PDA

View Full Version : Would any team offer legitimate money for Al Harrington this offseason ?

Hustla23
02-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Simple question. Does Harrington have value ?

I'm asking because I'd like the Knicks to sign him if he'll take the veteran's minimum. We don't have the money to offer him anything more than that.

So the only way to keep him is if every other team in the NBA passes on him.

Do you guys think any team will offer more than 2 million for Al and his services ?

He is a great scorer but he carries ALOT of baggage with him.

He takes way too many plays off on D, he is a black hole on offense most of the time, and he makes the stupidest plays imaginable.

bigsams50
02-21-2010, 03:53 PM

I'm asking because I'd like the Knicks to sign him if he'll take the veteran's minimum. We don't have the money to offer him anything more than that.

Do you guys think any team will offer more than 2 million for Al and his services ?

He takes way too many plays off on D, he is a black hole on offense most of the time, and he makes the stupidest plays imaginable.

Ima say no

abe_froman
02-21-2010, 03:55 PM
someone will to fill out the roster

Public Enemy #1
02-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah, he's decent and streaky. Any team could use Al off the bench, the problem is that he thinks that he is a starter. lol

AndyTheHobo
02-21-2010, 04:06 PM

I'm confused. Why would you want to retain him if he is as you describe? I'm sure someone will pay him more than 2mil, but nobody that's a legit contender.

JWO35
02-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I see him getting the MLE at the most...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-21-2010, 04:13 PM
maybe with Phil Jackson he could be a team player!

he's like the opposite version of lamar odom

but I would take him 4 mil/per year

Shady66
02-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Hes so talented on offence, but he just keeps chucking threes. Hes a good player but doesnt play to his advantages. Hes also not very good on D and rebounding. Personally, i wouldnt want him on my team, but im sure some team will pay him 6-8 million.

THE MTL
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Some team will unfortunately snag him to fill out their roster. If Harrington truly loves NYC and wants to stick around when this team is good then he'll take min.

But teams like Nets & Heat with money left over after a free agent signing could take him with a 5-6 million dollar deal. And he's from New Jersey.

Hustla23
02-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm confused. Why would you want to retain him if he is as you describe? I'm sure someone will pay him more than 2mil, but nobody that's a legit contender.
I think he can be a good player in a limited role. He is a very talented offensive player.

He is not good in a big role for the reasons I described lol.

mavwar53
02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
4-5 mil at the most for 2 or 3 years

Kakaroach
02-21-2010, 04:57 PM
I see him getting the MLE at the most... Yeah something like this, prolly at a one or two year deal at most. He can be very helpful to some teams coming off the bench as long as he doesn't mess up a team's chemistry so give him a limited playing time unless he is really feeling it.

AndyTheHobo
02-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I think he can be a good player in a limited role. He is a very talented offensive player.

He is not good in a big role for the reasons I described lol.

Gottcha. I agree. He's talented, but shouldn't be a first or second option on any team. Coming off the bench makes the most sense in any scenario.

dtmagnet
02-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I'd take him for the MLE to come off the bench.

KnickVeteran
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
I've watched Al since we acquired him and I just think he's a guy who tries to force the action on the team that wouldn't know consistency if it kick them in the ***. Mike's so called "sprite league" system doesn't hold players accountable on either ends. He's just going with the flow. I'm pretty sure a he'll get another job. Remember, he plays for us. Something he does looks tremendously horrible.

PHX2daDEATH
02-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Could see him with Dallas or Charlotte...

td0tsfinest
02-21-2010, 05:19 PM
He's a streaky shooter, takes a lot of difficult shots, can't play D. On a championship team, he would be a player off the bench, imo.

AndyTheHobo
02-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Did Al chuck up shots like he does now when he was in Atlanta? For some reason I feel like he played more in the post when he first came into the league.

sep11ie
02-21-2010, 05:23 PM
I hear the Knicks have 2 max contracts to give...

BlondeBomber41
02-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Some team will undoubtedly give him the MLE. Im sure lots of teams will.

It will be interesting to see if a team with cap room strikes out on the big names and panics, thinking they gotta spend money now and sign him to a bigger deal than the MLE.

koreancabbage
02-21-2010, 06:09 PM
MLE player