PDA

View Full Version : Better chance to have a Celtics-esque turnaround: Knicks or Nets

Famous6
02-21-2010, 02:08 AM
we all know that the celtics were horrible in 07 then won the title in 08,
who has a better chance in duplicating that turnaround, Knicks or Nets?

jkiddvc20
02-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Nets

alencp3
02-21-2010, 07:54 AM
knicks

aZekuiS
02-21-2010, 08:11 AM
The Lions

magichatnumber9
02-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Welcome everyone to the Tri-State pissing contest.

Rique
02-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Ima say Knicks. Nets turnaround more like Portland and OKC long-term rebuilding. Knicks are doing a quick tweak rebuild they'll probably get players close to 30 in age. Celtics are old and only had 1 year in them. If you put Tmac together with say Joe Johnson and Amare or Boozer they'll probably contend for 1 year or so like the celtics before they fall apart.

icon1914
02-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Ima say Knicks. Nets turnaround more like Portland and OKC long-term rebuilding. Knicks are doing a quick tweak rebuild they'll probably get players close to 30 in age. Celtics are old and only had 1 year in them. If you put Tmac together with say Joe Johnson and Amare or Boozer they'll probably contend for 1 year or so like the celtics before they fall apart.

I really hope they don't do that... but that is the most likely scenario.

J-Relo
02-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Knicks have a great chance, they have the opportunity, prepared the two spots... their current roster doesn't look great, but who cares about the others when you have 2 top players?

Nets have a pick! if they get WALL, that can attract other FA too... and they have the opportunity to land big names too... add Lopez and some other young guns they have now to the mix - it's a great team...

i guess both these teams will make big turnaround for their franchises... if Nets get 1# pick i go with them....

Madness23
02-21-2010, 08:50 AM
neither !!
these two teams have horrible management staff !! they will always find a way to lose !

arkanian215
02-21-2010, 10:46 AM
neither. neither have a paul pierce caliber player already. the celtics had the luxury of having pierce and good role players already there. neither team has that right now.

arkanian215
02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
neither !!
these two teams have horrible management staff !! they will always find a way to lose !

do 01-03 also count in always?

BkOriginalOne
02-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Knicks, based on that ONE game last night haha.

Ballin274
02-21-2010, 10:58 AM
do 01-03 also count in always?

If you're gonna say that then does pretty much anytime before the year 2000 count?... I'll go with my Knicks, even if the Nets get the first pick, look what they did last time they had it...Kenyon Martin... I doubt the Knicks have laid out and stuck to this whole plan for this long to squander it on old guys or guys they know won't stick... worst case scenario IMO is that we get Bosh and Rudy Gay or something of that sort... We have a first round pick next year... loads of cap space. Eddy Currys' expiring, and I think Walsh has proven that this is not the same old Knicks management... The Nets will turn it around, eventually, but not as quick as the Knicks.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-21-2010, 11:00 AM
the knicks got a few trick up their sleeves guys just pay attention it's coming.....serious

arkanian215
02-21-2010, 11:13 AM
If you're gonna say that then does pretty much anytime before the year 2000 count?... I'll go with my Knicks, even if the Nets get the first pick, look what they did last time they had it...Kenyon Martin... I doubt the Knicks have laid out and stuck to this whole plan for this long to squander it on old guys or guys they know won't stick... worst case scenario IMO is that we get Bosh and Rudy Gay or something of that sort... We have a first round pick next year... loads of cap space. Eddy Currys' expiring, and I think Walsh has proven that this is not the same old Knicks management... The Nets will turn it around, eventually, but not as quick as the Knicks.

but his point was that the nets always lose but that clearly isn't the case is it? i know the nets were awful back then. i went through those years too. that's what made the kidd-vc-rj era so great for me as a nets fan.

Corey
02-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Neither, because the Celtics traded their way into a top tier team...Neither the Nets or Knicks will do it in that manner.

That being said, the Nets have a much larger area for improvement. The Knicks are 19-35, where the Nets are 5-50.

The Knicks could be a playoff team next year, and still not have the same win-increase as the Nets because they are already a better team.

I'm babbling, but that being said, the Knicks will be a better team next year IMO. Even if they lose out on Lebron or Wade, there's still plenty of other star type players they can sign to field a very good team.

mjqusoldier
02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Corey;12379900]Neither, because the Celtics traded their way into a top tier team...Neither the Nets or Knicks will do it in that manner.

That being said, the Nets have a much larger area for improvement. The Knicks are 19-35, where the Nets are 5-50.

The Knicks could be a playoff team next year, and still not have the same win-increase as the Nets because they are already a better team.

I'm babbling, but that being said, the Knicks will be a better team next year IMO. Even if they lose out on Lebron or Wade, there's still plenty of other star type players they can sign to field a very good team.[/QTAt

At least the Celtics run is over. Thank god. Celtics future looks bad down the road except at the pg position

mjqusoldier
02-21-2010, 11:41 AM
The Knicks will have it turned around next year. Worst case starting lineup= sergio tmac chandler gallo and Lee. Best case=Sergio. Tmac. Lebron Gallo. Bosh. Sucks for the haters but the Knicks are on their way bach. HAAAAAAAAAAA

Ballin274
02-21-2010, 11:49 AM
but his point was that the nets always lose but that clearly isn't the case is it? i know the nets were awful back then. i went through those years too. that's what made the kidd-vc-rj era so great for me as a nets fan.

I was talking about the Knicks not losing often before 2000, since we've sucked *** since then... and my point was that the Knicks turnaround would be more similar to the Celts in that it would have to be immediate, whilst the Nets will take a few years as their draft picks develop... I know what your saying though...

Young and Stupid
02-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Even if the Nets get the first pick, look what they did last time they had it...Kenyon Martin

Who would you have picked? Do you know who else was in that draft...don't say Crawford because we had Kittles and Harris there was no point in drafting a guard. Think before you speak.

To answer the question, all depends on who signs who. Both these teams have invested a large amount of their future on 2010 and 2011 FA.

defender4m
02-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Nets long term and Knicks short but if no one decides to come there they ate completely screwed

Slimsim
02-21-2010, 12:36 PM
The Nets have talent I would love to get CDR of their Hands but Lopez and Harris is a nice young core. But it depends i mean even Donnie Walsh said "he never said he was going to Sign LBJ that's just what the media saying." So you never know.

torontosports10
02-21-2010, 01:00 PM
I really am concerned with the Knicks.. with all this CBA talk and salaries going way down, I dont think there is a chance that Lebron, Wade and Bosh dont re-sign for MAX dollars which is 30 million more...

Now that still leaves the possibility of a sign and trade, but then what do the Knicks have that others teams coudlnt beat in offering them. I know maybe the players will want to sign in NYK, but if they have nothing to offer in a S+T, and other teams are offering a lot more, why wouldnt CLE,MIA and TOR just say screw ya then sign for 30 million less.

Gotta love business.

(On a side note, the reason im concerned with the Knicks is because of the major market their are and the condition they have been in for so long. They could be viewed as big as the Lakers with the right management and that would be huge for the NBA)

THE MTL
02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
The Knicks. T-Mac said he would stay for cheap if we get two marquee free agents. So potentially you could be looking at Lebron, Bosh, and McGrady. More likely though: Johnson, Bosh, and McGrady.

effen5
02-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Nets, they have better pieces to work with as of right now.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 03:39 PM
whoever gets the superstars and if the nets win the lottery. its impossible to know.

Nets fans can dream though. possible Lebron and Wall.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Corey;12379900]Neither, because the Celtics traded their way into a top tier team...Neither the Nets or Knicks will do it in that manner.

I'm babbling, but that being said, the Knicks will be a better team next year IMO. Even if they lose out on Lebron or Wade, there's still plenty of other star type players they can sign to field a very good team.[/QTAt

At least the Celtics run is over. Thank god. Celtics future looks bad down the road except at the pg position

to use the knicks logic: u do know that KG and Ray will likely be gone by the time Durant or Melo become free agents.

dominater6192
02-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Nets easily. Knicks have no picks or current young talent. Nets have some very good young pieces( Harris, Lopez, and CDR) and their going to have a high lottery pick this year. Knicks may have a bit more cap space but Nets have pieces already in place whereas Knicks have to start from scratch.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Nets easily. Knicks have no picks or current young talent. Nets have some very good young pieces( Harris, Lopez, and CDR) and their going to have a high lottery pick this year. Knicks may have a bit more cap space but Nets have pieces already in place whereas Knicks have to start from scratch.

the knicks traded their picks? just to get Tmac? oh my

JLynn943
02-21-2010, 03:51 PM
As long as the Nets get a pretty big free agent signing, I think it will be them. They already have Harris and Lopez, as well as some other solid players. Plus, they will be getting a high draft pick and will probably have a real coach next year. They will definitely improve.

Hustla23
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I can't see the Nets signing any of the prime marquee free agents.

They play in the swamps of nowheresville East Rutherford and their stadium project won't be done until a few years from now. Plus, they have 5 wins.....

The Knicks play on the most commercialized city on earth and have room to pair two of the best free agents together. No other team aside from Miami can say that.

There's also the option to trade Curry for a "bad contract" i.e. Dalembert or Brand and they already have a few nice pieces ( Chandler, Gallo, Douglas) in place.

Also not to mention they can resign T-Mac for one year as well as Rodriguez for the vet's min and resign them at the end of the year.

You're looking at a potential team of

Bosh
Gallo
Lebron
T-Mac
Douglas

Chandler
Sergio
Big man that Curry is traded for
Vet min
Vet min
2nd rounders

That's a heck of a roster.

homestarunner93
02-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Nets. They already have some great pieces (Harris, B-Lo, Yi), while the Knicks have only marginal pieces like Chandler and Gallinari.

Young and Stupid
02-21-2010, 04:08 PM
They play in the swamps of nowheresville East Rutherford and their stadium project won't be done until a few years from now.

The Nets are gonna play at the Rock next year, which is a train ride away from the city. Like I said all depends on who signs who, if we get Wall FA's will follow and it will be the Nets.

Hustla23
02-21-2010, 04:30 PM
The Nets are gonna play at the Rock next year, which is a train ride away from the city. Like I said all depends on who signs who, if we get Wall FA's will follow and it will be the Nets.
What's the Rock ? :confused:

Every report that I've read says the Brooklyn stadium is at least three or four years away at the minimum.

SaimoNETS
02-21-2010, 04:41 PM

Every report that I've read says the Brooklyn stadium is at least three or four years away at the minimum.

The Rock is the Prudential Center in Newark.

defender4m
02-21-2010, 04:46 PM

We r playing in Brooklyn in 2012 supposedly

SaimoNETS
02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
I can't see the Nets signing any of the prime marquee free agents.

They play in the swamps of nowheresville East Rutherford and their stadium project won't be done until a few years from now. Plus, they have 5 wins.....

The Knicks play on the most commercialized city on earth and have room to pair two of the best free agents together. No other team aside from Miami can say that.

There's also the option to trade Curry for a "bad contract" i.e. Dalembert or Brand and they already have a few nice pieces ( Chandler, Gallo, Douglas) in place.

Also not to mention they can resign T-Mac for one year as well as Rodriguez for the vet's min and resign them at the end of the year.

You're looking at a potential team of

Bosh
Gallo
Lebron
T-Mac
Douglas

Chandler
Sergio
Big man that Curry is traded for
Vet min
Vet min
2nd rounders

That's a heck of a roster.

Assuming we get LeBron and Bosh:

Lopez
Bosh
LeBron
1st round pick
Harris

Dooling
Hayes
C. Lee
CDR
T-Will
1st round picks

Now, that's one heck of a roster.

Hustla23
02-21-2010, 04:51 PM
The Rock is the Prudential Center in Newark.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

Lopez
Bosh
LeBron
1st round pick
Harris

Dooling
Hayes
C. Lee
CDR
T-Will
1st round picks

You realize you don't have nearly enough cap space to offer two max contracts, right ?

King P
02-21-2010, 04:51 PM
And Newark is one of the largest cities on the East coast. Not a bad place to play.

arkanian215
02-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Lopez
Bosh
LeBron
1st round pick
Harris

Dooling
Hayes
C. Lee
CDR
T-Will
1st round picks

sorry man but you gotta crunch those numbers again. we don't have room for two max contracts next year. our first round picks will take up cap space (even if we don't sign them until after we sign the FA's since all first rounders have an established cap hold).

it's also very likely that hayes and dooling won't be back. dooling is only guaranteed 500k if we cut him. i think hayes is an expiring contract. he was a bae signing.

SaimoNETS
02-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh, my bad then. :p

SaimoNETS
02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
I think Hayes and Dooling are gonna stay. It's hard to find quality vets that are getting payed minimum salary.
Hayes gets paid, what, 2 million? That's pretty good.

arkanian215
02-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Nets. They already have some great pieces (Harris, B-Lo, Yi), while the Knicks have only marginal pieces like Chandler and Gallinari.

you never know man. sometimes you'd prefer a guy like AP b/c he can play a specific role. the cavs are very good because they have players that fit the system and play within their roles (west, gibson, hickson, varejao and mo williams play their roles extrememly well). a guy like gallo could really explode next to lebron.

arkanian215
02-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I think Hayes and Dooling are gonna stay. It's hard to find quality vets that are getting payed minimum salary.
Hayes gets paid, what, 2 million? That's pretty good.

yeah both guys would be excellent players if there was a superstar to draw more of the defense. hayes really can't create for himself (but runs the screens pretty well). a lot of our struggles have come from not breaking down the other team's D# and putting up more contested shots. last year we had both carter and harris coming off screens and that was havoc for a lot of teams.

FlakeyFool
02-21-2010, 05:24 PM
the knicks got a few trick up their sleeves guys just pay attention it's coming.....serious

been saying that for years.