PDA

View Full Version : Hope Mcgrady continues his play and that Amare goes to the NYK next season

JordansBulls
02-21-2010, 10:55 PM
It would be good for the NBA to have a marquee franchise like the Knicks as an elite team next season. Mcgrady is 30 and Amare is 28. It would make the Knicks elite for the next 3-4 years.

Also I would love to see in the East the marquee franchise's elite. NYK, Bos, Chi.

Not sure if all 3 were ever elite other than in 1992.

Kakaroach
02-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Basketball in New York is religion. It would be great for it to be great there, but I don't get the whole "big market city so awesome" argument at all. I mean how about the Spurs or the Jazz?

redsox0717
02-21-2010, 10:59 PM
How would McGrady and Amar'e make the Knicks "elite"? Amar'e is playing with one of the best players in the NBA in Nash and the Suns aren't elite. McGrady also needs to prove that he can regain his form, one good half is a very, very small sample size.

DerekRE_3
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Basketball in New York is religion. It would be great for it to be great there, but I don't get the whole "big market city so awesome" argument at all. I mean how about the Spurs or the Jazz?

It might be just me, but I absolutely hate it when small market teams lose a marquee player to free agency to a big market team.

ManRam
02-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah. I don't think most fans really are hoping to settle for Amare and T-Mac. They have their eyes on bigger and better targets...and rightfully so.

Tony_Starks
02-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Keep in mind there's a huge chance Amare may just take his player option, get his money, and become a FA in 2011. He stands to walk away from 17 milli if he opts out and there's no gaurantee he'll make that kind of money again. He's already made comments suggesting this.

_KB24_
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM
I really feel for the fans in NYC. They are hands-down the most passionate. It's a crime that they haven't been among the elite for so long. Like Marbury has said, "Kids in New York don't got baseball, football, or soccer to look to, Basketball is the only option." I was hoping Nash would sign there, and now T-mac, and Amare next season.....HOLY SHITn:speechless:

GCOOKIE7
02-21-2010, 11:37 PM
McGrady funkin' blows. That would not make them elite at all. They'd need a lot more talent to contend.

Giaps
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Speaking as a Knicks fan, I wouldn't be happy with that outcome if that were it...

I'd rather have Lee at the number he will get instead of Amare at the number he will get.
I'd take McGrady at a discount for sure if he can stay healthy.
And adding a 3rd FA would be great. Still might have max money available after Lee + McGrady sign.

Hustla23
02-21-2010, 11:43 PM
LOL :laugh:

You actually make this sound like you want some good for New York.

How about this.

I HOPE that the Knicks sign Lebron and Bosh and create a dynasty for the next decade, not for the next 3-4 years.

:laugh:

ldc62
02-21-2010, 11:45 PM
How would McGrady and Amar'e make the Knicks "elite"? Amar'e is playing with one of the best players in the NBA in Nash and the Suns aren't elite. McGrady also needs to prove that he can regain his form, one good half is a very, very small sample size.

+1

People aren't giving enough credit to Nash. Marion is a great example of what happens when you play with Nash [and then not play with Nash]. McGrady and Amar'e is definitely a combo Knicks fans don't wanna see. It could get you a playoff spot (6-8 seed), but after so many years of losing, is that all the Knicks fans want? I thought they wanted a dynasty with Lebron and Bosh.

Fool
02-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't think Amare and McGrady automatically make New York an elite franchise. I'll have to see the other 6 players they sign...

homestarunner93
02-21-2010, 11:52 PM
JB, why do you love T-Mac so much? I mean, I've always liked him, but I can't figure out your infatuation with him.

superkegger
02-21-2010, 11:52 PM
dude, mcgrady is awesome.

TheShock45
02-21-2010, 11:53 PM
don't people listen to McGrady, he said he would like to stay at a discount if the Knicks make things happen.
With that being said that means that everything the Knicks wanted HAS to happen.

Lebron signs to the Knicks for the Max, Bosh or Amare Signs with the Knicks for the Max and then T-Mac will probly sign for the mid level exception (which i heard on the sports channel in philly that its at 7 mill next year)

and then they'll just go find pieces that can do something for the minimum.

you'll have something like a starting lineup of this a random point guard like Chris Duhon,Earl Watson or Speedy Claxton, T-Mac, Lebron, Bosh/Amare, and a center line Francisco Elson.

and then a bench of players like Juwan Howard, Kyle Korver, Theo Ratliff, just one dimensional players who are either at the end of there career or having bad years.

My thoughts are if the Knicks do get two of the top free agents and keep McGrady, Do you keep D'Antoni??? why not go out and get a coach who runs a solid allaround team like Avery Johnson.

GCOOKIE7
02-21-2010, 11:57 PM
^^^Off topic but that chick in ur sig is hideous. She looks like a man.

Draco
02-22-2010, 12:00 AM
It would be good for the NBA to have a marquee franchise like the Knicks as an elite team next season

Why?

FlakeyFool
02-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't like this thread

NYK_kidd77
02-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Can i ask why someone would hope for amare??

superkegger
02-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Can i ask why someone would hope for amare??

because he and tmac together would make the knicks elite.

NYK_kidd77
02-22-2010, 12:09 AM

I really dont think so maybe T-mac 6 years ago.

superkegger
02-22-2010, 12:11 AM
I really dont think so maybe T-mac 6 years ago.

no man, tmac is back. He's awesome. Don't hate on greatness bro.

NYK_kidd77
02-22-2010, 12:13 AM
no man, tmac is back. He's awesome. Don't hate on greatness bro.

I'm not hating on him at all i hope he does make a come back but i can't ignore the fact that he has a bum knee.

Meth
02-22-2010, 12:25 AM
o_o

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 12:25 AM

I hope the Knicks keep T-Mac and get Amare as well. That way the Bulls have a better chance at getting either LeBron, Wade, or Bosh. Any one of those paired with Rose would take the Knicks with T-Mac and Amare any day.

superkegger
02-22-2010, 12:28 AM
I hope the Knicks keep T-Mac and get Amare as well. That way the Bulls have a better chance at getting either LeBron, Wade, or Bosh. Any one of those paired with Rose would take the Knicks with T-Mac and Amare any day.

where would they take them?

I know a great burger joing, you think I should suggest it to them?

NYK_kidd77
02-22-2010, 12:29 AM

I hope the Bulls get boozer :D

superkegger
02-22-2010, 12:31 AM
I think if the knicks can get arenas, to pair with tmac and amare, they'd be unstoppable. because once gil's contract is voided, i bet he'll want redemption, and playing alongside a great sg like tmac would be great for him.

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
It would be good for the NBA to have a marquee franchise like the Knicks as an elite team next season. Mcgrady is 30 and Amare is 28. It would make the Knicks elite for the next 3-4 years.

Also I would love to see in the East the marquee franchise's elite. NYK, Bos, Chi.

Lol. You just hope the Bulls get Wade or Bosh and not Tmac. You don't care what the Knics get and niether do I.:)

NYK_kidd77
02-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Lol. You just hope the Bulls get Wade or Bosh and not Tmac. You don't care what the Knics get and niether do I.:)

At least your honest lol much props.

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 12:43 AM
where would they take them?

I know a great burger joing, you think I should suggest it to them?

Sorry you didn't understand. I meant the Bulls would then take the Knicks to the land of morbid, horrible sports franchises on their way to resembling the Bulls of the 90's.

Basically, Knicks would keep on sucking and the Bulls would rise to the top of the East.

superkegger
02-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Sorry you didn't understand. I meant the Bulls would then take the Knicks to the land of morbid, horrible sports franchises on their way to resembling the Bulls of the 90's.

Basically, Knicks would keep on sucking and the Bulls would rise to the top of the East.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I totally had no idea what you were saying, lol. thnx.

But I think you underestimate Tmac. Tmac is the bomb. He's back bro. He's gonna return to elite status man. He's got that fire cuz. Just you wait homey

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Oh, thanks for clarifying. I totally had no idea what you were saying, lol. thnx.

But I think you underestimate Tmac. Tmac is the bomb. He's back bro. He's gonna return to elite status man. He's got that fire cuz. Just you wait homey

What do you base this theory of yours on? A hunch? One game played with the Knicks?

His numbers have gone down in consistently since 2007. He has only played more than 70 games in a season twice since 2003. I am just curious if you're just hoping this is true or actually think so....

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-22-2010, 01:00 AM
cool

superkegger
02-22-2010, 01:01 AM
What do you base this theory of yours on? A hunch? One game played with the Knicks?

His numbers have gone down in consistently since 2007. He has only played more than 70 games in a season twice since 2003. I am just curious if you're just hoping this is true or actually think so....

Don't question my basketball knowledge. Tmac is awesome. Don't doubt him. Or me. Or Tmac. Or my basketball knowledge. Or me.

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Don't question my basketball knowledge. Tmac is awesome. Don't doubt him. Or me. Or Tmac. Or my basketball knowledge. Or me.

I have serious doubt in McGrady....and am starting to doubt your b-ball knowledge a bit. Sorry man.

Evolution23
02-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Lets put it this way Those are not our main priorities.. If all else fails which is unlikely, then mcgrady and Amare can sign.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 01:07 AM

He'll have that fire for about 15 minutes until he gets injured again

superkegger
02-22-2010, 01:08 AM
I have serious doubt in McGrady....and am starting to doubt your b-ball knowledge a bit. Sorry man.

Why would you doubt the great Tracy McGrady? He's awesome. Clearly you don't know anything about anything. (Because if you did, you'd know this is clearly a ****ing joke. But I guess you were skull ****ed as a child. And that's not your fault that you have parents that are real sick ****s. But still, it's not that hard to see clearly I'm in no way serious. Even on the internet. Do you have down syndrome or something?)

wudadoda
02-22-2010, 01:08 AM
poor fans of new york knicks and t-mac taking you all to the next level. t-mac has proved he could be a great player in the league, however he lacks the passion. If only he has the will/heart/determination/work ethics of kobe or allen iverson he could take a team to the next level. McGrady will be solid in NY for all of two years. After two years he wont have that passion to play as hard as he should. Good luck thinking Tmac will be around 3-4 years on a high level. He suffers from basketball A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder) T-mac will only be as great as tmac is willing to play..check how well he has done on teams he has played for. the first couple seasons are always the best

NYK_kidd77
02-22-2010, 01:13 AM
poor fans of new york knicks and t-mac taking you all to the next level. t-mac has proved he could be a great player in the league, however he lacks the passion. If only he has the will/heart/determination/work ethics of kobe or allen iverson he could take a team to the next level. McGrady will be solid in NY for all of two years. After two years he wont have that passion to play as hard as he should. Good luck thinking Tmac will be around 3-4 years on a high level. He suffers from basketball A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder) T-mac will only be as great as tmac is willing to play..check how well he has done on teams he has played for. the first couple seasons are always the best

What he really lacks is a pair of good legs.

bleedprple&gold
02-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Keep in mind there's a huge chance Amare may just take his player option, get his money, and become a FA in 2011. He stands to walk away from 17 milli if he opts out and there's no gaurantee he'll make that kind of money again. He's already made comments suggesting this.

You're right, if he opts out and someone gives him a max contract, he won't make 17 mill his first year, but he make more than that towards the end of the contract. Besides, the point of opting out is to secure a long-term deal (guaranteed money), in case he were to get injured. I think he will opt out this year because lots of teams have cap space to pay him what he wants, so he may not make as much for one year, but he will have long-term security. Plus if a team like the Knicks can't get Lebron, or Wade, or Bosh, you know they will throw all their money at Amare because they under no circumstances can they come up empty this summer, even if it means overpaying somebody.

heyman321
02-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Lmao all this time I thought that was the Bulls mod talking, but I realized it's superkegger all this time except for the first post

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Why would you doubt the great Tracy McGrady? He's awesome. Clearly you don't know anything about anything. (Because if you did, you'd know this is clearly a ****ing joke. But I guess you were skull ****ed as a child. And that's not your fault that you have parents that are real sick ****s. But still, it's not that hard to see clearly I'm in no way serious. Even on the internet. Do you have down syndrome or something?)

wow, creative that you type that in white so nobody can see. Now we can all see you for who you really are. On top of that, making fun of people with down syndrome too. Should be a little more careful before you go decide to type that in white.

superkegger
02-22-2010, 01:43 AM
wow, creative that you type that in white so nobody can see. Now we can all see you for who you really are. On top of that, making fun of people with down syndrome too. Should be a little more careful before you go decide to type that in white.

Is that you trig?

I think most people who know me, know I'm an *******.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Is that you trig?

I think most people who know me, know I'm an *******.

nope, not trig, but good for you on being known as an *******

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 10:15 AM

I just thought this was a place for semi-serious sports chatter. I thought you knew that too, so I assumed truly thought McGrady would take the Knicks places. Apparently, you have no valid thoughts about anything because you joke (supposedly) and then you offend. Way to go Captain Crapper. No wonder you average 17 posts a day, it's all crap. (No offense to those that have 17 posts a day and they are good stuff....keep it up!).

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Lets put it this way Those are not our main priorities.. If all else fails which is unlikely, then mcgrady and Amare can sign.

That isn't a bad consolation prize, especially since Amare clearly played his best under D'Antoni.

pebloemer
02-22-2010, 10:54 AM

I know he has mentioned this, but honestly I don't see him waiting to see how the CBA discussions progress next season as he stands to lose a lot more over a longer term that way.

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 11:02 AM

Assuming McGrady re-signs in the offseason. But you are right, the NBA clearly benefits when the Knicks are relevant. It certainly seems like McGrady and Amare would put up CRAZY numbers in DAntoni's system (we already have seem Amare do it once).

BTW How is Chicago a marquee franchise? The only time they were good was with Jordan. Yes they have a large market, but a "marquee" franchise im not so sure...

J-Relo
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Amare+McGrady? - Elite team? nope.

they would need one more big piece+nice surrounding cast...

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Assuming McGrady re-signs in the offseason. But you are right, the NBA clearly benefits when the Knicks are relevant. It certainly seems like McGrady and Amare would put up CRAZY numbers in DAntoni's system (we already have seem Amare do it once).

BTW How is Chicago a marquee franchise? The only time they were good was with Jordan. Yes they have a large market, but a "marquee" franchise im not so sure...

Chicago is a marquee franchise due to how important basketball is to the city, the size of the market, the amount of media in market, and the still recent success the Bulls have had.

That being said, I believe the NBA can succeed without its marquee franchises being constant winners. The NBA has grown and gained popularity, as well as upgraded it's overall play on the court, even though the Knicks have won squat.

xbrackattackx
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe Knicks can offer Curry to phoenix for Nash next season when he is expiring, after another half season of him working with Dragic since they will be rebuilding. Send Nash to a contender for his last 2 years.

Nash/Serg
T-mac/House
Lebron/Chandler
Bosh/Gallo
Lee/Camby

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM

Would you then not consider Boston a marquee franchise from basically 91 until 2008 then? We all know how bad you HATE Chicago, but damn, no matter what sport, cities like Chicago, LA, NY, Boston, Dallas will always be marquee franchises. They sell out about every game, have national fan bases, etc.

KnicksorBust
02-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Amare+McGrady? - Elite team? nope.

they would need one more big piece+nice surrounding cast...

I agree. I was jumping out of my seat last game for McGrady but I don't see him as a long-term answer at all. I think he could be the Ray Allen of a big 3 combination but I don't see him as a #1 option and neither is Amare.

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
you need to add a lebron or wade with those 2 to make an elite team

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:20 PM
tmac will come at a veterans min if you add two stars

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
tmac will come at a veterans min if you add two stars

lets not get ahead of ourselves too much here. I would expect him to sign for the mid-level exception way before he signs for the vet minimum.

JOSKOMANG4
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Next season Wish list.. I would love to the Knicks too.

1) Sign A'Mare Stoudamire to a Max-contract(17.8 million)

2) Sign & Trade with C David Lee: Trade David lee to the Bulls for PG Kirk Hinrich & 2010 2nd- draft pick.

3) Trade E.Curry(he'll exercise his option; expiring contract) to Bobcats for PF/SF B.Diaw & 2010 2nd rd pick.

4) IF Tmac says he'll sign with NYK for cheap just to win an NBA championship.. then T-Mac signs 3yr 18mill.

5) Exercise Options for PG Sergio Rodriguez, SF Bill Walker, and SG JR Giddens.

Before the draft Lineup:

C) A'Mare
PF) B.Diaw
SF) D.Gallanari/W.Chandler/Bill Walker
SG) T.Mac/T.Douglass/JR Giddens
PG) K.Hinrich/S.Rodriguez

In the draft they can.. focus on a 2nd PF(backup), C(Backup) & maybe another PG.

This team.. if this actually all happened.. would be very VERy competitive goin into the 2010-2011 season

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Would you then not consider Boston a marquee franchise from basically 91 until 2008 then? We all know how bad you HATE Chicago, but damn, no matter what sport, cities like Chicago, LA, NY, Boston, Dallas will always be marquee franchises. They sell out about every game, have national fan bases, etc.

Obviously Chicago is a huge city with a huge market from fans to media. But the Bulls were bad before Jordan and after Jordan. And Dallas? You have to be kidding me. How are they a marquee franchise? They have made 1 NBA finals appearance in their history and lost it. I think you are confusing large markets with marquee franchises.

29$JerZ
02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
No to Amar'e

He is more explosive then Lee but Lee fits here better as a distributor and efficient scorer.

Joe Johnson, Chris Bosh, LeBron James are all welcomed here though

NYK_kidd77
02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Next season Wish list.. I would love to the Knicks too.

1) Sign A'Mare Stoudamire to a Max-contract(17.8 million)

2) Sign & Trade with C David Lee: Trade David lee to the Bulls for PG Kirk Hinrich & 2010 2nd- draft pick.

3) Trade E.Curry(he'll exercise his option; expiring contract) to Bobcats for PF/SF B.Diaw & 2010 2nd rd pick.

4) IF Tmac says he'll sign with NYK for cheap just to win an NBA championship.. then T-Mac signs 3yr 18mill.

5) Exercise Options for PG Sergio Rodriguez, SF Bill Walker, and SG JR Giddens.

Before the draft Lineup:

C) A'Mare
PF) B.Diaw
SF) D.Gallanari/W.Chandler/Bill Walker
SG) T.Mac/T.Douglass/JR Giddens
PG) K.Hinrich/S.Rodriguez

In the draft they can.. focus on a 2nd PF(backup), C(Backup) & maybe another PG.

This team.. if this actually all happened.. would be very VERy competitive goin into the 2010-2011 season

That would be like waking up christmas morning and finding out you got coal in your stocking.

JordansBulls
02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Obviously Chicago is a huge city with a huge market from fans to media. But the Bulls were bad before Jordan and after Jordan. And Dallas? You have to be kidding me. How are they a marquee franchise? They have made 1 NBA finals appearance in their history and lost it. I think you are confusing large markets with marquee franchises.

Exactly!! The Bulls were a losing organization before MJ and after.

Ripper Gein
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
The BIGGEST myth in the NBA is that the knicks matter!!!

JNA17
02-22-2010, 01:50 PM
i got a question, if t-mac and yao together could not even get past the first round together, what makes t-mac and amare any better at all?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM

Dallas has had a +.600 winning percentage every year of this decade. Even though they haven't won the big one, they still can be considered a marquee franchise, especially given their owners desire to win. They will most likely be a contender and playoff team for quite a while. The team was a disaster in the 90s, but that was a long time ago, and different ownership. I may have confused marquee franchise with large market franchise a bit, but it is rare occurrences that a large franchise team can go as long as the knicks have without being a top franchise, or at least a contender in just about every sport.

still a fan
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
The BIGGEST myth in the NBA is that the knicks matter!!!

You know what I do find amusing about posts like that, is that there are so many posts like that??

If the Knicks didn't matter why all the chatter about a 19 win team?

JordansBulls
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
i got a question, if t-mac and yao together could not even get past the first round together, what makes t-mac and amare any better at all?

Because Amare is a better playoff performer.

NYKnicks4511
02-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Yup, because Derrick Rose is the GOAT and Joakim Noah is the second coming of Hakeem.

Ryno4President
02-22-2010, 09:59 PM

What is your definition or criteria for a franchise marquee?

heathonater
02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
that team wouldn't be the best in the east. if i were a knick fan, i would want more than that from this offseason free agency period. mcgrady couldn't take the west with yao, who is a great big man when healthy. i wouldn't see the knicks making it out of the east with that team. but its a different story if they got lebron and another star on that team.

dodie53
02-22-2010, 11:49 PM
tmac, LBj and Bosh or Amare in NYK.
wow.

JordansBulls
02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
tmac, LBj and Bosh or Amare in NYK.
wow.

Yeah right. Tmac and Amare is considered a good offseason for them.

NYK_kidd77
02-23-2010, 12:34 AM
This thread should be called what Bulls fans would like to see the Knicks get.

JordansBulls
02-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Tmac with 15 last night. He is coming back.

MacFitz92
02-23-2010, 10:09 AM

No, football in Texas is a religion.