PDA

View Full Version : Potential

RaptorizedKevin
02-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Currently, the nba has very young players with thremendous pontetial to become some of the best players in the NBA (overall, or in diffferent fields eg Defense, rebounding, scoring etc) . Based on players's you've seen in the Nba, who would yu say has great potentail. please state their name, and why, and another player you think a player may evolve into.

Example :

Russel westbrook , because hes improved very much on scoring, and play making. hes maitaining a reespectable scoring average while playing with a super star. he rebounds the ball very well, some day he could be like a 20 7,5 player. Kinda like an andre igoudala.

IRUAM #21
02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Tyreke

Master Mind
02-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Deandre Jordan

Jonathan2323
02-23-2010, 07:36 PM
D Rose

bosh_dwill
02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
lol he said and why but i would say durant, becaust his nickname is durantchula lol but for real cuz durant has really good size to develope into a better rebounder and play maker, his scoring is already soaring and hes only in his 3rd year

RaptorizedKevin
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
good to see yu guys are naming players, but maybe not everyone knows why. I really dont know much bout deandre, mind if yu explain why yu believe he has potential?

Storch
02-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Whats insane is Lebron is still a really young player.

DerekRE_3
02-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Donte Greene: 6'10 SG/SF/PF. He has the most upside on the Sacramento Kings in my opinion. He can shoot, he's improved a ton on defense (he was awful as a rookie), he's improved his ball handling and driving ability as well. If he fulfills his potential he can be like Rashard Lewis with better defense.

Rego247
02-23-2010, 08:07 PM
bargs, he's still pretty young

Toenail Clipper
02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Deandre Jordan

Clippers are not using him well.
He can easily become a Marcus Camby.
:|
I say OJ Mayo.

kingkenny01
02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
on the bucks brandon jennings and Luc Muota Muh Te (wrong spelling)

thescore53
02-23-2010, 08:12 PM
andray blatche he will be an allstar next year

thescore53
02-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Clippers are not using him well.
He can easily become a Marcus Camby.
:|
I say OJ Mayo.

yea jordan is beast ive watched alot this year but his freethrow shooting is disgusting

looks like you lost the sig bet

Hawkeye15
02-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Kevin Love-reason being, he is already one of the top 3-4 rebounders in the NBA, at 21 years old. He has developed a three point shot this year. His passing is top tier. He is becoming an able defender. He gets to the line. I think he could turn into a 20/13.5/4 player
Another reason-- he has been doubted at every level because of his color and athletic ability. Yet, he won high school player of the year. He won Pac 10 player, and freshman of the year, over Mayo, Lopez, Westbrook, and others. He was 4th all time in rebound rate for a rookie. He keeps breaking the mold that a slower, under the rim player can't continue to get better, and dominate at every level.

Another imo, is Westbrook. He is gonna be special imo

FlakeyFool
02-23-2010, 08:40 PM
tmac

thescore53
02-23-2010, 08:54 PM
kevin love is a david lee clone

Paulliwali
02-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I hope Aaron Brooks can continue to improve as a PG who can become a consistent scoring threat but also a playmaker.

RadiantShot
02-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Stephen Curry and Tyreke Evans. I really believe they'll be great point-guards one day, if they aren't pretty good already. Which they are.

ldc62
02-23-2010, 09:31 PM
kevin love is a david lee clone

Love is a Better passer, better rebounder, plays better D....

I'm going with KEvin Love. If he still got to start, he would avg a double double easy.

Raoul Duke
02-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I'll start off not being a homer...

-Kevin love has a great instinct/feel for the game. He throws me off because he looks out of shape, but the dude can ball.

-Robin Lopez strikes me as having almost as much potential as his brother, yet nobody ever talks about him. That kid can really play, and if he gets the minutes, I could see him being a double-double machine.

-Mareese Speights is a beast. Why did Philly sign Brand when they had this kid?

-I love Aaron Afflalo. I don't think he has star-potential, but he could easily become one of the truly great role players in the league. Kinda like a Robert Horry or a Bruce Bowen. Afflalo just seems like the kind of guy that knows his role.

...aaand then I'll homer-it-up.

-Jonas Jerebko. First Swedish player in the NBA. He gets an A for effort. Plus I love it how he's always pissing off somebody from the opposing team.

-Rodney Stuckey has been looking great since January, which was when Detroit started to get everybody back healthy. If he can extend his range this summer, he has all-star potential.

ManRam
02-23-2010, 09:40 PM
on the bucks brandon jennings and Luc Muota Muh Te (wrong spelling)

:laugh: A for effort. F for execution. Why didn't you just look it up before you posted.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. And BTW, I don't see him having too much more upside.

I like the Russy pick. I think he'll be up their with CP, Deron, Rondo and Rose very shortly. He's a stud. Once he gets that FG% up, and he will, he'll be a stat freak.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Love is a Better passer, better rebounder, plays better D....

I'm going with KEvin Love. If he still got to start, he would avg a double double easy.

he averages 15.1/11.5

AI4MVP
02-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Goran Dragiccccccccccc!!!!!!!!!!!

mavwar53
02-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Anthony Randolph

Had 8 blocks in 1 game, I believe in another he was playing C against D12 and scored 28, if the guy can stay healthy and make his outside shot consistent with a little better ball handling, he will be then next KG, don't forget he is just 20.

DLeeicious
02-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I love all the young talented point guards in the league these days. Pick any one of them they all have bright futures. My two favorites though are D. Rose (obviously) and Westbrook. Still want to see more of Evans, Jennings.

0nekhmer
02-24-2010, 12:11 AM
I think Andrea Bargnani still has a lot of potential to become a top C.

Raph12
02-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Dwight Howard - Finally starting to come into his own and will only get better.

AI4MVP
02-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Dwight Howard - Finally starting to come into his own and will only get better.

i really agree with this actually. hes starting to get the hook shot a lil better.

Jack of Blades
02-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Somebody a lot of people don't know about: Mavs rookie PG Roddy Beaubois. The dude is lightening quick and I've heard people say his ceiling is a Chris Paul type of player.

Vinny642
02-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Darren Collison- Easily a starting legit PG in the league.

Thorton- A great SG off the bench, 6th man on a contender.

alencp3
02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
John Wall

Ezekial
02-24-2010, 07:53 AM
John Wall

Look at this guy from the future. Where's your banana helmet from all that food fallin from the sky futureman?

I'm gonna obviously say D-Rose, but everyone knows how good this cat is.
Here's one no one said.
Jokim Noah- He is gonna be what Rodman was for Pippen and Jordan, but for Wade and Rose.

Stay_Swim
02-24-2010, 09:29 AM
:laugh: A for effort. F for execution. Why didn't you just look it up before you posted.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. And BTW, I don't see him having too much more upside.

I like the Russy pick. I think he'll be up their with CP, Deron, Rondo and Rose very shortly. He's a stud. Once he gets that FG% up, and he will, he'll be a stat freak.

While he may not have too much more upside, Mbah a Moute could develope into a real lock down defender though. Which I would be very happy with.

IamPSD
02-24-2010, 10:47 AM
why do so many ppl sleep on mike beasley..

the dude is going to be a beast in a few years..
'oj mayo is overrated as hell though

Niro
02-24-2010, 01:39 PM
i will go with anthony randolph...guy is injured right now but when he is healthy he is a beast and only 20 years old...he just needs to get 30 minutes and more per game (looking at you don nelson)

JNaqvi23
02-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Jennings, he really matured over in europe and is definitely a solid shooter and has a high basketball IQ already. Once he gets the chance to leave Milwaukee he will be a stud.

Beasely has potential but I think he wont reach it until he gets a chance to be the primary guy on his team

abe_froman
02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Jennings, he really matured over in europe and is definitely a solid shooter and has a high basketball IQ already. Once he gets the chance to leave Milwaukee he will be a stud.

Beasely has potential but I think he wont reach it until he gets a chance to be the primary guy on his team

when did 37% become solid:confused:

JNaqvi23
02-24-2010, 03:09 PM
when did 37% become solid:confused:

It's his rookie season and he barely played in Europe, I just think he ran out of gas last couple months, but if you look at his performance early in the season he's shown signs of being stellar and yes I do think he is/will show himself to be a really solid shooter when all is said and done.

abe_froman
02-24-2010, 03:16 PM
It's his rookie season and he barely played in Europe, I just think he ran out of gas last couple months, but if you look at his performance early in the season he's shown signs of being stellar and yes I do think he is/will show himself to be a really solid shooter when all is said and done.

never said he wouldnt be.but he's not right now,which is what you said.he came out of the gate on fire,but since...eh he's been failing steadily since then

JNaqvi23
02-24-2010, 03:19 PM
never said he wouldnt be.but he's not right now,which is what you said.he came out of the gate on fire,but since...eh he's been failing steadily since then

Yeah I guess I phrased that wrong. It's a thread about potential give it a year lol :D

Evolution23
02-24-2010, 05:00 PM
westbrook and durant...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Sun Yue=chinese magic

nuff' said:)

Carey
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Goran Dragiccccccccccc!!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna say him too since Westbrook has already been named

AI4MVP
02-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I was gonna say him too since Westbrook has already been named

wait seriously? or jokingly. bcuz i was being serious and im trying to see if people other then only suns fan notice gorans potential

bigsams50
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Tyrus THomas under Larry Brown. He's been beasting off the bench for us so far.

JNaqvi23
02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
wait seriously? or jokingly. bcuz i was being serious and im trying to see if people other then only suns fan notice gorans potential

under Nash, Dragic can develop into something stellar but i think he still has 2-3 years before he breaks out

J_M_B
02-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Homer pick: Michael Beasley

Potential: combination of Antwan Jamison and Chris Bosh

Eveybody knows that Beasley is a great offensive player that can score in variety of ways. His defense is still shaky, but has come along way since his rookie year. He's more active on the defensive end and is rebounding more consistently. Good free throw shooter. He continues to improve his all around game. Over the last month or so, Beasley has been blocking shots, getting steals, and surprisingly has been playing good on ball defense. His handles and court vision are above average for a PF as well.

Overall, I see him as a combination of Bosh and Jamison with the possiblity of being a better defender.

heathonater
02-24-2010, 06:22 PM
durant. since hes only 21 and already averaging 30 ppg, i shudder thinking about how good he will be in five years.

Raph12
02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
durant. since hes only 21 and already averaging 30 ppg, i shudder thinking about how good he will be in five years.

Lebron was 21 avging over 31ppg (31.4 to be exact), not too big a jump from that year.