PDA

View Full Version : Most Physical team

PHX2daDEATH
02-26-2010, 04:56 PM
There was a thread about the handcheck rule.. so it got me thinking about the league's defense, I mention Memphis, with that team being so big they could be really physical and be a better team but with the Rules now you just can't get away with it..

I like high scoring games but I do think more teams need to put guys on their backs, if they start cutting up your defense. I think it goes back to all of these players being friends off the court. They are too chummy to get in each other's faces. I loved it when Dampier said he was going to clobber Tony Parker..Larry Brown has tried to build a physical defensive team in Charlotte..again the league rules doesn't allow them to be as good as they could be defensively..

Bucsfan
02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
when matt harpring was with the jazz they were, i dont really see it that way, but i always hear in post game comments alot of players say they jazz are physical, im not seeing it

jimbobjarree
02-26-2010, 05:32 PM
one guy said the Jazz arent just physical with you on the defensive end, they beat you up at the offensive end too. Cant remember who said it, anyway the Jazz with their inability to shoot from the outside have to pound it downlow constantly, we should be way up there in points in the paint. I also bet we are up there in fouls too.

and big girls like Dirk say we play dirty, but then again, he is a girl so how credible that is who knows

Bucsfan
02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
dont talk bad about drink jimbob!!! we are going to get trampled by mavs fans now

its not dirks fault he is emotional

RaptorizedKevin
02-26-2010, 07:10 PM
houston rockets? utah jazz

Gibby23
02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Celtics, Jazz, and Mavs seem more physical after the trade.

BradyIsTheMan12
02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
When Portland is healthy with Oden and Pryzbilla they are one of the most physical defenses, but they aren't healthy........

CLMCII
02-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeppers!

PHX2daDEATH
02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Rockets, Jazz might be.. I just dont see it in Houston no more, especially after they gave up Landry.. Utah not as much as they were, I think what was said about Harpring can be said about San Antonio and Bruce Bowen, The Spurs just aren't the same team anymore without Bowen... Dallas, i think Haywood is tough but they are still a finesse team with Kidd and Dirk. Oklahoma City? they are long and athletic.. thats why they are good. I think Denver is going to have to be more Physical, especially if they meet the Lakers.. Thats what happened last year.. They played L.A. too soft... Denver needed another big guy at the trade-deadline.

CTown81
02-26-2010, 07:43 PM
I remember Kobe mentioning the Cavs and Celtics played very physical ball during the recent East Coast trip. More physical than most West teams etc.

heathonater
02-26-2010, 07:55 PM
i wouldnt say there are that many physical defenses anymore due to the increase in foul calls. probably boston, cleveland are the most physical defenses right now. but playing physical defense is not as prevalent now a days as it was 10-12 years ago when the heat and knicks both beat the crap out of each other in each game.

Raph12
02-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Celtics hands down.

Sadds The Gr8
02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Denver. Would be Houston if Landry was still there.