PDA

View Full Version : Is Orlando the team to beat in the East?

shep33
02-21-2010, 05:18 PM
As a Knicks/Lakers fan (weird mix hey?), I watch this team play, and man if they play inside out, or run pick and rolls with Lewis/Carter, they could basically be unstoppable. Mark Jackson and JVG brought up some great points about VC, but i mean I have never ever seen a team so deep as this, and it still behooves me that they have the record they do. They showed today that they can play with Cleveland, but in reality they should be the team looking down on everyone else. Down the stretch against the Cavs they were basically unstoppable, cause really if they get any form of penetration they can lob it to howard or kick it out, and the same goes for Howard getting doubled.

What do you guys think? This team on paper is obviously the best in the league, but do you think this team wins the east? And do you think this team goes only as far how VC plays?

bigsams50
02-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Orlando is the team to beat in the East becuase they won the East last year

Mavrix
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Nah they looked pretty beatable to me when Dallas beat them the other day.

DCB/LAL
02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Simply,Yeah they are the Team to beat in the East.

shep33
02-21-2010, 05:27 PM

Yeah true, but a lot of people expect the Cavs to win it this year. IMO Orlando goes as far as VC takes them. If he plays half the game like he did in the final 4 minutes against the Cavs, the Magic are extremely scary. I like how they match up against Boston and Cleveland, but man the Magic are like Jekyl and Hyde, very similar to the Nuggets, but even more talented.

Sox Appeal
02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
It's still Cleveland. They've already beaten Orlando twice this year, while also dominating the rest of the Eastern Conference. They're still trying to incorporate Jamison into their O, and when they do, they'll be head and shoulders above everyone in the conference.

jskeet23
02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Nah they looked pretty beatable to me when Dallas beat them the other day. dallas yall almost lost to jo and beasley by there self last nite your not goin to get a game like that every day from kid

ChiSox219
02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Cleveland
Orlando

ATL
Boston

Charlotte
Chicago

Toronto

Ovratd1up
Maybe after the Bulls...

DCB/LAL
It's still Cleveland. They've already beaten Orlando twice this year, while also dominating the rest of the Eastern Conference. They're still trying to incorporate Jamison into their O, and when they do, they'll be head and shoulders above everyone in the conference.

Orlando had a bad game today and they STILL beat the Cavs even with Lerbron, Shaq and Jamison on their A game.

Orlando is the team to beat NO DOUBT.

td0tsfinest
02-21-2010, 05:30 PM
^ agreed.

I like them alot. Anything less that the ECF is considered a failure.

Mavrix
dallas yall almost lost to jo and beasley by there self last nite your not goin to get a game like that every day from kid

Miami was on a 5 game win streak and Dallas owned the second half :facepalm:

Storch
yes because they won the conference last year

koreancabbage
02-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Cleveland
Orlando

ATL
Boston

Charlotte
Chicago

Toronto

delusional lately?

Cavs
Magic

Celtics
Hawks

Raptors

Chicago
Charlotte
Milwaukee

Sox Appeal
02-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Orlando had a bad game today and they STILL beat the Cavs even with Lerbron, Shaq and Jamison on their A game.

The Magic had (I believe) 6 players score in double-figures. LeBron, Shaq, and Jamison, all struggled in the 4th quarter, something that almost never happens. The Cavaliers didn't play anywhere near their A game, and neither did Orlando. Mo/West/Hickson combined for just 14 points, and when that happens, the Cavs are going to struggle.

Sox Appeal
02-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Cleveland
Orlando

Everyone else. It's a two team race for the Eastern Conference, IMO.

DCB/LAL
02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
The Magic had (I believe) 6 players score in double-figures. LeBron, Shaq, and Jamison, all struggled in the 4th quarter, something that almost never happens. The Cavaliers didn't play anywhere near their A game, and neither did Orlando. Mo/West/Hickson combined for just 14 points, and when that happens, the Cavs are going to struggle.

Oh ok so the Cavs play 3 Great quaters and weren't able to win? Should tell you a little something about just how good Orlando is.

And thats why Orlando is better they have multiple guys who can turn it up in the 4th and the Final minutes.

NYK_kidd77
02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
No right now it's the cavs.

Sox Appeal
02-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Oh ok so the Cavs play 3 Great quaters and weren't able to win? Should tell you a little something about just how good Orlando is.

Then why has Cleveland already beaten them twice this year? I know exactly how good Orlando, and Cleveland both are. And when both of these teams are playing well, Cleveland is the better team, it shouldn't even be debatable. They're still working Jamison into the offense, Mo is still working his way back, and Hickson/West were complete non-factors. That's 4 of Clevelands top 6 guys, that didn't make an impact on the game.

koreancabbage
Cavs or Magic doesn't matter about the rest of the teams. those two teams are the most stacked and have the best depth on the bench of the Eastern Conference teams. 7 game series, they'll eat you alive

Derick713
The Magic are far from being the team to beat in the East. If anything Jamison proved he can give Lewis trouble. Shaq proved he can make Howard work. James proved he can still attack the Magic. Maurice Williams will be the difference for the Cavs if they are to beat to the Magic in the playoffs.

The Cavs will be much better once all the parts come together. Mo Williams has to get back to his normal self. Jamison will get into a nice groove after he gets a few more games under his belt. The Cavs will get Big Z back which means they won't need Varejao to defend Howard. In essence the Cavs will enter the playoffs on a good streak once Big Z returns and the chemistry returns to normal.

The Cavs will still have home court advantage against the Magic in the playoffs. The Magic had a lot of advantages last year that they don’t have this year. Even tough the Magic won it still felt like the Cavs could’ve had the game and that they weren’t out matched. The foul trouble and Mo Williams play were the problems. The Magic had to win this game and they barley did.

dwadefan03
02-21-2010, 05:39 PM
them and cleveland definatley have the most depth but if it came down to it id pick orlando simply beacuse theyre alot younger and more energetixc

ChiSox219
02-21-2010, 05:43 PM
delusional lately?

Cavs
Magic

Celtics
Hawks

Raptors

Chicago
Charlotte
Milwaukee

Defense will get you further in the playoffs than offense. Toronto has a nice offense but they also have the worst defense in the league. Chicago and Charlotte are top 10 defenses.

I don't really need to start another argument with a Raptors fan, I get it you love your team but Bleacher Report summed it up best:

The Toronto Raptors Have No Chance To Win A Title, But They Are Fun To Watch

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Why are people using "Jamison is still getting adjusted in the offense" as an argument. Jamison played his A game today, so how does that argument make any sense.
I feel like if Orlando plays up to their potential they are the team to beat in the East. Only problem is they dont play up to their level most the time.
Jamison, Shaq, and Lebron were playing their beset games today, and still lost. Orlando will go as far as Dwight and VC take them, when they're playing their hardest it opens up oppurtunities for the rest of the team because they draw doubles. While they have a deep team, and Rashard Lewis and Nelson are both obvious threats to any team.

Dwight's offense looked dominant today also, and if Howard is being dominant wth can you do. Nothing. Dominant big men win. I'm not gonna point out who the team to beat in the east is, but I'm confident in the Magic.

gbpackers12
02-21-2010, 05:51 PM
I think the Cavs are the team to beat, but Orlando is the one team that can actually beat them in a 7 game series. IMO, it's a 2 team race in the East: Cavs and Magic.

uncleben989
02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Cleveland
Orlando

ATL
Boston

Charlotte
Chicago

Toronto

lol no

toronto> charlotte, chicago

DCB/LAL
02-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Then why has Cleveland already beaten them twice this year? I know exactly how good Orlando, and Cleveland both are. And when both of these teams are playing well, Cleveland is the better team, it shouldn't even be debatable. They're still working Jamison into the offense, Mo is still working his way back, and Hickson/West were complete non-factors. That's 4 of Clevelands top 6 guys, that didn't make an impact on the game.

Ha oh ok so Vince and Lewis play a good 4th quarter but the Cavs play a good 1-3 quarters and its the Magic who played well?

Just imagine had the Magic played well the whole game, it wouldn't of even been close.

Sox Appeal
02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Ha oh ok so Vince and Lewis play a good 4th quarter but the Cavs play a good 1-3 quarters and its the Magic who played well?

Just imagine had the Magic played well the whole game, it wouldn't of even been close.

Hypocrite much? You could say the EXACT same thing about Cleveland.

Derick713
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Maurice Williams/Delonte West/Daniel Gibson/
Anthony Parker/Jawad Williams/Daniel Green/
LeBron James/Jamario Moon/
Antawn Jamison/Anderson Varejao/Leon Powe/
Shaquille O'Neal/Zydrunas Ilgauskas/JJ Hickson/

The Cavs were at a disadvantage tonight and they were very close to winning the game. It felt like the Cavs had the game and a little hot shooting by the Magic won them the game. The Cavs looked good and they will only get better as Jamison gets more games under his belt. Big Z will also return and that means Varejao doesn't have to play Howard. Leon Powe is also going to return soon and that will allow the Cavs to rest a few players.

The Cavs will still have home court advantage against the Magic in the playoffs. The Magic had a lot of advantages last year that they don’t have this year. Even tough the Magic won it still felt like the Cavs could’ve had the game and that they weren’t out matched. The foul trouble and Mo Williams play were the problems. The Magic had to win this game and they barley did.

avrpatsfan
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM

Orlando is the team to beat NO DOUBT.

This

Derick713
02-21-2010, 05:57 PM
The Cavs beat the Magic twice and one of those was without Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison.

uncleben989
02-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Defense will get you further in the playoffs than offense. Toronto has a nice offense but they also have the worst defense in the league. Chicago and Charlotte are top 10 defenses.

I don't really need to start another argument with a Raptors fan, I get it you love your team but Bleacher Report summed it up best:

yet another relyin on obsolete data, toronto isnt the worst defense since they turned it on, check more recent stats.

top 10 defense or not, raps can easily handle the likes of the bulls or bobcats, they matchup easy for us

ChiSox219
02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
yet another relyin on obsolete data, toronto isnt the worst defense since they turned it on, check more recent stats.

top 10 defense or not, raps can easily handle the likes of the bulls or bobcats, they matchup easy for us

Yes, because I didn't watch Indiana drop 130 on Toronto just this month. :rolleyes:

DCB/LAL
02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
The Cavs beat the Magic twice and one of those was without Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison.

Well then maybe their better without Mo and Jamison? :shrug:

Maybe they should of just kept Big Z and not ruined what they had.

RaysFan
02-21-2010, 06:19 PM
]As a Knicks/Lakers fan[/B]

Wow. You must REALLY want the Cavs to lose if you are a fan of both of those teams.

koreancabbage
02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Yes, because I didn't watch Indiana drop 130 on Toronto just this month. :rolleyes:

the way Indiana was shooting, noone could beat them. That game was a rarity for both teams to some extent.

they've gone from like worst to like 4th worse records lol BUT during this stretch (when the winnings started to happens lol) noone could stop them from scoring. who cares, isn't whoever scores the most points wins the basketball game? so far Raptors have won a large portion of their recent games.

edit: I think they've scored 100+ points in 20+ straight games

iggypop123
02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
strange game. shaq played out of his mind, so did jamison and lebron, yet the magic lewis and carter were trash through 3 quarters and still won.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Orlando. Lebron/Jamison/Shaq all had pretty great games tonight, while Rashard/VC combined for 5/17 going in to the 4th.

Here's some "Food for thought" as ManRam says :

1. The games we've lost to Cleveland this year have BOTH been back to backs. The game we won, today's game, was a win, and it WASN'T a back-to-back game.

2. The Orlando Magic beat the Cleveland Cavaliers last year in the ECF, when Cleveland was the easy pick to get to the finals. (Obvious.) :facepalm:

3. The Magic weren't even playing great. We turned it around in the 4th, but how we hung around with you guys is beyond me.

4. Cleveland just added Jamison. Jamison came up BIG in the 3rd quarter, and basically extended the lead for Cleveland. Chemistry, or no chemistry, I'm taking that 19 points any day for a spark. He played pretty great for you guys. Without Jamison, we would've blown it out of the water in the beginning of the 3rd.

5. Shaq had 20 points. Shaq wouldn't do as well as he did tonight, or if he did, it would be 1-2 games in a 7 game series, not every night.

Just a few things I think everyone should look at before picking a bandwagon answer, which would be going with the Cavs. The Cavs are great, but look at facts.

Not to mention, Dwight's going to do work like this every night in a playoff series against the Cavaliers.

LanceUpperCut
02-21-2010, 06:57 PM

Is that the same T.O. team, that held the Bulls to 89 and 78 points well wooping their ***, I'm pretty sure it is. I like going by wins but hey thats just me. But I'm sure you have some stat that is better than wins.

ChiSox219
02-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Is that the same T.O. team, that held the Bulls to 89 and 78 points well wooping their ***, I'm pretty sure it is. I like going by wins but hey thats just me. But I'm sure you have some stat that is better than wins.

You guys caught the Bulls with an injured Rose, Hinrich, and Tyrus Thomas. Our offense and depth was miserable the first couple of months. But whatever, wins are the best predictor of a team's future succes, and the Raptors have a whopping two more wins than Chicago even though Toronto has played 2 more home games and two less road games. Oh, and the Bulls have played the tougher schedule thus far.

Orlando. Lebron/Jamison/Shaq all had pretty great games tonight, while Rashard/VC combined for 5/17 going in to the 4th.

Here's some "Food for thought" as ManRam says :

1. The games we've lost to Cleveland this year have BOTH been back to backs. The game we won, today's game, was a win, and it WASN'T a back-to-back game.

2. The Orlando Magic beat the Cleveland Cavaliers last year in the ECF, when Cleveland was the easy pick to get to the finals. (Obvious.) :facepalm:

3. The Magic weren't even playing great. We turned it around in the 4th, but how we hung around with you guys is beyond me.

4. Cleveland just added Jamison. Jamison came up BIG in the 3rd quarter, and basically extended the lead for Cleveland. Chemistry, or no chemistry, I'm taking that 19 points any day for a spark. He played pretty great for you guys. Without Jamison, we would've blown it out of the water in the beginning of the 3rd.

5. Shaq had 20 points. Shaq wouldn't do as well as he did tonight, or if he did, it would be 1-2 games in a 7 game series, not every night.

Just a few things I think everyone should look at before picking a bandwagon answer, which would be going with the Cavs. The Cavs are great, but look at facts.

Not to mention, Dwight's going to do work like this every night in a playoff series against the Cavaliers.

I think Shaq will be able to match his level of play today for the entire playoffs, I really don't think he's going 100% every night and really there is no reason he should be.

Raph12
02-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Until they lose in the playoffs, they're the team to beat.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 07:10 PM
You guys caught the Bulls with an injured Rose, Hinrich, and Tyrus Thomas. Our offense and depth was miserable the first couple of months. But whatever, wins are the best predictor of a team's future succes, and the Raptors have a whopping two more wins than Chicago even though Toronto has played 2 more home games and two less road games. Oh, and the Bulls have played the tougher schedule thus far.

I think Shaq will be able to match his level of play today for the entire playoffs, I really don't think he's going 100% every night and really there is no reason he should be.

Oh, trust me. He's going 100%. He was demanding the ball a lot tonight, but Dwight was destroying him on the glass. The times he did go off was when Gortat was in the game, not Dwight.

Evolution23
02-21-2010, 07:11 PM
The problem with the Cavs is still the same. They play at a snail pace and isolate for lebron every a lot, especially during crunch time. Now I get that hes the best player so he should take late game shots but that leaves other teamates stagnent and does not let them contribute. Magics have a complete team, thats why they are the team to beat.

ChiSox219
02-21-2010, 07:12 PM
the way Indiana was shooting, noone could beat them. That game was a rarity for both teams to some extent.

they've gone from like worst to like 4th worse records lol BUT during this stretch (when the winnings started to happens lol) noone could stop them from scoring. who cares, isn't whoever scores the most points wins the basketball game? so far Raptors have won a large portion of their recent games.

edit: I think they've scored 100+ points in 20+ straight games

Part of the reason they've been streaking is they've played the easiest schedule in the NBA over the last 15 games.

No doubt their offense is great, but like I said, without defense you aren't going deep in the playoffs.

RaysFan
02-21-2010, 07:15 PM
If I had to pick a team, it would be Cleveland even though I really like Orlando. I think Orlando can win, I just think Cleveland is the better overall team. It depends on 3-point shooting. Orlando shot 40% from 3 today while Cleveland was ice cold. If that continues, Orlando has a very good chance to win.

ChiSox219
02-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh, trust me. He's going 100%. He was demanding the ball a lot tonight, but Dwight was destroying him on the glass. The times he did go off was when Gortat was in the game, not Dwight.

Maybe he did go 100% today but he did play well, that's sort of my point. When he's required to exert himself, he plays really well and I think he can do it over a 7 game series when he's only playing 23 minutes a night during the regular season.

ChongInc.
02-21-2010, 07:23 PM
There the team for Toronto to beat.

Jamiecballer
02-21-2010, 07:57 PM

:facepalm:

our defense is still terrible. i know it. you know it. why can't we just embrace it instead of trying to convince people that it's not true?

"OUR DEFENSE IS LOUSY BUT OUR OFFENSE IS AMAZING" and that's okay!

_KB24_
02-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Magic are still the team to beat. VC finally has it together, they have an AMAZING bench, and Dwight is putting up Shaqtastic numbers.

Derick713
02-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Carter still has to prove it in the playoffs.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Magic are still the team to beat. VC finally has it together, they have an AMAZING bench, and Dwight is putting up Shaqtastic numbers.

:rolleyes:

VC got it together, except he didn't show up much tonight, really only the 4th quarter.

ldc62
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Part of the reason they've been streaking is they've played the easiest schedule in the NBA over the last 15 games.

No doubt their offense is great, but like I said, without defense you aren't going deep in the playoffs.

Raptors beat the Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs during a winning streak... Since when were those teams bad? They also had one of the toughest first 2 months in the entire league.

_KB24_
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM

VC got it together, except he didn't show up much tonight, really only the 4th quarter.

Yeah, but he looks much more loose and comfortable out on the floor. The Magic look determined as ever, and there seems like their is no one in the league right now who can contain Dwight. :speechless:

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, but he looks much more loose and comfortable out on the floor. The Magic look determined as ever, and there seems like their is no one in the league right now who can contain Dwight. :speechless:

Amen.

JNA17
02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
hawks!

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Ive been saying it since the summer, yes yes and yes. they are the team to beat when they are all healthy.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Ive been saying it since the summer, yes yes and yes. they are the team to beat when they are all healthy.

And the funny thing is, Carter hasn't even turned it up yet. He played okay in the 4th for a few minutes but besides that he was 1-6 in the first 3 quarters.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
And the funny thing is, Carter hasn't even turned it up yet. He played okay in the 4th for a few minutes but besides that he was 1-6 in the first 3 quarters.

Kaboom.
This.

But you've got to remember. Dwight had to get his touches, so maybe that was why Vince didn't take as many shots. But I see what you're saying Roger, if he would've made that, we'd be way out in front. We can't rely on, 'if' though, haha. Because what 'if,' Lebron made all of his FGs, what 'if' Shaq scored 30, etc.

Wow, I just talked to myself, k I'm off this thread.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Kaboom.
This.

But you've got to remember. Dwight had to get his touches, so maybe that was why Vince didn't take as many shots. But I see what you're saying Roger, if he would've made that, we'd be way out in front. We can't rely on, 'if' though, haha. Because what 'if,' Lebron made all of his FGs, what 'if' Shaq scored 30, etc.

Wow, I just talked to myself, k I'm off this thread.

Even JVG was saying it. He can't "fit in" he needs to be the Vince that will carry the team along with Dwight.

What pissed me off was that he was sucking up to Shaq. That is your teams best players enemies and your gonna go suck his dick?

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Even JVG was saying it. He can't "fit in" he needs to be the Vince that will carry the team along with Dwight.

What pissed me off was that he was sucking up to Shaq. That is your teams best players enemies and your gonna go suck his dick?

LMFAO.
Yeah, what was Carter thinking.
But seriously, Idk if you realized it, but JVG pretty much HATES SVG. You see how badly he talks about the Magic? He can't find ONE good thing to say about Orlando, and always finds a way to say something good even if it's bad for Cleveland, it was ridiculous.

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM

exactly...... when they go in the playoffs, they will show everyone why they beat the cavs last year again. i dont see no way the magic dont repeat unless injuries hit the team.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM
LMFAO.
Yeah, what was Carter thinking.
But seriously, Idk if you realized it, but JVG pretty much HATES SVG. You see how badly he talks about the Magic? He can't find ONE good thing to say about Orlando, and always finds a way to say something good even if it's bad for Cleveland, it was ridiculous.

Yeah he doesn't want to look like a kiss *** because his brother coaches the Magic

Draco
02-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd go with the Cavs.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:51 PM
^
I'd go with Miami.
:laugh:

Roger, he really is a *** though, lmao. NOTHING negative to say about Cleveland. I swear, I'm torrenting that game, and putting JVG on an mp3 and uploading it to Youtube. It was ridiculous!

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Okay if Lakers are the favorites in the NBA, then the Magic are the favorites in the East at least.

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I think JVG is rooting for the Magic, but just talks down on them hardcore to look like he's not biased for his Bro. And VC wasnt really kissing up to Shaq, it's more that they're bffs.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:53 PM
^
There's a difference between 'not looking biased' to being a complete ******* lol.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I think JVG is rooting for the Magic, but just talks down on them hardcore to look like he's not biased for his Bro. And VC wasnt really kissing up to Shaq, it's more that they're bffs.

Well he needs to be bffs with his boy Dwight.

Idk, Vince just looks lost on the court at times. Lackadaisical.

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Ya until he Dunked it on through the Cavs team. Then he put on that angry face and went to work.

TheKing23
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
You gotta love the knee jerk reactions after a certain win or loss by a team...

The Cavs are the team to beat until someone takes them over as the top seed.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:57 PM
You gotta love the knee jerk reactions after a certain win or loss by a team...

The Cavs are the team to beat until someone takes them over as the top seed.

Knee-jerk reactions?

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Or Orlando is the team to beat in the East until someone else takes over the ECF.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Ya until he Dunked it on through the Cavs team. Then he put on that angry face and went to work.

When he did that, I was like
"IT'S OVER, IT'S OVER LADIES AND GENTLEMAN" *Crosses hands signifying it's over.*

Tommyh1331
02-21-2010, 09:00 PM

100% agree:clap:

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:01 PM

1 dunk and a angry face don't mean nothing. He needs to do it consistently.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
1 dunk and a angry face don't mean nothing. He needs to do it consistently.

1 Kobe clutch shot and an angry face don't mean nothing.
?
Where are we going with this!

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
1 Kobe clutch shot and an angry face don't mean nothing.
?
Where are we going with this!

:confused:

Difference. Kobe does it CONSISTENTLY.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 09:04 PM
:confused:

Difference. Kobe does it CONSISTENTLY.

Vince has done it consistently too.
He hasn't been big in many games in January, but he's been saving us late in games as of late.
CONSISTENT.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Vince has done it consistently too.
He hasn't been big in many games in January, but he's been saving us late in games as of late.
CONSISTENT.

If you play to win, you don't hold off till the 4. He hasn't been consistent. And what's the whole angry face thing for? He doesn't thing he can dunk anymore.

superkegger
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't really think you can label any team in the east the team to beat at this point.

Orlando and Cleveland are both really good. We know Cleveland can dominate people, especially in the regular season, but honestly, they continue to trip up in the playoffs, and until they win the ring, I can't call them the team to beat. And Orlando shows glimpses of brilliance, but they still need to get things working with Carter better. They've been getting better, but not to a level of dominance where you can call them the team to beat.

And Boston and Atlanta are just as dangerous when firing on all cylinders and healthy.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
If you play to win, you don't hold off till the 4. He hasn't been consistent. And what's the whole angry face thing for? He doesn't thing he can dunk anymore.

*****, shut UP! (squeaky voice.)
That's BS, he really can still dunk too!

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't really think you can label any team in the east the team to beat at this point.

Orlando and Cleveland are both really good. We know Cleveland can dominate people, especially in the regular season, but honestly, they continue to trip up in the playoffs, and until they win the ring, I can't call them the team to beat. And Orlando shows glimpses of brilliance, but they still need to get things working with Carter better. They've been getting better, but not to a level of dominance where you can call them the team to beat.

And Boston and Atlanta are just as dangerous when firing on all cylinders and healthy.

I don't think Atlanta is legit. They can only beat Boston. And Boston is just falling off.

Raph12
02-21-2010, 09:13 PM
^^^Isn't every team dangerous when they're firing on all cylinders :confused:

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:13 PM
*****, shut UP! (squeaky voice.)
That's BS, he really can still dunk too!

Idk besides that 48 point game, he hasn't been impressive at all to say the least. I liked that kick out to Shard. Sealed the deal.

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Idk he could have been more aggressive I agree, but really Dwight was dominating the whole first 3 quarters, I figured thats why VC only took 6 shots, was to let Dwight take over the game.
He came through in the 4th and closed out the game w/ those 3 powerful moves.
Man I loved the game, it was great all around idk whats up with u.

superkegger
I don't think Atlanta is legit. They can only beat Boston. And Boston is just falling off.

I'm not totally sold on Atlanta either. But, they've stayed in there this long. So I can't totally write them off. And while it would probably require them to play an absolutely perfect 4 games to beat the Cavs or Magic in a series. Stranger things have happened. So I'm not counting them out yet. they've gotten better every year for the past like 4 or 5 years, maybe they take the step the magic did last year.

I don't think, for the most part, that a majority of fans were picking the magic to win the east last year and take the big step forward as a team.

As far as boston, yeah, they're window seems to be closed. But they're gritty and tough and play D. It would be one thing if they were new comers and up and coming, but they're vets and when it comes to it in the playoffs, they're going to be tough to beat, period.

TheKing23
Knee-jerk reactions?

Well it seems like as soon as the Magic beat the Cavs this thread popped up and if they hadn't this thread wouldn't exist...

It's one game.

The Magic are the second best team in the East but until they surpass Cleveland for the best record in the East, the Cavs are still the team to beat.

RadiantShot
Idk besides that 48 point game, he hasn't been impressive at all to say the least. I liked that kick out to Shard. Sealed the deal.

He's averaging like 22 ppg, 3 assists, 5 rebounds, 56% from 3, 54% from the field in February, what more do you want? :O

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Well it seems like as soon as the Magic beat the Cavs this thread popped up and if they hadn't this thread wouldn't exist...

It's one game.

The Magic are the second best team in the East but until they surpass Cleveland for the best record in the East, the Cavs are still the team to beat.

Hmm. I agree for some of the part.

Is that Delonte West in your sig? LMAO!!! :D

superkegger
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
^^^Isn't every team dangerous when they're firing on all cylinders :confused:

Perhaps a bad cliche. But if the pistons, bucks, pacers or wolves or nets, are firing on all cylinders, they're still probably not even taking 2 games in a 7 game series vs any top 4 seed.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:18 PM
He's averaging like 22 ppg, 3 assists, 5 rebounds, 56% from 3, 54% from the field in February, what more do you want? :O

Stats don't tell the whole story.

Kakaroach
02-21-2010, 09:18 PM
It pretty much depends on how Jamison meshes with the Cavs. If he is able to contribute a lot on offense without being too much of a liability on defense then I think its the Cavs.

If Vince starts stepping up more and he shows he can be a legit option on a contender and Dwight continues to have games like he has had lately then I think its the Magic.

Boston and Atlanta have too many question marks.

mikantsass
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Magic should be the #1 seed in the East if they had any consistency. I do think they are the best in the East and Cleveland just cannot beat these guys...

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM

It's one game.

Maybe they don't like the Cavs?:shrug:

TheKing23
02-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Magic should be the #1 seed in the East if they had any consistency. I do think they are the best in the East and Cleveland just cannot beat these guys...

No we can't can we...

It's not like we beat them in Orlando in November, and then beat them about a week and a half ago.

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
No we can't can we...

It's not like we beat them in Orlando in November, and then beat them about a week and a half ago.

Let's break it down. Not taking anything away from it, yes you guys are 2-1 vs us. But lets think of the first game.

Game 1: Magic have multiple new pieces since the last meeting. About 7. Rashard Lewis (the Cav's worst enemy) was out due to suspension. The team had no gameplan at this point, was pretty much just talent running around in circles, while Dwight was still unconfident in his Offensive game. Dwight was in foul trouble the first 2 minutes of the game.

Game 2: It was a pretty tough match, and Cleveland looked like they were going to win cuz JJ Hickson played out of his mind. We come back and take the lead, we could have easily closed this game out and won on the road. But Jameer had an epic choke and turned the ball over 5 consecutive trips ( well 3 turnovers and 2 forced shots), and threw the ball away on a fast break.

Game 3: We win, Despite an A game by Jamison, James, and Shaq. Not to mention there was no answer for Howard, and at the end it was apparent there was no answer for Vince, and Jameer got hot. Lewis still cold blooded

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Let's break it down. Not taking anything away from it, yes you guys are 2-1 vs us. But lets think of the first game.

Game 1: Magic have multiple new pieces since the last meeting. About 7. Rashard Lewis (the Cav's worst enemy) was out due to suspension. The team had no gameplan at this point, was pretty much just talent running around in circles, while Dwight was still unconfident in his Offensive game. Dwight was in foul trouble the first 2 minutes of the game.

Game 2: It was a pretty tough match, and Cleveland looked like they were going to win cuz JJ Hickson played out of his mind. We come back and take the lead, we could have easily closed this game out and won on the road. But Jameer had an epic choke and turned the ball over 5 consecutive trips ( well 3 turnovers and 2 forced shots), and threw the ball away on a fast break.

Game 3: We win, Despite an A game by Jamison, James, and Shaq. Not to mention there was no answer for Howard, and at the end it was apparent there was no answer for Vince, and Jameer got hot. Lewis still cold blooded

I think if anything, the Cavs DESERVED to win game 2. They played great in the 4th quarter, and even though Jameer choked, it happens, we just played bad in the end, Lebron and the Cavs took advantage, and that was the downfall.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:33 PM

The 1st 2 games were nights were we came off back to backs. Thanks David.

TheKing23
02-21-2010, 09:39 PM

You fail to mention in game 3 we're still trying to incorporate Jamison, regardless of him having a good game or not, he's not in sync with the team on offense or defense yet. Mo is coming back form injury and shot 1-9, Delonte is also coming back from injury and shot 2-9.

When you get a combined 3-18 from two of your best players you're gonna struggle.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
You fail to mention in game 3 we're still trying to incorporate Jamison, regardless of him having a good game or not, he's not in sync with the team on offense or defense yet. Mo is coming back form injury and shot 1-9, Delonte is also coming back from injury and shot 2-9.

When you get a combined 3-18 from two of your best players you're gonna struggle.

I thought that was LeBron and Shaq. :rolleyes:

MagicBucsSox
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM

this is the answer, "to be the best you gotta, whoooo,beat the best" -ric flair

better record than last year, chemistry issues the only killer but DWIGHT HOWARD is here now

TheKing23
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
I thought that was LeBron and Shaq. :rolleyes:

Not THE two best players... I guarantee if Jameer and Shard went for a combined 3-18 at any point this season the Magic would lose...

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Did someone just try to say that Mo Williams and Delonte friggin West are two of the best players on the Cavs?

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Not THE two best players... I guarantee if Jameer and Shard went for a combined 3-18 at any point this season the Magic would lose...

Oh, Vince and Shard have done that many-a-time this season..4/22, 5/19, 2/13, all the jazz like that.

*Superman*
02-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Mo Williams is known not to show up when it counts. Mr. Guaranteed.

AirCanada15ORL
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM

No there has been plenty of games where Jameer and Rashard have shot bad and we've won. Or when VC was shooting bad and we still pulled out Ws.

TheKing23
02-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Did someone just try to say that Mo Williams and Delonte friggin West are two of the best players on the Cavs?

Yes, yes I did... And I can tell you I know a lot more about them than you do.

Melo15
02-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Big win today for Orlando. They dominated the game most of the way and especially in the 4th quarter. As far as being the team to beat in the East, I would say that is accurate. They are the reigning conference champs and to be the best you have to beat the best. I expect the Cavs to come out of the East, once Jamison is comfortable with the offense and everybody gets healthy I think they will go on another run. However, as of now you have to say Orlando is the team to beat.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Mo Williams is known not to show up when it counts. Mr. Guaranteed.

Lmao!

Wow, look what I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPPaztyf6eA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Ty8gRjXoU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBJoQJOvQ9k

:sigh:

..:facepalm:

Raph12
02-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes, yes I did... And I can tell you I know a lot more about them than you do.

Yeah, it's not like they went on a 13-game win streak with Mo sidelined and Delonte playing limited minutes... oh wait... yes it is. :rolleyes:

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, it's not like they went on a 13-game win streak with Mo sidelined and Delonte playing limited minutes... oh wait... yes it is. :rolleyes:

ROFL. I love when you do that Raph.

"It's not like...yes it is. :rolleyes:"

LMFAO!

Wow.

TheKing23
02-21-2010, 10:07 PM

Oh yeah and it's not like the Lakers had a four game win streak with Kobe Bryant not playing... oh wait... yes it is. :rolleyes:

But I suppose he's not one of their best players is he...

It's just a further example of the team's depth, no reason to discredit the player's impact on the team.

Melo15
02-21-2010, 10:14 PM
To say Mo William's isn't one of the Cavs top players makes no sense to me. Their long winning streak was because most of the teams they played were weak opponents and LeBron James was able to take over the ball handling duties. He is a very big part of their success and his struggles in the playoffs last year had a lot to do with them getting beat by Orlando. It is fair to say Delonte isn't one of their best players though.

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Not to sound disrespectful, but does anyone know where I can see the postgame conference where Mo guaranteed game 4? Just wanted to watch it, lmao.

runforrestrunx9
02-21-2010, 10:21 PM

haha, i love how true that is

RaysFan
02-21-2010, 10:28 PM
I am pleasantly surprised with how the attitude of people changed with the win. I am actually really surprised that most of the people out there now think Orlando is the best in the East.

Draco
02-21-2010, 10:30 PM
I am pleasantly surprised with how the attitude of people changed with the win. I am actually really surprised that most of the people out there now think Orlando is the best in the East.

Really? People change their attitude all the time after a win or a loss.

macc
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
I like all the love my team is getting and I call them the team to beat mainly because they were the eastern conference champions last year. Until somone takes that title from them they are the team to beat.

With that being said I'm suprised Boston isn't getting mentioned here. Boston may not be playing their best ball right now and this is a "what have you done for me lately" league but a healthy Boston is capable of beating anyone. I don't think it's a 2 way race with Magic/Cavs. I still put Boston right there with them. I can't wait for the playoffs

bchissie
02-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Orlando is too inconisistant. That's their problem. Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, and Vince Carter are all very streaky. Dwight Howard has his moments on offense. All in all they play good defense, but their offense is too inconsistant to win it all.

KJ21.the.truth
02-21-2010, 10:40 PM
If Jameer can play up to the way he played today in the last few minutes of the fourth than our Magic men are going to be a scary bunch. I loved watching Dwight Vs Shaq too. We are the team to beat right now. But I've seen people say we r the best team on paper? I wont even sign off on that.

Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Odom
Pierce, Allen, Garnett, Rondo
Dwight, Vince, Lewis, Nelson

Its debatable. But I like that we are getting some well deserved love. HUGE win

RadiantShot
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Orlando is too inconisistant. That's their problem. Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, and Vince Carter are all very streaky. Dwight Howard has his moments on offense. All in all they play good defense, but their offense is too inconsistant to win it all.

If you're talking about inconsistency with wins, I think you're wrong.
If you're talking about PLAYER inconsistency, than that's a different story, and you're right.

JordansBulls
02-21-2010, 11:31 PM
As a Knicks/Lakers fan (weird mix hey?), I watch this team play, and man if they play inside out, or run pick and rolls with Lewis/Carter, they could basically be unstoppable. Mark Jackson and JVG brought up some great points about VC, but i mean I have never ever seen a team so deep as this, and it still behooves me that they have the record they do. They showed today that they can play with Cleveland, but in reality they should be the team looking down on everyone else. Down the stretch against the Cavs they were basically unstoppable, cause really if they get any form of penetration they can lob it to howard or kick it out, and the same goes for Howard getting doubled.

What do you guys think? This team on paper is obviously the best in the league, but do you think this team wins the east? And do you think this team goes only as far how VC plays?

Cleveland is the team to beat. They have the best record.

Wilson
02-21-2010, 11:46 PM
This thread got really off-topic for a while. Please keep the discussion relevent to the thread topic. This could be an interesting discussion and it would be a shame to see the thread derailed and closed...:cheers:

carter15
02-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Cavs are probly the team to beat simply because everyone is favoring them. If we met in a playoff series the majority of "experts" would pick the Cavs I think making them the team to beat. It doesn't really matter though does it? They'll likely play eachother in the playoffs and it doesn't matter who's favored then.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Nope their a second rate team and I'll stick to them not getting past the second round even though the Celtics have looked horrible. Orlando just is not a great team and can not play consistently. Can't get very far when your supposedly franchise player gets dominated by a 37 year old. Your other alleged star doesn't do anything then starts gloating when he hits a couple baskets in a row. Orlando is probably the 4th or 5th best team in the East right now.

carter15
02-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Nope their a second rate team and I'll stick to them not getting past the second round even though the Celtics have looked horrible. Orlando just is not a great team and can not play consistently. Can't get very far when your supposedly franchise player gets dominated by a 37 year old. Your other alleged star doesn't do anything then starts gloating when he hits a couple baskets in a row. Orlando is probably the 4th or 5th best team in the East right now.

I think even that is high for them. There more like a fringe playoff team even though there 38-19. That record is a total fluke.

superkegger
02-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Cleveland is the team to beat. They have the best record.

Best record doesn't equate being the team to beat. Especially when they've been just as dominant in the regular season before only to come up short when it mattered more.

Like it or not, until the Cavs actually come through in the playoffs and win it all, it's going to be a knock on them, no matter the personnel changes.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 12:59 AM
I think even that is high for them. There more like a fringe playoff team even though there 38-19. That record is a total fluke.

That is just stupid and ridiculous.

Draco
02-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Best record doesn't equate being the team to beat. Especially when they've been just as dominant in the regular season before only to come up short when it mattered more.

Like it or not, until the Cavs actually come through in the playoffs and win it all, it's going to be a knock on them, no matter the personnel changes.

Who's knocking the Cavs for not having won a championship? Laker fans, maybe? Anyone else?

If Dwight's Magic are being compared with Lebron's Cavs then we're talking about two teams that have never won a championship and have one Finals appearance each.

Or maybe the Celts are the best team in the EC since they won the championship a few seasons back.. although I doubt many people agree with that.

uncleben989
02-22-2010, 01:16 AM

your right, but i dont know if the raptors let another team's player tie their shoes with the ball in their hand during the game like the bulls:D, (beautiful defense by deng, that video still kills me) and of course toronto still hasnt had
a bad enough defense to blow a 35 point lead to the kings :D

superkegger
02-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Who's knocking the Cavs for not having won a championship? Laker fans, maybe? Anyone else?

If Dwight's Magic are being compared with Lebron's Cavs then we're talking about two teams that have never won a championship and have one Finals appearance each.

Or maybe the Celts are the best team in the EC since they won the championship a few seasons back.. although I doubt many people agree with that.

I'm simply saying that there isn't a team to beat in the east.

All four top seeds in the East have legitimate concerns going forward, and because of those instabilities, weaknesses or whatever you want to call it, the East is going to be a crapshoot with no odds on favorite.

Draco
02-22-2010, 01:27 AM
I'm simply saying that there isn't a team to beat in the east.

All four top seeds in the East have legitimate concerns going forward, and because of those instabilities, weaknesses or whatever you want to call it, the East is going to be a crapshoot with no odds on favorite.

"Odds on favorite" is obviously a matter of opinion.. if it weren't obvious you could review the thread.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 01:41 AM

Obviously Dwight had to be doing something right for them to have to double him on touch for the whole fourth quarter. :rolleyes:

Dude your opinion means nothing to anyone on this site anymore... You're a joke, no one takes you seriously, you went from an objective opinion to a senile, bitter, cynical old man who can't do anything but critisize the Magic no matter what they do. Get off your high horse, stop talking **** and give credit where it's due.

Orlando is only 1-2 vs the Cavs, but they beat Boston 3-1, Atlanta 3-0, Toronto 3-1, Charlotte 3-0, Chicago 2-1, the only contender that gave the Magic any trouble was Cleveland. And that was because they were 7 games in on their first loss and stopped going to Dwight after he gave them the lead in the second loss. Not to mention both of those games were the second of back-to-backs, and Game 2 was also the 4th game in 5 nights. This game they were well rested and ready to go, despite a strong game from Lebron, Jamison and Shaq, the Magic dominated most of the way and took over late to take one back... They're legit, Dwight looks unstoppable one-on-one and you're just upset your boy Yao is doing nothing but catching dust on the shelves in Houston

BigAl25
02-22-2010, 02:44 AM
Celtics are scary when healthy

Raph12
02-22-2010, 02:53 AM
Celtics are scary when healthy

Not to us, we beat them 3 times when they were healthy, we lost when Pierce was out lol.

statquo
02-22-2010, 03:02 AM
I think the Cavs are the team to beat, but Orlando is the one team that can actually beat them in a 7 game series. IMO, it's a 2 team race in the East: Cavs and Magic.

Exactly what he says.

_KB24_
02-22-2010, 03:12 AM
In the playoffs, the Celtics can still knock off both the Cavs and Magic.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 03:26 AM
In the playoffs, the Celtics can still knock off both the Cavs and Magic.

Maybe the Cavs, but I don't think they beat us in 7 games, especially with Howard playing the way he is. If he stays out of foul trouble, he's proven the Magic are damn near unstoppable against the Celts with him on the floor.

He's avging 14ppg in the last two full halves he's played against them, both Ws.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 03:35 AM
The biggest problem with the Magic is that all their players are soft and can't grit out wins like the other good teams can.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 03:41 AM
The biggest problem with the Magic is that all their players are soft and can't grit out wins like the other good teams can.

Orlando is the #3 best defensive team in the league, and although I agree with you that most of their guys are soft. I do think they can play with any team in the league, because they have Dwight protecting the paint in the middle, with a tough, defensive minded wing defender in Barnes to guard the opposing team's best player. Those two guys put them in position to win games with their defense and if they can find some consistency in Carter, Lewis and Nelson, they could start winning games with their offense.

Dwight's proven he can score consistently, now the rest of his team needs to step up and play to the best of their abilities to have a chance to get back. It will be a lot harder this season, no matchup problems and KG will be back, I think Dwight's play in the playoffs will be the key to their success or failure.

If he goes for 25-15-5 on 55+% shooting, I think we'll be in good position to get back to the Finals, if he plays subpar 15-12-3, I don't like our chances.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Orlando is the #3 best defensive team in the league, and although I agree with you that most of their guys are soft. I do think they can play with any team in the league, because they have Dwight protecting the paint in the middle, with a tough, defensive minded wing defender in Barnes to guard the opposing team's best player. Those two guys put them in position to win games with their defense and if they can find some consistency in Carter, Lewis and Nelson, they could start winning games with their offense.

Dwight's proven he can score consistently, now the rest of his team needs to step up and play to the best of their abilities to have a chance to get back. It will be a lot harder this season, no matchup problems and KG will be back, I think Dwight's play in the playoffs will be the key to their success or failure.

If he goes for 25-15-5 on 55+% shooting, I think we'll be in good position to get back to the Finals, if he plays subpar 15-12-3, I don't like our chances.

The Magic are inconsistent, Howard is inconsistent, 3 point shooting by it's nature is inconsistent. Make them uncomfortable and the Magic look average. That's why Orlando struggled/got killed by Detroit. That's why Magic struggled with Philadelphia and Boston way more than they should have. Lakers didn't really make them uncomfortable but their offense was too much. Cleveland with Shaq wins. Cleveland with KG wins. The Hawks, even though they don't match up with Orlando well at all I think wins because they have a much bigger heart. Toronto is way too soft so Magic should be fine with them. Heat, meh. Bobcats and Bulls can probably beat them/at least make it a series.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 04:07 AM
The Magic are inconsistent, Howard is inconsistent, 3 point shooting by it's nature is inconsistent. Make them uncomfortable and the Magic look average. That's why Orlando struggled/got killed by Detroit. That's why Magic struggled with Philadelphia and Boston way more than they should have. Lakers didn't really make them uncomfortable but their offense was too much. Cleveland with Shaq wins. Cleveland with KG wins. The Hawks, even though they don't match up with Orlando well at all I think wins because they have a much bigger heart. Toronto is way too soft so Magic should be fine with them. Heat, meh. Bobcats and Bulls can probably beat them/at least make it a series.

Dude you lost it, Dwight has been putting up big numbers consistently for the last 17 games, which have paid dividends. Carter and Nelson are inconsistent, Lewis is putting up 15 and 5 regularly now and their defense is there every night. Don't bring last season's Magic up in this convo, that was a different team and this is a different Dwight. Orlando beat Detroit 3-1 this season, easily, losing only one blowout game where Dwight was fouled out and sitting on the bench. They've torn up Boston, Atlanta, Toronto, Charlotte, Chicago and won the game against the Cavs the one time they were well rested.

Stop bringing up last season, this is not that team, Carter is not Hedo, Barnes is not Lee, Anderson is not Battie, J-Will is not Alston and 2010 Dwight is not 2009 Dwight. Get into the new season man, stop watching tube tv and get a nice high def LED so you can watch this year's Magic the right way.

theuuord
02-22-2010, 05:15 AM
The Magic are inconsistent, Howard is inconsistent, 3 point shooting by it's nature is inconsistent. Make them uncomfortable and the Magic look average. That's why Orlando struggled/got killed by Detroit.

Your pseudo-knowledge never ceases to amaze, dude. The Magic lost by 5 to Detroit without Rashard Lewis on a night Ryan Anderson went 1-11 from 3. They won the other 3 games against Detroit, including a 25-point demolition that literally happened five days ago.

That's why Magic struggled with Philadelphia and Boston way more than they should have.

They beat Philadelphia by 14 in their only meeting so far this season (the first game, no less) and went 3-1 against Boston this year. Do you know what basketball is? Do you follow the season at all?

Lakers didn't really make them uncomfortable but their offense was too much. Cleveland with Shaq wins. Cleveland with KG wins.

Cleveland with KG? Did they trade Jamison for him?

The Hawks, even though they don't match up with Orlando well at all I think wins because they have a much bigger heart.

Orlando's record against Atlanta this season: 3-0. Their average margin of victory: 22 points.

Toronto is way too soft so Magic should be fine with them. Heat, meh. Bobcats and Bulls can probably beat them/at least make it a series.

The Heat are pretty much the only team you have a case for, and you don't even want to make it. They beat the Magic twice this year, once by almost 20 points. They're 3-0 against the Bobcats and 1-1 against the Bulls.

Just stop it, man. I know you like to take contrarian positions but you have to have some sense when you do it. This is just absolutely awful.

RadiantShot
02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Dude you lost it, Dwight has been putting up big numbers consistently for the last 17 games, which have paid dividends. Carter and Nelson are inconsistent, Lewis is putting up 15 and 5 regularly now and their defense is there every night. Don't bring last season's Magic up in this convo, that was a different team and this is a different Dwight. Orlando beat Detroit 3-1 this season, easily, losing only one blowout game where Dwight was fouled out and sitting on the bench. They've torn up Boston, Atlanta, Toronto, Charlotte, Chicago and won the game against the Cavs the one time they were well rested.

Stop bringing up last season, this is not that team, Carter is not Hedo, Barnes is not Lee, Anderson is not Battie, J-Will is not Alston and 2010 Dwight is not 2009 Dwight. Get into the new season man, stop watching tube tv and get a nice high def LED so you can watch this year's Magic the right way.

Your pseudo-knowledge never ceases to amaze, dude. The Magic lost by 5 to Detroit without Rashard Lewis on a night Ryan Anderson went 1-11 from 3. They won the other 3 games against Detroit, including a 25-point demolition that literally happened five days ago.

They beat Philadelphia by 14 in their only meeting so far this season (the first game, no less) and went 3-1 against Boston this year. Do you know what basketball is? Do you follow the season at all?

Orlando's record against Atlanta this season: 3-0. Their average margin of victory: 22 points.

The Heat are pretty much the only team you have a case for, and you don't even want to make it. They beat the Magic twice this year, once by almost 20 points. They're 3-0 against the Bobcats and 1-1 against the Bulls.

Just stop it, man. I know you like to take contrarian positions but you have to have some sense when you do it. This is just absolutely awful.

I've never thought, "Yes," to myself more times than I have in these 2 posts. Well said.

SteveNash, watch basketball before you talk :rolleyes:

ChiSox219
02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Raptors beat the Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs during a winning streak... Since when were those teams bad? They also had one of the toughest first 2 months in the entire league.

Yes they beat some good teams. That doesn't change the fact that over the last 25% of games the Raptors faced the 29th easiest schedule.

The Bulls and Heat had just as difficult opening schedule, in fact thus far, the Raptors schedule has been easier than both the Heat and Bulls and the Raptors have played 2 more home games than Chicago and Miami.

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
no...

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Dwight stil will get shut down in playoffs when they hack a dwight on him

Raph12
02-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I've never thought, "Yes," to myself more times than I have in these 2 posts. Well said.

SteveNash, watch basketball before you talk :rolleyes:

That dude is so anti-Magic, it's unbelievable.

I mean you know there are homers out there, but this guy is the opposite, he likes to hate on a team superhard. Douche doesn't even realize that this isn't the 2009 Magic, he's still living in the past.

G-Funk
02-22-2010, 01:01 PM
IMO the 2 Champions are the teams to beat. Best season records only get you divison banners. The Magic have proved that they are the best team in the playoffs even without the best NBA record.

Cavs proved that the best team in the season is not the best team in the playoffs.Until somone takes it from the Eastern Conference Champions, they are the team to beat.

As of right now, Cleveland is the favorite to dethorne the Magic.

Raph12
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Dwight stil will get shut down in playoffs when they hack a dwight on him

Dwight's shooting 68.8% from the FT line in his last 10 games and 65.3% in his last 17 games.

Don't see where you're going with this, he's not Shaq from the charity stripe for that to work.

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Yes they beat some good teams. That doesn't change the fact that over the last 25% of games the Raptors faced the 29th easiest schedule.

The Bulls and Heat had just as difficult opening schedule, in fact thus far, the Raptors schedule has been easier than both the Heat and Bulls and the Raptors have played 2 more home games than Chicago and Miami.

hard schedule or not, you guys lost to NJ =P

Schedules change during the course of the season. We had one of the hardest schedules to open the season and once that past, we made good on the easy portion of the schedule- with the addition of something you might want to take into consideration --> 9 new players (3 of them in the starting line up) This team is only getting better each game.

and considering the strength of the schedule of both teams, we're relatively the same with Chicago having a easier schedule down the stretch. If Chicago wants to make their move up the standings, now is the time. FYI: good luck with the beginning of the March schedule of:

Atlanta
Memphis
Dallas
Utah
Orlando
Miami
Memphis
Dallas
Cleveland

ayuntalo
02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
why does this thread exist??
Orlando looks good if you see their line up..
but they dont play as good as they should be..

it think it should be hawks and cleveland..

ChiSox219
02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
hard schedule or not, you guys lost to NJ =P

Schedules change during the course of the season. We had one of the hardest schedules to open the season and once that past, we made good on the easy portion of the schedule- with the addition of something you might want to take into consideration --> 9 new players (3 of them in the starting line up) This team is only getting better each game.

and considering the strength of the schedule of both teams, we're relatively the same with Chicago having a easier schedule down the stretch. If Chicago wants to make their move up the standings, now is the time. FYI: good luck with the beginning of the March schedule of:

Atlanta
Memphis
Dallas
Utah
Orlando
Miami
Memphis
Dallas
Cleveland

The Bulls are making their move, 19-9 over the last 28 games, even missing Noah a bunch of games. We're two games behind Toronto, coincidently that's the difference in home games played between the two.

When it comes down to it, there isn't much of a different between Chicago, Toronto, Miami, Charlotte, or Milwaukee, none of those teams have a shot at the title.

RadiantShot
02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
why does this thread exist??
Orlando looks good if you see their line up..
but they dont play as good as they should be..

it think it should be hawks and cleveland..

People really did jump on the Hawks' crotch bandwagon. It amazes me. The Hawks won't make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs, trust me. They can beat Boston, and anyone below that, POSSIBLY. There are a few teams who could easily upset the Hawks. Look what happened yesterday. Hawks lost their composure after an 18 point lead, to end up breaking down in the 4th for a loss in Golden State. I just don't think Atlanta is MENTALLY tough enough to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs. The Hawks shouldn't even be in this discussion. Neither should Boston. While we're talking about teams worth of being the "Team to beat," in the east, the only two really to consider are Orlando and Cleveland. Case closed.

DCB/LAL
02-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Oh dont give me that injury BULL Kobe has been injured all year long with broken fingers and everything else that can be wrong with your finger this on his SHOOTING HAND mind you but none of that matter when LA played Cleveland. McGrady hasn't played for over a year due to injury and he played GREAT! These are NBA players and Jamison played GREAT try twisting it how you want but fact is he scored when he was needed to score and was even a reason why the Cavs stayed in the game with his 3rd Qtr scoring. Give credit to the Magic D for stopping the Cavs and the Magic really only played well until the 4th qtr now that should tell you how good the Magic are.

SteveNash
02-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Dwight has been consistent, like the game yesterday where he got abused by Shaq. Looking at this year to last year, Orlando is still mentally soft. Carter makes Hedo look like Perkins. Barnes is softer than Lee. Anderson way softer than Battie. Alston tougher than Williams who was retired. Magic need leadership and toughness, none of which was really improved from last year.

Wow, your knowledge of Orlando Magic history seems very limited, did you just jump on the bandwagon?

Boston with KG*

I said the Hawks don't match up well with Orlando.

Upsets happen man, and Orlando is a team that's built just right for an upset.

rapjuicer06
02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Dwight has been consistent, like the game yesterday where he got abused by Shaq. Looking at this year to last year, Orlando is still mentally soft. Carter makes Hedo look like Perkins. Barnes is softer than Lee. Anderson way softer than Battie. Alston tougher than Williams who was retired. Magic need leadership and toughness, none of which was really improved from last year.

Wow, your knowledge of Orlando Magic history seems very limited, did you just jump on the bandwagon?

Boston with KG*

hahaha you called barnes soft? are you ****ing serious? he's probably one of the toughest sob's in the nba. and battie hardly played at all the last 5 years because of injuries, it doesn't get any softer than him. what you are, my simple minded friend, is a magic hater

prodigy
02-22-2010, 09:08 PM
cavs are 2-1 vs magic and have a 4-5 game lead over the magic for home court. Soooo ummm ya. Cavs also had one of the hardest schedule's the first half of season with well over half of their games on the road.

If that does not tell you who the best team is, then your most likely a homer.

Fireworld
02-22-2010, 09:10 PM
sure

RadiantShot
02-22-2010, 10:28 PM
cavs are 2-1 vs magic and have a 4-5 game lead over the magic for home court. Soooo ummm ya. Cavs also had one of the hardest schedule's the first half of season with well over half of their games on the road.

Get off the weed.

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 10:30 PM
The Bulls are making their move, 19-9 over the last 28 games, even missing Noah a bunch of games. We're two games behind Toronto, coincidently that's the difference in home games played between the two.

When it comes down to it, there isn't much of a different between Chicago, Toronto, Miami, Charlotte, or Milwaukee, none of those teams have a shot at the title.

this is true in terms of records, but i'm sure Toronto, the team as it is right now, , would beat all the teams mentioned above during the season. At least there is some pride of being the cream of the crap lol.

_KB24_
02-23-2010, 12:12 AM

Thats an ugly release in your sig......:o

Raph12
02-23-2010, 12:16 AM

Yeah you mean when he scored on him easily and Shaq had to double him late in the third and throughout the 4th? Hedo, Lee and Battie are all marshmellows, and if you think Barnes is soft, you have proven that you have no idea what you're talking about.

He was talking about this season, like you should've been.

Boston with KG*

They beat Boston healthy 3 times and lost when Pierce didn't play, so keep your panties dry. Even Perk admitted that he needs to take his defense to another level to contain Dwight now after Dwight avged 14ppg in the last two full halves he played against the Celts.

They matchup fine, don't make excuses, the only guy they don't have an answer for is Howard and according to you that shouldn't matter because he's not that good anyways right. :rolleyes:

No Orlando is a team that's built to upset others, they're finally catching their stride. When the playoffs come along and SVG gets his starters playing 40+mins and goes only 8/9 men deep, that's when they'll show people what they're truly made of.

Bishnoff
02-23-2010, 12:47 AM
No, the Cavs are the team to beat this year in the East.

Wcuracer29
02-23-2010, 12:54 AM
SteveNash:

You are seriously disrespecting the name of a great player- shouldn't even been allowed to sign up with that S/N.

You obviously didn't watch the game the other day, stating Shaq dominated Dwight and he (D12) had soooo much trouble with Shaq...Dwight played quite possibly his best offensive game of the year against Cleveland. May not have scored the most points of any game this year, but all around he was hitting tough shots that big men are expected to hit and he faked out Shaq SEVERAL times with the same old half-spin move that Shaq probably saw in the video room. D12 hit the majority of his free throws and got Shaq in foul trouble early. I think D12 took that matchup personally after the comments Shaq made following the last matchup. D12 was on a mission and he succeeded.

The only time Shaq took over the game was when Gortat was in there, and SVG noticed that too. Gortat was quickly eliminated before the sweat had dried on D12.

Get over yourself, stop trying to be a bad*** on an internet forum and be such a hater. If you want to be Steve Nash, go talk to the lowly Pheonix fans who will be asking questions about next year very soon.

tkshy
02-23-2010, 01:15 AM
They won last year so they are the team to beat.

I will say this, don't sleep on the Raptors. They get the Hawks first round, winable series, if the Cavs lose to the Bobcats, the Raps get them in round two. The Magic have a pretty easy first round but then 2nd round with the Celtics could wear them down...you never know.

_KB24_
02-23-2010, 01:23 AM
They won last year so they are the team to beat.

I will say this, don't sleep on the Raptors. They get the Hawks first round, winable series, if the Cavs lose to the Bobcats, the Raps get them in round two. The Magic have a pretty easy first round but then 2nd round with the Celtics could wear them down...you never know.

Are you actually serious about this?

Knickrocketsfan
02-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Dwight's shooting 68.8% from the FT line in his last 10 games and 65.3% in his last 17 games.

Don't see where you're going with this, he's not Shaq from the charity stripe for that to work.

look at last years final he got shut down and what th lackers did was basically hack a dwight everytime he was in a good position to scorre they fouled him. Dwight quite frankly is not a clutch foul shooter

*Superman*
02-23-2010, 03:52 PM
look at last years final he got shut down and what th lackers did was basically hack a dwight everytime he was in a good position to scorre they fouled him. Dwight quite frankly is not a clutch foul shooter

This is a new year.

SteveNash
02-23-2010, 04:51 PM
hahaha you called barnes soft? are you ****ing serious? he's probably one of the toughest sob's in the nba. and battie hardly played at all the last 5 years because of injuries, it doesn't get any softer than him. what you are, my simple minded friend, is a magic hater

Matt Barnes is a softie who tries to act tough with his tatoos and his cheap shots.

Yeah you mean when he scored on him easily and Shaq had to double him late in the third and throughout the 4th? Hedo, Lee and Battie are all marshmellows, and if you think Barnes is soft, you have proven that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Scored on him easily? Is that why the 37 year old Shaq outscored Howard head 2 head when they were both on the court?

He was talking about this season, like you should've been.

History repeats itself.

They beat Boston healthy 3 times and lost when Pierce didn't play, so keep your panties dry. Even Perk admitted that he needs to take his defense to another level to contain Dwight now after Dwight avged 14ppg in the last two full halves he played against the Celts.

So it's Perkins/Boston's fault Howard isn't all that great of a defender and gets in foul trouble making Orlando fans make excuses talking full halves nonsense?

They matchup fine, don't make excuses, the only guy they don't have an answer for is Howard and according to you that shouldn't matter because he's not that good anyways right.

No Orlando is a team that's built to upset others, they're finally catching their stride. When the playoffs come along and SVG gets his starters playing 40+mins and goes only 8/9 men deep, that's when they'll show people what they're truly made of.

So, do you want to make a sig bet?

DCB/LAL
02-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Matt Barnes is a softie who tries to act tough with his tatoos and his cheap shots.

Scored on him easily? Is that why the 37 year old Shaq outscored Howard head 2 head when they were both on the court?

History repeats itself.

So it's Perkins/Boston's fault Howard isn't all that great of a defender and gets in foul trouble making Orlando fans make excuses talking full halves nonsense?

So, do you want to make a sig bet?

I don't hate the Magic, they're just not a championship contender.

PS I was Greg Oden's body double and never get complaints.

So if History were to repeat itself the Magic would be in the Finals this year and did you really say Orlando isn't a Championship contender? Cause if I remember correctly they were CONTENDING IN THE FINALS LAST YEAR so explain that.

SteveNash
02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
So if History were to repeat itself the Magic would be in the Finals this year and did you really say Orlando isn't a Championship contender? Cause if I remember correctly they were CONTENDING IN THE FINALS LAST YEAR so explain that.

The finals were just a formality, everyone knew the Lakers were going to win and win easily.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 05:18 PM

This is not last year, new Magic team, new Dwight Howard and about clutch shooting, go talk to Lebron before you get on Dwight.

Dwight's shooting 72+% from the line since the AS break, we'll see how far this goes.

@ SteveNash, I'm not going to bother responding, you're too ignorant and stubborn to understand anything anyways.

SteveNash
02-23-2010, 05:24 PM
This is not last year, new Magic team, new Dwight Howard and about clutch shooting, go talk to Lebron before you get on Dwight.

Dwight's shooting 72+% from the line since the AS break, we'll see how far this goes.

@ SteveNash, I'm not going to bother responding, you're too ignorant and stubborn to understand anything anyways.

Figured you were too scared to make a sig bet with me.

Focused1
02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Tough one still

Focused1
02-23-2010, 05:29 PM
I have to see whats gonna happen within the next 10-15 games to answer....... Don't wanna jump the gun to quick. Great thread

Wilson
02-23-2010, 05:34 PM

He's still only 24 years old though. His free throw shooting has been a bit up and down this year, but he's shooting about 69% in the month of Febuary, and was around 66% in December.

He has plenty of time to improve his free throw shooting and from the looks of things he's already began.

d-baller23
02-23-2010, 05:36 PM
The Magic are far from being the team to beat in the East. If anything Jamison proved he can give Lewis trouble. Shaq proved he can make Howard work. James proved he can still attack the Magic. Maurice Williams will be the difference for the Cavs if they are to beat to the Magic in the playoffs.

The Cavs will be much better once all the parts come together. Mo Williams has to get back to his normal self. Jamison will get into a nice groove after he gets a few more games under his belt. The Cavs will get Big Z back which means they won't need Varejao to defend Howard. In essence the Cavs will enter the playoffs on a good streak once Big Z returns and the chemistry returns to normal.

The Cavs will still have home court advantage against the Magic in the playoffs. The Magic had a lot of advantages last year that they donít have this year. Even tough the Magic won it still felt like the Cavs couldíve had the game and that they werenít out matched. The foul trouble and Mo Williams play were the problems. The Magic had to win this game and they barley did.

First off the Magic are not even playing at their full potential yet, wait until the chemistry is complete. VC, Nelson, Dwight, and Lewis are just starting to play together as a team. We have a team that can kill you by the three, and can kill you inside, which was proven when Shaq was in foul trouble, Cavs have nobody to guard Howard, Shaq fouls him, and J.J. Hickson, and Anderson Varejo are too small.

d-baller23
02-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Matt Barnes is not soft, he has had a impact on this Magic team, nobody on this team is soft, even J.J. Redick will get down and dirty now, did you see how J.J. played against Ben Gordon? @ stevenash, Wait are just mad because MB22, is actually playing for a real championship team, instead of a team where their best player is almost close to being 40?

koreancabbage
02-23-2010, 08:05 PM

blah blah blah,

until Howards proves he can do it against the Lakers in the Finals again (a rematch, which could happen) i don't see why you keep bringing up the "it's a new year, and yes you should fear Dwight Howard" crap. The guy is not an offensive dominant player and hasn't shown to be in the consistent in that regard. One game he'll be amazing, the next couple of games, he'll be average. Just like that video you made of Dwight's best moves, almost no one agreed to what you had to say about Dwight being a dominant offensive player.

you're too blinded by your love of Orlando and Dwight Howard and too ignorant and stubborn to see that.

FYI i think he's a defensive stud, just not the offensive player you make him out to be. outta here

Wcuracer29
02-23-2010, 08:26 PM
First off the Magic are not even playing at their full potential yet, wait until the chemistry is complete. VC, Nelson, Dwight, and Lewis are just starting to play together as a team. We have a team that can kill you by the three, and can kill you inside, which was proven when Shaq was in foul trouble, Cavs have nobody to guard Howard, Shaq fouls him, and J.J. Hickson, and Anderson Varejo are too small.

Probably the most overrated player in the game- this guy is a complete joke. Either he's shocked he didn't get a foul called for him when he flops, or his pissed/shocked when the ref calls a foul on him. He always has that same stupid look on his face with his eyes and mouth wide open in disbelief: just terrible.

Vee-Rex
02-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm from Cleveland though I have to say, Orlando is the team to beat in the East. They won the East last year which makes them the current Eastern Conference Champions.

Same with the Lakers. They are the team to beat in the entire league, no matter how much better the Cavs record may be. Can't dispute that.

Cleveland has a better team this year and they are definitely title contenders, just not THE team to beat.

RadiantShot
02-23-2010, 09:07 PM
blah blah blah,

until Howards proves he can do it against the Lakers in the Finals again (a rematch, which could happen) i don't see why you keep bringing up the "it's a new year, and yes you should fear Dwight Howard" crap. The guy is not an offensive dominant player and hasn't shown to be in the consistent in that regard. One game he'll be amazing, the next couple of games, he'll be average. Just like that video you made of Dwight's best moves, almost no one agreed to what you had to say about Dwight being a dominant offensive player.

you're too blinded by your love of Orlando and Dwight Howard and too ignorant and stubborn to see that.

FYI i think he's a defensive stud, just not the offensive player you make him out to be. outta here

He's been averaging like 27 PPG, 16 RPG, 3 BPG, 65% FT since ASB. Really inconsistent to me. They finally are getting Dwight the ball, and good things are happening, ****, give him credit.

Raph12
02-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Figured you were too scared to make a sig bet with me.

I'm down, if Dwight avgs 20+pts on 55+FG% in the playoffs, you change you're sig to:

Lost a sig bet to the Great and All Mighty Raph12, I'm always wrong, he's always right.

And you keep it there until the 2010 NBA Preaseason... If I lose, I'll write the same thing down replacing "Raph12" with "SteveNash"

Chronz
02-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Do it Trophico, make your own stipulation

SteveNash
02-24-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm down, if Dwight avgs 20+pts on 55+FG% in the playoffs, you change you're sig to:

Lost a sig bet to the Great and All Mighty Raph12, I'm always wrong, he's always right.

And you keep it there until the 2010 NBA Preaseason... If I lose, I'll write the same thing down replacing "Raph12" with "SteveNash"

This is a thread about the Magic overall being weak not Dwight Howard.

Here's my bet. Orlando doesn't get to the conference finals you put this and only this in your signature:

Player X is better than Dwight Howard. With player X replacing whatever starting center beat Howard in their playoff series.

The Orlando Magic are were a fluke and are a worse franchise than the Clippers.

SteveNash is always right.

And it remains in your signature until the Magic win a championship.

If the Magic get past the second round you can have me put whatever you want in my sig as long as it's acceptable to the mods. And I will never post anything negative about the Orlando Magic or their players/coaches.

MAC10TIZZY
02-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Probably the most overrated player in the game- this guy is a complete joke. Either he's shocked he didn't get a foul called for him when he flops, or his pissed/shocked when the ref calls a foul on him. He always has that same stupid look on his face with his eyes and mouth wide open in disbelief: just terrible.

anderson vajeflop makes me want to vomit multiple times a minute

Raph12
02-24-2010, 12:45 AM
This is a thread about the Magic overall being weak not Dwight Howard.

Here's my bet. Orlando doesn't get to the conference finals you put this and only this in your signature:

Player X is better than Dwight Howard. With player X replacing whatever starting center beat Howard in their playoff series.

The Orlando Magic are were a fluke and are a worse franchise than the Clippers.

SteveNash is always right.

And it remains in your signature until the Magic win a championship.

If the Magic get past the second round you can have me put whatever you want in my sig as long as it's acceptable to the mods. And I will never post anything negative about the Orlando Magic or their players/coaches.

I accept.

If I win, you have to put this in your sig:

Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

And it will remain in your signature until Brook Lopez beats Dwight Howard, as the #1 option on his team, in a 7-game series.

Raph12
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Put this in your current sig:

Sig Bet with Raph12 that Orlando will not make the ECFs in 2010

I'll replace "Raph12" with "SteveNash" and won't include the word "not" in mine.

MAC10TIZZY
02-24-2010, 12:46 AM
I accept.

Dwight Howard is a Top 5 Center of All-Time, no one in this league can touch him.

The Orlando Magic are a dominant contender and are a better franchise than I ever thought possible.

Raph12 is always right.

And it will remain in your signature until Brook Lopez beats Dwight Howard in a 7-game series.

lol

carter15
02-24-2010, 12:47 AM
well Raph won that bet.

Raph12
02-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Funny that he's nowhere to be seen now lol... Anyways, I'll check back at this 2mro, peace out guys.

SteveNash
02-24-2010, 01:36 AM
I accept.

Raph12 is always right.

And it will remain in your signature until Brook Lopez beats Dwight Howard, as the #1 option on his team, in a 7-game series.

Done.

RadiantShot
02-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Lmao.

rapjuicer06
02-24-2010, 12:08 PM
yea! thats exciting **** right there!

Raph12
02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Done.

Done

SteBO
01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
no

Meatmypet
01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
no

Necro'ing a thread from a year ago so you can bait posters.. Why..?!

SteBO
01-26-2011, 02:15 PM
:p havin fun man, that's it. No bait intended

tangent12
01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I know this is a year old but it's now twice as funny as it was back then. Magic... the team to beat in the East.... LOL!!! :laugh2::laugh2:

macc
01-26-2011, 02:27 PM
no

1 year old thread. Just another MIami fan staying "classy" as always.

SteBO
01-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Just havin fun. Get over yourself bro.

smith&wesson
01-26-2011, 02:33 PM
wow someone blew the dust off this old puppy. . .

godolphins
01-26-2011, 02:38 PM

U mad? :laugh2:

MiamiLoyal926
01-26-2011, 02:45 PM

Come on SteBo... really? "no" on a 1 year old thread and thats you having fun?

As for macc, is it "classy" to to take a dig at a whole fan base because of the actions of one individuals ill concieved actions?

Just another non-heat fan staying "classy" as always.

SteBO!!!!! Come on!!!!!

SteBO
01-26-2011, 02:48 PM

As for macc, is it "classy" to to take a dig at a whole fan base because of the actions of one individuals ill concieved actions?

SteBO!!!!! Come on!!!!!
Yeah you're right. I should know better. :sad2:
It should closed soon anyway.

Flash3
01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
I know this is a year old but it's now twice as funny as it was back then. Magic... the team to beat in the East.... LOL!!! :laugh2::laugh2:

:facepalm:

Super.
01-26-2011, 02:53 PM
no

Laaaaaawls. Epic Necro

serrano275
01-26-2011, 03:10 PM
I like how it's a miami fan, who, this time last year had no idea they would end up with the top two free agents and keep their franchise player. If it was a Laker or Boston fan I think it would be different. But it comes from a fan who goes for a team who was basically made after this thread was created.

I tell you what, if we get CP3 and Carmello Anthony and keep Dwight Howard, then I can be like you guys and open this thread next year and say "yup".

I am gonna start looking for old threads too. Maybe I can find a thread about how the Lakers would dominate the 03-04 season and sweep the playoffs to win a championship.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-26-2011, 03:29 PM
i don't think so

Jonathan2323
01-26-2011, 03:38 PM
We still don't know how good this team is after that trade, I would say no though. They're probably the 3rd best team in the east.

macc
01-26-2011, 03:49 PM

SteBO!!!!! Come on!!!!!

An entire fan base no, but at the same time I wasn't suprised to see it was a Heat fan that brought it back up. Sometimes it's not a coicidence why alot of Heat fans get blasted in here on a daily basis for being classless. A reputation is earned not given.

Example, see the Miami fan who quoted me with the reply of "U Mad?"

STA_PLAR
01-26-2011, 04:03 PM
The Magic are going nowhere! Unless Dwight dominates in the playoffs offensively. Which is practically impossible because he walks around with a smile on his face while playing. Nobody won championships by smiling.

Its Miami or a healthy Boston squad!

FadeAwayLikeMJ
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
hmmmmmmm

the Celtics are the defending Eastern Conference Champs and have the best record in the East so... no Orlando is not the team to beat in the East.

god that was easy

Mishmin
01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
How old is this thread? No. Of course Orlando's not the team to beat in the east. Get this thread off here.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
wow, this thread is nearly a year old. No need for bumping it when it was started during a different season.