PDA

View Full Version : League would not block Z's possible return to Cavs

Gibby
02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
An official within the league tells The Associated Press the NBA has not threatened to stop a potential reunion between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

The Cavaliers traded their longtime center to Washington last week in the three-team deal that brought Antawn Jamison to Cleveland. The Wizards may decide to buy out Ilgauskas, allowing him to become a free agent.

The Los Angeles Times quoted an unnamed source Sunday saying the NBA had told other teams it wouldn't let Ilgauskas go back to the Cavs. However, the official told the AP the league would only step in if there was proof of an agreement before the trade was completed.

The person was granted anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly about the Ilgauskas situation.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/22/ilgauskas.buyout/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

so if Big Z wants to return he can. i think he will. Im happy he has a chance to finsh his career with one team

EDIT: My bad its already posted in the other thread

TheKing23
02-23-2010, 12:47 AM
YESSIR!

Come home Z!

NYKnickFanatic
02-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Of course not. There is nothing they can do.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 01:13 AM
The Hawks can offer him the MLE with a starting position, but I doubt he leaves Cleveland after all this time.

TheKing23
02-23-2010, 01:23 AM
The Hawks can offer him the MLE with a starting position, but I doubt he leaves Cleveland after all this time.

Starting Z would ruin everything that's good about the Hawks... They're an uptempo team that likes to run, so having Josh Smith and Al Horford as their bigs is ideal.

The big fella will come back to the city he loves... When you've made $150 million over your career, that extra three million isn't worth making your whole family move cities for half a season.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Starting Z would ruin everything that's good about the Hawks... They're an uptempo team that likes to run, so having Josh Smith and Al Horford as their bigs is ideal.

The big fella will come back to the city he loves... When you've made $150 million over your career, that extra three million isn't worth making your whole family move cities for half a season.

I know what you mean, but Dwight's been killing the Hawks for quite some time now and if they don't find an answer, they better hope Orlando loses to Boston or Cleveland first.

Big Z seems like a loyal guy who's played in Cleveland since 1996, my money is on him returning.