PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Haywood=Western Conference Finals?

shep33
02-23-2010, 12:48 AM
This guy is playing lights out for the Mavs. Today he had 13 points, 20 boards, and 3 blocks, only shooting the ball 6 times. When I saw this trade I thought he was a steal with Butler. Very underrated as a big, and his length causes a number of problems defensively. Add in he's got better offensive game then Dampier, and this team and Denver are gonna be fighting to contend with the Lakers out west. What do you guys think? Do they play the Lakeshow in the WCF and who wins?

My opinion, Denver is still tough and I gotta give it to them first right now with all that offensive punch.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 01:01 AM
I'd take LA and Denver over them in a heartbeat, Utah and OKC looks pretty good right now also.

BaustinSali08
02-23-2010, 01:03 AM
I like that stat line, except it was against the Pacers who seem to bring the best out of everybody nowadays :sigh:. It is still very respectable though, I do believe that the Mavs will be in the Conference finals.

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd take LA and Denver over them in a heartbeat, Utah and OKC looks pretty good right now also.

Funny guy.

Dallas is 4-1 since the trade and has won 4 straight.

Haywood is averaging 11 ppg 11 rpg 2.5 bpg in 5 games with the Mavs
Butler's averaging around 16 ppg so far

The real test comes on Wednesday against the Lakers.

Dallas is potentially the 2nd best team in the west.

Mavs vs Lakers in the WCF, book it.

Legitimate
02-23-2010, 01:05 AM
the mavs are goin to be competing for a championship IMHO

Legitimate
02-23-2010, 01:09 AM
i hope that the raps can sign haywood this offseason(hopefully)

Raph12
02-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Funny guy.

If they don't get a legit backup center, doubt they can contend for a ring.

still1ballin
02-23-2010, 01:13 AM
I still like Denver in the WCF

Avenged
02-23-2010, 01:23 AM
I like Denver in the WCF as well, but would prefer if LA goes up against the Mavs. :D

vash9
02-23-2010, 01:23 AM
I knew the Caron Butler trade was more like a masking for Haywood.

Butler is good, but Haywood was a steal knowing the Mavs needed a center, too.

showboatcp
02-23-2010, 01:25 AM
yall just fighting over second best

Baller1
02-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Nope. I don't see them beating Denver.

_KB24_
02-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Still like Denver over them by a good margin. Kidd and Terry aren't exactly the scariest backcourt duos in the NBA....

Hellcrooner
02-23-2010, 01:37 AM
Lakers attacking

Fisher is ****ed vs Kidd Lakers Mavs 0-1

Kobe can defiently score over Butler they can try to doubel him but that leaves, artest or pau free 1-1

Artest can score over Marion since he will need to double Pau and or Kobe 2-1

Odom vs Dirk we all know Dirk is not the best deffender 3-1

Pau vs Haywood well if Pau can do something is score 4-1

Bench no one can really stop Terry or Bynum on either bench so it gets Anulated.

Mavs Attack.

Kidd on Fisher Fisher cant guard his mamma nowdays Mavs-Lakers 1-0

Butler on Kobe, butlery may be good but kobe is uone of the best at D 1-1

Marion or Artest, Not in my house dude 1-2

Dirk on Odom Dirk wold win but he will get doubled since Haywood can be left alone
and not be a threatt 1-3

Haywood on Pau nothing to worry Pau really 1-4

Total LAkers 8 Mavs 2

Im not worried.

ElMarroAfamado
02-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Funny guy.

:facepalm:

BlondeBomber41
02-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Still like Denver over them by a good margin. Kidd and Terry aren't exactly the scariest backcourt duos in the NBA....

Well seeing that Caron Butler is our starting SG with Terry backing him up, I don't exactly see your point.

BlondeBomber41
02-23-2010, 02:17 AM

They have one... Erick Dampier. Damp is a legit starting center, much less a legit backup.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 02:28 AM
They have one... Erick Dampier. Damp is a legit starting center, much less a legit backup.

Damp is undergoing season ending surgery, thought you'd know about this before me... But guess I was wrong.

GodsSon
02-23-2010, 02:42 AM
I can see the Mavs and Nuggets squaring off in the WCF...that's right, I said it

Sadds The Gr8
02-23-2010, 02:43 AM

I've been saying that since the first game we had against the Wiz. HE played Bosh very well.

But yea...the Mavs have a stacked team...just depends if they can mesh well and compete against the top teams like LA. Only problem I see them having is if the jump shots aren't falling (looking at their roster, they're pretty much a jump shooting team), there's not really anyone who can go under the net and get easy buckets. Marion's a scrub now, and Haywood isn't someone you dish the ball to and hope he gets points. He's more of a garbage man. This problem can cause trouble for them in the playoffs.

CityofTreez
02-23-2010, 02:51 AM
So Brendon Haywood puts them in the WCF?

hahahahahahahah. That was a good laugh.

thedfactor
02-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Lakers attacking

Kobe can defiently score over Butler they can try to doubel him but that leaves, artest or pau free 1-1

Bench no one can really stop Terry or Bynum on either bench so it gets Anulated.

Mavs Attack.

Dirk on Odom Dirk wold win but he will get doubled since Haywood can be left alone
and not be a threatt 1-3

Total LAkers 8 Mavs 2

Im not worried.Wow, you hit on some, but still way off. But your a Lakers fan, I can't be shocked here.

Damp is undergoing season ending surgery, thought you'd know about this before me... But guess I was wrong.Ha, are you serious? He's out indefinitely, but no where has it said he had season-ending surgery. Check your facts.

Storch
02-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Please note that I hate the mavs, i hate cuban, i hate nowitzki, and i hate terry. I think they are the softest team ever assembled, however I cant deny that the mavs look great with the addition of butler and haywood. They filled every hole that they needed to fill with that trade, theyre legit right now. I'll swim up stream on this one and go against most of your posts, I'll take the mavs over denver. But I gotta say, melo looks ready for kobe this year.

Storch
02-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Wow, you hit on some, but still way off. But your a Lakers fan, I can't be shocked here.

Ha, are you serious? He's out indefinitely, but no where has it said he had season-ending surgery. Check your facts.

Please enlighten me with this "your a laker fan" insult. Im a laker fan as well.

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 03:53 AM

Lol. You do know that Erick Dampier is the back up center right? He's more than legit.

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 03:55 AM

Kidd is a hell of a lot better than Fisher, and Butler is starting in the back court, not Terry.

JJ_JKidd
02-23-2010, 03:56 AM
This guy is playing lights out for the Mavs. Today he had 13 points, 20 boards, and 3 blocks, only shooting the ball 6 times. When I saw this trade I thought he was a steal with Butler. Very underrated as a big, and his length causes a number of problems defensively. Add in he's got better offensive game then Dampier, and this team and Denver are gonna be fighting to contend with the Lakers out west. What do you guys think? Do they play the Lakeshow in the WCF and who wins?

My opinion, Denver is still tough and I gotta give it to them first right now with all that offensive punch.

Please dont make a mockery out of our team. Haywood's playing superb we know that. But it doesnt guarantee that we are a lock for the WCF. But our team has the potential to be really darn good, thats what I can guarantee for now.

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 03:56 AM
:facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm:

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Damp is undergoing season ending surgery, thought you'd know about this before me... But guess I was wrong.

Lmao :facepalm: Season ending? Did you just pull that false information out of your ***? He's coming back within 3 weeks.

Chronz
02-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Theres a reason why more people were talking about Haywood than Butler

shep33
02-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Please dont make a mockery out of our team. Haywood's playing superb we know that. But it doesnt guarantee that we are a lock for the WCF. But our team has the potential to be really darn good, thats what I can guarantee for now.

As a Laker/Knick fan I'm not trying to mock your team. Haywood has always been underrated, and he averages a double double and plays good D. You need that against the Lakers to bang with their bigs and play physical with them. So you don't like what your team is doing? They matchup well now against the Nuggets, or atleast better. Don't get me wrong I'm still going with Denver, but role players like Haywood really put teams on another level.

For instance:

Posey for the Celts help put them over the top. His stats weren't great, but his impact on the game was huge for them. Guy that could guard LBJ and Kobe and make em work.

Ariza for the Lakers... Energy, defense, 3 point shooting helped the Lakers get a ring.

People think superstars make the difference, but in reality a lot of times its just guys that fill needs for your team, and I think Haywood helps them bigtime defensively, on the boards, and offensively a bit with his ability to finish strong. When I tell people that Kendrick Perkins is one of the if not the best role player in the league, everyone laughs, but its guys like him with defense, boards, and ability to shoot a high percentage that make teams tougher to beat.

_KB24_
02-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Never knew that Caron was starting at SG....... interesting.

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 04:14 AM
Never knew that Caron was starting at SG....... interesting.

Well you do now :up:

Raph12
02-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Lmao :facepalm: Season ending? Did you just pull that false information out of your ***? He's coming back within 3 weeks.

Yes my ***, that's where I get my info. :rolleyes:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=429

And with Erick Dampier out indefinitely, Haywood should be owned in almost all leagues.

Maybe you know something I don't, but you don't need to act like a douche, just present your info and get on with your life.

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 04:21 AM
Yes my ***, that's where I get my info. :rolleyes:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=429

Maybe you know something I don't, but you don't need to act like a douche, just present your info and get on with your life.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=erick+dampier

Do some research before making a blunt statement like that, especially if you're not sure.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=181

Read the status alert. That's all I have to say. Was that that hard?

thedfactor
02-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Please enlighten me with this "your a laker fan" insult. Im a laker fan as well.You're taking it out of context. I'm saying I can understand as a fan there is some tendency to be biased, just as I would think Dallas has the edge on Denver...no insult there

bolts4ever
02-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Hey coming from a Huge LAKER FAN I hope you knock off DENVER but I doubt it. The Nuggerts with Melo and Billups have a KILLER INSTICT about them that the MAVERICKS have lacked ever since NICK VANEXEL left dallas.

the only player that make me nervous is Jason Terry off the bench. We can make DIRK work hard with GASOL and ODOm and even ARTEST and though Dirk usually plays well against us its never easy buckets.

PLUS DIRK is TERRIFIED OF KOBE!!!! lol... I mean didnt he admit to not wanting to play the Lakers in the 1st rd after loosing a game late last season if I recall. YES!!!

series. 4-1 LAKESHOW!!!! C u in the WCF??????

JJ_JKidd
02-23-2010, 04:49 AM
As a Laker/Knick fan I'm not trying to mock your team. Haywood has always been underrated, and he averages a double double and plays good D. You need that against the Lakers to bang with their bigs and play physical with them. So you don't like what your team is doing? They matchup well now against the Nuggets, or atleast better. Don't get me wrong I'm still going with Denver, but role players like Haywood really put teams on another level.

For instance:

Posey for the Celts help put them over the top. His stats weren't great, but his impact on the game was huge for them. Guy that could guard LBJ and Kobe and make em work.

Ariza for the Lakers... Energy, defense, 3 point shooting helped the Lakers get a ring.

People think superstars make the difference, but in reality a lot of times its just guys that fill needs for your team, and I think Haywood helps them bigtime defensively, on the boards, and offensively a bit with his ability to finish strong. When I tell people that Kendrick Perkins is one of the if not the best role player in the league, everyone laughs, but its guys like him with defense, boards, and ability to shoot a high percentage that make teams tougher to beat.

Ok. Point taken. I just dont like homers that praise their team a lot.

mvb815
02-23-2010, 05:13 AM
i heard somewhere gooden is pulling a ziggy and resigning with the mavs in 30 days. if that's true then i think they will be a stronger threat.

imagine if this was their team against the heat in the finals? they would have won every game by 30, just goes to show how much tougher it is to win a championship now.

shep33
02-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Ok. Point taken. I just dont like homers that praise their team a lot.

Yeah me neither man, I just think the Mavs are solid all around, and can pose a threat in the west.

thedfactor
02-23-2010, 06:05 AM
i heard somewhere gooden is pulling a ziggy and resigning with the mavs in 30 days. if that's true then i think they will be a stronger threat.

imagine if this was their team against the heat in the finals? they would have won every game by 30, just goes to show how much tougher it is to win a championship now.I wish, it was the original thought he might come back to Dallas, but not looking so now. He played for LAC last night and had 10/9. Dallas could really use him to back up Dirk, instead of Najera and Tim Thomas has been away for some time now for his wife's health.

Zefflin
02-23-2010, 06:41 AM

Dude I'd certainly take them over what we have...

rabzouz 96
02-23-2010, 08:14 AM
it was a damn good trade for the mavs, esp. haywood may make the difference.

DodgerorLaker?
02-23-2010, 08:22 AM
I hope that puts Dallas in the WCF! I would much rather play the softies in Dallas than play the Nuggets! Old man Kidd,Jason Terry jacking up bad shots and as much as of a great shooter Dirk is he is just flat out SOFT! I hope Dallas gets to the WCF cause that would be a beatdown by the hands of L.A

ragee
02-23-2010, 08:49 AM

imagine if this was their team against the heat in the finals? they would have won every game by 30, just goes to show how much tougher it is to win a championship now.

Woah... Is there any truth to this? Where did you get this news man? That would be sweet!

DCstruggles03
02-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Theres a good chance haywood and butler put the mavs over the top. They both bring toughness to a team that sure will need it when they go up against the Lakers and Nuggets (as well as the other top teams in the West).

2nd best team in the West when all said and done.

Iron24th
02-23-2010, 10:08 AM
I still like Denver in the WCF

x2

People underestimate Denver, Dallas made a good trade,but I still think Denver is ahead.

Iron24th
02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Funny guy.

Why is it funny? Dallas won 4 in a row since the trade against Phoenix (they're pretty bad on the road), Orlando (the only impressive one) , Miami (without D-Wade), Indiana (should I say anything?).

Maybe they're potentially the 2nd best team on the west,but it means nothing if they don't prove it on the court,right now they don't look dominant,nothing is guaranteed.

Denver is though,they're physical,and Melo is a beast,actually they are the 2nd best team on the west,face it.

J-Relo
02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
he was a steal...

how did they manage to do that trade...?

Tribe
02-23-2010, 11:06 AM
LOL...Really???...he was the missing piece?

Gibby23
02-23-2010, 11:49 AM
The only thing about the Mavs is that mow they have a SF and SG who really can't shoot. Teams can just sag off Butler and Marion and go help on Dirk and pack the paint. They will be exposed.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't think Haywood puts them over the top, nor does Butler, this team is still lacking to go all the way IMO.

Hellcrooner
02-23-2010, 12:16 PM
mmmm btw

i think people is underestimating Blazers

they fixed their frountcort problem adding Camby

and the fact the slimmed their bench is going to be actually good for them since it will allow more minutes and more confidence for bayless, rudy and batum.

they could perfectly make some upsets and be in wcF

td0tsfinest
02-23-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm a fan of Haywood. He's a center who rebounds, block shots and has some inside presence. With all the scoring, the Mavs have they really needed a shot blocker. Marion is good but he's more of a help side defender.

pebloemer
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Lakers attacking

Mavs Attack.

and not be a threatt 1-3

Total LAkers 8 Mavs 2

Im not worried.

Did you just give Lakers a point in your matchup system on Odom being superior to Dirk in a matchup?

Edit: Your method for evaluating matchups was confusing, I understand what you are saying now. I'm not sure how your method actually measures up to an actual game though.

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
The only thing about the Mavs is that mow they have a SF and SG who really can't shoot. Teams can just sag off Butler and Marion and go help on Dirk and pack the paint. They will be exposed.

Ever heard or Jason Terry?

Mavrix
02-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Did you just give Lakers a point in your matchup system on Odom being superior to Dirk in a matchup?

Not only that but he gave the point to Odom on the Dirks offensive side as well, I thought it would be a waste of time to reply.

pebloemer
02-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Not only that but he gave the point to Odom on the Dirks offensive side as well, I thought it would be a waste of time to reply.

I'm not sure how his system makes any sense in a 5 on 5 sport like basketball in general though. Uses double teams to enhancehis argument on matchups, but doesn't account for an ripple effect from double teams when evaluating how Dirk could be trapped, but does when talking about how Kobe could be. Very biased post.

Gibby23
02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Ever heard or Jason Terry?

So, the Mavs start 6 guys?

Focused1
02-23-2010, 01:35 PM

Would not mine that at all. He's always played good against us

eugene
02-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Denver vs Dallas in WCF... LAL should have a rest. Enough of them in the finals! :)

showtym24
02-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Denver will beat them in the semis again IMO

BlondeBomber41
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Um, no he isn't. He is gonna be out 3-5 weeks with a dislocated finger. Far from season ending. There hasn't been a single report saying he was gonna have season ending surgery or miss the entire season. You're just making things up I guess. :shrug:

BlondeBomber41
02-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Ahhh, I see some other Mavs fans already set Raphy straight on the Dampier thing. Good job.

Reddd
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Who knows, for all I'm certain of, Dallas made a great deal.

Wiz kids
02-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Trust me, from a Wiz fan Haywood is the best addition out of Jamison, Butler, and himself.

dRa1niNg_ 3s
02-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I hope that Denver represents the WC.
I really hate the following teams in orderly fashion.

1. Utah
2(a) Lakers 2(b) Mavs.