PDA

View Full Version : T-mac injured

JordansBulls
02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Link (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_wacked_UnNAIdEpOrHTwJDQ26AnpK)

Uh-oh.

Tracy McGrady's comeback took a troubling turn when the new Knick limped off the court in the final minutes of his second game.

The cursed Knicks limped to a horrifying 83-67 loss to the Bucks and were booed off the court by a surly Garden crowd after scoring their season low.

McGrady said afterward he knocked knees twice and wouldn't guarantee he'll be healthy enough to face the Celtics tonight in Boston.

"Hopefully it's not sore [today]," McGrady said. "Maybe I'll lace them up and play, but we'll see. We'll see how it feels before the game."

GodsSon
02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
And so it begins...

NYK_kidd77
02-23-2010, 02:37 PM
This is why i laughed at some of the idiots who wanted to offer him 8mill.

Baller1
Damn T-Mac... I can't keep rooting for you if you keep ****ing up.

beardown78
I knew it was A matter of time before he would start breaking down. No T Mac is back threads now huh

jimbobjarree
lol

JNA17
:(

Gibby23
02-23-2010, 02:39 PM
If he is hurt for a good amount of time, he just lost MLE money for next year.

rockets-fan
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
he jus banged knees...calm down haters

GodsSon
02-23-2010, 02:43 PM

and he's already missing games from it...fall back stan

beardown78
02-23-2010, 02:43 PM

And hes possibly gonna have to sit out the next game. injury prone

TheKing23
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
He's got sore knees... Hopefully.

If that's the case it shouldn't be unexpected... The guy hadn't played pretty much all season and then logs 62 minutes over the course of two games. Give him a chance...

jetsfan28
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Title is a bit misleading. He isn't injured, he's hurt. That's what happens when you play 30+ minutes a game after not playing a while. It's a sore knee. "Hopefully it's not sore" definitely ≠ injured.

colinskik
02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
And hes possibly gonna have to sit out the next game. injury prone
He's also playing 30+ min in two games after being out for an extended period of time. He probably would have needed some rest regardless of the banged knee, which really isn't that serious.

amoore87
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
sore knees on top of not being in full game shape..hmmm

RaptorsFanatic
02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Some of you guys are so funny. He can't control injuries, he can't program his body to not get injured for a random knee collision.

You people talk as if he has no chance and it is his fault. Injuries are unpredictable. You think I'm going to call someone weak if they break their legs from a car accident, no they couldn't stop that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
lol

what I told you all, t-mac is done, he wil never be same

oak2455
02-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Title is a bit misleading. He isn't injured, he's hurt. That's what happens when you play 30+ minutes a game after not playing a while. It's a sore knee. "Hopefully it's not sore" definitely ≠ injured.

ur right too many clowns:facepalm:

ko8e24
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM

But for T-Mac, even by being hurt, it feels like he's injured :facepalm:

beardown78
02-23-2010, 02:51 PM
lol

what i told you all, t-mac is done, he wil never be same

+1

MikefromMars
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
he is just as hurt as Wade, Kobe, Parker, etc

He is getting back into shape. Please wait, to hate.

RaptorsFanatic
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
lol

what I told you all, t-mac is done, he wil never be same

Yes, due to injuries that is correct, but he dropped 26 after missing a year and a half. Name one player who has done that before?

jetsfan28
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Yes, due to injuries that is correct, but he dropped 26 after missing a year and a half. Name one player who has done that before?

The only one I can think of is Bernard King, and even he wasn't good in his first game back (he was right after that)

beardown78
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM

26 points in a loss. Maybe he re ups in New york for 8 million A year for that performance

jetsfan28
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
26 points in a loss. Maybe he re ups in New york for 8 million A year for that performance

Yeah, because individuals decide basketball games

There is no rational way you can criticize what he's done so far in his recovery

RaptorsFanatic
02-23-2010, 02:59 PM

This gives absolutely no justification. A loss? Dude, we are talking about McGrady's individual performance. Is it his fault New York didn't win? He didn't even play in overtime.

GodsSon
02-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, because individuals decide basketball games

There is no rational way you can criticize what he's done so far in his recovery

They can in basketball, especially over any other team sport

cali72888
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Some of you guys are so funny. He can't control injuries, he can't program his body to not get injured for a random knee collision.

You people talk as if he has no chance and it is his fault. Injuries are unpredictable. You think I'm going to call someone weak if they break their legs from a car accident, no they couldn't stop that.

Yea but its not a random accident, T-Mac gets hurt constantly plain and simple. He has not played in what 6 months and now his knees are acting up. He is INJURY PRONE and will never be the same player again, plus he does not have the heart to be a clutch player any longer.

jetsfan28
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM

They cannot when they're not in the game (which he wasn't in overtime, due to the fact that the trainers didn't feel he should play over 30 minutes and he was already at 32). And not in 32 minutes against a far superior team.

RaptorsFanatic
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM

We are talking about a guy who missed a year and a half. A year and a half! Honestly, do you expect to put so much pressure on him to win a game for his team after missing so much time.

26 points is damn impressive, you have to agree, nobody expected that.

RaptorsFanatic
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Yea but its not a random accident, T-Mac gets hurt constantly plain and simple. He has not played in what 6 months and now his knees are acting up. He is INJURY PRONE and will never be the same player again, plus he does not have the heart to be a clutch player any longer.

Okay. I still don't understand how you can control connecting knees, it was bound to happen, and it happened. Do you think he knows the future and will tell himself that ''I will bang knees with someone today, make sure I do not do that."

beardown78
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
This gives absolutely no justification. A loss? Dude, we are talking about McGrady's individual performance. Is it his fault New York didn't win? He didn't even play in overtime.

You act like 26 points first game back was A big deal for A person basically missing the whole year. this is TMac we're talking about A one time top 5 player in this league so his skills havent completely went away. He's only 30 years old not 35 so I expect him to be able to light it up sometimes that doesnt take away the fact that T Mac has alot of wear n tear on his body after 13 years in the league and the injuries have caught up with him thats all. Hes not the same T Mac

RaptorsFanatic
02-23-2010, 03:08 PM
You act like 26 points first game back was A big deal for A person basically missing the whole year. this is TMac we're talking about A one time top 5 player in this league so his skills havent completely went away. He's only 30 years old not 35 so I expect him to be able to light it up sometimes that doesnt take away the fact that T Mac has alot of wear n tear on his body after 13 years in the league and the injuries have caught up with him thats all. Hes not the same T Mac

You clearly said in your post that he got the numbers but not a win. Those two things have absolutely no relation, well, to a person who missed so much time.

Did you expect him to get New York a win or see how he does his first game back?

Infamous916
02-23-2010, 03:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Tracy Mcgrady injured and the Knicks getting slaughtered seems the planets realigned.

beardown78
02-23-2010, 03:11 PM
You clearly said in your post that he got the numbers but not a win. Those two things have absolutely no relation, well, to a person who missed so much time.

Did you expect him to get New York a win or see how he does his first game back?

Im pretty sure NY put T Mac in the starting lineup in his first game after the trade to help them win the game not to see how many point he'll put up

RaptorsFanatic
02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Im pretty sure NY put T Mac in the starting lineup in his first game after the trade to help them win the game not to see how many point he'll put up

I want YOUR opinion. Did you expect Tracy to get the Knicks a win?

beardown78
02-23-2010, 03:16 PM

While watching the game yeah I believe the Knicks were in position towards the end to win the game. The Thunder arent unbeatable. T Mac had it going the whole game and he was sat for a long strech and they failed to feed him the ball in the final minutes

beardown78
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM

I want you're opinion, do you think D Antonio put T Mac into the starting line up to give the knicks A spark to help them win, or just to see how many points T Mac would score?

akay47
02-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Like who didn't see this coming? This guy is a walker, sorry, limping band-aid

Tracy Band-Aid McGrady

valade16
02-23-2010, 03:29 PM
It doesn't matter, he already did enough to have his number retired in NY anyway

FOBolous
02-23-2010, 03:34 PM
now yall know why Adleman kept him on the bench. Adleman wanted to stick to the schedule the doctors gave and made sure Tmac is 100% before he plays buuuut...:pity: should've listened to Adleman, Tmac.

29$JerZ
02-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Not surprised, rest is good for him or at the very least less playing time each game.

Knicks did trade to evaluate if Tracy can return to form and to dump CAP, half of that has already been accomplished so its not a huge loss. I think the fact Sergio is doing good for NY will make things bearable.

DaBUU
02-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Why would a Knick fan care if hes hurt or not? Wasn't he brought in as nothing more than a huge expiring?

mikantsass
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I saw it last night, he hit a 3 from the top of the key and then limped back on defense. Such as shame...

Pierzynski4Prez
02-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Okay. I still don't understand how you can control connecting knees, it was bound to happen, and it happened. Do you think he knows the future and will tell himself that ''I will bang knees with someone today, make sure I do not do that."

You fail to see the reason behind it. Yes, he coincidentally banged knees. However, the knee of a non-injury prone guy would have let him continue to play the game and not miss the next game. T-Mac's knees are so weak, one little bang forces him out for who knows how long. Its only a matter of time before his body breaks down and forces him to sit out extended lengths of time again.

JordansBulls
02-23-2010, 04:31 PM
I thought he was lifting weights now.

29$JerZ
02-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Why would a Knick fan care if hes hurt or not? Wasn't he brought in as nothing more than a huge expiring?

We actually have some hope he can return to form and be a nice back up plan if 2010 is a bust.

CAP is nice but the players brought in are also important (Sergio as well)

mjqusoldier
02-23-2010, 04:39 PM
It's the second night of a back to back. What do you expect?

king4day
02-23-2010, 04:42 PM

That's what I was thinking.
It's not like he came down on it and began feeling pain.
On a back to back, there's no reason to not let him rest.
If it goes on a few games or longer, than maybe it's worse than they say. But for now, it's nothing.

violetuniverse
02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
i feel bad for t mac. i would feel worse if he had signed with the bulls. i had always hoped hed be on the kobe level of superstardom. i was wrong.

Jays Claw
02-23-2010, 05:08 PM
The Knicks just took a slap in the face with this injury. :laugh2:

Chronz
02-23-2010, 05:11 PM
To be expected, hes not coming back from some minor surgery people. MF is serious

madiaz3
02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
I had a sore knee the other day...I'm not injured. He's not injured until he actually misses a game because of it.