PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Says" Lebron Can't Do It All By Himself"

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Just heard this on Jim Rome this morning. In last nights post game interview with David Aldridge Lebron dropped the 3rd person reference telling DA that "Lebron can't do it all by himself"

Then Ernie and Kenny picked up on it:

Ernie saying.. "Ernie is going to take us to a graphic"

Kenny Saying: "Kenny's here"

Heres the link: (video's on the right panel) "Lebron Post - Game Interview"

Video

http://www.nba.com/insidethenba/

But in all seriousness who does that? "Lebron can't do it all by himself".. You have to have a huuuuge EGO to drop the 3rd person reference..especially in a live interview. I love Bron's game but damm,

skinsfan4life80
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
But all anyone wants to do is call Kobe cocky

Raph12
02-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Good because he doesn't have to, the Cavs were whooping the Celts without Lebron on the floor... People saying Varejao is the team MVP maybe on to something lol.

GodsSon
02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
If they don't make the finals again this season, things will be very interesting lol

Bucsfan
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
bucsfan thinks this is ridiculous, bucsfan thinks lebron a cocky *******

seriously though, thats bad to say about the rest of your team, how would that make you feel if you were on a team and somebody else said "i cant do it be myself", especially referring to themselves in the 3rd person, i would say **** you lebron!

Raph12
02-26-2010, 02:44 PM
bucsfan thinks this is ridiculous, bucsfan thinks lebron a cocky *******

seriously though, thats bad to say about the rest of your team, how would that make you feel if you were on a team and somebody else said "i cant do it be myself", especially referring to themselves in the 3rd person, i would say **** you lebron!

Lol I wish someone had the balls to say that on his team, instead they might just go out and buy him a rolls-royce or something. :rolleyes:

Giaps
02-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Yeah that's definitely an ego issue. I hate when people refer to themselves in the 3rd person but to add what he said on top of that says volumes. I'd be pissed if my teammate said that.

Luke0842
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
For as much as I respect Bron's game (I'm a die hard Celtics fan) I can not even stand looking at him. He is such a cocky arrogant *****. Also, did anyone notice his face after the refs called the travel on him in last nights game, it was hilarious.

Young and Stupid
02-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Ricky thinks LeBron is right. Ricky couldn't do it by himself, Ricky couldn't score all the runs, so Ricky took Roids'. Ricky thinks LeBron might leave causing Cleveland to turn into a warzone, Ricky thinks the Cavs need more than Jamison to make LeBron stay. Today I am the greatest -- thank you.

$ NyC $
ugh, w.e :facepalm: Don't see why this is a big deal but i also don't see why he said that. He has a pretty good supporting cast around him this year.

clutchski
Clutchski really doesn't know what the big deal is.

Bucsfan
Lol I wish someone had the balls to say that on his team, instead they might just go out and buy him a rolls-royce or something. :rolleyes:

yeah or he even just plays whack a mole with all the other players mouths while they are down on their knees....run for your life BIG Z!!!!

seriously though lebron would probably have somebody shot for talking back to him, and he wouldnt even get in trouble, he would be doing the entire nba a favor

JNA17
02-26-2010, 02:49 PM
when players go into 3rd person mode, it only leads into bad news

king4day
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
He didn't say it cocky at all. I'm not a huge lebron fan but he was making a point.

DaBUU
02-26-2010, 02:53 PM
DaBuu really thinks Lebron is a douchebag

futureman
02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
The guy has 3 All-Stars playing along side him. If thats not enough to win, he is horribly overrated.

Raph12
02-26-2010, 02:54 PM
yeah or he even just plays whack a mole with all the other players mouths while they are down on their knees....run for your life BIG Z!!!!

seriously though lebron would probably have somebody shot for talking back to him, and he wouldnt even get in trouble, he would be doing the entire nba a favor

Lol, doubt Z leaves Cleveland, he loves it there with or without Lebron.

I'd love to see the 2010 Lebron play with the 1996 Jordan lol... Let the battle of the egos... BEGIN!!!

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
when players go into 3rd person mode, it only leads into bad news

Has anyone else went into 3rd person mode in the NBA.... ever?

Shmontaine
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
shmontaine thinks that lebron needs to look at his roster and recognize lebron's not alone and that's no longer an excuse for failure... lebron needs to start think about the cavs as A TEAM... and yeah, he could've easily said 'i' without an issue, but he's making headlines with this 3rd person crap.. so, there u go...

shmontaine's hungry now... shmontaine's gonna eat some pizza...

LanceUpperCut
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
PSD is getting so lame with all these cry babies making a LBJ hate thread every time the guy moves or speaks. I don't like or hate the guy and I find all this ********. One day without a LBJ bashing thread, a Bosh is going to CHI , NYK or Heat thread or D-Rose getting overated by Bulls fans and underrated by D-Rose haters would be the greatest day in PSD history.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Damn, LeBron can't anything without people hatin on him.

akay47
02-26-2010, 03:07 PM
LOL even when the guy says something that's intelligent and humble, you guys make fun of him for referring to himself in the 3rd person, come on man, too many lebron haters on this website

Melo15
02-26-2010, 03:08 PM
LeBron James is arguably the best player in the NBA, and arguably the biggest douchebag.

Carey
02-26-2010, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Bucsfan;12434942]bucsfan thinks this is ridiculous, bucsfan thinks lebron a cocky *******

Nice!

jetsfan28
02-26-2010, 03:17 PM
:sigh:

Just another ridiculous reason to hate on LeBron. In context, it was perfectly fine, he was going against a thought many NBA fans have, which is that "LeBron can do it all by himself."

cheezinmypocket
02-26-2010, 03:22 PM
"George is getting angry!"

Wilson
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Goodness gracious. At this point in time, if LeBron helped an old lady cross the street, he'd probably be roasted by everyone for being a selfish glory hog. He was asked a question about how the Cavs keep everyone involved, and he replied with this:

"Well we've got a big picture here David, and that's to win an NBA Championship and you can't do it just by one guy, LeBron can't do it by himself and the guy all the way down to the 15th can't do it by himself. We have to understand that it's a team concept and we need everybody and everybody needs to stay ready".

Just exactly what else was he supposed to say there?

prodigy
02-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Prodigy says fresh Prince is just looking for a reason to bash Lebron. lol.

He was talking about how everyone needs to work together no matter how many mins you get. very unselfish team guy.

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Goodness gracious. At this point in time, if LeBron helped an old lady cross the street, he'd probably be roasted by everyone for being a selfish glory hog. He was asked a question about how the Cavs keep everyone involved, and he replied with this:

"Well we've got a big picture here David, and that's to win an NBA Championship and you can't do it just by one guy, LeBron can't do it by himself and the guy all the way down to the 15th can't do it by himself. We have to understand that it's a team concept and we need everybody and everybody needs to stay ready".

How about.... "I cant do it all by myself"?

Who refers to themselves as Lebron..lol

Do you call yourself by your own name?

Bucsfan
02-26-2010, 03:38 PM
whoever said lebron was being humble seriously made me lmao

smith&wesson
02-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks captain obvious... no one can win by themselves. and throwing your team under the buss doesnt help get it done either.

NYK_kidd77
02-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Lol i love the TNT guys they made it even more funny.

Wilson
02-26-2010, 03:52 PM
How about.... "I cant do it all by myself"?

Who refers to themselves as Lebron..lol

Do you call yourself by your own name?

Occasionally, when I'm just joking around with friends...pretty much like LeBron did there...:shrug:

KnicksorBust
02-26-2010, 03:56 PM

:clap: He's acknowledging the fact that you can't be selfish and need to win as a team to win a title. A lesson I'm assuming he learned very well after the Orlando series last year. I really doubt anyone on the Cavs actually took any offense to that.

Draco
02-26-2010, 04:04 PM

People obviously don't understand that Lebron is a huge Seingfeld fan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc).

arkanian215
02-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Just heard this on Jim Rome this morning. In last nights post game interview with David Aldridge Lebron dropped the 3rd person reference telling DA that "Lebron can't do it all by himself"

Video

But in all seriousness who does that? "Lebron can't do it all by himself".. You have to have a huuuuge EGO to drop the 3rd person reference..especially in a live interview. I love Bron's game but damm,
lol i love the double standard here. he goes out to say he can't do it by himself and then you bash him for using the third person.

since the OP took things out of context im gonna type out the whole thing he said:
"We got a big picture here Dave and that's to win an NBA Championship. You can't do it by just one guy. LeBron can't do it by himself and the guy all the way down to the fifteenth guy can't do it by himself and we gotta understand it's a team concept and we need everybody. Everybody has to stay ready."

OP you would be a disgrace to journalism if you ever got into. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you need to take things out of context. There's plenty of material out there for your hate.

Ray_R
02-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes He can Hes ****ing LBJ.:worthy:

People obviously don't understand that Lebron is a huge Seingfeld fan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc).

Ray Likes This.

smith&wesson
02-26-2010, 04:12 PM
hey guys guess what. kobe and lebron farted. lets make a thread about it.

arkanian215
02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
heh did some googling and it seems that he's been saying this since high school. oh well
melo does it too supposedly

prodigy
02-26-2010, 04:14 PM
WHO CARES OMG!!!!! Lebron can call himself whatever the heck he wants. Your not his momma... I hate people who judge others.

mikemoneymk19
02-26-2010, 04:15 PM
this is sad some of yall r just dumb and have no life...clearly the man said "lebron cant do it by himself...JUST LIKE THE 15TH MAN ON THE TEAM CANT DO IT BY HIMSELF"...man just tellin it lik it is dnt leave out some of the sayin and just bash him...."mike thinks this thread is pityful...end quote.

JayAllDay
02-26-2010, 04:31 PM
The guy has 3 All-Stars playing along side him. If thats not enough to win, he is horribly overrated.

2005 Knicks had 4 all stars

Stephon Marbury
Steve Francis
Anfernee Hardaway
Antonio Davis

Having all stars don't really mean much and Lebron-less Cavs would be CONSIDERABLY EASIER to play against. After their bread and butter play of giving Lebron the ball up top to pass, shoot, or drive won't work that well (if at all) with say Jamario Moon or Mo Williams.

Southsideheat
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
just go to Chicago and win a half dozen championships then.

SeoulBeatz
02-26-2010, 04:44 PM
wow i used to be very supportive of lebron but the more and more i hear him talk the more i hate him.

i remember i was watching a Thunder Cavs game and B.J Mullens fouled him and for some reason the mic was on lebron and when he was shooting his freethrows he kept looking over to Mullens and you could here him clearly say "***** you got a long way to go before you go hackin me like that!" then he after he made his freethrow he started nodding at B.J mouthing the words "you just a *****" as he walked down the court.

what a tool bag. its hard to respect a man who's just an *******. be humble fool!

or at least do what kobe does. Kobe knows he's great, and he knows he's an *******, but he keeps that to himself most of the time or puts on a fake smile. Lebron is just an ***.

pejotabay13
02-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Its totally being takin out of context, hes saying that he cant do it himself, and neither can any1, hes not saying he doesnt have any1 else on his team, hes saying to win hey have to work as a team

CAVS21
02-26-2010, 04:50 PM
He didn't say it cocky at all. I'm not a huge lebron fan but he was making a point.

:clap::clap: THANK YOU!!! Someone finally paid attention to the WHOLE ENTIRE interview!!!!! He was pretty much praising his teammates saying it was nice to get the support he got last night...so he said LeBron cant do it by himself and he also said other guys on the team cant do it by themselves either......maybe you hater ***** should listen to the whole thing before you go trashing the kid. GET A LIFE

CAVS21
02-26-2010, 04:51 PM
DaBuu really thinks Lebron is a douchebag

Wow way to make yourself look smart chief

D1JM
02-26-2010, 05:10 PM
:clap::clap: THANK YOU!!! Someone finally paid attention to the WHOLE ENTIRE interview!!!!! He was pretty much praising his teammates saying it was nice to get the support he got last night...so he said LeBron cant do it by himself and he also said other guys on the team cant do it by themselves either......maybe you hater ***** should listen to the whole thing before you go trashing the kid. GET A LIFE

homer

wileyisTOFU
02-26-2010, 05:16 PM
wileyistofu thinks he would be an arrogant mother****er to if he was lebron, so yall need to stop hating already

Jaji
02-26-2010, 05:24 PM
It wasn't that bad. He was making a point. It wasn't like Leon. This thread is a reeeeeeeach.

Jaji
02-26-2010, 05:26 PM
homer

:laugh2:

but for real... :pity:

dtmagnet
02-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Jimmy's down!

GunFactor187
02-26-2010, 05:59 PM
OMG where's Ramon Nivar!?!?!?!?!!?

td0tsfinest
02-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I guess the Diesel got to him.

Jaji
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
OMG where's Ramon Nivar!?!?!?!?!!?

:clap:

MagicDojo
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Magicdojo can't keep saying what an arrogant douchette Lebron is all by Magicdojo's self!

Tony_Starks
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
So let me get this straight: thread starter is using a quote out of context for the sole purpose of hating on Lebron right?

Ok I got it.

Jaji
02-26-2010, 06:29 PM
So let me get this straight: thread starter is using a quote out of context for the sole purpose of hating on Lebron right?

Ok I got it.

Exactly and precisely.

wileyisTOFU
02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I think people should post in 3rd person more often

MagicDojo
02-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I think people should post in 3rd person more often
Magicdojo is gonna have to agree and give Magicdojo a high five on that one.:clap:

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Its not that.. I get the intent.

Its the 3rd person reference that I take issue with.

You should never refer to yourself as Lebron if your first name also happens to be Lebron.

Thats my opnion and I m certainly entiled to it. Lebron is the best player in the game right now. But that EGO makes it hard to actually Root for the guy and could casue issues.

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Magicdojo can't keep saying what an arrogant douchette Lebron is all by Magicdojo's self!

HAHAHA.. Fresh Prince just laughed a little bit

JordansBulls
02-26-2010, 06:49 PM

Video

Then he needs to stop holding onto the ball for 18-20 seconds every possession and let other guys run the offense and make plays. If other guys only get to see the ball for 4-6 seconds a possession, how much can they realistically do?

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Ok I got it.

No im the furthest thing from a hater you'll find here.

Lebrons statement is not being taken out of context at all. The statement is irrelevant to the point here.

I get the whole we need to win as a team argument. Of course. and I agree with what Lebron said.

The fact that Lebron casually used his own first name "Lebron" to refer to himself. He said "Lebron can't do it all by Himself". That is what I take issue with.

Instead of saying "I cant do it all by myself" like most mere mortals would.. He referred to himself as Lebron. I disagree with refering to one self in the 3rd person. (Unless youre trying to be funny) Its my pet peeve actually.

To Quote Common:

"If i dont like it I dont like it..that dont mean that i'm hating"

CLMCII
02-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeppers!

Gibby23
02-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Karl Malone did this all the time.

Tony_Starks
02-26-2010, 07:13 PM

Lebrons statement is not being taken out of context at all. The statement is irrelevant to the point here.

I get the whole we need to win as a team argument. Of course. and I agree with what Lebron said.

The fact that Lebron casually used his own first name "Lebron" to refer to himself. He said "Lebron can't do it all by Himself". That is what I take issue with.

Instead of saying "I cant do it all by myself" like most mere mortals would.. He referred to himself as Lebron. I disagree with refering to one self in the 3rd person. (Unless youre trying to be funny) Its my pet peeve actually.

To Quote Common:

If you say so man. It still appears you're going out of your way to take issue with him, especially when you look at what he was saying in its entirety. He was naming other teammates names so to include his own is not that shocking.

You act is if he just came completely out of left field and started referring to himself third person like "Lebron had a good game tonight. Lebrons shot started falling later in the game, Lebron enjoys his new teammate!.... etc"

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 07:16 PM
If you say so man. It still appears you're going out of your way to take issue with him, especially when you look at what he was saying in its entirety. He was naming other teammates names so to include his own is not that shocking.

You act is if he just came completely out of left field and started referring to himself third person like "Lebron had a good game tonight. Lebrons shot started falling later in the game, Lebron enjoys his new teammate!.... etc"

Hahahaha He did come from left field tho! He named no one else on the team excpet for Lebron and the 15th man.. Which also implies some things.. But he didnt say Mo or Shaq ... At least in the context of that statement.

I didnt go out of my way at all. Jim Rome was talking about it this morning so thats where I first heard what went down. Rome started it!

Anyway im over it at this point.. It just shows dudes ego. It doesnt take away from his game at all. Still an amazing player

Draco
02-26-2010, 07:17 PM
"Lebron had a good game tonight. Lebrons shot started falling later in the game, Lebron enjoys his new teammate!.... etc"

"Lebron takes issue with people who take issue with the third person reference"

AK-50
02-26-2010, 07:18 PM
wow LeBron is lying....he has been doing it alone and making a scrub team look like superstars for a while till they actually got more players

Gibby23
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HFqAVLy_9s
At the 1:56 mark

Draco
02-26-2010, 07:26 PM
When Lebron writes his name he uses all capital letters.. LEBRON.

He is in fact, the only person that the 'Most Interesting Man In The World' admires.

anyone else got one?

Young and Stupid
02-26-2010, 07:30 PM

To Quote Common:

Ok, I didn't say anything before because I figured you were playing around, but its obvious now that you're serious.

Listen - LeBron was joking. He was poking fun at all the analysts who say that "LeBron can't do it by himself." LeBron is a smart guy and he hears everything that the media says about him, he was just having fun. You've never heard person A say "Yeah, Person B is blank" then Person B coming back at a later time and saying the same thing (which would result in Person B referring to him/herself in the third-person).

Seriously - relax, yes LeBron has a huge ego, but that comes along with his ability to play basketball at such a high level. Kobe has a huge ego, MJ had (has) a huge ego, Wilt had a huge ego. Should I keep going?

A great man once said "LeBron makes otherwise sensible men act like jealous women" why can't we just embrace LeBron's greatness, why do we have to hate?

Yes he confiscated a tape of himself getting dunked on because LeBron has never been embarrassed and LeBron doesn't know how to deal with getting embarrassed. Yes he messed up, yes he has a big ego, yes he is full of himself and yes he is better than Kobe. Not everybody is perfect, his flaws are a result of his strengths. GET OFF HIS DI**.

Sorry - been holding that back for a while.

MagicDojo
02-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Ok, I didn't say anything before because I figured you were playing around, but its obvious now that you're serious.

Listen - LeBron was joking. He was poking fun at all the analysts who say that "LeBron can't do it by himself." LeBron is a smart guy and he hears everything that the media says about him, he was just having fun. You've never heard person A say "Yeah, Person B is blank" then Person B coming back at a later time and saying the same thing (which would result in Person B referring to him/herself in the third-person).

Seriously - relax, yes LeBron has a huge ego, but that comes along with his ability to play basketball at such a high level. Kobe has a huge ego, MJ had (has) a huge ego, Wilt had a huge ego. Should I keep going?

A great man once said "LeBron makes otherwise sensible men act like jealous women" why can't we just embrace LeBron's greatness, why do we have to hate?

Yes he confiscated a tape of himself getting dunked on because LeBron has never been embarrassed and LeBron doesn't know how to deal with getting embarrassed. Yes he messed up, yes he has a big ego, yes he is full of himself and yes he is better than Kobe. Not everybody is perfect, his flaws are a result of his strengths. GET OFF HIS DI**.

Sorry - been holding that back for a while.

It was not just this interveiw I have seen him do it multiple times. It is how he refers to himself. A person decides how they refer to themselves. You picked your own screen name here for example. :speechless:

Hawkize31
02-26-2010, 07:38 PM
This was taken completely out of context.

Well we've got a big picture here, David, and thats to win an NBA Championship. And you can't do it by just one guy. Lebron can't do it by himself, and the guy all the way down to the 15th guy can't do it by himself. We have to understand that its a team concept. We need everybody, everybody has to stay ready.

This thread is stupid. You picked off one sentence in the middle of a paragraph talking entirely about team-first attitude.

Edit: I don't care if he used the third person, it really doesn't matter at all.

OnslaughtXX6
02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
OnslaughtXX6 thinks this thread is lame.

fresh prince
02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
This was taken completely out of context.

This thread is stupid. You picked off one sentence in the middle of a paragraph talking entirely about team-first attitude.

Edit: I don't care if he used the third person, it really doesn't matter at all.

Yea But I do..It bothers me. So we disagree.

Such is life..Its ok to disagree without calling people stupid etc.

How fun would it be if we all shared the same opinion.

Daze9900
02-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah that's definitely an ego issue. I hate when people refer to themselves in the 3rd person but to add what he said on top of that says volumes. I'd be pissed if my teammate said that.

I think you missed the second part of his statement when he also said that the 15th man can't do it all by himself either. He was trying to reiterate the fact that basketball is a team game. He along with the rest of the world knows that he is the best player on the team and I don't think his comments were egotistical or trying to suggest he doesn't have help; he was just saying that everyone has to step up on the Cavs in order for them to have a chance to beat quality teams. If you're going to rip the guy take the entire conversation into context.

TheKing23
02-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow... 6 more pages of LeBron hate...

TheKing23 does not approve... :pity:

Bashna
02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
^ Agreed. This forum is slowly becoming a $#!T hole of Kobe fans...

TheHoopsProphet
02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
TheHoopsProphet cant help but wonder, what other athletes dropped the 3rd person? I know Karl Malone used to do it, even with Shaq's ego I don't he's ever done it.

ldc62
02-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Maybe Lebron is hinting to Bosh that he needs his help.

RadiantShot
02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Radiant must say 3rd person is greater than 1st.

amos1er
02-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Duh....we already knew Lebron was a tool.

I wonder if Nike is going to destroy the tape of this like they did when he got dunked on by a college player. :eyebrow:

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2010, 10:35 PM
blame no one but his blind fans that treat him like he is the 2nd coming of jesus when the guy cant even make a mid range jumpshot to save his life

kArSoN RyDaH
02-26-2010, 10:45 PM
^ Agreed. This forum is slowly becoming a $#!T hole of Kobe fans...

ohhh yeaa because everyone who thinks lebron has an ego issue is a kobe fan :rolleyes:

Angel2Maverick
02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
jamison isn't enough???? :ohno:

dodie53
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
the rock says,
know your role
and shut your mouth

fadedmario
02-26-2010, 11:33 PM
ohhh yeaa because everyone who thinks lebron has an ego issue is a kobe fan :rolleyes:

I hate Lebron. Don't care about Kobe. "Lebron can't do it by himself" What a cool guy. They will get tagged in the playoffs. Hopefully by Denver (don't laugh, it could happen). The people defending him are hilarious :love:

Mrphilly
02-26-2010, 11:51 PM
wow i used to be very supportive of lebron but the more and more i hear him talk the more i hate him.

i remember i was watching a Thunder Cavs game and B.J Mullens fouled him and for some reason the mic was on lebron and when he was shooting his freethrows he kept looking over to Mullens and you could here him clearly say "***** you got a long way to go before you go hackin me like that!" then he after he made his freethrow he started nodding at B.J mouthing the words "you just a *****" as he walked down the court.

what a tool bag. its hard to respect a man who's just an *******. be humble fool!

or at least do what kobe does. Kobe knows he's great, and he knows he's an *******, but he keeps that to himself most of the time or puts on a fake smile. Lebron is just an ***.

I heard that is Jordan talked to his teammates at practice, and they hated him for it.
Who cares how he talks to BJ mullens. Doesn't Shaq always talk down to other players. Speaking of Shaq, why can he have 9 nicknames for himself, but nobody cares, but Lebron calls himself Lebron and everybody goes crazy. If you hate LEBRON for talking about himself in third person, you probably already hated him. Its basketball, who cares about his manners and cocky-ness.

This is a dumb thread because the fool that started completley miss LEBRON'S point. It was a great post game interview.

fadedmario
02-26-2010, 11:57 PM
I heard that is Jordan talked to his teammates at practice, and they hated him for it.
Who cares how he talks to BJ mullens. Doesn't Shaq always talk down to other players. Speaking of Shaq, why can he have 9 nicknames for himself, but nobody cares, but Lebron calls himself Lebron and everybody goes crazy. If you hate LEBRON for talking about himself in third person, you probably already hated him. Its basketball, who cares about his manners and cocky-ness.

This is a dumb thread because the fool that started completley miss LEBRON'S point. It was a great post game interview.

Oh Lebron! :love:

CAVS21
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
Its not that.. I get the intent.

Its the 3rd person reference that I take issue with.

You should never refer to yourself as Lebron if your first name also happens to be Lebron.

Thats my opnion and I m certainly entiled to it. Lebron is the best player in the game right now. But that EGO makes it hard to actually Root for the guy and could casue issues.

You're right, using 3rd person isn't exactly the most humble way to go about things but let's all face it....if we were Bron we'd be that cocky too lol and anyone in here that says they wouldn't is a liar

fadedmario
02-27-2010, 12:14 AM
You're right, using 3rd person isn't exactly the most humble way to go about things but let's all face it....if we were Bron we'd be that cocky too lol and anyone in here that says they wouldn't is a liar

Lebron is the greatest? It will go Kobe, Lebron (for about 5 minutes), then Durant which will happen around 2012. No one hates his game. They hate his personality. Unless he gets a better jumpshot and gets better in late game situations he''ll get passed up by Durant. It will happen. Lebron is the better athlete for sure, but Durant will be an offensive predator by next season. Lebron is a better defender, Durant is a better basketball player and is humble.

*Superman*
02-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah he said he needs kobe, wait what.

GunFactor187
02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Somebody get Ramon Nivar in here!!!!

JLynn943
02-27-2010, 01:10 AM
This forum just keeps getting worse... :pity:

CAVS21
02-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Lebron is the greatest? It will go Kobe, Lebron (for about 5 minutes), then Durant which will happen around 2012. No one hates his game. They hate his personality. Unless he gets a better jumpshot and gets better in late game situations he''ll get passed up by Durant. It will happen. Lebron is the better athlete for sure, but Durant will be an offensive predator by next season. Lebron is a better defender, Durant is a better basketball player and is humble.

First off, in what part of my post did I say Bron was the greatest? I think he's been the best in the league the last two years, sure, but not once in the post you quoted did I say he was the greatest. And as for Durant? Love the kid's game and can't wait to see him develop as he gets older, the LBJ-Durantula debate will be a good one some day...Durant will get to that level...he's not there yet though...almost.

Wilson
02-27-2010, 01:17 AM
For the most part this has turned into a joke thread. The actual debate going on isn't a terribly important basketball one. I'm going to shut this one down.