PDA

View Full Version : Mayo vs. Gay

SluggeR
02-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Mayo n Gay are two young ballers coming into their own. The Griz have benefited from their play this year, as well as z-bo n gasol. Personally I think it's either bewteen mayo and gay, when it comes down to will be the cornerstone of the franchise. Mayo is a two guard with point guard type handles. There are times where mayo forces his offensive game, rather than using his playmaking abilities. Mayo seems to have that killer instinct and a want to be great. He is not scared to take the final shot and is showing steady improvement, before it's over he could be one of the league's elite players. Gay is a freakish athlete and the game of b-ball appears to come easy to him. Gay has the length of a small forward and the skills of a two guard. He has stretches where he seems to be the best player on the court and then there ar times where you forget he's on the court. Gay has shown that he has the ability to become a close to unstoppable force in this league. The Griz have have two potential stars in the making, but proposals such as mayo&thabeet for ellis&fillers makes me wonder whether the Griz will let these two continue to grow together. My question to the Griz Forum, who will become the better player...Gay or Mayo? :confused:

mzgrizz
02-25-2010, 01:08 AM
That is tough, but I have to give the nod to Rudy. He has improved his game more than OJ IMO this year. I'm not sure OJ will reach the same potential that Rudy can. Just my feelings........at this point in time.

SluggeR
02-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Right now I think mayo has the mentality to become a star, but I think Gay has the overall ability to become a star.

I Am Awesome-O
02-25-2010, 02:34 AM
If Hollins ever let Mayo play PG or at least somewhat run the offense through him, I think Mayo would be a star. But Hollins still hasn't gotten over his man crush on Conley, and until he does Mayo will be an undersized SG that struggles mightily on defense. So right now I give the nod to Gay but if Mayo ever gets the chance to play PG he will absolutely shine IMO.