PDA

View Full Version : Does Rasheed Wallace Suck?

ChiSox219
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Rasheed is currently second in the NBA in 3 point attemps, adjusted for minutes and pace. Basically he jacks more threes than anyone not named Danilo and incredibly Sheed is shooting just .284 from behind the arc. Rarely does he ever make his way past the free throw line so that's explains his abysmal offensive rebound rate. On defense, well sometimes he tries, but more and more he is becoming a liability. Only Scalabrine has a lower Net Defensive Rating for Boston and he doesn't get regular minutes. In fact, Rasheed has rated as bad as KG rates good, as Rasheed Net DRating is 5.96 and KG is -5.42.

Discuss...

bigsams50
02-22-2010, 11:45 AM
If he would stop shooting so many threes he wouldnt be that bad. But everytime i watch a celtics game and he's in he's behind the arc.

DLeeicious
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Rasheed has always been a crafty smart player who got away with half *** - ing everything. Well he can't half *** anymore and be as successful as he used to be. It he played hard he would have been a top 10-15 player in his prime but he just never cared enough.

As for the shooting I don't really know how to explain the terrible 3 point shooting, I have been scratching my head about that all year.

Yes, he does suck right now.

jim51990
02-22-2010, 11:59 AM
as a celtics fan who watches almost every game yes he is horrible

TheWatcher34
02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
his lackadaisical attitude sucks.

69centers
02-22-2010, 12:02 PM
I like how Boston fans complain about him, but he's still got the best stats of any bench player we've had in the 3 years. If he were some no name player with these stats, we'd say we have a great bench player. Because he's Sheed, he's awful.

Yes, he puts up too many threes, but if you watch games lately, you will know he hasn't taken as many lately as he did earlier in the year. He has been posting up more. His defense is still very good.

Jay22Redd
02-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Seems like he just doesnt feel like playing everytime I watch a Celtics game

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 12:04 PM
He has been lazy his whole career. He could have been one of the best PF's of his era but doesn't play hard all the time. The last 3 years he has been average. He also gets taken out of the game mentally because of all the T's he picks up.

bahama0811
02-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Yesterday in the game vs. the Nuggets he looked decent when posting up. Only problem is that he only posted up two times. Other than that he just stood out by the three-point line. He just needs to understand that he's not a great three-point shooter. He needs to post up a whole lot more.

TheDetroitBlue
02-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Good in Detroit now not so much

ChiSox219
02-22-2010, 12:08 PM
I like how Boston fans complain about him, but he's still got the best stats of any bench player we've had in the 3 years. If he were some no name player with these stats, we'd say we have a great bench player. Because he's Sheed, he's awful.

Yes, he puts up too many threes, but if you watch games lately, you will know he hasn't taken as many lately as he did earlier in the year. He has been posting up more. His defense is still very good.

Leon Powe was a great bench player.

Sheed hasn't played up to the level of even an average player there are a lot of "no name" players coming off the bench and contributing more.

I agree with everyone that says it looks like he's disinterested, hopefully he's just waiting for the playoffs.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 12:11 PM
he must not be high enough when he's playing this year. I miss the good ol' days of Rasheed, the portland rasheed.

Super.
02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Lets rephrase the question...

Does Rasheed Wallace suck at 3's? Without a doubt the man does.

In the post? He can beat almost ANYONE when he's down low. Does he stay down low? no, he camps out at the arc looking to jack up bricks. That is Sheeds issue

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Everytime Sheed posted up Birdman or Nene or Kenyon in yesterdays game, He scored.

1-800-STFU
02-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Yesterday in the game vs. the Nuggets he looked decent when posting up. Only problem is that he only posted up two times. Other than that he just stood out by the three-point line. He just needs to understand that he's not a great three-point shooter. He needs to post up a whole lot more.

Thats like telling the sky to stop being blue

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:24 PM
give him some slack his career dictates that we give him this

Storch
02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
The only reason sheed's defense wasn't exposed in detroit is because tayshaun and ben covered his *** every single time the ball went towards him on defense.

td0tsfinest
02-22-2010, 01:42 PM
A lot of analysts and coaches always ponder why Rasheed never made more plays down low.

I think he has a better post game than he does a 3pt game and he needs to get down there more often.

BlondeBomber41
02-22-2010, 02:15 PM

The guy is 6-11 and shoots 40% and 28% from beyond the arc. Thats just god awful. If his defense is really still good then they need to tell that guy to only take wide open shots and layups and to stop shooting. Otherwise he is just hurting the team.

xxcubs22xx
02-22-2010, 02:22 PM
A lot of analysts and coaches always ponder why Rasheed never made more plays down low.

I think he has a better post game than he does a 3pt game and he needs to get down there more often.

agreed.

And thats just one of the reasons why Sheed sucks.

I've even seen him airball a few threes this year. wtf?

Derick713
02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
He seems so out of shape. It's amazing to see how well Shaq is playing at his age compared to players like Wallace, McDyess, Carter, and etc. Shaq is nearly ungaurdable down low as he always is. If he was a little younger his defense would be even better.

alencp3
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
BIG time

Jaji
02-22-2010, 02:57 PM
LOL @ this thread title.

Sheed doesn't suck though. He's just getting old and he's kind of out of place in Boston. his minutes per game is at an all time low.

jojoe1188
02-22-2010, 03:01 PM
as other people have said he needs to post up more, he has great moves on the block that he under utilizes.......his defense scares the **** out of me tho he gets burned far too often

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Does he suck? No

Does he jack up wayyyy too many threes? Yes

Jaji
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Sheed could easily be the GOAT if he just gave a fukc.

unwantedplayer
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Thats like telling the sky to stop being blue

No, not really. Eventually he will realize that he's better at the post than jacking up 3's.

1-800-STFU
02-22-2010, 04:29 PM
No, not really. Eventually he will realize that he's better at the post than jacking up 3's.

No, he wont.

He hasn't his whole career almost and he wont change now.

td0tsfinest
02-22-2010, 04:43 PM

lol what? :eyebrow:

The guy has been in the league for 17 seasons, he's 35 years old and still hasn't realize he's better at the post.

DLeeicious
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM

:laugh:

Be patient it's not like he has been in the league for 20 years, he will learn in time his strengths!

Jaji
02-22-2010, 04:48 PM
:laugh2:

J-Relo
02-22-2010, 04:51 PM
he has huge problems, but you know what? i guess

HE DOESN'T CARE

tc2deuce
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
he has destroyed the locker room and this season for the Celtics

Philly Hammer
02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
I think we all know Sheed is declining it's normal with players his age.

Philly Hammer
02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
he has destroyed the locker room and this season for the CelticsHow?

unwantedplayer
02-23-2010, 09:45 PM
:laugh:

Be patient it's nohttp://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=12393620t like he has been in the league for 20 years, he will learn in time his strengths!

lol what? :eyebrow:

The guy has been in the league for 17 seasons, he's 35 years old and still hasn't realize he's better at the post.

Right... here are his 3 point percentages over his career:

and this year he is shooting .284 %

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rasheed_wallace/career_stats.html

Now, some seasons are downright awful, others are not as bad. If you look at his stats, a little less than 1/2 of his shots this season are from the 3 point line ALONE. Other seasons are nowhere close. It just take a little bit of research to understand he took better shots in the past.

runforrestrunx9
02-23-2010, 10:06 PM

i think he gets more recognition because he is sheed... if u had a bench player who put up the third most 3s in the league and he was shooting 28%, there is no way you would be saying hes good

Kakaroach
02-23-2010, 10:34 PM
50% of his shots are threes lol. He doesn't suck, he is just taking wayyyy too many threes.

He still plays solid defense from what I've seen. And can score in the post.

Daze9900
02-23-2010, 10:35 PM
What I don't understand is why the 3's so much when you have Ray Ray on your team? Could help his post game. He's still good at it and having Ray on one side could lead to more single coverage. Boggles my mind.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2010, 11:44 PM
yes. He has choosen to follow the Antoine Walker career path. He was never really that good, and now he is really bad. I thought it would be a decent signing for the Celtics, to give KG time off. It has turned out to be a terrible signing. At this point he isn't even an average NBA player

levignjw
02-24-2010, 12:02 AM
As a Piston's fan I dealt with this for years. If Sheed actually took the time and energy to play down low on the post, he would be one of the best in the game. But, he's too lazy and likes roaming the perimeter all game long instead. So yes, he sucks.

bagwell368
02-24-2010, 12:06 AM

You're looking at the wrong stats. Powe and Posey were much better then Sheed back in 2007-08.

I don't care what his name is. He is overpaid, soft, aging, and basically sucks unless he decides to play D and go low post, which is about 3 out of every 13 games.

bagwell368
02-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Lets rephrase the question...

Does Rasheed Wallace suck at 3's? Without a doubt the man does.

In the post? He can beat almost ANYONE when he's down low. Does he stay down low? no, he camps out at the arc looking to jack up bricks. That is Sheeds issue

No, it's the Coach's issue, the other members of the team, GM, and ultimately the fans.