PDA

View Full Version : Can the Cavs defeat the Magic??

♣YellaBoyQ♣
02-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Eveytime these two teams play... It's bascially Lebron vs the Magic. At times it works with Lebron dropping 40 and the Cavs winning, but when Lebron goes cold the Cavs can't defeat the magic. I believe in the playoffs the Magic can defeat the Cavs again.

Do you guys think the Cavs can beat the Magic, without Lebron James dropping more than 30????

Chronz
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
They shouldve gotten Amare

KG21
02-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Amare would be good for them, but they should go for Butler.

All they need is to play more inside and less outside.They cant match up with Orlando in playing outside, Orlando is just to good at that.

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes, they can, and I say this only because they have.
Can they win a 7 game series? Yes. But the Magic could just as easily win a seven game series. Most of the games in last year's eastern conference finals came down to the last minute, which means really that either team could have won. This year they are matched up about as well but both are a little deeper than they were last year.

It would be a great series if it happens and hopefully it goes the distance.

akay47
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Well, I sincerely hope that's a joke, clearly Antawn Jamison was the safe trade to make, Amar'e would've been so tough to adjust to, getting Stoudemire is a deal that you'd make in the off-season, have him go through training camps and whatnot, it's hard to acquire a guy like that midseason. Jamison showed some flashes yesterday and once he starts and we re-sign Z, we'll have the deepest team in the NBA and will win it all, muahahahahhaha :D

PLAYERS FAN
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't think the Magic have no chance of beating the Cavs. If Big Z play that game the Cavs win easily.

Aust
02-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Well, I sincerely hope that's a joke, clearly Antawn Jamison was the safe trade to make, Amar'e would've been so tough to adjust to, getting Stoudemire is a deal that you'd make in the off-season, have him go through training camps and whatnot, it's hard to acquire a guy like that midseason. Jamison showed some flashes yesterday and once he starts and we re-sign Z, we'll have the deepest team in the NBA and will win it all, muahahahahhaha :D

The NBA's not allowing you TO RESIGN Z! MWAHAHAHAHA So your NOT gonna win it all and will probably lose to the magic, if not the Laker's :clap:

king4day
02-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't think the Magic have no chance of beating the Cavs. If Big Z play that game the Cavs win easily.

If Z plays, then Jamison or Shaq's minutes are cut. Less production from those two balances out whatever Z does.

ManRam
02-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Are we probably the worst match up for them: Yes, but not as much as last year though.
Can they still beat us: Of course.

Amare would have caused more problems against us I believe. The advantage we have in the paint is very significant. I think they'll face off in the ECF, and I think it will be a great series. That's all I'll say.

prodigy
02-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Bobcats are the worse matchup for the cavs.

MacFitz92
02-22-2010, 07:02 PM

Eww, Amare and Big Shaqtus didn't work well in Pheonix, why would it work in Cleveland?

I presonally think they need a lot more pieces to be a more consistently good team.

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Eww, Amare and Big Shaqtus didn't work well in Pheonix, why would it work in Cleveland?

I presonally think they need a lot more pieces to be a more consistently good team.

They have this one player by the name of Lebron James.

MacFitz92
02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Are we probably the worst match up for them: Yes.
Can they still beat us: Of course.

Amare would have caused more problems against us I believe. The advantage we have in the paint is very significant. I think they'll face off in the ECF, and I think it will be a great series. That's all I'll say.

I think it'll be Magic vs. Celtics.

macc
02-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I used to think my Magic had a clear edge on Cleveland, but this year is different. Cleveland is a great team. With that being said I still think the Magic beats them in a 7 game series. Lebron has to have a crazy game to just compete with Orlando. Orlando just beat Cleveland with Carter/Lewis/Nelson all having sub par games. I still think our depth has them.

Saying that if Cleveland took us out I wouldn't be suprised either. Lebron is just that great. I hope they meet in the finals. It would just be a great series to watch. Reguardless of who would win, it would just be entertaining. Plus watching Howard and Shaq go at it for all those games would be great.

stawka
02-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Funny how everyone including Laker fans were like "please get Amare, he will destroy that team so it'll be easier for us to beat the Cavs". Now it's like "thank God they didn't get Amare OMG, now we're gonna kill them"

Chronz
02-22-2010, 07:14 PM
The way I see it, Jamison is only a threat from 3pt territory or in the paint, and the paint is Shaqs territory so he better step up his 3pt accuracy, while Amare is pretty much automatic from anywhere aside from 3. Hes not the floor spacer but the guy cannot be left open. Hes younger and could be off the books by the end of next year.

Chronz
02-22-2010, 07:15 PM

What makes you think they didnt work well?

Chronz
02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
If Z plays, then Jamison or Shaq's minutes are cut. Less production from those two balances out whatever Z does.

Or if Z plays he reduces Shaqs work load making him more effective in those minutes

ManRam
02-22-2010, 07:23 PM
I do think that Cleveland's disadvantages have become a lot less significant. We lost Hedo (he was the biggest match up problem, not Shard), they got Shaq (does better on Dwight then whatever they had last year, still can't totally stop him like Perk has in the past), they got Jamison (very similar player to Shard) and they have a much better bench (Boobie, Delonte, Moon, Hickson, Varejao, Jaward etc. is significantly better than last year's.

We wont win because of our mismatches like we clearly did last year, we're gonna have to win this year because we're deeper and better. They've clearly addressed their problems/weaknesses.

*Superman*
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah they can beat us. Bad question imo. Should ask who would win in a 7 game series.

rapjuicer06
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
it'll come down to foul trouble. if dwight can stay out of foul trouble, orlando takes it. if dwight gets in foul trouble cleveland takes it. its that simple

Hawkeye15
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Magic are a tough matchup for the Cavs, but this team looks different than last years. Shaq is there to at least get in Dwight's way, and the Cav's are a better team this year. I think in a 7 game series, the Cavs win in 6 this time around.

J-Relo
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM

at the same time Amare is really flashy player, there wwouldn't have been nothing like 0-12 for sure...

they kept Hickson... something for their future... but still, they don't have enough minutes to all of these guys...

J-Relo
02-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I do think that Cleveland's disadvantages have become a lot less significant. We lost Hedo (he was the biggest match up problem, not Shard), they got Shaq (does better on Dwight then whatever they had last year, still can't totally stop him like Perk has in the past), they got Jamison (very similar player to Shard) and they have a much better bench (Boobie, Delonte, Moon, Hickson, Varejao, Jaward etc. is significantly better than last year's.

We wont win because of our mismatches like we clearly did last year, we're gonna have to win this year because we're deeper and better. They've clearly addressed their problems/weaknesses.

oh really?

i guess if those series will repeat it will come down to Lebron's cast, Lebron is gonna do it, but the cast has to step up, they have better cast now...

HouRealCoach
02-23-2010, 10:55 AM
They have just been trying to work Mo Will, West and Jamison into the rotation... Magic isnt better

Raph12
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Can the Cavs defeat the Magic? Sure anything is possible; will they beat the Magic in a 7-game series? Doubt it.

I got Magic in 6 games in the ECFs again, it will be harder and they will grit it out, but I got the Magic over them... Lebron will just have wait until he gets to NYC to play with Stat. ;)

Raph12
02-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Or if Z plays he reduces Shaqs work load making him more effective in those minutes

Doubt Z gets much minutes if Dwight's going off, unless Shaq's in foul trouble.

Dwight scored 21 in three quarters, if he's producing like that, they'll double him with or without Shaq as they showed in the fourth.

Knowledge
02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I dont think it matters who they have if they are going to continue to let their 4th quarter offense be Lebron vs everyone else. No else touches the ball, no one is cutting or moving, and Lebron might call for a pick every now and then.