PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Fernandez Interested In Returning To Spain

Fresno
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Real Madrid hopes to sign Trail Blazers swingman Rudy Fernandez following this season, and apparenlty the interest is mutual.

Fernandez sounded unhappy in a translated interview, saying, "Right now, in this situation, I don't rule out anything because I just want to play ... I have noticed a change this year. I don't get the ball as much and the system is different." One catch -- he's under contract through 2010-11, and the Blazers have a team option for 2011-12.

Rotoworld

He does have a point though, hes a star fro Europe and hes getting inconsistent playing time solely because hes a SG backing up a Top 5 SG in the NBA.

Why stay in the NBA and make $1.2 Million as a reserve when you can go back to Spain and make $4 Million or more as a star?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Hellcrooner would welcome him to the lakers

Fresno
02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Hellcrooner would welcome him to the lakers

I think he'd be great in The Triangle.

Sly Guy
02-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I'd take him on the raps too. He's def a tradable asset, he won't stay 'unhappy' with his PT long.

arkanian215
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Nets interested in a guy who can hit a shot.

jimbobjarree
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm sure he'd get a ton of interest from around the NBA, the Jazz especialy could do with him starting for us

nanablvd
02-24-2010, 12:07 PM
all he needs to do is to file a trade demand, and most likely he will be granted cuz it works in the nba unfortunately. Many teams would be happy to have his service as a starter given his affordable contract.

dougie5627
02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
i would love the sixers to trade for him, hes one of my favourite players and he would become the best shooting gaurd on the team straight away. philly isnt going to challange any time soon so a package around fernadez + other young talent for iggy + whatever would be ok by me.

Hellcrooner
02-24-2010, 12:14 PM
i dont want him on the lakers, he woudl just go from rotting behind roy to rott brhind kobe.

and yes he needs out of that team ASAP

he is playing minuts but he is not getting the shots

and mcmillan has no clue about how to use him

he as a dude tht can drive in, create his own shot, dunk and handle the ball

yet he use him as a spot up three point shooter and does not involve him in the game at all.

He needs out period.

And i think what has filled the cup for him is seeing how Sergio is Functioning in nY.

Id like him to be traded to Knicks, raptors or Jazz

Fresno
02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
i would love the sixers to trade for him, hes one of my favourite players and he would become the best shooting gaurd on the team straight away. philly isnt going to challange any time soon so a package around fernadez + other young talent for iggy + whatever would be ok by me.

Patrick Mills?

You'd be shocked to see Iggy turn into an All Star SF in Portland. If Webster's role as a SF is what McMillan wants from the SF when Roy is on the court, Iggy in that role could be very hard to stop on offense and defense.

Hellcrooner
02-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Patrick Mills?

You'd be shocked to see Iggy turn into an All Star SF in Portland. If Webster's role as a SF is what McMillan wants from the SF when Roy is on the court, Iggy in that role could be very hard to stop on offense and defense.

Mcmillas infatuation with Webster who is by NO MEANS a better player than Batum or Rudy is i think on of the reasons Rudy is fed up.

Draco
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
This off season... I might do Hinrich for Fernandez + Miller's expiring

Fresno
02-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Mcmillas infatuation with Webster who is by NO MEANS a better player than Batum or Rudy is i think on of the reasons Rudy is fed up.

Thats probably because Rudy doesn't fit defensively as a 3.

Fernandez brings offense/limited defense to the 3 position.
Batum brings defense/limited offense to the 3 position.
Webster brings a better mix of offense and defense.

I think Batum is getting more of the minutes at the 3 currently.

Fresno
02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
This off season... I might do Hinrich for Fernandez + Miller's expiring

Miller has 2 more years left on his contract.

Andre Miller doesn't want to be anywhere near Derrick Rose.

Draco
02-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Miller has 2 more years left on his contract.

Andre Miller doesn't want to be anywhere near Derrick Rose.

After this season he has 1 year and a team option for the following year... and it shouldn't be about what Miller wants from my perspective, if I'm playing GM... I'd even try to accommodate him with a trade by Feb's deadline if he wanted out.

Fresno
02-24-2010, 12:32 PM
After this season he has 1 year and a team option for the following year...
I was just pointing out the correct length of the contract until that team option is denied.

and it shouldn't be about what Miller wants from my perspective, if I'm playing GM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAA8mLz8aJ0

Do you really want Rose to be doing this on a daily basis in practice to Miller?

Ezekial
02-24-2010, 12:49 PM
I think the real news here is now him, Ricky Rubio, and the rest of the players in Spain can play Ookie Cookie without leaving anyone out

Kakaroach
02-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't leave if I were him to just make more money. Especially being on a team that could contend if they stayed healthy.

NYKnickFanatic
02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I would love him in NY.

Ezekial
02-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Knicks fans would love anyone in New York, how's T-Mac workin out?

Fresno
02-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Knicks fans would love anyone in New York, how's T-Mac workin out?

Apparently he hasn't been working out at all.

Hellcrooner
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't leave if I were him to just make more money. Especially being on a team that could contend if they stayed healthy.
An why should he settle to be ROys court jester when he is probably the third or second best player in the team and he could be starting and being a third option in scoring in other playoff teams like say Nuggets, Jazz or Bulls?

Blackjack24
02-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah. Fernandez is clearly losing out on minutes with the Blazers-- both to players at other positions, and a logjam of players at his position. He can definitely do better for himself elsewhere, even if it's back in Europe.

Gibby23
02-24-2010, 03:21 PM
i dont want him on the lakers, he woudl just go from rotting behind roy to rott brhind kobe.

and yes he needs out of that team ASAP

he is playing minuts but he is not getting the shots

and mcmillan has no clue about how to use him

he as a dude tht can drive in, create his own shot, dunk and handle the ball

yet he use him as a spot up three point shooter and does not involve him in the game at all.

He needs out period.

And i think what has filled the cup for him is seeing how Sergio is Functioning in nY.

Id like him to be traded to Knicks, raptors or Jazz
Rudy can play PG in the Tri.

0nekhmer
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
He clearly misses his European teammate. If anything, he'll join the raptors, also known as team United Nations ;)

Sly Guy
02-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Ezekial @ ur sig:
dude, anyone paying $25/g for kush is overpaying.

heathonater
02-24-2010, 06:27 PM
right now rudy isnt getting many minutes. i could see him doing real well for himself on an offense that runs alot of fast breaks and shoots 3s. portland's offense is really slow paced, maybe the slowest in the league, and i dont think this offense fits rudy's style of play the best. one thing he cant do very well is play defense. i could see rudy playing on a different nba team next year.

Hellcrooner
02-25-2010, 01:43 AM
lol it seems Nate read the intwerview nd allowed him to get some shots today.

17 points

FOBolous
02-25-2010, 01:45 AM
yea...Rudy is a very talented player. he deserves more minutes than the blazers are given him. this guy is wasting his golden years away sitting on Portland's bench.