PDA

View Full Version : Strongest Player At Each Position

Swashcuff
02-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Who do you guys got as the STRONGEST player at his respective position in the NBA.

Here's mine!

C- Shaq (No brainer after all he's superman lol)
PF- DeJuan Blair
SF- LeBron James
SG- Andre Igoudala
PG-Baron Davis

Note this is my list please don't bash unless you are backing up your point by making your own.

Who do you guys got?

flea
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Are you kidding with Baron Davis? Half the time he's the fattest guy on the court. I'd go with Russell Westbrook probably, and Dwyane Wade at SG. The rest sounds good.

HouRealCoach
02-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Shaq
Davis
Lebron
Iggy
Billups

flea
02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh Christ you put Shaq, I thought it was Howard. I mean is the question simply "biggest" or do you really mean strongest? Because if you mean strongest then Dwight Howard is the strongest in the entire NBA probably. Shaq is nothing but a 7 foot fat guy with good basketball skills but little endurance now.

AWC713
02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
strongest point gaurd may be earl boykins.

he can outbench anyone on his team at 315 pounds. and he only weighs 139.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/11/earl_boykins_bench_presses_mor.html

ManRam
02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Are you kidding with Baron Davis? Half the time he's the fattest guy on the court. I'd go with Russell Westbrook probably, and Dwyane Wade at SG. The rest sounds good.

Baron isn't fat...he's big and strong. I think he's the strongest PG in the league too. I remember an interview with Chris Paul, asking who was the hardest player for him to defend, and he said Davis, because he was the strongest player he ever goes again. I think that's a general consensus.

PG: Davis
SG: Iggy I guess
SF: LeBron
PF: Craig Smith
C: Dwight

Shout outs to Shaq, Ben Wallace, Bass and Bynum.

Blindmolerat
02-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Shaq
Blair
Lebron
Wade
Tyreke Evans

disgruntledbull
02-25-2010, 11:05 PM
howard
josh smith
LBJ
wade
rose

sargon21
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
is tyreke really a pg? seems more like a sg??

AirCanada15ORL
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
PG- Deron Williams/ J Kidd/ Rose (small but so strong)
SG- Stephen Jackson/ Wade/ Carter
SF- James/ Iggy/ G Wallace/ Turk (he's soft but still 6'10 and buff)
PF- Amare/ Blaire/ Birdman
C- Shaq/ Howard/ Lopez

my opinion

AirCanada15ORL
02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Actually take out everything I put and I'm going with BRANDON BASS.

DenButsu
02-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Not sure if he's the strong*est* PF or not, but K-Mart's pretty damn strong.

Also, I think Ty Lawson is probably in the running for "strongest player under 6 feet". :cool:

thescore53
02-25-2010, 11:10 PM
craig smith is deezed man have to put him in

thescore53
02-25-2010, 11:10 PM
chris bosh

Swashcuff
02-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Oh Christ you put Shaq, I thought it was Howard. I mean is the question simply "biggest" or do you really mean strongest? Because if you mean strongest then Dwight Howard is the strongest in the entire NBA probably. Shaq is nothing but a 7 foot fat guy with good basketball skills but little endurance now.

Apparently i should have put the part about don't bash me make your own list and defend it in a bigger caption and bold. IT IS MY OPINION! Whats yours?

Swashcuff
02-25-2010, 11:13 PM
strongest point gaurd may be earl boykins.

he can outbench anyone on his team at 315 pounds. and he only weighs 139.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/11/earl_boykins_bench_presses_mor.html

Yeah i remember this. I wonder if he can lift Shaq off the ground???

DenButsu
02-25-2010, 11:13 PM
PG- Deron Williams/ J Kidd/ Rose (small but so strong)
SG- Stephen Jackson/ Wade/ Carter
SF- James/ Iggy/ G Wallace/ Turk (he's soft but still 6'10 and buff)
PF- Amare/ Blaire/ Birdman
C- Shaq/ Howard/ Lopez

my opinion

:speechless: No way Iggy or Turk is stronger than Melo. Turk's closer. He's big, but I've seen him and Melo face off plenty of times, and I'd say it's a pretty even matchup when they're battling for position, but Melo still consistently is able to make strong moves to the hoop. But Iggy? Not even close.

DenButsu
02-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah i remember this. I wonder if he can lift Shaq off the ground???

He said 315, not 515.

GoatMilk
02-25-2010, 11:14 PM
is tyreke really a pg? seems more like a sg??

hybrid

like Wade, Joe Johnson, BRoy, LeBron, etc

TheKing23
02-25-2010, 11:16 PM
PG: Deron Williams/Billups
SG: Iguodala/Wade
SF: LeBron/Artest (how has nobody mentioned him yet?!)
PF: Amar'e/Blair
C: Shaq/Dwight Howard

ManRam
02-25-2010, 11:16 PM
hybrid

like Wade, Joe Johnson, BRoy, LeBron, etc

None of those guys are PGs. Hybrid or not. Tyreke actually starts at PG, and has for most the season.

DenButsu
02-25-2010, 11:19 PM
SF: LeBron/Artest (how has nobody mentioned him yet?!)

Good point.

Swashcuff
02-25-2010, 11:22 PM
He said 315, not 515.

:D oops my bad!

Reyes6
02-25-2010, 11:30 PM
PG- Baron Davis
SG- Dwyane Wade
SF- LeBron James
PF- Emeka Okafor
C- Dwight Howard

(Assuming no back-ups, if so put in Craig Smith for Okafor and Boykins for B-Diddy)

heyman321
02-25-2010, 11:31 PM

that's weird cause Shaq outmuscled him in their last game.

flea
02-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Baron isn't fat...he's big and strong. I think he's the strongest PG in the league too. I remember an interview with Chris Paul, asking who was the hardest player for him to defend, and he said Davis, because he was the strongest player he ever goes again. I think that's a general consensus.
I said he's fat half the time, and he is. He's notorious for showing up to camp fat and being out of shape in non-contract years. I think you, like the OP, are confusing "biggest" at their position for "strongest". He certainly has a big build, and is strong about half the time.

that's weird cause Shaq outmuscled him in their last game.

That's weird because the Magic won the game, Howard had a better game with more minutes, and none of this even matters because it was one game. One look at each of the guys and you can tell Howard is stronger while Shaq is bigger. Howard is basically one giant throbbing muscle.

Swashcuff
02-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I said he's fat half the time, and he is. He's notorious for showing up to camp fat and being out of shape in non-contract years. I think you, like the OP, are confusing "biggest" at their position for "strongest". He certainly has a big build, and is strong about half the time.

That's weird because the Magic won the game, Howard had a better game with more minutes, and none of this even matters because it was one game. One look at each of the guys and you can tell Howard is stronger while Shaq is bigger. Howard is basically one giant throbbing muscle.

Apparently you are the only one who is not understanding. It is meant in during the course of the game. You laughed at Shaq and Baron being the strong but listen to the testaments of anyone who has to guard them and hear what they say about it. How its a physical ordeal every time. You are being ignorant!

Storch
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM
C - Shaq
PG - Fisher

Those are the only two I know for sure.

Raph12
02-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Dwight
J-Smoove
Lebron
Wade
Evans

flea
02-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Apparently you are the only one who is not understanding. It is meant in during the course of the game. You laughed at Shaq and Baron being the strong but listen to the testaments of anyone who has to guard them and hear what they say about it. How its a physical ordeal every time. You are being ignorant!
Apparently you are the one not understanding. I didn't say they weren't strong, just that they aren't the strongest. Their strength comes from how big they are, that's why they're hard to guard. You can be small and strong.

Swashcuff
02-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Apparently you are the one not understanding. I didn't say they weren't strong, just that they aren't the strongest. Their strength comes from how big they are, that's why they're hard to guard. You can be small and strong.

well stop bashing my opinion and make your own team and back it up. From what i have seen and heard i made my choices based on that. I have seen OLD Shaq command respect from defenders even more than Dwight.

RaptorizedKevin
02-26-2010, 12:03 AM
fisher
wade
lebron james, ron artest, andre igoudala
kevin garnett
shaq, dwight howard, kendrick perkins.

_KB24_
02-26-2010, 12:16 AM
PG: Robinson (The guy is incredibly strong considering his height)
SG: Kobe
SF: Artest
PF: Smith
C: Shaq (The slightest, slightest advantage over Dwight)

MR.TRIPDUB
02-26-2010, 12:27 AM
offensively:
baron
wade
melo or lebron
amare
dwight

defensively
kidd (he can guard 2s and 3s)
iggy
artest
td
dwight

pound for pound: earl boykins

Kakaroach
02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
I think D. Will should get some recognition, he is a really strong PG. :shrug:

_KB24_
02-26-2010, 12:32 AM
I think D. Will should get some recognition, he is a really strong PG. :shrug:

Yeah man, I had him on my original post but I changed it for some reason. Robinson is just a freak of nature, but Deron can easily be on anyone's list.

alexander_37
02-26-2010, 01:22 AM
Howard
Craig Smith
Lebron/Artest
I looked around for someone else but Wade's pretty solid at 6-4 220 and ripped
I say Kyle Lowry on pure toughness but B-Diddy seems like another option as well.

alexander_37
02-26-2010, 01:24 AM
PG: Robinson (The guy is incredibly strong considering his height) It says strongest not strongest considering height
SG: Kobe ROFL i could snap Kobe let alone many NBA SG's
SF: Artest
PF: Smith Will????
C: Shaq (The slightest, slightest advantage over Dwight)

I made a few edit's :p

29$JerZ
02-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Earl Boykins - Bench Press
Iggy?
LeBron James
No clue
Dwight Howard

_KB24_
02-26-2010, 01:34 AM
I made a few edit's :p

PG- So, it still does not mean he isn't one of the strongest
SG- I'm sure you can :rolleyes:
SF- Glad you agree
PF: Josh Smith :eyebrow:
C: It can easily be Dwight.

heyman321
02-26-2010, 01:40 AM

What does winning the game have to do with it? You can't expect a 38 year old to be the winning factor in a game. Anyways, the time Shaq was on the floor with Dwight, he outscored him and Howard scored the least in those minutes. Tell me that's not outmuscling him.

News flash buddy: Shaq is a bigger throbbing piece of muscle than Howard, I don't why people have this perception that Shaq is fat. He's not. Google pictures of him with his shirt off.

_KB24_
02-26-2010, 01:47 AM
What does winning the game have to do with it? You can't expect a 38 year old to be the winning factor in a game. Anyways, the time Shaq was on the floor with Dwight, he outscored him and Howard scored the least in those minutes. Tell me that's not outmuscling him.

News flash buddy: Shaq is a bigger throbbing piece of muscle than Howard, I don't why people have this perception that Shaq is fat. He's not. Google pictures of him with his shirt off.

lol, we don't need to go that far.

Shaq is bigger than Dwight, but Dwight is certainly is more in tone and shape than Shaq ever was in his career. Shaq, however, is the the stronger dude even today.

Raph12
02-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Kobe: Strongest guy I've ever played with... I mean, that guy is, he's just really, really strong...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmYKrZtwW4

So Kobe played with Shaq but still says Dwight's the strongest guy he's ever played with, soooo... I'll say Dwight over Shaq.

RapOZo
02-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Strength? right? then im sorry but Artest's body seems tougher THAN more athletic Lebron's body.
lebron is faster, more explosive, but artest, artest is bralic

TheKing23
02-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Kobe: Strongest guy I've ever played with... I mean, that guy is, he's just really, really strong...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szmYKrZtwW4

So Kobe played with Shaq but still says Dwight's the strongest guy he's ever played with, soooo... I'll say Dwight over Shaq.

And Kobe's word is final... :rolleyes:

Shaq is still the strongest guy in the league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p_gSOOqM8o

Big Quett
02-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Joey Graham------26 on the bench press at the pre draft camp.
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2005&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=12

And Blake actually did more reps then Blair did.
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2009&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=12

And Shelden Williams
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2006&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=12

sp1derm00
02-26-2010, 04:16 AM
At PF, I think the strongest player, in terms of strength, not how hard he finished, but just purely on how strong he is.... Kwame Brown. Dude is STRONG.

Sadds The Gr8
02-26-2010, 04:18 AM
PG - Boykins
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Durant
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Big Z

ldc62
02-26-2010, 04:50 AM
Ben Wallace should still be mentioned (honorable mention). His guns are huge!

heathonater
02-26-2010, 05:17 AM
c- dwight howard
sf- lebron james

those are the only two guys that i can say for sure are the strongest at their positions. shaq isn't at dwight's strength anymore, but back when he played in orlando he was a freak.

J-Relo
02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Boykins is stronger than Dwight Howard

Swashcuff
02-26-2010, 09:13 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2005&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=12

And Blake actually did more reps then Blair did.
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2009&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=12

And Shelden Williams
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/?page=&year=2006&sort2=DESC&draft=0&pos=0&sort=12

Good post! :clap:

Ezekial
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
howard
josh smith
LBJ
wade
rose

Ya Derrick Rose is real strong..... I'm a Bulls fan too but that doesn't mean I choose D-rose for every list, on some he doesn't belong... LIKE THIS ONE. He is most definitely not the strongest PG in the league as simple as that.

uws
02-26-2010, 09:19 AM
on a side note, pound for pound as a pg you have to put nate robinson in the picture, he's tiny and he has to make up for it in strength, i cant imagine how much he benches for a 5'9 guy

DenButsu
02-26-2010, 09:41 AM

I had actually considered bringing up Joey, but I kind of thought he was too inconsequential a player to mention. :rolleyes:

footballer2369
02-26-2010, 03:54 PM
None of those guys are PGs. Hybrid or not. Tyreke actually starts at PG, and has for most the season.

Guess what? Wade, JJ and Lebron have all started at PG...Wade played PG his whole rookie year.

td0tsfinest
02-26-2010, 04:27 PM

shaq's pretty strong my man. He out muscled dwight last week and threw it down on the young fella.

DLeeicious
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
:speechless: No way Iggy or Turk is stronger than Melo. Turk's closer. He's big, but I've seen him and Melo face off plenty of times, and I'd say it's a pretty even matchup when they're battling for position, but Melo still consistently is able to make strong moves to the hoop. But Iggy? Not even close.

Yeah I would definitely have to say every player on the nuggets is the strongest in the league at their respective position :cool:

td0tsfinest
02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
PG - Boykins
SG - Kevin Martin
SF - Durant
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Big Z

you think you can bench more that Boykins ?

Raph12
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
you think you can bench more that Boykins ?

I know I could, my max bench is 365lbs...

CLMCII
02-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeppers!

Bashna
02-26-2010, 08:49 PM
PG: Tyreke (He's just so bulky, not many Pg's look like him anymore)
SG: Iggy or Wade
SF: Lebron
PF: Amare or Randolph
C: Howard

GatorKid117
02-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Any list w/o Craig Smith is not right. Just look at the guy: http://www.shamasportsheadliners.com/images/Craig%20Smith.jpg
He looks by far the stronger PF.

Also no Maggette? http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/efe215b10a_cs07032008.jpg

No Joey Graham? http://img2.imageshack.us/i/graham.jpg/

PG--Baron Davis
SG-Maggette
SF--Graham
PF--Craig Smith
C--Perkins.

I really think Center is the only one debatable. Perkins, Howard or Shaq.

JayW_1023
03-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Glen Davis outwrestled a prime Shaq when he was 15 so he has got to be in.

G-Bay New J
03-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Terrence Williams is a pretty buff SG/SF

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NxDpePvRIus/SuobNOm3KoI/AAAAAAAAAEk/6d7dqmt2E9U/s320/nets-knicks-preseason-terrence-williams-6df334c0ab055b44_large.jpg

Dpop07
03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
PG-Davis
SG-Wade
SF-Artest
PF-Craig Smith
C-Shaq diesel all day

NFLNBA
03-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Love how everyone puts Lebron at SF lol Melo is stronger but Artest is easily the strongest