PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Conley A Bust?

Bosoxfan11
02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Since coming into the league as the 4th pick in 07, his stats arent that impressive. Hes averaging 10-5 on 41% shooting and before the draft he was supposed to be the next great pg

HouRealCoach
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Just like Oden I didnt think he was THAT good... But he is plaing behind Gay, Mayo, Randolph, and Gasol

Jaji
02-25-2010, 10:54 PM
He did leave after his freshman year so he's still pretty young. I'd give him another year or two and see where he is then. But I will say he hasn't shown much promise. As Yoda would say: "A superstar, never he will be."

kozelkid
02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
No, he was just brutal pick. He had no business being the #4 pick.

Giantwarrior
02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
it took Billips about 7 years to get good.

Ragun
02-25-2010, 11:22 PM
give him time. not a bust yet. the injury in his rookie season messed him up

Mrphilly
02-25-2010, 11:45 PM
He should have never left school

He should have never got drafted that High.

Memphis should have never picked him, they already had Kyle Lowery(who is a much better player)

Conly Jr and Thabeet are misses in the draft that stopped memphis from being atleast OKC right now.

RaptorizedKevin
02-25-2010, 11:59 PM
hes playing behind some very good scorers, thats why hes not shineing. put him on the nets, watch him average much better numbers.

Bishnoff
02-26-2010, 12:02 AM
he should have never left school

he should have never got drafted that high.

Memphis should have never picked him, they already had kyle lowery(who is a much better player)

conly jr and thabeet are misses in the draft that stopped memphis from being atleast okc right now.

+1

Kakaroach
02-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Conley shouldn't have been drafted at #4, but that doesn't mean he is a horrible player. In all honesty, he is the type of PG the Grizz need with Mayo, Gay, and Randolph on their team providing offense. Throw in Gasol's improvement and of course Conley doesn't have amazing stats.

Giantwarrior
02-26-2010, 12:31 AM
who cares.

prodigy
02-26-2010, 12:34 AM
As a #4 pick he is a bust. But if he was Drafted late first, early second then he would be a good pick.

I thought he needed another year or so at Ohio state to develop a better shot and defense. But money talks.

akay47
02-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Far from a bust, he's got game

td0tsfinest
02-26-2010, 12:45 AM
10 and 5 is far from bust but truth is I'm not a huge fan of Conley. I thought he went way to high in the draft. Then again that draft IMO, wasn't that deep but there were still better PGs avaliable. I honestly thought Rodney Stuckey would have went higher then he did

kozelkid
02-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Conley shouldn't have been drafted at #4, but that doesn't mean he is a horrible player. In all honesty, he is the type of PG the Grizz need with Mayo, Gay, and Randolph on their team providing offense. Throw in Gasol's improvement and of course Conley doesn't have amazing stats.

That's very true.
However, he was definitely picked far too early. Most projected him to be mid to late lottery. I was really shocked by the pick at the time.

mzgrizz
02-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Definitely not a bust, but not exactly where I would have wanted him to be. He is improving every year, so I haven't completely given up on him. I don't see a lot of PG talent available this summer, so my guess is he'll still be our main guy. And yes, his ego isn't fractured by having Rudy,OJ ,Zach and Marc scoring ahead of him. He is getting more assists lately and I think he also needs to bulk up a little more.

Tribe
02-26-2010, 01:37 AM
No way he is a bust...As a buckeyes fan I watched all of his college games...I just think he was not physically ready for the NBA when he went in...He is a player that definately could of benefited from staying in school but seems to improve every year so he should make more of an impact in another season or 2... If Memphis can keep its players together for the long haul this will be a scary team some day

vito don tito
02-26-2010, 01:49 AM
who is Mike Conley?

blackjack_119
02-26-2010, 02:02 AM
The kid is shooting over 40% from three with a better than 2:1 assist to turnover ratio. He should be a senior in college right now. Give him a little time. PG is a very tough position to learn at the pro level. It also hurts him that Mayo is a good distributor. He has done a great job filling the role more talented players on the team need him to fill.