PDA

View Full Version : What would you rather be remembered as?

Bucsfan
02-25-2010, 02:00 PM
kind of a weird question, but lets says you were a aspring future nba player, would you rather be part of a storied franchise? (lakers) or would you wanna be a player to put a team on the map ( like a team that hasnt won a championship)

me and some co workers were discussing this, i woudl rather make the franchise what it is and me be the "pioneer" of sorts for that team rather than joining all the championship winners on the lakers or celtics for example, i can see the debate either way, who wouldnt want to be a part of nba history....

so where do you stand? would you rather make a franchise or join a franchise already in motion?

the unknown
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
i would wanna win on a team with a storied franchise maybe not the Celtics of Lakers but i think winning a championship in new york would be the sickest thing ever.. any and ever girl u want

X12Celtics3
02-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I would rather be a part of a storied dynasty than put a crap team 'on the map' for a few years before they tumble back into mediocrity.

Raph12
02-25-2010, 02:46 PM
I'd want to put a franchise on the map...

IE: I'd rather be Vince Carter in Toronto (not including the memorable exit), than Paul Pierce in Boston (not including the cheapshot title).

jojoe1188
02-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd want to put a franchise on the map...

IE: I'd rather be Vince Carter in Toronto (not including the memorable exit), than Paul Pierce in Boston (not including the cheapshot title).

care to elaborate? if your referring to the garnett deal in which we gave up a perennial future all star please refer to gasol, pau

Raph12
02-25-2010, 03:15 PM
care to elaborate? if your referring to the garnett deal in which we gave up a perennial future all star please refer to gasol, pau

That was a cheapshot as well, as is the Jamison-Big Z move that Cleveland just made.

But putting 3 HOFers together on one team, and that before they're no longer in their prime is still a cheapshot IMO.

abe_froman
02-25-2010, 03:21 PM
see i'd go the other way,its easier to be big fish in a small pond.i rather like the challenge of carving out my own nitch amongst history's greats.wanting to hold up,be part of a legacy and storied history really inspires me to live up to/try to surpass all the legends

rapjuicer06
02-25-2010, 03:35 PM
def. make the franchise. jordan did it with the bulls, and when you say chicago bulls someone else says michael jordan. when you say celtics, you say dynasty, same with lakers. you don't say kareem, magic, bird......so i'd def. love to put the franchise on top. just like wade did/is doing for the heat. they were nothing to brag about and now have a punchers chance in every game because of wade

G-Funk
02-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I would like to be a part of a rich franchise and have my name retired with the greatest of all-time.

Wilson
02-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I'd rather be with an historic franchise, for two reasons:

I love reading about the history of teams, it would be great to be so close to that.

The help you'd get. Say, for example, you're drafted by the Lakers. How helpful would it be to be around guys like Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Kobe Bryant? How much would that help you?!

Bucsfan
02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
its honeslty a hard subject to debate, i lean more towards building my own team because of stockton and malone, didnt get the title, but those 2 guys are mentioned anytime anybody talks about utah, its one of the first things people think of, how many things do you think of when you are in new york?

but at the same time i see the point of having your name up in the rafters with a Larry Bird or Magic Johnson etc

J-Relo
02-25-2010, 03:48 PM
it all depends on your abilities to perfrom in that team... you get the lights in already great team then that's better...

loveofthegame87
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I would just love to win championships. If you are a great player and win a whole lot of championships people will love and remember you anywhere you play.

BradyIsTheMan12
02-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Depends...do I win a title with the team that I put on the map?

Bucsfan
02-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Depends...do I win a title with the team that I put on the map?

yes

dtmagnet
02-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I think it would be awsome to bring a title to a fanbase that has never had one, you'd be a hero to them.

GodsSon
02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Considering being known as the best is an impossible feat since people will forever hoist MJ onto that pedestal, i'd rather be known as the shittiest player of all time :D lol

as for how I'd prefer to win...I agree with the above post