PDA

View Full Version : Fran Blinebury Thinks New York/Miami Can Get the Top Three 2010 FAs

mrblisterdundee
02-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Apparently anybody with blogging capabilities can create any random, nonsensical thread thread they want on NBA.com. We should get the league to sign on JordansBulls as a writer.
This time, it's Fran Blinebury hyping the possibility of New York or Miami securing Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, and Dwayne Wade (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/fran_blinebury/02/25/knicks/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1). Don't get me wrong; I'd be forced to stop watching basketball for the next five to seven years. There wouldn't be any point. The outcome would be as predictable as professional wrestling: complete dominance of the A-list team.
This article, however, is a joke. Apparently because they were on an Olympic team, they just have to want to play together. I'm sure LeBron would want to leave Cleveland, since they keep investing in a team centered around him, which happens to be the best in the NBA.
I could see Bosh and Wade getting together, but only two players of that caliber. A team needs depth, and the luxury cap is only lowering. It would have $65 million to spend on the rest of the team. If anybody gets injured, they're done for.

BlondeBomber41
02-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Who gives a **** what Fran Blinebury thinks? I certainly don't.

Kakaroach
02-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Yeah he doesn't know what he is talking about. All 3 would have to take severe pay-cuts to play on one team. I mean it might happen, but the likelihood of 3 top-tier free agents leaving their team? Not likely, especially for a gigantic pay-cut.

29$JerZ
02-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Every Knicks and Heats wet dream but nothing more

JOSKOMANG4
02-26-2010, 01:29 AM
When it all comes down to it!!

Lebron- Resigns with Cavs but a 3yr contract only!!!

Wade- Mark my world HE WILL BE A CHICAGO BULL!!

Bosh- I would say Bosh would Follow wade to Chicago but obviously they have no "wiggle" room for both. I honestly see Bosh resigning with the Raptors, or, the sleeper, signing with the Nets(if they get a new HC).

A'Mare- will go the Knicks. I also see the Knicks working a sign & trade to get Kirk Hinrich from the Bulls.

Joe Johnson- If Tmac resigns for less with the Knicks.. Joe Johnson mite either resign with ATL or if offered a max contract, he'll go to Miami.

Draco
02-26-2010, 01:33 AM
$66 mil? Psst Fran...

47. Are raises compounded? In other words, is each raise a percentage of the previous year's salary?

No. For a normal contract, the raise is limited to a percentage of the first year salary. So if a team signs another team's free agent (8% maximum raises) to a five year contract starting at $10 million, the maximum raise is $800,000 each year. This player's five-year salary would be:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q47

Draco
02-26-2010, 01:36 AM
And isn't it all about the rings more than the other things? And didn't Michael Jordan play for way under his market value, until those last two years in Chicago, in order to let the Bulls assemble the complementary parts around him?

Jordan played for the love of the game.. after he signed deal he never thought twice about the value after it was done. The league was a different place back in the day. There's an interview about this floating somewhere on the net. Would be nice if Fran did his research for the articles he gets paid to write.

NYK_kidd77
02-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Theres gonna be more articles like this no need for people to get worked up.

Draco
02-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Theres gonna be more articles like this no need for people to get worked up.

I know.. but does each one of them that gets highlighted in a thread have to be garbage?

OnslaughtXX6
02-26-2010, 01:40 AM
When it all comes down to it!!

Lebron- Resigns with Cavs but a 3yr contract only!!!

Wade- Mark my world HE WILL BE A CHICAGO BULL!!

Bosh- I would say Bosh would Follow wade to Chicago but obviously they have no "wiggle" room for both. I honestly see Bosh resigning with the Raptors, or, the sleeper, signing with the Nets(if they get a new HC).

A'Mare- will go the Knicks. I also see the Knicks working a sign & trade to get Kirk Hinrich from the Bulls.

Joe Johnson- If Tmac resigns for less with the Knicks.. Joe Johnson mite either resign with ATL or if offered a max contract, he'll go to Miami.

No.

NYK_kidd77
02-26-2010, 01:42 AM
I know.. but does each one of them that gets highlighted in a thread have to be garbage?

No it actually is interesting the first couple of times you hear it but it is just gonna get repetitive after awhile.

Draco
02-26-2010, 01:44 AM
No it actually is interesting the first couple of times you hear it but it is just gonna get repetitive after awhile.

I would have found it slightly more interesting if there weren't two factual errors.

Bulls_fan90
02-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Who gives a **** what Fran Blinebury thinks? I certainly don't.

This ^

29$JerZ
02-26-2010, 01:51 AM
2010 is the equivalent of domestic violence, too much beating and no one wins