PDA

View Full Version : Are the BIG 3 and Celtics done?

CowboysKB24
02-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Is the BIG 3 over? Does anyone think the Celtics will win a championship with those guys? How far do you think they will go in this year playoffs? Who can they actually beat in the playoffs?

Thoughts?

Tribe
02-26-2010, 02:12 AM
The fork is in em....Ainge had to of known that acquiring allen and garnett would only enable them to make a title run for a year or two...which payed off for sure...but its looking like its about over now...and if they keep playing glen davis who is just a terrible god awful pig of a player and the new and improved bloated rasheed wallace than they will be lucky to make it out of the 1st round.

_KB24_
02-26-2010, 02:19 AM
They can beat any team in the playoffs when healthy. Their defense is still great, they need to find execution of the offensive end. I give them the bets shot of beating the Lakers in the Finals.

abe_froman
02-26-2010, 02:28 AM
they arent done yet..but they are getting there pretty rapidly,when you watch them or just notice how they have been trending lately ,you notice the decline(kg and sheed especially)

this summer ainge should really think about blowing it up and start over by building around rondo

Sadds The Gr8
02-26-2010, 02:32 AM
At first, like 2-3 weeks ago, I thought this was an overreaction because KG just came back from injury. But now I'm starting to think the Big 3, well KG, is done. He is just a complete scrub now, and lost his intimidation, and just resorts to jumpers, also he is not a dominant defender anymore. So overall, I think it's more KG being done, than all of the big 3, because Allen is playing well lately, and Pierce has had a good season. But KG is just a complete bum now...

sugarrayray
02-26-2010, 02:36 AM
OOOO ya the big 3 is done. And I wish they weren't. But Garnett can't even be considered part of the big 3 anymore, because he's simply an average player on both ends of the floor. Also, Rondo's huge ego has ruined that team.
When Ray Allen is hot they don't even continue to go to him. Pitiful coaching.

sugarrayray
02-26-2010, 02:38 AM
The fork is in em....Ainge had to of known that acquiring allen and garnett would only enable them to make a title run for a year or two...which payed off for sure...but its looking like its about over now...and if they keep playing glen davis who is just a terrible god awful pig of a player and the new and improved bloated rasheed wallace than they will be lucky to make it out of the 1st round.

Ya your right about that PIG of a player Davis. And Wallace should be waived tomorrow. Wow. What a bad signing.

OaklandsFinest
02-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Wallace is still great on the block if they can get him to stay there. KG is still a good pick and pop player from about 15 and paul pierce is still as good as they come. I would like to see Allen and KG play a lil two man game like webber and bibby used to do in sac. No offensive scheme is their downfall

GoatMilk
02-26-2010, 03:17 AM
there is a reason why Ainge was in the hot seat. He's not a good GM

Sure, he got Allen and Garnett. Title.
But at what cost?
he really lucked out with those trades, especially KG

they sold their souls for a title, and are headed into Miami Heat mode

heathonater
02-26-2010, 05:12 AM
i think they are done. the team aged rapidly in the last year and a half and the down turn really began last year with the garnett injury. he hasnt come back to his expected level of play since then and pierce as well as allen just aren't as good as they used to be. i highly doubt they have another title run with these group of players. if they could get some talented young players for one or two of their big three, they should do it.

ElMarroAfamado
02-26-2010, 05:13 AM
they are pretty done....one title is ok though...
they might beat the crappier teams in the playoffs but any team with talent will easily beat them...i say they have their "toughness" going for them though so who knows....

VladTheImpaler
02-26-2010, 06:14 AM

But at what cost?

:facepalm:

If they wouldn't have won, you'd have a point, but they did. Sold their souls or not, they accomplished what they set out to do, and went from one of the worst teams in the league to the best in a year. As a Mavs fan, I'd be perfectly okay with the Mavs being the laughingstock of the league for the next 5 years if it was the cost of winning this year, and probably longer than that. When you win, any price is well worth it. How you can suggest otherwise is beyond me.

Ray_R
02-26-2010, 07:42 AM
They are done finish, FIN. Theyshould take this offseason to rebuild around RondoI was always sceptic of him but He has proven me wrong. ATleast they got someone to rebuild around.

magichatnumber9
02-26-2010, 07:48 AM
It has gotten to the point that every one sees Lebron James for what he truly is and now nobody wants him to get a ring.

uws
02-26-2010, 08:46 AM
They big 3 are over, Allen=done KG=done Pierce=1-2 years (maybe)

they wont win again with that core, but if they get smart and start building right now they have the potential to be a late round playoff team in 2-3 years, but not trading allen this year might mean that ship has already sailed because no one will take these old guys on except in a trade deadline deal to strengthen their roster for a few months

Evolution23
02-26-2010, 08:59 AM
time is ticking, they need to stay healthy. on the positive side they got Rondo.

JordansBulls
02-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Is the BIG 3 over? Does anyone think the Celtics will win a championship with those guys? How far do you think they will go in this year playoffs? Who can they actually beat in the playoffs?

Thoughts?

Pierce didn't play yesterday and he is the main guy who will defend Lebron.

CELTICS4LYFE
02-26-2010, 09:39 AM
They just needed to get their ***** together....big time.

CELTICS4LYFE
02-26-2010, 09:40 AM

This too

Also I went to the game last night, it's surprising the stuff Lebron get's away with....

Ray_R
02-26-2010, 10:04 AM
It has gotten to the point that every one sees Lebron James for what he truly is and now nobody wants him to get a ring.

:confused:

prodigy
02-26-2010, 10:07 AM
They are just too old. Garnett and Pierce cannot heal like they use to.

3RDASYSTEM
02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
ALLEN done? 22ppg 65fg pct 45pct 3pt during this nice little stretch, and PIERCE aint done either, wasnt he just at another ASG? KG injury takes 2yrs to recover, plus they lost without they best player(PIERCE)..he came back way too quick...BOS was good enough to play over half of yr with him still resting/getting treatment, his injury was pretty bad....but i noticed its becoming harder for veteran squads to hold leads nowadays....

akay47
02-26-2010, 10:28 AM
they're too old man, I've been saying it since the beginning of the year, always injured

drobe86
02-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Simmer down people, Uncle Paul didn't even play. I'm no Celtics fan but any team with Garnett, Allen, and Pierce has a chance no matter how old they are.

ragee
02-26-2010, 10:37 AM
They should do what the Spurs are doing... Rest their star players so they'd be healthy in the playoffs...

jsumadchat
02-26-2010, 10:40 AM

are you in the wrong thread?

anyways, yeah i think the big 3 is done after this season. plus their bench is TERRIBLE. but dont get me wrong, come playoff time, i would bet my money on the celtics going to the ECF. and if they make it to the finals i would say they pose the biggest threat to the lakers out of all the eastern squads.

mikantsass
02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Do we really need a thread like this every time they lose?

mikantsass
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM

Good point JB, but that is not the reason they lost. Their offense was HORRIBLE in the 2nd half. Nate is still adjusting to the team. 'Quis was covering lebron while sick with the flu. Cavs were great on the offensive glass. Mo Williams got hot in the 4th quarter. It was a mix of everything...

Jaji
02-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Big 3? LOL! The Celts are done. And by that I mean they are no longer title contenders. Cleveland, Orlando, and Atlanta are all clearly better than them. They have no shot at the finals.

RadiantShot
02-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I think even healthy, they've run out of the spark. They've played together too long. Even healthy, I don't think they can beat Orlando, LA, or Cleveland in a 7-game Series. Just the way I look at it.

JerzeyFresh
02-26-2010, 10:59 AM
They would be better now and in the future if they would have never made those trades

Shammyguy3
02-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Right on the money......back to the C's

They are done. They will beat these teams in the first round:
Raptors, Bulls, Bobcats, Heat, Bucks

But if they drop further than the 4th/5th seed, which is unlikely but lets just say they do:
I dont they can't beat the Cav's, Magic, or Hawks in a 7 game series.

Its time for the Celtics to look at the future past this year. They have a great PG, although i hate to admit it cuz i'm a Bulls fan. They have a very good defensive-minded/rebounding center in Perkins. Paul Pierce can still have a good 2 years left in him.

But, for right now, they are done in my book.

masalex1205
02-26-2010, 11:16 AM
I think they could be a contender if they are able to be healthy during playoff time. However, it's not going ot happen and they have no shot after this year, its over.

Shmontaine
02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
when the trade happened, most people agreed they had a two year window to contend.. well, kg is injured and he's the heart and soul of the defense... window closed...

JordansBulls
02-26-2010, 11:54 AM
The Celtics big 3 will be like the 1995 Rockets. Fly under the radar in the season and then in the playoffs dominate teams they shouldn't have.

td0tsfinest
02-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I think their window is at the brink of closing. They got a little light to maybe make something out of it but I think after this year, their window will close.

DLeeicious
02-26-2010, 12:00 PM
They are definitely on the decline and past the point where they can win a title unless all the stars align for them injury wise. Blow up the team and start over.

redsox0717
02-26-2010, 12:17 PM
The hate on the Celtics is really getting old, they have been battling through injuries and still have the 6th best record in the NBA and a commanding lead in the division still. People just want to write off the Celtics, to make them feel better about their own team I guess...but if they get healthy, they will surprise a lot of people in the playoffs.

G-Funk
02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Like A lot of PPL said on here "1 and Done"

see ya in 20 years!

Kakaroach
02-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Their not done, they just need to get healthy. I still think a fully healthy Celtics team can challenge and beat anyone in a 7 game series. Key word is healthy though.

Shmontaine
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM
same with houston.. if tmac and yao could ever stay healthy... if if if... houston never did get healthy... stop living in the past... reality is the c's are injured, who cares how good they are when healthy if the probability of them getting healthy is so slim... this celtics team will never be 100% healthy this season... so yeah, when they're healthy they're good enough to contend... but who cares, they aren't...

eugene
02-26-2010, 12:38 PM
The only thing I don't understand is what happened to KG and Pierce. Seems like they lost their chemistry. It's not over for them yet. Pierce totally lost form, his shooting pct is absolutely down. And KG is not so aggressive as he was previously... I truly believe that he has something left in his tank. Rondo is not so impressive as well. Celtics if healthy, 100% contenders...

redsox0717
02-26-2010, 12:38 PM
same with houston.. if tmac and yao could ever stay healthy... if if if... houston never did get healthy... stop living in the past... reality is the c's are injured, who cares how good they are when healthy if the probability of them getting healthy is so slim... this celtics team will never be 100% healthy this season... so yeah, when they're healthy they're good enough to contend... but who cares, they aren't...

Oh are you a doctor or something, please enlighten us with your extensive knowledge on injuries.

Shmontaine
02-26-2010, 12:57 PM
whatever man.. live in a dream world of two years ago if u like.. u act like u can just ignore the fact that kg's been injured for over a year... oh yeah, he'll get healthy in a month while playing... Pierce may get healthy, but it's at best going to be a repeat of last year, even with a 60% kg...

Tribe
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Have to agree on KG...he is a shell of what he used to be...Time caught up with him quick as he!!...Pierce can still perform at high level and same with Allen when he is hot...Rondo is decent but didnt realize his shot was so horrible...but is a great passer and can get to the rim at will...With no real threat in the middle they will never get past magic or cavs...and the hawks can run them out of the gym

torontosports10
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
My god, they lost to the best team in the NBA, They got this years and one more to be very competitive, then I think they are done for sure. And they go into not Miami Heat mode, but New Yok Knicks mode :D (I wish(

Corey
02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
They have another run left in them. They need to get healthy.

Gibby23
02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Done. KG is just an average player now.

uws
02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
KG is a far below average player now. Allen is old and I hope he walks away after this year because I hate seeing great players look like fools on the floor

rondo and an also aging pierce are not nearly good enough as a combo to make anything that would even resemble a run

this year is their best shot to do anything and I dont see them getting past 5 games in the 2nd round

mlisica19
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
When there healthy there a great team. A great set up, and with Rajon Rondo their is no big 3 anymore. Its more like a firghtful four. Cavs defense are weakening, but their acquiring Ilgauskus back so they should be back in shape. Orlando is strong and so is Atl but I still think Boston is better than ATL and will have to really prove beating Orl

Raph12
02-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I think this will be the season for them to do it, otherwise they may just be finished.

Melo15
02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Don't count them out just yet, when healthy they have shown they can be a very good team. In a best of 7 series anything can happen and they have the talent and defense to make a strong showing.

White Magic
02-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Absolutely finished,ain,t winning ship this year or in near future.K.G is a scrub now and after this year you have him for 2 more years with that ridiculous contract.Doesn,t intimidate anyone anymore,in fact role players now relish going against him,also Pierce slowing down,ain,t the same player and thats the TRUTH?

KnicksorBust
02-26-2010, 04:04 PM

But at what cost?

You think if he kept Al Jefferson and Ryan Gomes and drafted Corey Brewer they'd have been happier? Be serious.

:facepalm:

If they wouldn't have won, you'd have a point, but they did. Sold their souls or not, they accomplished what they set out to do, and went from one of the worst teams in the league to the best in a year. As a Mavs fan, I'd be perfectly okay with the Mavs being the laughingstock of the league for the next 5 years if it was the cost of winning this year, and probably longer than that. When you win, any price is well worth it. How you can suggest otherwise is beyond me.

x2

They have another run left in them. They need to get healthy.

I actually agree with this... as long as they don't have to play the Hawks. :laugh:

mikey03
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
KG is a far below average player now. Allen is old and I hope he walks away after this year because I hate seeing great players look like fools on the floor

rondo and an also aging pierce are not nearly good enough as a combo to make anything that would even resemble a run

this year is their best shot to do anything and I dont see them getting past 5 games in the 2nd round

i honestly could tell you had nothing even resembling basketball knowledge after reading those first two sentences. Look at ray allens last 5 games.PLEASE. How many celtic games have you watched this year? Ray allen is still an elite shooter, who can get hot on any given night. And to call kg a "far below average player now" is just idiotic. Obviously hes not what he once was but hes still slightly above average. Based alone on the fact that he can still stroke it from mid-range and is one of the best communicating players(defensively) we have in the league. And then you compound your genius statement by insulting rondo and pierce. :clap::clap::clap:
:mad:

magichatnumber9
02-26-2010, 04:42 PM
are you in the wrong thread?

anyways, yeah i think the big 3 is done after this season. plus their bench is TERRIBLE. but dont get me wrong, come playoff time, i would bet my money on the celtics going to the ECF. and if they make it to the finals i would say they pose the biggest threat to the lakers out of all the eastern squads.Holy **** I was in the wrong thread. Good catch. I just don't understand why I have to see these kind of threads every time the Celtics lose. Are you purposely taunting us Celtics fans? I don't think that's very nice of you. I don't go making threads after SanAntonio loses. Unbelievable

Jaji
02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
2 years ago, the Celtics were built to win now. :clap:

Now, they are built to win 2 years ago. :pity: