PDA

View Full Version : Antawn Jamison Likely To Move Into Starting Lineup

JordansBulls
02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Link (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/rivals_likely_to_make_a_bid_fo.html)

Jamison headed to starting lineup?

Antawn Jamison scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half of Sunday's loss to the Magic. The difference to his first three halves as a Cav -- when he went just 2-of-17 shooting -- was that he started the second half Sunday at power forward.

Mike Brown had Jamison come off the bench in his first two games with the team in an attempt to ease the transition. Jamison hasn't been able to practice or even take part in a shootaround yet. But there plenty of signs that he may soon replace J.J. Hickson in the starting lineup.

"At the end of the day, he's probably going to be a starter for us, he's a starter in this league," Brown said. "I've just got to figure things out and we're in the process of doing that right now."

The decision to start Jamison in the second half was made in the locker room and the Cavs ran the first play of the half for him. He scored and then scored on the next three possessions to lead an 8-0 run.

"Shaq [O'Neal] kind of got in my ear and told me to be aggressive," Jamison said. "LeBron [James] suggested to run the first play of the half for me and once I did that I started to get into a rhythm and started to feel comfortable. I wouldn't say it was starting."

Jamison was being pragmatic. It seems it is only a matter of time before he starts.

"He's always been a starter and it showed when started in the second half and he gained confidence from that," James said. "'Tawn eventually will be our starter. No disrespect to J.J., I think J.J.'s a great player. But J.J.'s athleticism and worth ethic would be great off the bench. You'd have two energy guys come off the bench and that would help us a lot."

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Its only a matter of time. Jamison definitely belongs there

J-Relo
02-22-2010, 11:20 AM
his debut was... :facepalm: this game a lot better :clap: i hope he is gonna be more consistent as he finds his spot in the team

bigsams50
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
If he continues to play like last night he deserves it

Raidaz4Life
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
There is no reason a player of his caliber should not be in the starting lineup.

J-Relo
02-22-2010, 11:28 AM
There is no reason a player of his caliber should not be in the starting lineup.

better rotation, match-ups...

Ginobili?

Bob_at_york
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
better rotation, match-ups...

Ginobili?

Exactly. I was going to say, his scoring off the bench and his leadership could be helpful. He becomes a third option in the starting lineup.

But honestly in the end, I don't think it matters if he starts or not. When he gets use to his new teammates he will be fine if he continues to play over 32 mpg.

JordansBulls
02-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Who is the 2nd option?

Bob_at_york
02-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Who is the 2nd option?

Shaq? They need to give him touches do they not?

Raph12
02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Idk about that, maybe it means something to him mentally, but if you could get a 20ppg guy off the bench for 30+mins a night, that's a pretty big spark off the bench... He'd be a SMOY candidate for sure.

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Jamison= bust

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:35 PM
he can't play defense and you guys are missing Z

prodigy
02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
He started the 3rd Q and played alot better. So no question he needs to be put back in the rotation.

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 12:40 PM
He started the 3rd Q and played alot better. So no question he needs to be put back in the rotation.

He is in the rotation.

prodigy
02-22-2010, 12:42 PM
He is in the rotation.

starting rotation duhhhhhhhh.

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 12:44 PM
starting rotation duhhhhhhhh.

That doesn't make sense. Starters don't have a rotation.

td0tsfinest
02-22-2010, 12:44 PM
I think its a great move of keeping Jamison on the bench. The Cavs have a lot of high energy guys coming off the bench but don't have a consistent scorer.

It gives the Cavs better rotation and better matchups to start of games.

prodigy
02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
That doesn't make sense. Starters don't have a rotation.

Lame:eyebrow:

no better things to do then nit pick?

Starting 5.

TheKing23
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Can't wait to see how he plays after a couple of practices and shootarounds. Starting him is definitely the best option...

FlakeyFool
02-22-2010, 02:45 PM
He is in the rotation.

:facepalm:

xbrackattackx
02-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Wow,That was a given, Hickson really starting over him. What a joke.

Melo15
02-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah he should definately be in the starting lineup. What I don't get was why Jamario Moon didn't play yesterday, the guy has been a huge sparkplug for them off the bench all year and has helped them a lot defensively. They need to figure out their entire rotation again now that Jamison is in the mix.

DCstruggles03
02-22-2010, 04:14 PM
twan definitely deserves to be in the starting lineup for the Cavs, he was at one time the SMOY and he could definitely fill that roll if the guy ahead of him was putting up big time numbers but JJ has only scored in double figures 15 times this year while twan averages a double double. its clear to me who should be starting

J-Relo
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
he will get it, he deservesi but not last game! c'mon! after 0-12 you would let your guy start? it's not that he went 0-12 it's that he is a totally new addition... let him adapt

Jaji
02-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Pretty obvious move to me. He's the best 4 on the team besides LeBron but he's too busy playing the 3.

shep33
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I agree with what some analysts have been saying though. If they get Z back, how are you gonna balance minutes between Shaq, Z, Hickson, Varajao, and Jamison. IMO the Cavs are best when Varajao is on the court, and if they take minutes away from him i think it makes them worse defensively. The guy is annoying and gets in a lot of peoples heads, while making all the little plays that really change outcomes of games.