j-kidd playing like hes 26, with his 7 steals in one game. the jet taking off on a more consistent basis lol. haywood crashing the offensive boards and swatting shots left and right. coming back from a 15 point 4th quarter deficit. you get my point? i would say boring is the last word i would use to describe the mavs right now.

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I think Mavs have as much of a chance beating the Lakers in 7 games, as the Nuggets beating the Mavs in 7 games.

I don't think any of them would be an upset. Of course, I'll be rooting for Dallas but the Lakers are still the team to beat (we just beat them twice in the regular season as did the Nuggets).

It's going to be a showdown! :clap:

Playoffs are going to be good this year.

PHX2daDEATH
02-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Massacre huh..?

Dallas is only a game and a half ahead on the Suns..Nobody's locked up home court but last I checked Suns have a better home record.. Suns have the third best record against the Conference behind LA and Denver. Suns have a higher point differential

If you wanna go back and brag about beating LA twice..well we dominated them back in december, i think we held a twenty point lead at one point and ended up beating them by 15..

Our Bench outplayed your starters in the 4th quarter in a game at the end of January.. yeah you can say 'well we didnt have butler and haywood" so you automatically dis-credit any other wins you had with Howard in your line-up..

I'm sure all you said the Mavs were gonna take care of the Warriors really easy back in 06 too huh?

The difference between these teams isn't as far off as everyone is making it seem.. I ain't sayin the Suns would win but I don't think the Mavs would come in and wipe the floor with them either..

jlee3936
02-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Massacre huh..?

Dallas is only a game and a half ahead on the Suns..Nobody's locked up home court but last I checked Suns have a better home record.. Suns have the third best record against the Conference behind LA and Denver. Suns have a higher point differential

If you wanna go back and brag about beating LA twice..well we dominated them back in december, i think we held a twenty point lead at one point and ended up beating them by 15..

Our Bench outplayed your starters in the 4th quarter in a game at the end of January.. yeah you can say 'well we didnt have butler and haywood" so you automatically dis-credit any other wins you had with Howard in your line-up..

I'm sure all you said the Mavs were gonna take care of the Warriors really easy back in 06 too huh?

The difference between these teams isn't as far off as everyone is making it seem.. I ain't sayin the Suns would win but I don't think the Mavs would come in and wipe the floor with them either..

i think they would. and i think a lot of ppl would agree with me. i'd say mavs in 6.

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Suns are pretenders. Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs are contenders out west.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 09:48 PM
i'll just say this

r. Lopez > haywood
g.hill/j. Rich > marion/butler

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

BlueJayFanDan
02-27-2010, 09:49 PM
I think the face that we just beat the Lakers and Hawks who are both legit contenders, without Caron Butler, Dampier, or Tim Thomas says a lot about this team. My worry is that we always dig ourselves a hole for 3 quarters and then come back but we cant do that forever. But I think we are legit this year. I like this roster more then the 06 roster and we could have won that year. I think we can do it.

Mavrix
02-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Check out the Mavericks next 9 games. Great time to move up to the 2nd seed.

vs New Orleans 8:30pm
@ Charlotte 6:00pm
vs Minnesota 7:30pm
vs Sacramento 7:30pm
@ Chicago 7:00pm
@ Minnesota 7:00pm
vs New Jersey 7:30pm
vs New York 7:30pm
vs Chicago 7:30pm

Avenged
02-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I think the face that we just beat the Lakers and Hawks who are both legit contenders, without Caron Butler, Dampier, or Tim Thomas says a lot about this team. My worry is that we always dig ourselves a hole for 3 quarters and then come back but we cant do that forever. But I think we are legit this year. I like this roster more then the 06 roster and we could have won that year. I think we can do it.

Yup, no doubt about it I think you can do it also. But so can the Lakers, Nuggets, Cavs Magic. Heck, perhaps even the Hawks. Let the best team win. :p

jlee3936
02-27-2010, 09:55 PM

15 game winning streak?

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Yup, no doubt about it I think you can do it also. But so can the Lakers, Nuggets, Cavs Magic. Heck, perhaps even the Hawks. Let the best team win. :p

Sums it up, I agree 100%.

ragee
02-27-2010, 09:58 PM
They have a legit chance of beating the Lakers...

goose15
02-27-2010, 10:07 PM
3rd in the west

Lakers
Nuggets
Mavs

Jason5Kidd5
02-27-2010, 10:12 PM

Holy mother of God. I'm too lazy, but can someone add up the win-loss ratio of all those teams combined please?! :o

JIMMY CONWAY
02-27-2010, 10:28 PM
How many of those teams were on the second leg of a back to back? There was a stat that had the teams record on the second game as 70 -173.

xbrackattackx
02-27-2010, 10:50 PM
How good...Very Good?

Silent
02-27-2010, 10:59 PM
u have 4 potential allstars in the starting line up and a great bench i think dallas will surprise the lakeshow

DenButsu
02-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Very, very good. But the Nuggets are still better. They'll be the 3rd seed, most likely.

Jack of Blades
02-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Very, very good. But the Nuggets are still better. They'll be the 3rd seed, most likely.

Off topic, but what was the other Grateful Dead lyric that you had in your sig a while ago?

DenButsu
02-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Off topic, but what was the other Grateful Dead lyric that you had in your sig a while ago?

Do you remember the gist of it? I've had a lot of different ones. (A couple Jerry ones: "All good things in all good time"/"Tryin' hard to express myself cause baby that's the way I feel"), maybe I used this Dead one once: "Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart - when I can hear it beat out loud".

Jack of Blades
02-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Do you remember the gist of it? I've had a lot of different ones. (A couple Jerry ones: "All good things in all good time"/"Tryin' hard to express myself cause baby that's the way I feel"), maybe I used this Dead one once: "Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart - when I can hear it beat out loud".

I don't remember it at all, I even didn't recognize it from a song. I think it might have been your last one?

leftymo
02-28-2010, 12:37 AM
The Mavs have definitely solidified themselves as the 3rd best team in the conference. I don't think they are better than Denver or LA, so I voted 2nd round exit (they'll lose to Denver in the playoffs).

Despite their recent victory, they don't have much of a chance against Los Angeles. They aren't mentally tough enough, they haven't played together enough, and their interior does not match up with the Lakers interior. Plus they are older.

Their two new additions have limited playoff experience and came from a team known for not playing defense.

Kingz4L
02-28-2010, 12:52 AM
I told my friend what that team was missing is a center...thats it...Butler and Stevenson make it that much sweeter and it gives them 2 guys to chase Kobe on defense and wear him out. They got themselves a Bynum type of player...Haywood is not as good offensively but hes better on defense than Bynum.

Raph12
02-28-2010, 01:08 AM
There will be a rematch in the WCFs and ECFs... Book it.

_KB24_
02-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Lakers and Denver are still the better teams. I have them on par with Utah.

DenButsu
02-28-2010, 01:49 AM
I don't remember it at all, I even didn't recognize it from a song. I think it might have been your last one?

"dust off those rusty strings just one more time/gonna make 'em shine..."

?

That's my last best guess. :laugh2: Sorry for going off topic, folks.

MacFitz92
02-28-2010, 02:08 AM
There will be a rematch in the WCFs and ECFs... Book it.

I don't see how you could say that at all. The Mavericks haven't lost to anybody after their first game as a team.

And that included home games against the Lakers, Suns, and Heat, as well as road games against the Magic and Hawks.

In fact, they beat the Lakers and Hawks without Butler, which is, quite franky, amazing

The sky is the limit for this team, and I will even go as far and say that if this team could only lose a couple games for the rest of the season, if any.

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 02:36 AM

So I guess you will agree that Dwade and the heat won in a fair 7 game series in 2006 am I right?

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 02:43 AM

Sorry but you're mistaken, homer. :)

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 02:44 AM
The Mavs have definitely solidified themselves as the 3rd best team in the conference. I don't think they are better than Denver or LA, so I voted 2nd round exit (they'll lose to Denver in the playoffs).

Despite their recent victory, they don't have much of a chance against Los Angeles. They aren't mentally tough enough, they haven't played together enough, and their interior does not match up with the Lakers interior. Plus they are older.

Their two new additions have limited playoff experience and came from a team known for not playing defense.

Despite their last 6 victories against the Lakers, Hawks, and Magic? Funny guy.

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 02:49 AM

Its been six games. Why are mav fans jumping the gun? Phoenix started with a great record over the first 20 games or so, beat a couple of contenders too and fell back down to Earth. Just wait till the playoffs before you gloat.

Nighthawk
02-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Its been six games. Why are mav fans jumping the gun? Phoenix started with a great record over the first 20 games or so, beat a couple of contenders too and fell back down to Earth. Just wait till the playoffs before you gloat.

yeah first 20 games...

its now after the ASB and this is when you judge teams. Down the stretch as we head for playoff basketball. If Dallas beats L.A or Denver and got to the Finals i wouldnt be shocked or surprised at all. Dirk is a BEAST. Kidd,Terry, Butler and Marion is a hell of a supporting core. Haywood is playing like a new man and they also got Deshawn, Thomas and Dampier. Thats some good depth. We'll see

I still like L.A or CLE to win it all so i say they lose in the WCF

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 03:03 AM
yeah first 20 games...

its now after the ASB and this is when you judge teams. Down the stretch as we head for playoff basketball. If Dallas beats L.A or Denver and got to the Finals i wouldnt be shocked or surprised at all. Dirk is a BEAST. Kidd,Terry, Butler and Marion is a hell of a supporting core. Haywood is playing like a new man and they also got Deshawn, Thomas and Dampier. Thats some good depth. We'll see

I still like L.A or CLE to win it all so i say they lose in the WCF

I still don't understand what problem you have with what I said. My point was 20 games or 6 games regardless of whether its is after the ASG or not, both are too short of a time frame to judge a team and predict what they will do 2-3 months from now. I never bashed or said that Dallas couldn't beat the nuggets or the lakers. I'm just saying don't jump the gun with such a small sample, is that no valid?

I get your a fan and you got your opinions, but I'd appreciate if you read and understand what others are saying before responding.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:03 AM

I'm gonna own you real quick if it's okay with you.

Beginning of season through December when the Suns were "good":

Suns @ Orlando = LOSS
@ LA Lakers = LOSS
@ Denver = LOSS
@ Cleveland = LOSS
@ LA Lakers = LOSS
Dallas = LOSS
vs Cleveland = LOSS

Dallas has played 3 contenders since the trade and beat all 3. Until they lose to one I'll gloat all the **** I want.

JnasD
02-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Mavs have been playing well and if they play The Lakers in The Western Conference Finals then that series can go to seven games. We will see how everything goes come playoff time.

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm gonna own you real quick if it's okay with you.

Beginning of season through December when the Suns were "good":

Suns @ Orlando = LOSS
@ LA Lakers = LOSS
@ Denver = LOSS
@ Cleveland = LOSS
@ LA Lakers = LOSS
Dallas = LOSS
vs Cleveland = LOSS

Dallas has played 3 contenders since the trade and beat all 3. Until they lose to one I'll gloat all the **** I want.

Exactly, they fell down to Earth. So what? That proves my point - a short amount of games mean nothing over the course of the season, that's what everyone else has been saying over the 14 pages of this thread. The only thing you owned is the same homer behavior you accuse others of having. I don't understand why that's so hard to see.

Edit: Also, nice job leaving out the contenders they did beat - Boston x2 (a contender at the time), Lakers, they actually beat Orlando, SA (contender at the time). Please tell me how you won the argument again?

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Exactly, they fell down to Earth. So what? That proves my point - a short amount of games mean nothing over the course of the season, that's what everyone else has been saying over the 14 pages of this thread. The only thing you owned is the same homer behavior you accuse others of having. I don't understand why that's so hard to see.

Edit: Also, nice job leaving out the contenders they did beat - Boston x2 (a contender at the time), Lakers, they actually beat Orlando, SA (contender at the time). Please tell me how you won the argument again?

I obviously only showed you the losses. My point is Dallas HASN'T lost to a contender yet, and until they do Mavs fans have a right to gloat.

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 03:30 AM
I obviously only showed you the losses. My point is Dallas HASN'T lost to a contender yet, and until they do Mavs fans have a right to gloat.

Has being a mavs fan really been that bad? You need to gloat over 6 games? Really?!

If that's the case I apologize, if that's the best thing to happen for a Mavs fan over the past few seasons for them to gloat over, then I am sorry, gloat ahead.

However, I'm sure the Mavs have had better and longer stretches over the past few years, this is small potatoes to gloat over. Believing you have a right to gloat over 6 games is pretty sad.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Has being a mavs fan really been that bad? You need to gloat over 6 games? Really?!

If that's the case I apologize, if that's the best thing to happen for a Mavs fan over the past few seasons for them to gloat over, then I am sorry, gloat ahead.

However, I'm sure the Mavs have had better and longer stretches over the past few years, this is small potatoes to gloat over. Believing you have a right to gloat over 6 games is pretty sad.It's not the 6 games, it's what teams have been beaten in that stretch and how the Mavericks have been doing it. This team looks better than any of the other previous teams in the last few seasons. The team is a lot more talented, playing better than ever and that gives all the reason in the world for Mavs fans to gloat.

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 03:51 AM
I totally agree, Dallas Mavericks do seem more improved and has beaten 2 really really good teams the last two games. I think they are more talented, better defensively with Haywood. They also have 4 guys to throw at Melo and Kobe, and have the fire power to contend with the lakers and nuggets. However, I also feel that what others have been saying are valid. The only problem I have is 1) the stretch of 6 games is too small to extrapolate over a 7 game series, and 2) I feel like Mav fans using this argument to start gloating is being a bit too shortsighted.

_KB24_
02-28-2010, 03:58 AM
I don't see how you could say that at all. The Mavericks haven't lost to anybody after their first game as a team.

And that included home games against the Lakers, Suns, and Heat, as well as road games against the Magic and Hawks.

In fact, they beat the Lakers and Hawks without Butler, which is, quite franky, amazing

The sky is the limit for this team, and I will even go as far and say that if this team could only lose a couple games for the rest of the season, if any.

:laugh:

IT'S BEEN ****ING 6 GAMES! ahahahahahahaha LOL!

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:59 AM
I totally agree, Dallas Mavericks do seem more improved and has beaten 2 really really good teams the last two games. I think they are more talented, better defensively with Haywood. They also have 4 guys to throw at Melo and Kobe, and have the fire power to contend with the lakers and nuggets. However, I also feel that what others have been saying are valid. The only problem I have is 1) the stretch of 6 games is too small to extrapolate over a 7 game series, and 2) I feel like Mav fans using this argument to start gloating is being a bit too shortsighted.

You can't say that if the Raptors (I'm assuming your a Raptor fan from your username) were to do the same thing, you wouldn't gloat about it?

drobe86
02-28-2010, 04:25 AM
:laugh:

IT'S BEEN ****ING 6 GAMES! ahahahahahahaha LOL!

But what people fail to realize is that anything that happened before the all star break is discredited for the Mavs because that was a totally different team. Howard/Dampier aren't 1/10th of the players Butler/Haywood are. Add that to the fact that the Mavs are 2nd in total defense since the trade. So Mavs fans gloat about the record after the trade because this is the team we are now. It's night and day, and that's why our record reflects that. The problem I have with other teams fans is that they believe their teams will magically start beating good teams all of a sudden. I mean LA is 7-8 vs. the top 8 teams in the NBA. Thats awful. Denver is as inconsistent as any team in the league with some bad losses. So I'm not sure why we as Mavs fans shouldn't be gloating.

_KB24_
02-28-2010, 04:28 AM
But what people fail to realize is that anything that happened before the all star break is discredited for the Mavs because that was a totally different team. Howard/Dampier aren't 1/10th of the players Butler/Haywood are. Add that to the fact that the Mavs are 2nd in total defense since the trade. So Mavs fans gloat about the record after the trade because this is the team we are now. It's night and day, and that's why our record reflects that. The problem I have with other teams fans is that they believe their teams will magically start beating good teams all of a sudden. I mean LA is 7-8 vs. the top 8 teams in the NBA. Thats awful. Denver is as inconsistent as any team in the league with some bad losses. So I'm not sure why we as Mavs fans shouldn't be gloating.

Because you guys think that you are going to have a automatic trip to the WCF when Denver and LA have clearly been the better teams so far in the season.

I mean, you guys lost to us by nearly 40 points.....a game that featured Gasol for maybe 5 minutes before he got injured?

ko8e24
02-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Lakers-Mavs 2010 WCF

Lakers 4 Mavs 3

drobe86
02-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Because you guys think that you are going to have a automatic trip to the WCF when Denver and LA have clearly been the better teams so far in the season.

I mean, you guys lost to us by nearly 40 points.....a game that featured Gasol for maybe 5 minutes before he got injured?

Problem is, you're talking about a team that featured Josh Howard and Erica Dampier. Neither of which plays for the Mavs anymore. What about the game just last week when you guys were fully healthy and we played all of 8 players? We didn't have our 2nd best player in Caron Butler. And we still handled you playing 4 on 5 most of the night. (and no don't tell me Stevenson is aplayer. career 6ppg) Get it?

Meth
02-28-2010, 04:58 AM
Interwebs drama!

Jason5Kidd5
02-28-2010, 05:01 AM

I think you keep missing the part where they keep reminding you that this is a new team, hence the thread "How good is this new Mavericks team?"

I understand you are upset about the last loss, but give credit when credit is due. Everyone else does with the Lakers... we admit the Lakers are the team to beat if you want to win it all... we also admit Kobe is the 2nd best player in the NBA today (after LeBron James).

_KB24_
02-28-2010, 05:43 AM
I think you keep missing the part where they keep reminding you that this is a new team, hence the thread "How good is this new Mavericks team?"

I understand you are upset about the last loss, but give credit when credit is due. Everyone else does with the Lakers... we admit the Lakers are the team to beat if you want to win it all... we also admit Kobe is the 2nd best player in the NBA today (after LeBron James).

I will admit that the Mavericks team is on par with Utah, with Denver and the Lakers being better. :rolleyes:

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 06:37 AM
You can't say that if the Raptors (I'm assuming your a Raptor fan from your username) were to do the same thing, you wouldn't gloat about it?

I'm actually not a raptors fan. I was a fan of vince before he pulled his pansy act to get out of toronto. If i was a toronto fan, I would though. However, what has Toronto have to be proud about in the last few years? I think most (including most mav fans) would agree that the Mavs have been a more successful franchise for the last 5-7 years when compared to toronto and have more to gloat about than a successful 6 game stretch.

Additionally, I understand that gloating is part of sports, nothing what I do or say will stop you guys or any other fans from doing what you want. I think at the heart of the debate though, there are valid points.

The mavs are a good team, and have looked spectacular over the past few games. However, it has only been 6 games, and so I think its more than valid to say that its not going to predictive over what's going on in the playoffs.

The topic asks, how good is this mavericks team? Personally, I think they will give the Nuggets a run for their money (7 games in the 2nd round) Ultimately though, I feel that the inclusion of Butler will be tough on the chemistry when facing a formidable nuggets team and a serious laker team.

The thing with this laker team is yes, they have a terrible record to contenders. But this season feels eerily similar the 2001 season where the lakers disappointed in the season but went on to coast in the playoffs. This is my opinion, and a gut feeling of course, but it would be interesting to see how all Phil Jackson teams did season and playoff record wise in their repeat years.

leftymo
02-28-2010, 07:34 AM

Your conference record is awful (compared to the other elite teams), most of your wins are against the leastern conference. That's pretty funny.

I also looked up the overall stats and Dallas is nowhere near the top teams defensively, rebounding, opp FG%, opp 3pt%, these are some of the more important stats for a championship team.

3rd best in the west is where they rate. It's where they stand now, and that's how good they are. The reason why you'll lose in the 2nd round is because Denver is better than you. They are hungrier, mentally tougher, they've been through the wars collectively as a team (last year). Dallas just patched together some players, and Butler hasn't played all six games, you'll still need to integrate him into the system.

Be happy you are the 3rd best. Maybe a year to gel and next year you might be going in the right direction.

drobe86
02-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Your conference record is awful (compared to the other elite teams), most of your wins are against the leastern conference. That's pretty funny.

I also looked up the overall stats and Dallas is nowhere near the top teams defensively, rebounding, opp FG%, opp 3pt%, these are some of the more important stats for a championship team.

3rd best in the west is where they rate. It's where they stand now, and that's how good they are. The reason why you'll lose in the 2nd round is because Denver is better than you. They are hungrier, mentally tougher, they've been through the wars collectively as a team (last year). Dallas just patched together some players, and Butler hasn't played all six games, you'll still need to integrate him into the system.

Be happy you are the 3rd best. Maybe a year to gel and next year you might be going in the right direction.

Problem is, that we have about as many credible wins (6) in the last 2 weeks as LA has all year (7). Also, Denver is super inconsistent and it shows. Overtime with the likes of Golden State and Detroit? I'm just saying man. Comparing the Mavs with anything other than the 7 games they've played after the break is stupid, because this team wasn't together. As for that gel crap and nonsense you're talking about. It means nothing. If we can beat LA, Orlando, and Atlanta with Deshawn Stevenson I'm quite sure we can do it with Caron Butler........

drobe86
02-28-2010, 11:50 AM

Also, you are a damn lie. Since the All Star Break the Mavs are 2nd in total defense. Add that to the fact that we have the NBA's best road record. Meaning we can go anywhere and whip anybody's *** on their own home floor. Last but not least, our conference record is what it is because we had the likes of Josh Howard and Erica Dampier starting. That's clearly no longer the case and our record reflects that.

jimbobjarree
02-28-2010, 01:03 PM
looking good so far

Blackjack24
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM
On paper, they can run with anyone in the league. It'll depend on whether Butler comes back and plays well enough to guard people like LBJ and Kobe in the playoffs. That role could fall to Marion too, depending on the lineup out there.

christexaport
02-28-2010, 01:36 PM
No one is mentioning Stevenson has a history of defending Kobe and Lebron well. We now have a proven stopper on the bench, plus a starting caliber center and PF/SF in Dampier and Thomas, And we're winning without an All Star player known for defense, dribble penetration, and attacking the rim, which has been this team's weakness all season.

Say what you like, but Dal looks great right now, even though they're missing key pieces. And the poll shows 69% think we get to the Western Conference Finals or further. So its not just homerism. This team is good, and plays right into Kidd and Dirk's playing style. All our starters are defensive minded guys, save Dirk. Our bench is full of even more defenders. We have a defensive/speed scoring option in Beaubois, a flexible scorer in Thomas, a shooter and Sixth Man of the Year in Terry, Dampier... They have something for all types of lineups now!

I hope LeBron is watching how our front office makes deals to support Dirk each year. He'll get the same when he gets here this summer.

Dirk and LeBron for Co-MVPs in 2011! Buahaahaahhah!

leftymo
02-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Neither Stevenson nor Butler are known for defense. Laker fans know this up front of all people.

leftymo
02-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Also, you are a damn lie. Since the All Star Break the Mavs are 2nd in total defense. Add that to the fact that we have the NBA's best road record. Meaning we can go anywhere and whip anybody's *** on their own home floor. Last but not least, our conference record is what it is because we had the likes of Josh Howard and Erica Dampier starting. That's clearly no longer the case and our record reflects that.

Since the allstar break? That was 2 weeks ago man!

NBA's best road record? hahah, did you check your record? You have 12 road losses. There are not one, not two but THREE teams were 10 losses on the road.

Lakers
Celtics
Cavs

all have better records.

leftymo
02-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Problem is, that we have about as many credible wins (6) in the last 2 weeks as LA has all year (7). Also, Denver is super inconsistent and it shows. Overtime with the likes of Golden State and Detroit? I'm just saying man. Comparing the Mavs with anything other than the 7 games they've played after the break is stupid, because this team wasn't together. As for that gel crap and nonsense you're talking about. It means nothing. If we can beat LA, Orlando, and Atlanta with Deshawn Stevenson I'm quite sure we can do it with Caron Butler........

you beat LA on a second night of a back to back, and that game was rather close. It must've been nice having Dirk shoot close to as many FT's as the entire laker team in that one. Dallas has never been a thorn to LA, never. Phil & Kobe have zero fear of them. I mean this is the same team that LA has overcome a 27 point 4th quarter deficit to beat. A team where kobe outscored the mavs after three quarters by himself! A team that lost by close to 40 points to the lakers this year.

If you are going to measure the Mavs strictly based on 7 games, then please do not compare them to two teams that have put together 50+ games of superior basketball, teams that have been to the WCF and or won the championship. (collectively as a team).

Phil Jackson has never NOT repeated a championship after winning one. You could say he's the best at getting his players ready to play at the right time. Lakers are in cruise control right now and still boast the #2 best record in the NBA.

Your easy schedule in the immediate fore-front, may give that #2 seed. If so, then you might actually have a fair shot against Denver, but I'd still pick them to beat you. 2nd round exit. Anything more will be unexpected. Health obvious plays a factor.

drobe86
02-28-2010, 02:44 PM
you beat LA on a second night of a back to back, and that game was rather close. It must've been nice having Dirk shoot close to as many FT's as the entire laker team in that one. Dallas has never been a thorn to LA, never. Phil & Kobe have zero fear of them. I mean this is the same team that LA has overcome a 27 point 4th quarter deficit to beat. A team where kobe outscored the mavs after three quarters by himself! A team that lost by close to 40 points to the lakers this year.

If you are going to measure the Mavs strictly based on 7 games, then please do not compare them to two teams that have put together 50+ games of superior basketball, teams that have been to the WCF and or won the championship. (collectively as a team).

Phil Jackson has never NOT repeated a championship after winning one. You could say he's the best at getting his players ready to play at the right time. Lakers are in cruise control right now and still boast the #2 best record in the NBA.

Your easy schedule in the immediate fore-front, may give that #2 seed. If so, then you might actually have a fair shot against Denver, but I'd still pick them to beat you. 2nd round exit. Anything more will be unexpected. Health obvious plays a factor.

As for the road record, we have the most road wins in the NBA my man. That's FACT. As for your excuses about Dirk getting to the line and other excuses for the Mavs beating LA without their 2nd best player and Deshawn Stevenson starting it's whatever man. Then you go on and ramble about how LA beat us by 30 some odd points earlier in the year and Kobe had 60 something points 3 years ago. What does any of that have to do with now? Nothing..... You said that Dallas hasn't been a thorn in the side of LA and that's true. Problem is... Dallas has never had as good a team as they currently have so that means very little to nothing. All I know is we are 6-1 and rounding into one of the best teams in the NBA. Anything before Butler/Haywood/Stevenson means nothing, because that would mean we were playing with Howard/Dampier. Both of those guys aren't legit NBA starters and our record before the break vs. after the break clearly shows that. I always said once we get an NBA starting caliber SG and C we are going to be dangerous. Lucky for you and the rest of the NBA we have, and we are 6-1. See you chumps in June.......

drobe86
02-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Neither Stevenson nor Butler are known for defense. Laker fans know this up front of all people.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Stevenson has had decent success vs. Lebron when he was in Washington. And he shut Kobe down first half in that game vs. LA last Wednesday. He didn't play as much down the stretch because we needed Jets scoring but the man can play defense, and it clearly showed. As for Caron you really have no idea what you are talking about. Caron is regarded by many analyist as being one of the toughest players in the NBA. Hence the nickname Tuff Juice. Kobe even said he gets it done on both ends of the floor and one of the toughest players he has even played with.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Is this a joke?

bigmac8675
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
They will lost either in the Western Conference Finals or the 2nd round.

Ebbs
02-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Thats all stevenson is known for :facepalm: well that and chirping lebron :p

st3voness
02-28-2010, 03:32 PM

http://the-big-b.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/5816874/12750890

Oh hey, look who is #6 and #8 on that list. Granted it was 2007, it proves your argument wrong about Butler not being known for defense. And we all know the story about Deshawn Stevenson in previous years (and Lakers fans should know recently since he held Kobe to 9-23 shooting).

Stop posting.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:36 PM
http://the-big-b.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/5816874/12750890

Oh hey, look who is #6 and #8 on that list. Granted it was 2007, it proves your argument wrong about Butler not being known for defense. And we all know the story about Deshawn Stevenson in previous years (and Lakers fans should know recently since he held Kobe to 9-23 shooting).

Stop posting.It was posted in 2009, not 2007.

None the less...OWNED.

tp13baby
02-28-2010, 03:38 PM
C'mon homer, stfu. The Lakers beat Dallas on a second night of a back to back as well and we didn't use that as a ****ing excuse. That's all Laker fans are, trashy excuse giving c*nts.

well at least this year the Mavs won't win only one game this year.;)

But The Mavs have gotten better And MAvs fan
You can't say Melo will be stopped by your defenders.
its saying we can stop Dirk.
No way. You guys are very cocky considering you got swept last year with a Denver team that isn't close to as good as this year. The Mavs got alot better but overall your really f'in cocky.

chisox721
02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
The night they made the deal I put 50 on them to win it all gettin 14/1. LOVE that starting lineup. Getting Butler wasn't even the biggest part of that deal. The improvement with Haywood starting and Dampier coming off the bench is huge. I really don't see a weakness with this team. Could end up being one of the best WCF series we've ever seen. Lets just hope the NBA doesn't try and rob them like they did Portland in 2000.

BlondeBomber41
02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
well at least this year the Mavs won't get swept by Denver this year.;)

But The Mavs have gotten better And MAvs fan
You can't say Melo will be stopped by your defenders.
its saying we can stop Dirk.
No way. You guys are very cocky considering you got swept last year with a Denver team that isn't close to as good as this year. The Mavs got alot better but overall your really f'in cocky.

The Nuggets didn't sweep the Mavs last year. The Mavs won one game and should of won two if the refs knew how to call a foul.

I dont know why you think your team is so much better this year. There hasn't been any noticable change in your roster.

Your memory sucks.

tp13baby
02-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Lawson>Carter
Affalo>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jones

BlondeBomber41
02-28-2010, 03:45 PM
It was posted in 2009, not 2007.

None the less...OWNED.

No, it was posted in 2007. Had to be, they talk about how well Shawn Marion is playing with the Heat defensively.

BlondeBomber41
02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Lawson>Carter
Affalo>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jones

So your backup PG makes you that much better? A rookie?

and Afflalo isn't better than Jones. He isn't any better of a defender and his offense isn't any better.

tp13baby
02-28-2010, 03:50 PM
So your backup PG makes you that much better? A rookie?

and Afflalo isn't better than Jones. He isn't any better of a defender and his offense isn't any better.

you definitly don't watch Denver then.
I do watch the Mavs. I have said they are good! It will be interesting.

DCB/LAL
02-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Dallas is a really good team that CAN beat the Lakers.

Will they beat the Lakers in the playoffs? I dont think so but thats my opinion

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:56 PM
No, it was posted in 2007. Had to be, they talk about how well Shawn Marion is playing with the Heat defensively.

No, it was posted in 2009.

Posted on: January 6, 2009 7:20 am

Shawn Marion played for the Heat in 08-09 and wasn't traded to Toronto until Febuary 2009, right before the trade deadline.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 03:57 PM

I'm sure we'll all be watching them in about an hour or so.

airraptor8
02-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Dallas is a really good team that CAN beat the Lakers.

Will they beat the Lakers in the playoffs? I dont think so but thats my opinion

Totally agree, especially if Denver meets Dallas in the second round. As always with Denver, it will be a physical series. Dallas is tough, but to face a athletic lakers team after a tough denver series, I don't think many will bet on Dallas. That's not to say that Dallas can't gut it out, its just not in the percentages.

Mavrix
02-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Btw airraptor I agree with you on both posts in both threads but I got caught off guard by some of the other posts that bothered me lol.

BlondeBomber41
02-28-2010, 04:00 PM

I do watch Denver. I always thought your best and most explosive bench player offensively was Linas Kleiza, and you lost him.

Afflalo isn't an improvement over Jones, it was pretty much a lateral move. They are the same player when it comes to what they bring to the table.

Lawson is a good player, but if you are really trying to convince me your team has significantly improved because of the 20 minutes a game he plays behind Billups you are wasting your time.