PDA

View Full Version : NBA Power Rankings: UTAH JAZZ #1?

td0tsfinest
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/powerrankings/02/22/week17/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

No moment of Utah's 17-2 stretch can top Sundiata Gaines' game-winner to beat the Cavs, but Sunday's comeback in Portland was as impressive as it gets. The Jazz have won seven straight on the road, holding their opponents to 39 percent shooting.

Do you guys think the Utah Jazz have now put themselves in the conversation of the best teams in the league?

They are on a tremendous hot streak but they're still 5.5 games back of the Lakers in the west.

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
They could end up with the 2 seed, but I don't understand giving away a guy like Brewer. I think that will hurt them.

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
That same article also has OKC at #4. Do you really believe they are a top 5 team?

DaBUU
02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Dallas>Boston
Toronto>Boston
Atlanta>Boston

So this list is a joke

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Dallas>Boston
Toronto>Boston
Atlanta>Boston

So this list is a joke

I know, they have the Bulls ranked ahead of the Spurs, Hornets, Grizz, Rockets and Bobcats

shep33
02-22-2010, 05:16 PM
They could end up with the 2 seed, but I don't understand giving away a guy like Brewer. I think that will hurt them.

That Brewer trade was horrible... If people had watched the playoffs the last 2 years, Brewer was basically the only guy on Utah that could guard Kobe and make him work. If they play the Lakers i think they're done in 5 maybe 6 max.

deuces
02-22-2010, 05:22 PM
raps crack the top 10,finally getting some love, but i hate these power rankings clevland on a 3 game loosing steak and they are 3 while the thunder on a 9 game winning streak and are 4.

same with the mvp,kobe still #3 even though he has not been playing. I kinda understand the reasoning the writer has, but a true mvp candidate can jump back into the top 10, just give some other people a chance to get recognized for their good season

td0tsfinest
02-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I know, they have the Bulls ranked ahead of the Spurs, Hornets, Grizz, Rockets and Bobcats

lol. The guy you quoted is saying that those 3 teams a better than the Celtics but are ranked lower than the C's in the Power Rankings.

I am assuming your a boston fan.

Cool007
02-22-2010, 05:48 PM

Do you disagree? Why?

Bulls have been one of the hottest team since Christmas (after that Kings game fiasco). Bulls also have just won 8 of the last 10 games on the Road. Playing much better ball than those teams you just listed.

DaBUU
02-22-2010, 06:06 PM

that part of the list is good

tredigs
02-22-2010, 06:17 PM
raps crack the top 10,finally getting some love, but i hate these power rankings clevland on a 3 game loosing steak and they are 3 while the thunder on a 9 game winning streak and are 4.

same with the mvp,kobe still #3 even though he has not been playing. I kinda understand the reasoning the writer has, but a true mvp candidate can jump back into the top 10, just give some other people a chance to get recognized for their good season

This is still an overall list, not who has been better the past 2 weeks. That is taken into account heavily, but making the team with the best record in the league as low as #3, when they have won both games soundly against the team who is ranked #2 is already pushing it. Losing 3 straight close games to playoff bound teams while adjusting to a new team dynamic is not very significant.

--Can someone link the page on NBA.com that has their current MVP candidates order? I can't seem to find it.

Kakaroach
02-22-2010, 06:19 PM
We have won 17 of our last 19. Damn straight we should be #1.

heathonater
02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
i still think denver is ahead of utah, despite watching that comeback on portland last night. carmelo anthony and billups is a very difficult match up for any team in the playoffs. but the jazz have seen a rejuvenated boozer, and williams is putting up another big year. the jazz will be dangerous team in the playoffs.

td0tsfinest
02-22-2010, 06:34 PM
This is still an overall list, not who has been better the past 2 weeks. That is taken into account heavily, but making the team with the best record in the league as low as #3, when they have won both games soundly against the team who is ranked #2 is already pushing it. Losing 3 straight close games to playoff bound teams while adjusting to a new team dynamic is not very significant.

--Can someone link the page on NBA.com that has their current MVP candidates order? I can't seem to find it.

MVP Ranking as of Feb 19th (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/02/19/racetomvp.week16/index.html)

king4day
02-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Imagine they did trade Boozer? That coulda been the end for Deron. Imagine playing for a team that's as hot as they are and then ownership saying, "ok we're gonna get rid of a key piece for some picks".
I have a hard time putting anyone else in the league of LA, Orlando, and Cleveland. Boston, Utah, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta are the next tier.
We'll see how they do now if they play any of the top teams in the near future.

Macedonian
02-22-2010, 07:40 PM
The Raptors are only 8th????
Behind Boston, Utah and Oklahoma???
This is a joke!?:confused:

ko8e24
02-22-2010, 07:44 PM
lol no, they got their 9 game winning streak snapped by the Kobe-less Lakers, in fact, got dominated at home before they went on this other mini winning streak. They definitely top 5 in the power rankings, but definitely not first

GoatMilk
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
i dont think they should be above the lakers

the lakers beat a red hot jazz team without Kobe, IN UTAH
i thikn they had a 9 game win streak

that was 1 week ago

jimbobjarree
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
The Raptors are only 8th????
Behind Boston, Utah and Oklahoma???
This is a joke!?:confused:

I doubt you could give me one reason as to why the Raptors should be ahead of Utah

we've won 17 in 19, no **** we're number one, my only concern is keeping this up. Its not as if we are on hot form, its just that we've worked out how to play on the road, and how to grind games out when we're not playing well, like last night. I just hope we havnt hit our stride a month too early.

Macedonian
02-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I doubt you could give me one reason as to why the Raptors should be ahead of Utah.
lol... I was just kidding!:)
Actually, I'm more than happy with the recognition that the Raps are getting and with the 8th place on the list!

jimbobjarree
02-22-2010, 08:18 PM
yes thank god you guys turned it around, and the Bulls. Your poor starts to the season had the Knicks telling us our pick would be 15th at best lol, look at it now.

Vinny642
02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
:clap:
Congrats to the Jazz

MacFitz92
02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I think the Mavs are the best team now with their new lineup, and if you've seen them play you wouldn't argue it.

Who deserves to be #1 on the list for now? The Lakers, duh.

MacFitz92
02-22-2010, 08:41 PM
But, to be honest, who gives a hell about some power rankings.

We'll find out playoff time who the best team really is.

gauth25
02-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Hahaha they definitely are not a contender in the West. Last time I checked, the Lakers beat them badly without Kobe and Bynum playing so no they are not worthy of that status.

BADizzleBoY
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Do you disagree? Why?

Bulls have been one of the hottest team since Christmas (after that Kings game fiasco). Bulls also have just won 8 of the last 10 games on the Road. Playing much better ball than those teams you just listed.

Says the Bull fan.

Shady66
02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
I think ATL is too high. They just lost 2 in a row to the suns and blew a big lead against GS. Suns should switch spots

JJ_JKidd
02-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I have no prob w/ that. Them and OKC are the hottest teams right now.

JJ_JKidd
02-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Celtics are so low. Dang

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
this is a power rank, not an actual rank. zomg this ranking reflects how well the teams have been doing of late.

Meth
02-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Disciplined team.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't think the Jazz or Thunder are legit, but maybe I'll watch them more before I pass some judgement on them.

jimbobjarree
02-23-2010, 12:33 AM
tonight no 1st rounders played for the Jazz and we started an all undrafted back court lol, credit to our scouting and Jerry Sloan's coaching to where this team is today

IversonIsKrazy
02-23-2010, 01:26 AM
the power rankings are evaluated from only the past week, which Utah was undefeated in, so they do deserve to be ranked #1 as they are 10-1 in there past 11 games.

Baller1
02-23-2010, 01:38 AM
I don't think the Jazz or Thunder are legit, but maybe I'll watch them more before I pass some judgement on them.

They both are legit, honestly.

I've always been riding with Deron Williams as a better PG than Chris Paul, and I still stand by that. Boozer and Millsap are both bangers, and they're all coached by one of the best in Sloan. Legit.

Future star PG and stat machine in Russell Westbrook. Lockdown defensive force in Thabo Sefalosha. 21 year old scoring machine and leader of the team in Kevin Durant. An all-around player who just knows how to play the game in Jeff Green. Legit.

You should start watching these two teams if you get the chance; win or lose, these teams are going to give you a fun game to watch night in and night out.

soonabooma
02-23-2010, 01:38 AM

What all teams would you consider legit?

soonabooma
02-23-2010, 01:41 AM
They both are legit, honestly.

I've always been riding with Deron Williams as a better PG than Chris Paul, and I still stand by that. Boozer and Millsap are both bangers, and they're all coached by one of the best in Sloan. Legit.

Future star PG and stat machine in Russell Westbrook. Lockdown defensive force in Thabo Sefalosha. 21 year old scoring machine and leader of the team in Kevin Durant. An all-around player who just knows how to play the game in Jeff Green. Legit.

You should start watching these two teams if you get the chance; win or lose, these teams are going to give you a fun game to watch night in and night out.

Sorry man, I respect your opinion.....but there's no way Deron is not a better PG than Chris Paul.;)

Baller1
02-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Sorry man, I respect your opinion.....but there's no way Deron is not a better PG than Chris Paul.;)

Don't worry about it. No one agrees with me, but I can take the heat. I just like Deron as a player better.

_KB24_
02-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Utah deserves it.

Powers of the West:

Lakers
Denver
Dallas/Utah
Spurs
OKC
Portland