PDA

View Full Version : If the Bulls play the Celtics in the Playoffs again?

Pages : [1] 2

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 12:09 AM
If the NBA season ended now, the Bulls would again be playing the Celtics in the first round. so my question to you is, do they have a better shot at beating them this year or is it going to be tougher this time around then last year and why? and who do you think will win the series?

Sox Appeal
02-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Boston. For whatever reason, they just match-up insanely well with the Bulls. They're yet to come within 25 points of Boston, when KG played in the game.

iggypop123
02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
boston would win in 5. matchups dont favor the bulls, but last yrs series they were perfectly matched hence the tough exciting games

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:26 AM
I think with the addition of Warrick and Murry, we would match up even better this series....Ty Thomas was practically benched in the second half of the series, and he was benched in the majority of the 4th quarters (except game 1) and from what Ive seen from Warrick and Flip so far, they bring even more energy then Salmons or Thomas ever has...With a healthy Noah, and Gibson, I think it would definitely be interesting.

Game 7 in a toss up

52 OTs
10291310231 Ties
12032190381023 lead changes

Kyben36
02-21-2010, 12:28 AM
depends on health, C are old and could be very injured

Shammyguy3
02-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I think with the addition of Warrick and Murry, we would match up even better this series....Ty Thomas was practically benched in the second half of the series, and he was benched in the majority of the 4th quarters (except game 1) and from what Ive seen from Warrick and Flip so far, they bring even more energy then Salmons or Thomas ever has...With a healthy Noah, and Gibson, I think it would definitely be interesting.

Game 7 in a toss up

52 OTs
10291310231 Ties

If we do end up playin Boston again, OVER/UNDER 3 OTs total in the series?
I'd say UNDER

Ovratd1up
02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Bulls would win barely or lose in seven.
But in the rare occurence that KG plays, Boston wins easily.

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:31 AM
If we do end up playin Boston again, OVER/UNDER 3 OTs total in the series?
I'd say UNDER

Probably under, but who knows, Id like to see how close game 1 would be.

NYMetros
Celtics would win in 5 or so games if they're completely healthy. The Bulls best player that series was Ben Gordon, who they don't have anymore. The Celts also didn't have KG.

effen5
Not to mention Boston lost one of their better shooters in House,.

Romo2Bryant
02-21-2010, 12:32 AM
Celtics. Everyone is forgetting how clutch B. Gordon was for the Bulls.

Celtics win in game 5.

nipo10847
02-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Boston will take it in 5 games IF everyone stays healthy. Bulls are no where near the HEALTHY celtics.

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Celtics would win in 5 or so games if they're completely healthy. The Bulls best player that series was Ben Gordon, who they don't have anymore. The Celts also didn't have KG.

You know people keep saying this but this is incorrect. Remember when BG left for Detroit, everyone thought Bulls would suck? Bulls has had a better record this year then they did last year...and this is without BG, an ailing Noah and Gibson (plantar Facitis), a hurt Rose in the beginning of the season, and a dumbass Thomas who broke his arm doing a pullup.

All the Bulls fans kept telling everyone that we would be even better without BG, and guess what, we were right.

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Bulls would win barely or lose in seven.
But in the rare occurence that KG plays, Boston wins easily.

That series would not go 7 games. The Celtics bench with Nate Robinson, Tony Allen, Marquis Daniels, Glen Davis, and Rasheed Wallace is almost as good as the Bulls starting 5. The Celtics are a different team with KG. Rondo does a good job on Rose too and Ben Gordon was the only reason the series went to 7 last year and he's gone.

robdog_5
02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
As a Boston fan I love not playing against Ben Gordon.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2010, 12:39 AM
You know people keep saying this but this is incorrect. Remember when BG left for Detroit, everyone thought Bulls would suck? Bulls has had a better record this year then they did last year...and this is without BG, an ailing Noah and Gibson (plantar Facitis), a hurt Rose in the beginning of the season, and a dumbass Thomas who broke his arm doing a pullup.

All the Bulls fans kept telling everyone that we would be even better without BG, and guess what, we were right.

Most Bulls fans know this because we watched them every game last year and this year. Don't worry, just wait until everyone can watch the Bulls when playoffs come rolling around. They'll realize this then.

tcav701
02-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Only chicago fans think they have a remote chance in this series. This series would be a massacre. MAYBE the bulls win a game.

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
That series would not go 7 games. The Celtics bench with Nate Robinson, Tony Allen, Marquis Daniels, Glen Davis, and Rasheed Wallace is almost as good as the Bulls starting 5. The Celtics are a different team with KG. Rondo does a good job on Rose too and Ben Gordon was the only reason the series went to 7 last year and he's gone.

Ohhhh how everyone overrates Ben Gordon still.

effen5
Only chicago fans think they have a remote chance in this series. This series would be a massacre. MAYBE the bulls win a game.

Oh, you mean like last year when everyone called sweep...:rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
everyone wants to talk about BG, but Derrick Rose is a different player this year then he was. he has improved a lot. Noah is a different player as well. im not saying the Bulls win, im not saying the Celtics win, but the Celtics are older, they are slower, and the Bulls are a running team which the Celtics could never handle in the past. yes, the season has favored the celtics this year with the match ups, but its the regular season not the playoffs. so i think it will be a lot closer again, but i wouldnt be surprised to see the bulls do to the cletics what golden state did to dallas a couple years ago or what the bulls did to miami in 2007

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 12:42 AM
no one on the bulls can match up to KG. thats wat it comes down to. he controls the paint and makes the smart plays.

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 12:43 AM

yea i know, its really gettin tiring. any basketball fan with knowledge of the game knows he is a streaky player and not really a good one, descent, but not good.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM

without BG's buzzer beaters, Celtics win that series in 5. he was huge for the bulls. he may not be a solid starter, but the bulls no longer have a guy who can just shoot off the dribble from anywhere on the court.

it felt like everytime the C's got control, theres BG knocken down a 3

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Most Bulls fans know this because we watched them every game last year and this year. Don't worry, just wait until everyone can watch the Bulls when playoffs come rolling around. They'll realize this then.

we're a much better team this year then last year, our bench just got better then last year, we're 2 games back behind Toronto for the 5th seed, we've won 8 out of 10 games on the road, I mean this team is obviously better then last year.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Oh, you mean like last year when everyone called sweep...:rolleyes:

let ppl convince themselves that the bulls are worse, so when we beat them this year it'll be soooo much better :D

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I disagree but I know I won't convince any of the C fans.

D Roses Bulls
without BG's buzzer beaters, Celtics win that series in 5. he was huge for the bulls. he may not be a solid starter, but the bulls no longer have a guy who can just shoot off the dribble from anywhere on the court.

it felt like everytime the C's got control, theres BG knocken down a 3

and without the refs help, the bulls might of won the series. no flagrant called on rondo for the miller hit, rondo should of been thrown out of the game where he threw hinrich into the table, and maybe if gordon actually knew how to play D, he might of not needed the buzzer beaters to win.

nipo10847
no one on the bulls can match up to KG. thats wat it comes down to. he controls the paint and makes the smart plays.

This ^. Bulls fans dream but bulls are far from winning a 7 game series when the KG is healthy.

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:48 AM
let ppl convince themselves that the bulls are worse, so when we beat them this year it'll be soooo much better :D

I don't think we beat them with a healthy KG, but they are OVERRATING BG. Thats all I am saying.

avrpatsfan
02-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Boston. For whatever reason, they just match-up insanely well with the Bulls. They're yet to come within 25 points of Boston, when KG played in the game.

Without KG, we beat them in a 7 game series. I hope we play them again. Rose vs. Rondo is hopefully the next Bird vs. Magic rivalry. In it's first ever kindling it was awesome!

Shammyguy3
02-21-2010, 12:49 AM
we're a much better team this year then last year, our bench just got better then last year, we're 2 games back behind Toronto for the 5th seed, we've won 8 out of 10 games on the road, I mean this team is obviously better then last year.

We're definitely better:
1. Deeper Bench,
2. Growth from Rose & Noah,
3. Smarter players (no more Vyrus, no more FishSticks ISO crap anymore),
4. Our offense is not stagnant like it was with Gordon
5. Better team defense as well.
6. Healthy Deng

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:49 AM
This ^. Bulls fans dream but bulls are far from winning a 7 game series when the KG is healthy.

Well hes old and Im sure hes retiring soon so we wont have to worry about him sooner or later.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Without KG, we beat them in a 7 game series. I hope we play them again. Rose vs. Rondo is hopefully the next Bird vs. Magic rivalry. In it's first ever kindling it was awesome!

I think Rondo vs. Rose will definitely be the point guard rivalry out of the East for the next 7/8 years

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:51 AM
We're definitely better:
1. Deeper Bench,
2. Growth from Rose & Noah,
3. Smarter players (no more Vyrus, no more FishSticks ISO crap anymore),
4. Our offense is not stagnant like it was with Gordon
5. Better team defense as well.
6. Healthy Deng

Absolutely TRUE, look at all the games where Gordon went off looking for his own points, game 2, game 3, game 5, WE LOST.

game 6, BG had NO EFFECT, and that game went to triple OT and we won. BG only had 12 points and fouled out.

JiffyMix88
02-21-2010, 12:52 AM
if they are healthy we lose in 5 or 6 games and if they are not healthy we lose in 7

tcav701
you guys are insane. i'll bet 1000 dollars with anyone on PSD that the C's beat the Bulls if they meet in round 1.

effen5

As much as I hate Rondo, Rose vs Rondo will always be exciting.

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:53 AM
you guys are insane. i'll bet 1000 dollars with anyone on PSD that the C's beat the Bulls if they meet in round 1.

Is it the same circumstances as last year? If KG is healthy, Boston wins.

PHX2daDEATH
If it weren't for Ben Gordon, that series wouldn't of gone 7 games last year...

Celtics in 5

nipo10847
Well hes old and Im sure hes retiring soon so we wont have to worry about him sooner or later.

lol...I hope to see him playing for ever! He is THAT much impactful when healthy. You cant deny that dude.

robdog_5
02-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Ben Gordon was your best player vs. Boston, and Tyrus Thomas gave Boston trouble in the playoffs last year too.

effen5
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Ben Gordon was your best player vs. Boston, and Tyrus Thomas gave Boston trouble in the playoffs last year too.

Tyrus Thomas got benched in the majority of the 4th quarter. Hakim Warrick > TT

Edit: Taj Gibson >>>>>>>>>>>>> TT

Shammyguy3
02-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Tyrus Thomas got benched in the majority of the 4th quarter. Hakim Warrick > TT

Hakim>>>>>>>>>>>>> TT
TAJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>> TT

Hakim & Taj >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TT

MacFitz92
02-21-2010, 12:59 AM
There must be a lot of Bulls fans, because this shouldn't even be debateable.

As a fan of neither team. I can realistically say that the Celtics, hands down, are the better team.

topdog
02-21-2010, 01:02 AM
This is probably the last year the Celts have to win another championship - all their guys are looking really old and they needed some irish luck and some stellar play from a young fella named Leon Powe (and PJ Brown) to win the 1st one.

Still, I don't think the Bulls can handle the Celtics especially w/ KG, not to mention 'Sheed. Love or hate Robinson, he'll help their bench scoring problem too

mynameismo
02-21-2010, 01:09 AM

I don't think we overrate Gordon. As a Celtics fan, I just hate it when the ball is in his hands and we know he's gonna shoot.. but for some reason we just couldn't stop him.. For a defensive team that's really frustrating.

For this series? Man, this will be exciting.

effen5
02-21-2010, 01:11 AM
I don't think we overrate Gordon. As a Celtics fan, I just hate it when the ball is in his hands and we know he's gonna shoot.. but for some reason we just couldn't stop him.. For a defensive team that's really frustrating.

For this series? Man, this will be exciting.

But as a Bulls fan where we've watched him for many years, during the game, the last place I want the ball is in BGs hands, he cant dribble and often dribbles it off his foot, and he has AWFUL (understatement) shot selections. Sure you want him to take the last shot and IF (BIG IF) he makes it, its just making it up for all the terrible shots he took during the game. But thats just my opinion.

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 01:11 AM
and without the refs help, the bulls might of won the series. no flagrant called on rondo for the miller hit, rondo should of been thrown out of the game where he threw hinrich into the table, and maybe if gordon actually knew how to play D, he might of not needed the buzzer beaters to win.

I'm a neutral fan and I watched that entire series and there were bad calls made both ways. If anything the Celtics probably got a few more bad calls against them. I hate when people blame refs. Maybe refs can sway one game but a 7 game series? Give me a break.

effen5
02-21-2010, 01:12 AM
One last thing about BG, last year, the only thing the Bulls did was put BG at the top, give him the ball, and let him shoot, our offense got stagnant REAL FAST, this year, the balls moving, everyones getting touches, everyones being unselfish, and we just overall have a better offense this year.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2010, 01:15 AM
One last thing about BG, last year, the only thing the Bulls did was put BG at the top, give him the ball, and let him shoot, our offense got stagnant REAL FAST, this year, the balls moving, everyones getting touches, everyones being unselfish, and we just overall have a better offense this year.

:clap:

SteveNash
02-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Celtics sweep.

Bulls have a better offense and it shows what with the Bulls scoring LESS PPG, turning the ball over MORE, while shooting WORSE on 2pt, 3pt, and FT attempts.

Procision
02-21-2010, 01:20 AM
As a bulls fan if boston is healthy they will probably take it. I think in Celtics in 6

shep33
02-21-2010, 01:21 AM
After re-examining the Bulls roster, you know what I think they're pretty decent actually. Warrick is just like Thomas except can actually score more efficiently. If Chi-town plays uptempo i can see the taking it to 7. In reality Boston can't afford to go 7 in the early rounds, cause they'll run out of steam. I think we'd all agree that if Boston played the Cavs, Magic, and Hawks could all take them to 7.

xxcubs22xx
02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Celtics sweep.

:laugh:

The Bulls would win in 7 or less

effen5
02-21-2010, 01:24 AM
As a bulls fan if boston is healthy they will probably take it. I think in Celtics in 6

KG has to be healthy otherwise the Celtics defense is compromised.

SteveNash
02-21-2010, 01:36 AM

Bulls are 0-8 when going up against KG and the Celtics.

iced_earth4
02-21-2010, 01:42 AM
No question, Celtics!

_KB24_
02-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Celtics in 5. They would merk this years team. Gordon was HUGE x19829102810821 for the Bulls in that series.

bearsfan123
02-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Rose has matured and upped his game tremendously though.

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 01:52 AM

LOL That's a joke right? It must be because the Bulls have never beat the Celtics with KG. You could argue the Celtics bench is just as good as the Bulls starters. This isn't the same Celtics bench as last year and KG is healthy. Bulls get smacked in the mouth in that series.

Bulls Starters
PG- Rose
SG- Hinrich
SF- Deng
PF- Gibson
C- Miller

Celtics Bench
PG- Robinson
SG- T. Allen
SF- Daniels
PF- Davis
C- Wallace

0nekhmer
02-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Last year's boston-bulls series was the most fun to watch. I actually liked it more than the finals. Haha just seeing Gordon and Ray hitting them clutch shots over and over

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 02:13 AM
I'm a neutral fan and I watched that entire series and there were bad calls made both ways. If anything the Celtics probably got a few more bad calls against them. I hate when people blame refs. Maybe refs can sway one game but a 7 game series? Give me a break.

really? well ask the kings that question and how the refs affected the outcome of that series.

Sadds The Gr8
02-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Anyone who says the Bulls would win this series is on some cheap drug...no way in hell do they beat Boston with a healthy Kg. And although Rose has gotten better as he should have, they still dont have a outside threat to give the ball to and burn the C's from long range like Gordon did; even Salmons would help in that department. All the Bulls fans that are hating on Gordon don't realize he's the only reason they were even close in that series...If they meet again this year with healthy Celtics, C's win in 5. And this is coming from someone who hates the Celtics...

vash9
02-21-2010, 02:44 AM
Yeah definitely Celtics.

Ben Gordon was the reason the Bulls kept hanging in there.

nitric
02-21-2010, 03:01 AM
Absolutely TRUE, look at all the games where Gordon went off looking for his own points, game 2, game 3, game 5, WE LOST.

game 6, BG had NO EFFECT, and that game went to triple OT and we won. BG only had 12 points and fouled out.

I think BG avged around 14ppg in WINS whereas Rose was 29/9/9 in our wins.

nitric
02-21-2010, 03:03 AM
LOL That's a joke right? It must be because the Bulls have never beat the Celtics with KG. You could argue the Celtics bench is just as good as the Bulls starters. This isn't the same Celtics bench as last year and KG is healthy. Bulls get smacked in the mouth in that series.

Bulls Starters
PG- Rose
SG- Hinrich
SF- Deng
PF- Gibson
C- Miller

Celtics Bench
PG- Robinson
SG- T. Allen
SF- Daniels
PF- Davis
C- Wallace

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 03:08 AM

Bulls Starters
PG- Rose
SG- Hinrich
SF- Deng
PF- Gibson
C- Miller

Celtics Bench
PG- Robinson
SG- T. Allen
SF- Daniels
PF- Davis
C- Wallace

:facepalm:

SteveNash
02-21-2010, 03:14 AM
I think BG avged around 14ppg in WINS whereas Rose was 29/9/9 in our wins.

What numbers did Rose and Gordon put up in overtime?

Fireworld
02-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Celtics win, No Ben Gordon

abe_froman
02-21-2010, 03:28 AM
basing your decision off last year,basing it from last year.both teams and circumstances are different

but it'd be fun to find out

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 03:42 AM
really? well ask the kings that question and how the refs affected the outcome of that series.

That was one game. It would have clinched the series for sure and everybody knows that was one of the worst officiated series of all time but, I never heard anyone except for Bulls fans say officiating blew the Celtics series for them. The whole world knows the Kings got screwed. Totally different scenario my friend.

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 03:45 AM
:facepalm:

HMM. Davis is equal to Gibson. Wallace is equal to Miller. Daniels is equal to Hinrich but does a lot more things than Hinrich does. If you put the Celtics bench against the Bulls starters 10 times the Celtics bench would probably win that game 3 times so, how can the Bulls beat the Celtics in a 7 game series. Nate Robinson, Rasheed Wallace, and Marquis Daniels are a huge upgrade to the Celtics bench and Tony Allen has been playing his *** off the last month. The Celtics bench is solid. Series would probably be a sweep or Celts win in 5.

TheMollusk
02-21-2010, 04:00 AM
After reading through 5 pages of this garbage thread, it's surprising that nobody mentioned that Deng didn't play in the series last year.

TheMollusk
02-21-2010, 04:02 AM
HMM. Davis is equal to Gibson. Wallace is equal to Miller. Daniels is equal to Hinrich but does a lot more things than Hinrich does. If you put the Celtics bench against the Bulls starters 10 times the Celtics bench would probably win that game 3 times so, how can the Bulls beat the Celtics in a 7 game series. Nate Robinson, Rasheed Wallace, and Marquis Daniels are a huge upgrade to the Celtics bench and Tony Allen has been playing his *** off the last month. The Celtics bench is solid. Series would probably be a sweep or Celts win in 5.

this is just ridiculous. Celtics bench is better than the Bulls starters? don't even bother responding to this dude.

abe_froman
02-21-2010, 04:06 AM
After reading through 5 pages of this garbage thread, it's surprising that nobody mentioned that Deng didn't play in the series last year.

which is why its harder to tell,and basing off last year..simplifing this and making it into last year's bulls(minus gordon)v. last years celtics(plus kg)

each team has some players that didnt play in the series last year.due to injury or were on other teams at the time,or have been shipped off since than

D1JM
02-21-2010, 04:40 AM
All kg does is try to intimidate. The guy can ball but he's a *****. He only picks on certain guys. Howcome he didn't do **** but clap his hands like a dumbass when he flopped against artest. Maybe cuz artest is a crazy ****er that can kick his *** that's y. Would of been another guy in the league kg would of started barking and acting all crazy. What guy from his team even approach artest, no one. I only saw pierce with a big *** smile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWIL-tjRYyo

TheMollusk
02-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Did I say it was better you *** clown. Too busy playing wit your boyfriends package huh? I said the Celtics bench could beat the Bulls starters 3 times if they played 10 times. Are you gonna argue that Rasheed Wallace isn't just as good as Miller? Are you gonna argue that Marquis Daniels isn't as good as Hinrich? Are you gonna argue that Glen Davis isn't equal to Taj Gibson? Are you gonna say Nate Robinson can't score points in bunches. Learn the game of basketball before you ever open your mouth in these forums again.

don't bother mentioning rose, noah or deng? celtics bench don't beat bulls starters 3 out of 10 times. it's that simple.

FaM0us Skins
02-21-2010, 06:00 AM
celtics

northsider
02-21-2010, 06:06 AM
I still don't understand why a bulls topic ever gets brought up in the NBA forum when it is already recognized that most people on this forum either A. hate hearing about them B. never have anything intelligent to say or C. just hate Chicago period.

Would the series be good... Yes, would the Celtics win, probably especially with a healthy KG. Would anyone on this forum ever acknowledge the Bulls being a decent team after they are feed with so many bulls threads.....NEVER. This forum is full of intelligent people but, it is also filled with allot of haters.

Just save your breath we can all sit hear and talk match up and match up but, for those taking negative comments serious just let the Bulls game answer any question's about it.

tcav701
02-21-2010, 06:23 AM
I still don't understand why a bulls topic ever gets brought up in the NBA forum when it is already recognized that most people on this forum either A. hate hearing about them B. never have anything intelligent to say or C. just hate Chicago period.

Would the series be good... Yes, would the Celtics win, probably especially with a healthy KG. Would anyone on this forum ever acknowledge the Bulls being a decent team after they are feed with so many bulls threads.....NEVER. This forum is full of intelligent people but, it is also filled with allot of haters.

Just save your breath we can all sit hear and talk match up and match up but, for those taking negative comments serious just let the Bulls game answer any question's about it.

The reason there are "haters" in bulls threads are because clearly ******** chicago fans believe their team is championship caliber, they believe Rose is already among the elite payers, and several bull fans are in this thread trying to explain why the bulls will beats the C's in the playoffs.

i have seen a few bulls fans with solid posts and good NBA knowledge. But if you dont contol the idiots making posts like these you are guilty by accosiation. Thats why there are "haters".

And as far as this series, anything can happen. However it would take an act of god for the bulls to win this series. The C's are better at every aspect of the game other than maybe rebounding and are better or even with every bulls player and bench on a position by position basis.

The fact that 22 out of 50 people voted bulls on this poll makes me weep for our future.

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 07:05 AM
That was one game. It would have clinched the series for sure and everybody knows that was one of the worst officiated series of all time but, I never heard anyone except for Bulls fans say officiating blew the Celtics series for them. The whole world knows the Kings got screwed. Totally different scenario my friend.

no it wasnt one game. i dont know how old you are but im old enough to remember the series. the refs affected majorly games 5 and 7 and called some pretty crappy ones in game 6. i was there, i remember.

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 07:06 AM

you seriously have probably the lowest bball IQ of anyone on this site and i know for a fact some 12 year olds post on this site. we should really do IQ tests for sports before we allow people on here

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 07:28 AM
no it wasnt one game. i dont know how old you are but im old enough to remember the series. the refs affected majorly games 5 and 7 and called some pretty crappy ones in game 6. i was there, i remember.

Game 6 was the major one. The Blazers were blowing the Lakers out and the refs got LA back into the game. Game 6 is the one everyone talks about. Shows that you don't know much about basketball. Say hi to your boyfriend for me. You must have been busy with him that year.

zambo4president
02-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Bulls in 6.

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 07:34 AM
you seriously have probably the lowest bball IQ of anyone on this site and i know for a fact some 12 year olds post on this site. we should really do IQ tests for sports before we allow people on here

You have the lowest basketball IQ I've ever seen. I started a PG for the Holy Cross team that came within seconds of knocking Dwayne Wade out of the NCAA tournament. We went to the big dance twice out of the 4 years I played. I have more basketball knowledge in my pinky finger then you have in your entire dumb looking head. You really think the Bulls have a chance when they are 0-8 against the C's when KG is healthy? You sure are dumb then. You are blinded. You couldn't even beat the Celtics without KG last year and two of your top 3 players in that series Salmons and Gordon are gone. I guarantee if you put the Celtics bench against the Bulls starting 5 they would give them a good game. There's a possibility the Bulls don't even make the playoffs. They're 3 games above .500. How do you figure they are that good. Your a fool.

D1JM
02-21-2010, 07:42 AM
The reason there are "haters" in bulls threads are because clearly ******** chicago fans believe their team is championship caliber, they believe Rose is already among the elite payers, and several bull fans are in this thread trying to explain why the bulls will beats the C's in the playoffs.

i have seen a few bulls fans with solid posts and good NBA knowledge. But if you dont contol the idiots making posts like these you are guilty by accosiation. Thats why there are "haters".

And as far as this series, anything can happen. However it would take an act of god for the bulls to win this series. The C's are better at every aspect of the game other than maybe rebounding and are better or even with every bulls player and bench on a position by position basis.

The fact that 22 out of 50 people voted bulls on this poll makes me weep for our future.

I think u mean association, and since we r both from the human race, can u enlighten me on how to stop you from making Unlettered comments. We r associated trough the human race, right?

magichatnumber9
02-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Lets revisit this in a month and then talk who would win. So much can change. Celtics just turned on a switch after the all star break so we will see.

tcav701
02-21-2010, 08:29 AM
I think u mean association, and since we r both from the human race, can u enlighten me on how to stop you from making Unlettered comments. We r associated trough the human race, right?

hahha yea thats what i meant a little early in the morning for me haha.

I am talking about the association between bulls fans with nba knowledge and bulls fans that are beyond homers. Whenever there a posts in regaurd to the bulls or rose for that matter, there are 2 or 3 solid, educated comments from bulls fans sandwiched between 20-30 comments from bulls fans that dont have a clue.

The bulls are not a bad team and made good moves for next year but the things some people are saying on here make the whole city of chicago look mentally challenged when it comes to sports knowledge.

Just trying to answer one northsiders question

bigsams50
02-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Celtics would sweep the Bulls. Every time they've played this year the Celtics destroyed the Bulls

Corey
02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
With KG back I don't think the series would last too long.

I'd say Celtics in 5, possibly 6 if someone on the Bulls gets hot.

drobe86
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Celtics would sweep or possibly win in 5. The Celtics had absolutely no front line in last years playoffs with injuries to KG, Powe, and Perk in and out of the lineup. Totally different story this year. Celtics by a landslide....

quade36
02-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Why this thread is 7 pages, I have no idea. Now, comparing the two, are the Bulls better then last year. YES. A LOT BETTER. Even without Ben Gordon who a lot of people here think is a superstar based on last year's playoffs. You all forget he barely shot 40% even with his clutch shooting. Rose isn't just better, Noah is ridiculously better as well. But that being said Boston has a better team. With KG this team is way better then last year. I think the Bulls would give good fight, but the Celtics would win, my guess is in 6.

Draco
02-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Celtics in 5 is what analysts said last season even with KG out. Celtics are trending down and Bulls are trending up.. I'd guess the Celtics have enough in the tank to win this series but right now they really don't look like a scary opponent.

quade36
02-21-2010, 12:53 PM
You have the lowest basketball IQ I've ever seen. I started a PG for the Holy Cross team that came within seconds of knocking Dwayne Wade out of the NCAA tournament. We went to the big dance twice out of the 4 years I played. I have more basketball knowledge in my pinky finger then you have in your entire dumb looking head. You really think the Bulls have a chance when they are 0-8 against the C's when KG is healthy? You sure are dumb then. You are blinded. You couldn't even beat the Celtics without KG last year and two of your top 3 players in that series Salmons and Gordon are gone. I guarantee if you put the Celtics bench against the Bulls starting 5 they would give them a good game. There's a possibility the Bulls don't even make the playoffs. They're 3 games above .500. How do you figure they are that good. Your a fool.

Ha, you may have played basketball, but commenting on someone like you are doing, shows great character and maturity. Seems like playing a team sport at a very high level has taught you a lot about respect for the game and for your peers.

"I have more basketball knowledge in my pinky finger then you have in your entire dumb looking head."

Wow, way to show your basketball knowledge there, very tactful.

dominater6192
02-21-2010, 01:12 PM
That's the thing the KG has'nt been "healthy" since December of 2008. You can't just expect him to get completely healthy automatically for the playoffs.

magichatnumber9
02-21-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm not going to be like other posters and punish the Bulls because of there current fan base. I think the bulls could take the Celtics to 7 games even with KG back.

magichatnumber9
02-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm just kidding Bulls fans,you know I'm cool with a few of you.

Mr. Fluffi
02-21-2010, 01:23 PM
With a healthy Garnett the Celtics would probably win in 6 or less.

However a lot of people post a lot of ******** in this thread. First of all Gordon shot a little bit under 40% in the series last year and you guys think he was the reason the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 games? Yes, he hit clutch shots, that's what he does, but no way in hell was he the best Bulls player for 48min per game.

In case no one noticed the Bulls have a better record this year without Ben "Jesus" Gordon and their defense is way better. That guy Deng, who averages 18/7 (or something like that, I'm too lazy to look it up :D), is healthy this year and Noah is way better than last year (btw. :facepalm: at the guy who compared the Bulls starting lineup to the Celtics bench and had Miller as our starting center). Oh and Rose made a lot of progress as well. And we have Taj Gibson now, who is a lot better than we (I) thought and leads all Rookies in double-doubles.

So although the Celtics are obviously the big favorites to win the series with a healthy KG (there's a reason they are the 3. seed and we are the 6.) the Bulls have a better chance winning the series this year than they would have had last year against a healthy Boston team.

From an unbaised perspective it would be epic if the Bulls and Celtics met again in the playoffs and went to 7 games again. Rose against Rondo is going to be a rivalry for years to come anyways and I'd just love to see another real rivalry in the NBA.

Kakaroach
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
It wouldn't be as good as last year cuz the Bulls have lost Ben Gordon and John Salmons but do have Luol Deng back and the Celtics might be fully healthy for this one.

That was one amazing series though.

td0tsfinest
02-21-2010, 01:25 PM
If KG plays, celtics.

Southsideheat
02-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Noah would shut down a one-legged Garnett. Garnett is so slow now.
Deng would match up nicely against Pierce.
And Hinrich would do 10 times better than BG against Allen.

At the end of the day, i think the Bulls just would out-work them. Boston is a shadow of their 2008 days.

effen5
02-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Noah would shut down a one-legged Garnett. Garnett is so slow now.
Deng would match up nicely against Pierce.
And Hinrich would do 10 times better than BG against Allen.

At the end of the day, i think the Bulls just would out-work them. Boston is a shadow of their 2008 days.

Noah has PF, it be injury vs injury.
Deng would match up nicely against Pierce, last year we had Hinrich on Pierce.
And your right, Hinrich >>>>>>>BG on defense but last year he had to guard Pierce half the time so it would be nice to see a Hinrich on Allen.

mjqusoldier
02-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Bulls would win. The Celtics run is over!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap: Time to start thinking about the future Celts fans because no more contending for at least a decade:clap::clap::clap:

D1JM
02-21-2010, 02:59 PM
I am starting to laugh at all the if kg is healthy, if the celtics are healthy, if, if, if, if ********. Why not if pargo has a hall of fame career series against the celtics bulls win by a landslide.

Super.
02-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Lets look at the matchups already this season...

Game 1 - October 30th - Celtics 118 - Bulls 90
(Notable DNP - Scal)

I was at this game. Celtics dominated from minute one. Pierce OWNED Deng so bad that Deng had ZERO points.

Game 2 - December 12th - Celtics 106 - Bulls 80

Another game of Celtic domination
(Notable DNP - Tyrus Thomas)

Game 3 - January 14- Celtics 83 - Bulls 96

(Notable DNP - Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace)

The only game that the Bulls won was a game where the Celtics were without KG, and Sheed. Its one thing to be with KG, but Sheed is that big guy off the bench. Sheed had previously done very well against the Bulls

But all in all, it really depends on the Celtics health. If they're healthy i saw 6 games TOPS. Maybe one OT that the bulls squeak out. It wouldnt be nearly as close as last years. Which was AMAZING

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I am starting to laugh at all the if kg is healthy, if the celtics are healthy, if, if, if, if ********. Why not if pargo has a hall of fame career series against the celtics bulls win by a landslide.

because pargo being a superstar is not possible. u fool. if your going to call people out, at least sound like u have the brain of a florida state football player. ohhhh

NYKnickFanatic
02-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Nate Robinson.

/thread.

D1JM
02-21-2010, 03:28 PM
because pargo being a superstar is not possible. u fool. if your going to call people out, at least sound like u have the brain of a florida state football player. ohhhh

its in if right? Just a big *** if hah

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 03:35 PM
All i have to say about this is:

Leave it to Bulls fans to make the most hated team on psd (Celtics) look like everyone's favorite. Only the Bulls' fans twisted logic of less Ben Gordon and the Celtics adding KG, Sheed, Daniels, and Nate Robinson can make it sound like the Bulls got so much better and the Celtics got worse.

Biased? no no no. Biased is saying Rose can average 40 PPG. 90% of the bulls fans here left bias on their home page brought straight up blind love for their team in this discussion.

I mean cavs, magic, lakers, knicks, nuggets fans think the Celtics destroy the bulls.

Get over your team. you should have traded for Amar'e and then maybe we can talk.

My honest 100% unbiased eval.

Rondo = Rose. dont bother splitting hairs.
Ray> who is the bulls SG now? Hinrich?
Pierce> Deng.
KG> i dont know who is going to match up to him. Warrick? seriously?
Perkins = Noah. and thats being nice.

off the bench. Nate Robinson, Marquis Daniels, Rasheed Wallace, Glen Davis, Tony Allen.

if bulls fans had those bench players starting, they would argue they can beat us.

just shut up already and watch the games.

Ethix11
02-21-2010, 03:37 PM
No Ben Gordon? Boston in 4. Boston got stronger while Bulls got weaker.

D1JM
02-21-2010, 03:38 PM
All i have to say about this is:

Leave it to Bulls fans to make the most hated team on psd (Celtics) look like everyone's favorite. Only the Bulls' fans twisted logic of less Ben Gordon and the Celtics adding KG, Sheed, Daniels, and Nate Robinson can make it sound like the Bulls got so much better and the Celtics got worse.

Biased? no no no. Biased is saying Rose can average 40 PPG. 90% of the bulls fans here left bias on their home page brought straight up blind love for their team in this discussion.

I mean cavs, magic, lakers, knicks, nuggets fans think the Celtics destroy the bulls.

Get over your team. you should have traded for Amar'e and then maybe we can talk.

My honest 100% unbiased eval.

Rondo = Rose. dont bother splitting hairs.
Ray> who is the bulls SG now? Hinrich?
Pierce> Deng.
KG> i dont know who is going to match up to him. Warrick? seriously?
Perkins = Noah. and thats being nice.

off the bench. Nate Robinson, Marquis Daniels, Rasheed Wallace, Glen Davis, Tony Allen.

if bulls fans had those bench players starting, they would argue they can beat us.

just shut up already and watch the games.

maybe you should take your own advice ;)

BTownTeamsRKing
02-21-2010, 03:43 PM
maybe you should take your own advice ;)

haha funny thing. i realized that once i finished. dont mind me. im stressed as **** and il vent like crazy through sports.

i just cant believe u guys think we got worse and u guys got so much better. it just does not register with me.

yes BG is OVERRATED. but in that series, HE WASNT!

D1JM
02-21-2010, 03:55 PM
haha funny thing. i realized that once i finished. dont mind me. im stressed as **** and il vent like crazy through sports.

i just cant believe u guys think we got worse and u guys got so much better. it just does not register with me.

yes BG is OVERRATED. but in that series, HE WASNT!

You guys didnt get worse, but you guys thinking we got worse by losing BG is wrong. BG was a black hole. Once he had the ball he was going to shoot it and not give it up. We lost salmons and tyrus but they werent starters. The reality is that the bulls dont have a good team to probably get out of the first round. However, that dont mean that the bulls cant give another team some trouble. Main goal for the bulls was to try to set them up nicely for one of the top FA this season. I think they have enough talent for those top FA to look at chitown. Yea you can vent i dont mind lol

Draco
02-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Only the Bulls' fans twisted logic of less Ben Gordon and the Celtics adding KG, Sheed, Daniels, and Nate Robinson can make it sound like the Bulls got so much better and the Celtics got worse.

I think you're exaggerating. Personally, I think the Bulls got better and the Celtics got worse. How much better or how much worse doesn't really matter to me. My opinion is the Bulls are trending up and the Celtics are trending down and there's not much for me to go on to lead me to believe the Celtics would dominate the Bulls. I have no problem with the opinion that the Celtics would win. I'd give them that benefit of the doubt because they're a veteran team and a former champion... but it's obvious the Celtics are worse than they were last season at this time and that the Bulls are better than they were last season at this time. (yes, even without Gordon)

Southsideheat
02-21-2010, 05:46 PM
The sad thing about it is Celtic fans think we got worse because Ben Gordon is not on the team anymore. Did they watch the games last year? He's scores 30 and gives up 45 on the other end. It's not that hard to figure out, it really isn't.

As far as this season's matchups, with an old team, of course they play better early in the season. They've been fading every month, old teams don't just suddenly get less tired toward the end of the season. The only reason the Bulls were in that series last year was because they ran them out of the gym, am i supposed to think that one year later that's going to change? Am i supposed to think a one-legged Garnett is going to change that?

They made their run, and won it, it was a success. But it's over now.

koreancabbage
02-21-2010, 05:56 PM
in a 7 game series, i'd take the celtics just b/c the Bull's front court is garbage. 4 and 5 contribute almost nothing to the offense scheme and it's not like they are rated above average on defense in their front court. All the teams ahead of them right now- Toronto, Celtics, Atlanta, Magic, and Cavs would beat them and rape them over and over again in the front court.

The front court would have much greater success against the Bulls front court than the Bulls guards against the wing players of the 5 teams mentioned

Bull's front court <<<<< front court of the 5 teams mentioned

and the Bulls DID lose, didn't they, i don't care if the series went to 7 games, the better team won and went on.

effen5
02-21-2010, 05:57 PM
No Ben Gordon? Boston in 4. Boston got stronger while Bulls got weaker.

False and Fail

JordansBulls
02-21-2010, 07:00 PM
The Celtics would beat us in a series still.

ChiSox219
02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
If KG is healthy, Boston wins.

That's a big IF.

The Bulls didn't have their best player last season and this year Rose and Noah have progressed and we added real depth in the front court with Hakim Warrick able to contribute without making as many stupid mistakes as Tyrus did.

Someone touched on it, but Gordon's best games came in the wins and his big numbers came in the losses. I'm not saying we couldn't use him now but we are a better team this year.

And for all the talk about Boston's bench, Rasheed has been terrible this year, you could make a case he's one of the worst rotation players in 2010.

itsripcity32
02-21-2010, 07:25 PM
lol bulls. celtics in 5

itsripcity32
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
False and Fail

true and the truth

PantyRaider
02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
The sad thing about it is Celtic fans think we got worse because Ben Gordon is not on the team anymore. Did they watch the games last year? He's scores 30 and gives up 45 on the other end. It's not that hard to figure out, it really isn't.

As far as this season's matchups, with an old team, of course they play better early in the season. They've been fading every month, old teams don't just suddenly get less tired toward the end of the season. The only reason the Bulls were in that series last year was because they ran them out of the gym, am i supposed to think that one year later that's going to change? Am i supposed to think a one-legged Garnett is going to change that?

They made their run, and won it, it was a success. But it's over now.

They're not better because Boston destroyed them 4 times this year with KG injured a couple times. Marquis Daniels injured a couple times and Sheed injured once. How the Bulls have a chance in a 7 game series is beyond me.

effen5
02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
true and the truth

Provide proof?

Bulls record is better without BG
Bulls offense is better without BG
Bulls defense is much better without BG

Sorry BG, I hope your enjoying Detroit

effen5
02-21-2010, 07:51 PM
They're not better because Boston destroyed them 4 times this year with KG injured a couple times. Marquis Daniels injured a couple times and Sheed injured once. How the Bulls have a chance in a 7 game series is beyond me.

Isnt this what C and the rest of the league said last year? If anything, the C's are more injured then they were last year...KG is hurt, Pierce is hurt, Ray Allen is playing poorly, Big Baby has been hurt not to mention your team got even OLDER this year. No more house, you guys add an old Rasheed Wallace etc etc

Draco
02-21-2010, 07:56 PM

Hang your hat on the regular season series if you want.. I won't.

Mr.WhiteSox
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM

Celtics win in game 5.

Ben gordon sucks. his over under rating when he is on the floor is always under. Not only were the bulls worse with him but also detroit. also, kg??? 14 and 7 every night.. yea id take noah over him. with young fresh legs. bulls in 7.

koreancabbage
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
ROFL

Bulls think they could beat the Celtics WITH KG this time around.

i don't know about you guys but the Celtics are better team in the playoffs this time around cuz they KG back. Chicago lost their bench and clutch player in Gordon and the Celtics gained KG back and has Rondo even better than last year.

there is no contest this year- Celtics in 5

koreancabbage
02-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Ben gordon sucks. his over under rating when he is on the floor is always under. Not only were the bulls worse with him but also detroit. also, kg??? 14 and 7 every night.. yea id take noah over him. with young fresh legs. bulls in 7.

Celtics didn't have KG last year. Noah can't score either FYI

JNA17
02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
celtics

shep33
02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
I think the Bulls can definitely hang, Rose has played great over the last couple months, and if they run they'll make it a long series for the Celts, something that Boston can't really afford to have with their injuries and age.

effen5
02-21-2010, 08:12 PM
ROFL

Bulls think they could beat the Celtics WITH KG this time around.

i don't know about you guys but the Celtics are better team in the playoffs this time around cuz they KG back. Chicago lost their bench and clutch player in Gordon and the Celtics gained KG back and has Rondo even better than last year.

there is no contest this year- Celtics in 5

I have no clue where your getting this from kimchi....

Chicago's bench is even BETTER then last year....great Gordon is gone but Deng didn't play last year and hes average 18pts a game which makes up Gordons points, KG ISNT HEALTHY, neither is PIERCE....cool Rondo is even better than last year but so is Rose, Rose is just filthy right now,.

BTW I love how people keep bringing up KG but doesn't bring up the fact that Deng didn't play. KG is VERY important to the Celtics, but Deng is one of our best players yet no one brings that fact up.

D Roses Bulls
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
i still cant get over someone said the celtics bench is better then the bulls starters. that deserves a ban right there

drobe86
02-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I have no clue where your getting this from kimchi....

Chicago's bench is even BETTER then last year....great Gordon is gone but Deng didn't play last year and hes average 18pts a game which makes up Gordons points, KG ISNT HEALTHY, neither is PIERCE....cool Rondo is even better than last year but so is Rose, Rose is just filthy right now,.

BTW I love how people keep bringing up KG but doesn't bring up the fact that Deng didn't play. KG is VERY important to the Celtics, but Deng is one of our best players yet no one brings that fact up.

Lol... Hello cuz maybe Luol deng isn't on the same planet as Kevin Garnett. And not just statistically I'm talking presence. Luol Deng is merely a guy. There's nothing special about him nor has there ever been. So the impact that Luol Deng has on Chicago is far less than that of Kg in Boston. Get it now?

JNA17
02-21-2010, 08:39 PM
i still cant get over someone said the celtics bench is better then the bulls starters. that deserves a ban right there

an explanation would be helpful

drobe86
02-21-2010, 08:40 PM

That is a little over the top, but it's not that far off. Other than Derrick Rose Chicago has a lot of 3rd and 4th rate guys. I mean seriously chicago doesn't win 1 matchup in the starting 5. Rose and Rondo are equal, and then the rest of Boston's starting 5 are superior to Chi. Then the bench really isn't close at all. I mean add Nate Robinson to Marquis Daniels, Allen, Big Baby, and Sheed. That statement really isn't that far off......

Draco
02-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Lol... Hello cuz maybe Luol deng isn't on the same planet as Kevin Garnett. And not just statistically I'm talking presence. Luol Deng is merely a guy. There's nothing special about him nor has there ever been. So the impact that Luol Deng has on Chicago is far less than that of Kg in Boston. Get it now?

You mean like KG getting on all fours and barking at Calderon?

Super.
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
The Celtics have already proven they can beat the Bulls when healthy. And not just beat, but annihilate. To anyone who legitimately thinks the Bulls can win a 7 game series. You need help.

GCOOKIE7
02-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I have a better question that may be thread worthy.

If the Nets play the Raptors in the playoffs again, who would win?

Southsideheat
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM

Hate to break it to you, but at this point in his career, other than being ridiculously annoying, KG is just a guy too. It's not that the Bulls are so good, but the Celtics are just that bad. Celtic fans are trying to hold onto something that just isn't there anymore. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

mikantsass
02-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Lol the Celtics bench is as good as the Bulls starters

effen5
02-22-2010, 12:01 AM
The Celtics have already proven they can beat the Bulls when healthy. And not just beat, but annihilate. To anyone who legitimately thinks the Bulls can win a 7 game series. You need help.

I don't remember the Celtics playing a healthy Bulls team in the past two years...

And whats more pathetic is that you guys need ALL THREE HALL OF FAMERS to beat the Bulls convincingly. But hey, when you guys lose, lets keep blaming it on injuries.

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 01:51 AM
I don't remember the Celtics playing a healthy Bulls team in the past two years...

And whats more pathetic is that you guys need ALL THREE HALL OF FAMERS to beat the Bulls convincingly. But hey, when you guys lose, lets keep blaming it on injuries.

no, they can just beat them with with JUST Pierce and Allen, like last year.

Rasheed and KG in the playoffs are probably the most overlooked aspect of this argument. Boston is going to rest KG during the stretch run and Rasheed just needs to find his stroke. He's clutch and a proven playoff competitor.

Rasheed and KG would rip the Bulls a new hole upfront. Only reason why the series went 7 games is b/c of the plays of the guards and wings. Both teams almost had no inside presence. I'm sorry but this year's Boston team, even though they may not get past the teams like Orlando or Cleveland, have still one of the best front courts come playoff time in the Eastern conference. That means defense and offense.

Rose and whoever are going to find it a little harder to get into the paint and get a clean shot off when you have KG/Rasheed/Perkins in the paint in this year's playoffs if Chicago and Boston meet.

HesterTrain
02-22-2010, 02:46 AM

Rasheed and KG in the playoffs are probably the most overlooked aspect of this argument. Boston is going to rest KG during the stretch run and Rasheed just needs to find his stroke. He's clutch and a proven playoff competitor.

Rasheed and KG would rip the Bulls a new hole upfront. Only reason why the series went 7 games is b/c of the plays of the guards and wings. Both teams almost had no inside presence. I'm sorry but this year's Boston team, even though they may not get past the teams like Orlando or Cleveland, have still one of the best front courts come playoff time in the Eastern conference. That means defense and offense.

Rose and whoever are going to find it a little harder to get into the paint and get a clean shot off when you have KG/Rasheed/Perkins in the paint in this year's playoffs if Chicago and Boston meet.

Well you better hope to beat the Bulls this year. Next year you won't stand a chance with the max FA's we bring to town.

Raoul Duke_91
02-22-2010, 02:56 AM
Not to mention Boston lost one of their better shooters in House,.

house did nothing in that series last year except brick 3s.

quade36
02-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Leave it to Celtics fans to make a topic blow up bigger then it should have. I've read through most of the posts. Most Bulls fans who think the Bulls have a shot feel that the series would go 7 and there are health concerns with Garnett. That being said, most Bulls fans posting say two things. 1. The Celtics SHOULD win the series if it plays out. 2. Ben Gordon IS overrated and the team IS better without him. So lets not make a bigger issue then it is Celtic fans. No one is denying your team's greatness and awesomeness. Take a chill pill. Congrats, you have other fans believing your team is better. Even if the Bulls somehow win the series in the playoffs, guess what. Your team is still probably better. So stop making a mountain out of a molehile.

UK Ivy
02-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Bulls Starters
PG- Rose
SG- Hinrich
SF- Deng
PF- Gibson
C- Miller

Celtics Bench
PG- Robinson
SG- T. Allen
SF- Daniels
PF- Davis
C- Wallace

You do not watch basketball do you? if anything our bench matches up perfectly with yours

PG-Hinrich/Pargo who is Ben Gordon lite
SG-Murray
SF-James Johnson
PF-Warrick
C- Miller

nitric
02-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Win or Lose it would be exciting to get a rematch of last year. Even though the Bulls lost, it was one of the best series I have ever witnessed :P

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:32 PM
celtics

Knickrocketsfan
02-22-2010, 12:33 PM
simply said bulls are a subpar team

PatsSoxKnicks
02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Celtics in 5 or 6 games

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Well you better hope to beat the Bulls this year. Next year you won't stand a chance with the max FA's we bring to town.

ROFL

if any for that matter.

let's just say theoretically:

What if Bosh, Lebron, Wade stay in their cities?

Amare goes to the Knicks to play with McGrady?

and somehow ATL keeps Joe Johnson?

who is there left?

DaBUU
02-22-2010, 01:56 PM

you know what thats what everyone was saying last year too and what happened? If we do lose to your bum *** C's this is the last year. Max F.A. or not next year, your run is over, It'll be The Bulls turn. Old *** Celtics trying to hang on to one last run. It's over Johnny!

xxcubs22xx
02-22-2010, 02:18 PM

sounds likes you need help there buddy

Either that or you completely forgot the entire Boston vs Chicago series last year.

Celtics suck, Rondo is the only legit player left on that team. The rest are babies, and players with egos bigger then their actual talent.

Paul Pierce sucks, shouldn't have even been considered for the 3 pt contest.

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM

Either that or you completely forgot the entire Boston vs Chicago series last year.

Celtics suck, Rondo is the only legit player left on that team. The rest are babies, and players with egos bigger then their actual talent.

and yet Celtics won the series and Pierce won the 3-point shooting contest- what a predicament that you are in.

are you saying that Rondo won the series himself over the Bulls? ROFL well, he's better this year, so i should be scared of Rondo if i were you

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
ROFL

if any for that matter.

who is there left?

yes, you can say that, but it can go either way. Either way, all we can do is go up. Raps on the other hand, who knows, but there is a chance they take a large hit. Bulls have 0 chance of being worse next year than this year, barring injury.

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
yes, you can say that, but it can go either way. Either way, all we can do is go up. Raps on the other hand, who knows, but there is a chance they take a large hit. Bulls have 0 chance of being worse next year than this year, barring injury.

true, they gots the boatload of cash!

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 02:26 PM
If Bulls play the C's, we have nothing to lose. We are a 5-6 seed at best right now, and are 100% expected to be a 1st round exit. On the other hand, this seems to be the last year for the Celtics to be a title contender, all the pressure is on them to win. Based off last year, I think realistically it will be a great series again, probably not as good as last year, but still a good battle nonetheless. C's have Garnett back, but obviously not the same Garnett as years before, Bulls have Deng back. Will be fun either way.

xxcubs22xx
02-22-2010, 02:27 PM
and yet Celtics won the series and Pierce won the 3-point shooting contest- what a predicament that you are on.

are you saying that Rondo won the series himself over the Bulls? ROFL well, he's better this year, so i should be scared of Rondo if i were you

lol predicament? What ****** vocabulary you have

3pt shooting contest is a joke

Rondo played out of his mind that series. So unless he averages a triple double per game for the series i doubt he will make more of a difference.

The Bulls are young, celtics are mainly old.

The bulls no longer have to compensate for Ben Gordon's ole' defense. And they no longer have to waste possessions on him trying to save us with his STREAKY AT BEST shooting ability.

If i were you'd i'd be scared of DRose then, if you are going to pull the "Get scare of Rondo" card. Rondo don't scare anybody...he can throw opponents into the scores table all he wants. hes nothing but a *****

ChiSox219
02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
ROFL

if any for that matter.

who is there left?

Lee, Boozer, Gay to name a few.

Why does Bosh stay? The Raptors aren't title contenders, they have no financial flexibility, and they don't have a 1st round pick. If he wants to win, he'll leave. If he really enjoys Toronto and would be more comfortable there, then he'll stay.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
true, they gots the boatload of cash!

Enough to steal your best player away, which is our dream.

Super.
02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
you know what thats what everyone was saying last year too and what happened? If we do lose to your bum *** C's this is the last year. Max F.A. or not next year, your run is over, It'll be The Bulls turn. Old *** Celtics trying to hang on to one last run. It's over Johnny!

Next year is next year, so keep dreaming about that. Yea thats right, everyone was saying that a HEALTHY Celtics squad would crush them. Hey! wait a second...Wasnt KG, one of the teams best players injured for the majority of the season and didnt play in the playoffs at all? Riiiight

Oh really? Did you forget the fact that i said, "when healthy" or did that just slip your mind? Pierce sucks...thats why he won it right?

And wait a second...didn't we win last year too? Without KG? Riiiiight we did, i forgot that.

You Bulls fans....just keep making the rest of your fanbase looks like idiots...

Draco
02-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Lee, Boozer, Gay to name a few.

Why does Bosh stay? The Raptors aren't title contenders, they have no financial flexibility, and they don't have a 1st round pick. If he wants to win, he'll leave. If he really enjoys Toronto and would be more comfortable there, then he'll stay.

Correct me if I'm quoting you incorrectly Raptor fans.. Bosh will stay because, "Demar and Bargs will develop into studs" and because "BC will find a way to trade Calderon for someone even better than Calderon"

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Next year is next year, so keep dreaming about that. Yea thats right, everyone was saying that a HEALTHY Celtics squad would crush them. Hey! wait a second...Wasnt KG, one of the teams best players injured for the majority of the season and didnt play in the playoffs at all? Riiiight

Oh really? Did you forget the fact that i said, "when healthy" or did that just slip your mind? Pierce sucks...thats why he won it right?

And wait a second...didn't we win last year too? Without KG? Riiiiight we did, i forgot that.

You Bulls fans....just keep making the rest of your fanbase looks like idiots...

"When Healthy"

How often does that actually happen these days with the Celtics? Is KG ever going to be 100% again? Are you guys really 12-14 since Christmas? Also losing by 13 to Chicago in there at home.

And say what you want, we were also missing a key part of our team too for that playoff series, except he is 24 and not going to be a cripple in a few years.

Your team was a 62 game win team last year. This year you will probably be hardly over 50. That is quite a drop to me. I would be pretty nervous about who I play 1st round regardless of the team if I were a C's fan.

xxcubs22xx
02-22-2010, 02:45 PM

lol. last year the Celtics beat a Bulls team that is MUCH different from this year.

- We lead in opponent's fg% now
- Warrick and Murray instead of Tyrus and salmons
- 19-9 in our last 28 games
- no longer a rookie HC or PG

the list goes on...

I'd hope for a first round series against the Celtics ALL DAY...We matchup great against you...lmao i don't even understand how the bulls are underestimated so much, given that we took that series to 7 games. This year they would have their hands full with us.

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 02:47 PM
lol predicament? What ****** vocabulary you have

3pt shooting contest is a joke

Rondo played out of his mind that series. So unless he averages a triple double per game for the series i doubt he will make more of a difference.

The Bulls are young, celtics are mainly old.

The bulls no longer have to compensate for Ben Gordon's ole' defense. And they no longer have to waste possessions on him trying to save us with his STREAKY AT BEST shooting ability.

If i were you'd i'd be scared of DRose then, if you are going to pull the "Get scare of Rondo" card. Rondo don't scare anybody...he can throw opponents into the scores table all he wants. hes nothing but a *****

yes, and Celtics HAS beaten the Bulls when NOT healthy, so i don't know what you are trying to say.

3 point contest is a joke? then why are you saying Pierce shouldn't be in it? ROFL i don't get you.

Between Rose and Rondo, there isn't that much of a difference really. sure Rose has to do more with less options but you can't really go wrong with Rondo either. Both are in the conversation when it comes to up and coming PGs but neither are great PGs yet.

you don't make sense with your argument. You said previously that Rondo is the only legit player left on the Celtics and that he was one of the main factors why the Celtics won. By that logic, I assumed Rondo won the series for the Celtics.

You can't diss Rondo either. It's like rose isn't the best PG out there, contrary to some beliefs among Bulls fans. Rondo is just as tough as Rose and i'm pretty sure most people wouldn't mind having either player.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 02:49 PM
yes, and Celtics HAS beaten the Bulls when NOT healthy, so i don't know what you are trying to say.

3 point contest is a joke? then why are you saying Pierce shouldn't be in it? ROFL i don't get you.

Between Rose and Rondo, there isn't that much of a difference really. sure Rose has to do more with less options but you can't really go wrong with Rondo either. Both are in the conversation when it comes to up and coming PGs but neither are great PGs yet.

you don't make sense with your argument. You said previously that Rondo is the only legit player left on the Celtics and that he was one of the main factors why the Celtics won. By that logic, I assumed Rondo won the series for the Celtics.

You can't diss Rondo either. It's like rose isn't the best PG out there, contrary to some beliefs among Bulls fans. Rondo is just as tough as Rose and i'm pretty sure most people wouldn't mind having either player.

please, please, oh please don't get people going on the rose vs rondo fight.

Southsideheat
02-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Would love to see Rondo without 3 Hall of Famers. He's a great distributor but his game relies on his teamates finishing. He can't shoot a jumper or hit a free throw. He has value, but next to a guy like Rose who can score at anytime anywhere on the court, its really not a contest between the two.

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Enough to steal your best player away, which is our dream.

haha well lets hope my sake that it stays a dream =P

But you realize, in the most likely scenario, you're going to have to give us Deng and Noah as the basis for a sign and trade right?

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 02:52 PM
please, please, oh please don't get people going on the rose vs rondo fight.

sorry, didnt know there was one till now lol
:rolleyes:

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Would love to see Rondo without 3 Hall of Famers. He's a great distributor but his game relies on his teamates finishing. He can't shoot a jumper or hit a free throw. He has value, but next to a guy like Rose who can score at anytime anywhere on the court, its really not a contest between the two.

they're different kinds of PG

scoring hasn't been the forte for Jason Kidd either and he got his game at a very high level.

Stunner
02-22-2010, 02:56 PM

Clearly u didnt see that we didnt have Deng last year meaning we werent healthy in that series. We would have won with no KG. Bulls team is underrated a lil this year. But Boston will in 6 this year with KG if no KG Bulls in 7. Sorry thats jus how it is. Age plays a huge factor once the playoffs start u can want to play your best but the problem is,is your body gonna let u?

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 02:56 PM

But you realize, in the most likely scenario, you're going to have to give us Deng and Noah as the basis for a sign and trade right?

Im not saying it is going to happen, but you do know that the Bulls have enough cap space to sign Bosh without doing a sign and trade. If Bosh were going to the Bulls he wouldn't do a sign and trade where the Bulls lose 2 players like Deng and Noah, why would he want the team he is going to to lose good players when they don't have to?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 02:58 PM

Raps will only do a S & T if he wants to go to a team that doesn't have the cap space, which can still happen. Otherwise, why in the world would he want to sign with a team only if they have to give up 2 of its top players? Doesn't make sense, unless he has 0 desire to win. Bulls would in that case just move down the list to their next primary target, being Wade.

Super.
02-22-2010, 03:01 PM
"When Healthy"

How often does that actually happen these days with the Celtics? Is KG ever going to be 100% again? Are you guys really 12-14 since Christmas? Also losing by 13 to Chicago in there at home.

And say what you want, we were also missing a key part of our team too for that playoff series, except he is 24 and not going to be a cripple in a few years.

Your team was a 62 game win team last year. This year you will probably be hardly over 50. That is quite a drop to me. I would be pretty nervous about who I play 1st round regardless of the team if I were a C's fan.

Im nervous about playing a few teams in the playoffs. Notable Atlanta.

The Celtics have already proven they can handle the bulls.

lol. last year the Celtics beat a Bulls team that is MUCH different from this year.

- We lead in opponent's fg% now
- Warrick and Murray instead of Tyrus and salmons
- 19-9 in our last 28 games
- no longer a rookie HC or PG

the list goes on...

I'd hope for a first round series against the Celtics ALL DAY...We matchup great against you...lmao i don't even understand how the bulls are underestimated so much, given that we took that series to 7 games. This year they would have their hands full with us.

Do you want to see the scores from the first 2 times when the Celtics played the bulls? You know, when everyone was healthy?

118-90
106-80

The one time the Bulls beat the Celtics was the short period of time when KG and Wallace were out. Plus last year we were missing our PF starter, and our best backup in Leon Powe. Sure Big Baby played pretty damn good, but he's not close to a healthy Powe.

So what, i can pull a nice defensive stat that the Celtics are number 1 in as well. opponents ppg.

Good Luck beating a Healthy Celtics...

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Bulls fans should really stop being so ignorant and stop with this ****.It's only making you look stupid.

Boston would own your ***.

Rondo = Rose
Allen would own all your defenders and score on them
KG would post up any player you throw at him.

Do I need to continue??? Last year you barely won with your full squad while Boston did not have the main guy KG and you still got your *** rapped! NOW STFU and we can see each other in the playoffs and ill make sure Ill make a topic and ask you who is better!

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Bulls fans should really stop being so ignorant and stop with this ****.It's only making you look stupid.

Rondo = Rose

Do I need to continue??? Last year you barely won with your full squad while Boston did not have the main guy KG and you still got your *** rapped! NOW STFU and we can see each other in the playoffs and ill make sure Ill make a topic and ask you who is better!

Which is it? We won? Or we got Rapped? I wouldn't call a 7 game series with the most OT's ever a "raping" by any means. KG is hardly the type of player he has been in the past. The fact is you guys aren't even a .500 team since Christmas, while we are 19-10. Make injury excuses all you want, every team has them, we are dealing with them now, have been the whole month. We were without Deng for all the playoffs last year too. You guys are only 6 games up on us in the standings, that is hardly much to proclaim that you will destroy us, especially since our team is full of guys who are only progressing, and yours is full of guys doing the exact opposite. Have fun going back into your black hole that will last another 15 years or so after this year, while having old *** KG, Sheed, Pierce hogging up all your cap space.

Stunner
02-22-2010, 03:09 PM

Rondo = Rose

We didnt have Deng

Southsideheat
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Raps will only do a S & T if he wants to go to a team that doesn't have the cap space, which can still happen. Otherwise, why in the world would he want to sign with a team only if they have to give up 2 of its top players? Doesn't make sense, unless he has 0 desire to win. Bulls would in that case just move down the list to their next primary target, being Wade.

I would give up Deng in a S & T for Bosh. This way we would have enough cap space to get a shooter (Joe Johnson, Ray Allen ect.) With Bosh and Rose, Deng becomes expendible.

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Which is it? We won? Or we got Rapped? I wouldn't call a 7 game series with the most OT's ever a "raping" by any means. KG is hardly the type of player he has been in the past. The fact is you guys aren't even a .500 team since Christmas, while we are 19-10. Make injury excuses all you want, every team has them, we are dealing with them now, have been the whole month. We were without Deng for all the playoffs last year too. You guys are only 6 games up on us in the standings, that is hardly much to proclaim that you will destroy us, especially since our team is full of guys who are only progressing, and yours is full of guys doing the exact opposite. Have fun going back into your black hole that will last another 15 years or so after this year, while having old *** KG, Sheed, Pierce hogging up all your cap space.

You barely won why, we should sweep with you and that series technically was won by the bulls IMO, but still you got rapped with depleted BOSTON!!!

And dont talk about Black hole look at your team you were in the black hole until rose came up!!!
Now go, and pray that you pass the first round and then have the guts to speak to me.

CAN YOU DIG IT

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:13 PM
We didnt have Deng

KG is like no.1 in Celtics and Deng is like ... no.3 in bulls

Do i need to say more?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I would give up Deng in a S & T for Bosh. This way we would have enough cap space to get a shooter (Joe Johnson, Ray Allen ect.) With Bosh and Rose, Deng becomes expendible.

I agree we should do a S & T if we want to get 2 great players, but if we have the cap space to sign Bosh, I would rather do the S & T with a player who won't cost as much and sign Bosh.

magichatnumber9
02-22-2010, 03:15 PM
As a boston fan I had no problem with any member of the Bulls except for that baby faced white guy who rode the bench and cheer leaded like a moron the whole series, and would grab *** Miller when the team was in a huddle.

GodsSon
02-22-2010, 03:15 PM
If the Bulls play the Celtics again in the playoffs they'll get raped

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 03:17 PM
All of these responses show why the Bulls are so hated on this site. You Bulls fans are too funny. You actually think a below average team can beat a top 5 team without home court in a 7 game series. So keep on making your arguements, it just shows your lack of realism and your excessive homerism.

Draco
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
As a boston fan I had no problem with any member of the Bulls except for that baby faced white guy who rode the bench and cheer leaded like a moron the whole series, and would grab *** Miller when the team was in a huddle.

lol.. Aaron Gray?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:19 PM
You barely won why, we should sweep with you and that series technically was won by the bulls IMO, but still you got rapped with depleted BOSTON!!!

And dont talk about Black hole look at your team you were in the black hole until rose came up!!!
Now go, and pray that you pass the first round and then have the guts to speak to me.

CAN YOU DIG IT

I'm still trying to figure out what this "rapping" is your giving us. Are the C's coming out with a CD or something.

So you admit that the Bulls should have won. And you act like your team was depleted. You were missing a guy that is just important to your team as the guy we were missing is to ours. You say you should have swept, but then you say the Bulls technically won. What is it buddy?

We were a dismay of a team for about 6 years. You guys were for about a full decade and a half, now you will have a good 3 year run with 1 title, then back to the bottom again you go.

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:20 PM
All of these responses show why the Bulls are so hated on this site. You Bulls fans are too funny. You actually think a below average team can beat a top 5 team without home court in a 7 game series. So keep on making your arguements, it just shows your lack of realism and your excessive homerism.

Amen to that.
They think they can win the championship with rose as their leader.

LMFAOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

To all bulls fans that like to "dream to much" I would like to say, wait and be patient.We were in bad position and we managed to come out of it and win the ring, you should do the same and stop being so MOFO ignorant!

uptown0364
02-22-2010, 03:20 PM
KG is like no.1 in Celtics and Deng is like ... no.3 in bulls

Do i need to say more?

KG this year: 14pts 7reb
Deng this year: 18pts 7reb

Not sure why getting KG back is so much more important than us getting Deng back.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:23 PM

Top 5 team:laugh::laugh:

You guys aren't even .500 since Christmas. And time IS NOT on your side.

Lakers, Cavs, Magic, Hawks, Nuggets, Jazz just to name a few. Dallas is better now, SA would still beat you guys.

You guys are 6 games up on us in the standings. Wow. Here's to hoping you don't blow your division lead on Toronto.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Amen to that.

LMFAOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

To all bulls fans that like to "dream to much" I would like to say, wait and be patient.We were in bad position and we managed to come out of it and win the ring, you should do the same and stop being so MOFO ignorant!

how old are you?

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what this "rapping" is your giving us. Are the C's coming out with a CD or something.

So you admit that the Bulls should have won. And you act like your team was depleted. You were missing a guy that is just important to your team as the guy we were missing is to ours. You say you should have swept, but then you say the Bulls technically won. What is it buddy?

We were a dismay of a team for about 6 years. You guys were for about a full decade and a half, now you will have a good 3 year run with 1 title, then back to the bottom again you go.

If you manage to comprehend what I wrote you shall understand YES we WON but IMO, Bulls won the series cuz of the effort! AND at the end you were sorry I shall rap "bulls-bulls got raped" Sorry for before maybe my laughing to this stupid topic made me to put one extra letter. (rapping)

And KG is no1 for us as Deng is like no.2 or no.3 for you so, YOUR WRONG.
Damn you are slow man.

And Are you a fortune teller,if you are please tell me what are the numbers for the lottery any lottery...

Now stop embarrassing yourself and your team and go and eat a cookie.

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
KG this year: 14pts 7reb
Deng this year: 18pts 7reb

Not sure why getting KG back is so much more important than us getting Deng back.

Lookie here one more moron pooped out of the hole.

Maybe just maybe they are playing different roles.

You had like all MAIN guys healthy and they are far younger and we still kicked your butt.

nuff said.

uptown0364
02-22-2010, 03:29 PM
If you manage to comprehend what I wrote you shall understand YES we WON but IMO, Bulls won the series cuz of the effort! AND at the end you were sorry I shall rap "bulls-bulls got raped" Sorry for before maybe my laughing to this stupid topic made me to put one extra letter. (rapping)

Damn you are slow man.

And Are you a fortune teller,if you are please tell me what are the numbers for the lottery any lottery...

Deng>>>KG so our No. 3 is better than your #1? 14 and 7 for an "elite" power forward is pretty sad.

KG21
how old are you?

Old enough to date your mum.
Did this help you in any possible way?

lol

Cool007
Okay, let me sum it up.

As a Bulls fan, here is my opinion (Neutral).

1 - If KG is Healthy, then Bulls lose in 5.
2 - If KG is NOT healthy, I seriously take Bulls in 6.
3 - Without BG, Bulls are a BETTER team.
4 - Rose is 10x better than last year's Rose.
5 - Noah is 10x better than last year's Noah.
6 - Gibson/Warrick are FAR better than Tyrus last year.
7 - Vinny this year is FAR better than Rookie Vinny last year.
8 - Bulls' Depth is MUCH BETTER this year than last year.
9 - Bulls are #1 in opponent fg% this year (100x better defensively than last year).
10 - Bulls are SIMPLY 5x better team than last year.
11 - Bulls have a HEALTHY Deng who missed playoffs last year.

Here are other facts, even with TON OF injuries (Hinrich/Rose/Tyrus/Noah/Gibson/etc) and EVEN WITH them missing their leading scorer from last year in Gordon, Bulls are still 4 GAMES BETTER than last year at this point - Bulls are 29-26 this year while last year Bulls were 25-30.

Bulls also have a BIG TIME Closer now and top 4 player in the NBA this year in 4th qtr scoring in Derrick Rose. (Gordon was 11th last year). So Rose is already that much better. Rose is already better than Gordon ever was in the regular season for us (Rose is averaging 23ppg 4+rpg 6+apg last 2+ months). Gordon never even came close to that. Also people forget that we have HEALTHY DENG who is having a borderline All-Star year himself.

We really missed Deng's defense on Pierce last year, who does as good a job defensively on Pierce than anyone in the NBA. ALso, Hinrich Guarding Allen is 10x better than Gordon guarding Allen. Those things MATTER. It's just not about Scoring and whatever we lost in scoring in BG, Rose/Deng/Noah have improved a lot more to offset BG's scoring but we are 100x better on defensive end.

So like I said, if KG is healthy, then Bulls have no chance of upsetting Celtics. BUT, if KG is NOT healthy, then Bulls will beat Celtics in 6.

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Deng>>>KG so our No. 3 is better than your #1? 14 and 7 for an "elite" power forward is pretty sad.

I did not say that.You did :) It's so funny to post in your forums its just jolly god time.

Yeh obviously Deng is a SUPERB player we shall see him in playoffs.

Just dont drop the soap before we come to you :D

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:31 PM

Damn you are slow man.

:facepalm: Dear lord. I don't think anybody can comprehend what you are saying.

DaBUU
02-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Amen to that.

LMFAOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll agree with you on that, before The Cripple got to your team, the C's were an afterthought in the NBA. The Cripple had to be talked into being traded and that was only after McHale and Ainge gave each other oral and pulled a fast one. you had your nice lil 3 yr run, now its over. Ignorance must be recognizing we have one of the best young cores already in place, a top 3 market that sells out every game, and a whole lot of money to spend this offseason. The Celts on the other hand...........not so much of a future.

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Okay, let me sum it up.

As a Bulls fan, here is my opinion (Neutral).

1 - If KG is Healthy, then Bulls lose in 5.
2 - If KG is NOT healthy, I seriously take Bulls in 6.
3 - Without BG, Bulls are a BETTER team.
4 - Rose is 10x better than last year's Rose.
5 - Noah is 10x better than last year's Noah.
6 - Gibson/Warrick are FAR better than Tyrus last year.
7 - Vinny this year is FAR better than Rookie Vinny last year.
8 - Bulls' Depth is MUCH BETTER this year than last year.
9 - Bulls are #1 in opponent fg% this year (100x better defensively than last year).
10 - Bulls are SIMPLY 5x better team than last year.

Here are other facts, even with TON OF injuries (Hinrich/Rose/Tyrus/Noah/Gibson/etc) and EVEN WITH them missing their leading scorer from last year in Gordon, Bulls are still 4 GAMES BETTER than last year at this point - Bulls are 29-26 this year while last year Bulls were 25-30.

Bulls also have a BIG TIME Closer now and top 4 player in the NBA this year in 4th qtr scoring in Derrick Rose. (Gordon was 11th last year). So Rose is already that much better. Rose is already better than Gordon ever was in the regular season for us (Rose is averaging 23ppg 4+rpg 6+apg last 2+ months). Gordon never even came close to that. Also people forget that we have HEALTHY DENG who is having a borderline All-Star year himself.

So like I said, if KG is healthy, then Bulls have no chance of upsetting Celtics. BUT, if KG is NOT healthy, then Bulls will beat Celtics in 6.

No.Bulls would still lose!

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Where is the ignore button again?

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:34 PM

Ill sum it up for you in a short sentence.

Bulls SUCK butt and Boston is way better.

PERIOD!

Stunner
02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Bull Fans Boston will beat us with KG, KG will never be 100% with his age now but they still will beat us in a 6 game series. Boston Fans and others Bulls will beat Boston if Boston wears down in the season and no KG in a 6 or 7 game series. Dont underrate a roster jus cuz u have a better record and so called better players than the other team. The reagular season dont mean ****, the Playoffs is another level and a whole new season. A place where players u didnt expect make a name for themselves. Taj Gibson is a good player for a rookie and plays like a vet and he isnt even 100% healthy and is playing good. Rose is our leader though he isnt a elite player yet he will be there in a year or two. Deng is the key we need him to play 4 quarters instead of 3. Warrick and Murray big key pieces fo the bench and so far look like a great fit with the Bulls but mostly Warrick expect him to have a good series. Brad of late his playing like his all-star year dont knw where this came from put hopefully he can do it in the playoffs. Kirk will be there and Noah with him getting rest a lil this season will hope to come out and get O boards and block shots. Bulls arent a championship team but will be one in the future, but remeber these types of teams are the ones that get overlooked in the playoffs can be deadly for any top seeded team. Boston will still win if they have their act together barring any screw ups. But dont count out the Bulls, it will be a fun series still without a BG. Boston wins in 6 or 7 games.

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
i'll agree with you on that, before The Cripple got to your team, the C's were an afterthought in the NBA. The Cripple had to be talked into being traded and that was only after McHale and Ainge gave each other oral and pulled a fast one. you had your nice lil 3 yr run, now its over. Ignorance must be recognizing we have one of the best young cores already in place, a top 3 market that sells out every game, and a whole lot of money to spend this offseason. The Celts on the other hand...........not so much of a future.

Our old guys can still kick ***.And each team goes to a period where the times are hard.

But we still won and came a long way which you guys did not.

We have our tradition and all, but bulls just got rose and he is not your savior.

uptown0364
02-22-2010, 03:37 PM

Most of his posts reference either butt, raping, or dropping soap as so that you'll be butt raped. I think he likes watching sweaty basketball players for all the wrong reasons, and thus should be ignored moving forward.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Ill sum it up for you in a short sentence.

Bulls SUCK butt and Boston is way better.

PERIOD!

I'll sum it up for you too.

1st grade spelling, hope recess is over soon for you so you can get back in there for it.

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Bull Fans Boston will beat us with KG, KG will never be 100% with his age now but they still will beat us in a 6 game series. Boston Fans and others Bulls will beat Boston if Boston wears down in the season and no KG in a 6 or 7 game series. Dont underrate a roster jus cuz u have a better record and so called better players than the other team. The reagular season dont mean ****, the Playoffs is another level and a whole new season. A place where players u didnt expect make a name for themselves. Taj Gibson is a good player for a rookie and plays like a vet and he isnt even 100% healthy and is playing good. Rose is are leader though he isnt a elite player yet he will be there in a year or two. Deng is the key we need him to play 4 quarters instead of 3. Warrick and Murray big key pieces fo the bench and so far look like a great fit with the Bulls but mostly Warrick expect him to have a good series. Brad of late his playing like his all-star year dont knw where this came from put hopefully he can do it in the playoffs. Kirk will be there and Noah with him getting rest a lil this season will hope to come out and get O boards and block shots. Bulls arent a championship team but will be one in the future, but remeber these types of teams are the ones that get overlooked in the playoffs can be deadly for any top seeded team. Boston will still win if they have their act together barring any screw ups. But dont count out the Bulls, it will be a fun series still without a BG. Boston wins in 6 or 7 games.

This guy is the true bulls fan!!

Amen to that. He is being straight to the ground and honest.

I am amazed!

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:39 PM
I'll sum it up for you too.

1st grade spelling, hope recess is over soon for you so you can get back in there for it.

hahaha <- Check my spelling there

KG21
02-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Most of his posts reference either butt, raping, or dropping soap as so that you'll be butt raped. I think he likes watching sweaty basketball players for all the wrong reasons, and thus should be ignored moving forward.

:)

HesterTrain
02-22-2010, 03:44 PM
ROFL

if any for that matter.

who is there left?

It's called getting paid. Anyone being offered an outstanding contract to leave their respected team for another, is going to jump all over it. The Bulls have so much cap room and plan on landing a top tier FA. Money talks my friend. That's why its a business and it will be a bidding war. I guarantee Bosh, Wade, Amare all sign else where not only for a title contention, but for the over priced salaries they will receive in the process.

Cool007
02-22-2010, 03:54 PM

Rondo = Rose

I am sorry but you are SOOOOOOOOOOO Wrong.

I am not going to say that Bulls would even have a chance at winning the series if KG is healthy but you are making it sound like Bulls were completley healthy last year.

If Celtics didn't have KG last year, then Bulls didn't have Deng last year either. If Deng was healthy last year, Bulls would have easily won in 6 games last year - sorry that's the truth.

Deng is a pretty darn good defender and Pierce would have hard time scoring against him if KG is not setting the screens or has his back.

Also, Celtics fans get this straight. Celtics are nowhere near as good a team as last year, While Bulls are MUCH better team than last year.

Bulls were 6-games below 500 last year this time (25-30).
Bulls are 3-games ABOVE 500 this year at same time (29-26). That's 4 more wins and 4 less losses than last year.

Celtics won 62- games last year and this year they will most likely win around 52 games. So they are actually WORSE.

Bulls were in the bottom defensively last year. This year Bulls are #1 in opponent's fg% and top 5 in other important categories like #1 in rebounding and top 2 in blocked shots etc.

So Bulls are MUCH improved team than last year. While Boston regressed.

After a tough start to the season, Bulls are one of the HOTTEST team in the East since Christmas and have won 8 of their last 10 ON THE ROAD and beating playoff teams left and right.

On the other hand, Celtics had one of the worst records since the christmas break as far as playoff teams are concerned.

See the trend, see where I am going with it.

So it's not totally absured. I am still not saying that Bulls beat Celtics with KG being healthy, but if he is not and if we have Deng healthy this year, then I see Bulls beating celtics in 6-games.

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Top 5 team:laugh::laugh:

You guys aren't even .500 since Christmas. And time IS NOT on your side.

Lakers, Cavs, Magic, Hawks, Nuggets, Jazz just to name a few. Dallas is better now, SA would still beat you guys.

You guys are 6 games up on us in the standings. Wow. Here's to hoping you don't blow your division lead on Toronto.

Lol more ignorance from a one sided mind. The Celtics have the 6th best record in the NBA compared to the Bulls who have the 16th best record. And the C's may be 6 games up on the Bulls, but the Bulls are only 2 games away from being out of the playoffs in a weak conference. Again, more homerism and no realism.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Lol more ignorance from a one sided mind.

right back at you bud, I give you facts, you claim ignorance. Think what you want.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 03:58 PM
I am sorry but you are SOOOOOOOOOOO Wrong.

I am not going to say that Bulls would even have a chance at winning the series if KG is healthy but you are making it sound like Bulls were completley healthy last year.

If Celtics didn't have KG last year, then Bulls didn't have Deng last year either. If Deng was healthy last year, Bulls would have easily won in 6 games last year - sorry that's the truth.

Deng is a pretty darn good defender and Pierce would have hard time scoring against him if KG is not setting the screens or has his back.

Also, Celtics fans get this straight. Celtics are nowhere near as good a team as last year, While Bulls are MUCH better team than last year.

Bulls were 6-games below 500 last year this time (25-30).
Bulls are 3-games ABOVE 500 this year at same time (29-26). That's 4 more wins and 4 less losses than last year.

Celtics won 62- games last year and this year they will most likely win around 52 games. So they are actually WORSE.

Bulls were in the bottom defensively last year. This year Bulls are #1 in opponent's fg% and top 5 in other important categories like #1 in rebounding and top 2 in blocked shots etc.

So Bulls are MUCH improved team than last year. While Boston regressed.

After a tough start to the season, Bulls are one of the HOTTEST team in the East since Christmas and have won 8 of their last 10 ON THE ROAD and beating playoff teams left and right.

On the other hand, Celtics had one of the worst records since the christmas break as far as playoff teams are concerned.

See the trend, see where I am going with it.

So it's not totally absured. I am still not saying that Bulls beat Celtics with KG being healthy, but if he is not and if we have Deng healthy this year, then I see Bulls beating celtics in 6-games.

this x 1000000000000, but then again, they will claim we are just ignorant

Cool007
02-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Lol more ignorance from a one sided mind. The Celtics have the 6th best record in the NBA compared to the Bulls who have the 16th best record. And the C's may be 6 games up on the Bulls, but the Bulls are only 2 games away from being out of the playoffs in a weak conference. Again, more homerism and no realism.

Can you read, he said since Christmas.

SDBearsFan
02-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Celtics win in game 5.

But anybody who actually WATCHES the Bulls remembers how Ben Gordon was by far our worst defender, and the reason Ray Allen was able to score 51 against us. :mad:

I pray for a rematch this year with the Celtics. Yes, they would be the favorites, but I really think we're a stronger team then we were last year. Bulls in 7.

Southsideheat
02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Guys just don't get younger. Boston's run was over last year, get over it. Both these teams don't make the ECF anyways.

J-Relo
02-22-2010, 04:50 PM
picked Bulls just to mess up

HesterTrain
02-22-2010, 05:00 PM

So in all actuality, the Bulls are 6 games out of being the 6th best team in the NBA. That's not too shabby, especially the way both teams are playing.

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 05:10 PM
So in all actuality, the Bulls are 6 games out of being the 6th best team in the NBA. That's not too shabby, especially the way both teams are playing.

I guess so, if you think 3 games over .500 is a good team then good for Chitown.

HesterTrain
02-22-2010, 05:13 PM
I guess so, if you think 3 games over .500 is a good team then good for Chitown.

well when you're a Bulls fan and you've watched this team over the past 5 years, this is a good team to us.

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 05:13 PM

The only thing is that the Bulls are going up in the standings and Boston has been going down. Boston has been going down at a pretty fast rate while they wait for "health". It's not health, it's age, and there is no cure for age and a bad knee.

Cool007
02-22-2010, 05:31 PM

No, compared to last year (which most fans are doing saying we don't have BG so we have no chance).

We were 25-30 last year, we are 29-26 this year. SO we are 8 games better than we were last year when you combine wins and losses.

On the other hand, Celtics won 62 games last year and this year they are on pace to win around 52 games so they have regressed, while Bulls have improved.

Celtics were 62-20 team playing Bulls who were 41-41 team last year. Difference being 21 games.

Celtics are 52-30 team this year basically while Bulls are 45-37 team this year, difference being 7 games this year.

So whether you guys want to believe it or not, the gap is getting closer and closer than a lot people give credit or admit.

Still, I have been saying it over and over and say it again. Celtics with healthy KG will beat Bulls in 6 but if KG is not healthy then I see Bulls beating them in 6.

Super.
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
The Celtics have already proven they can handle the Bulls when healthy. So depending on the health of the Celtics is how it would go

Celtics fully healthy? No chance

KG out - Similar to last year (Bostons upgraded bench gives them the edge though)
Pierce out - Bulls, Pierce is the heart and soul of that team.
KG + Sheed out = Bulls win

along the lines of this

But in all seriousness if the Celtics are healthy, the Bulls, and most of the league have no chance. The chances the Celtics are 100%? 50/50 maybe?

Gibby23
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
The Celtics have already proven they can handle the Bulls when healthy. So depending on the health of the Celtics is how it would go

Celtics fully healthy? No chance

KG out - Similar to last year (Bostons upgraded bench gives them the edge though)
Pierce out - Bulls, Pierce is the heart and soul of that team.
KG + Sheed out = Bulls win

along the lines of this

But in all seriousness if the Celtics are healthy, the Bulls, and most of the league have no chance. The chances the Celtics are 100%? 50/50 maybe?

They are old. Old people get hurt and don't recover as quick. There are about 5 teams that are better than the Celtics. (Cavs, Lakers, Magic, Denver, and Atlanta).

chisox..YES!
02-22-2010, 06:11 PM
If the Celtics can stay healthy, I'd give them an edge. Like people have said though, that is a big if.

ChiBulls91
02-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Im not about to read all 15 pages of this but i skipped around and saw that NO ONE mentioned the fact that Deng didnt play in the series last year either. Let's see Pierce hit those daggers again this year with deng guarding him. Deng's 3-4 inches taller than salmons and has more length.

The Celtics are too old to put up a good fight anymore, sorry guys. You guys can't honestly think that KG can still impact a series in such a manner as previous years.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Im not about to read all 15 pages of this but i skipped around and saw that NO ONE mentioned the fact that Deng didnt play in the series last year either. Let's see Pierce hit those daggers again this year with deng guarding him. Deng's 3-4 inches taller than salmons and has more length.

The Celtics are too old to put up a good fight anymore, sorry guys. You guys can't honestly think that KG can still impact a series in such a manner as previous years.

It was mentioned quite a bit I know the last few pages

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM

Actually that point was made quite a bit...

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 08:25 PM
It's called getting paid. Anyone being offered an outstanding contract to leave their respected team for another, is going to jump all over it. The Bulls have so much cap room and plan on landing a top tier FA. Money talks my friend. That's why its a business and it will be a bidding war. I guarantee Bosh, Wade, Amare all sign else where not only for a title contention, but for the over priced salaries they will receive in the process.

you do realize they are all under 27(28?) (too lazy to check but I know Wade is the oldest of the 3) and their own respective teams can pay them the most and with the extra year on the end of the contract... which is approximately almost $30 Million dollars and an extra year that Chicago CAN'T give them.

but true, Chicago, New York, Washington all have the cap space to sign 1-2 max free agents.

But the thing I don't understand, if one of the other stars join another team like Bosh to Cleveland or Miami or Wade to Toronto or Cleveland or whatever combination, the other two teams have trade-and-sign contracts to help ship the star player the other way for more money, with an already established team.

and any of the teams like Toronto, Cleveland, Miami can get Joe Johnson or other free agents to come through a sign and trade as well. Miami can get Amare straight up so it doesn't matter to them. If Miami gets Amare, guaranteed Wade stays. Toronto could sign and trade Hedo/Calderon/future picks for Joe Johnson. Bosh would stay b/c of that.

Chicago, New York or Washington are far from being a completed team with the big signings and may take 2-3 years to build into contention mode. I can see Cleveland trying to get a sign and trade for Bosh with Jamison and Hickson + picks etc, but we'll see when the time comes.

Draco
02-22-2010, 08:51 PM
you do realize they are all under 27(28?) (too lazy to check but I know Wade is the oldest of the 3) and their own respective teams can pay them the most and with the extra year on the end of the contract... which is approximately almost $30 Million dollars and an extra year that Chicago CAN'T give them.

To be clear.. most of the $30 mil in the 6 year contract is from the extra guaranteed year. The difference between the 8% and 10.5% annual increase off the first year is only around $4 mil. Granted, players might want that guaranteed year as insurance against injury. Barring injury, it's not as though this is going to be their last contract. So who knows.. if Donnie's willing to gamble as a GM.. maybe there are also some players willing to gamble.

but true, Chicago, New York, Washington all have the cap space to sign 1-2 max free agents.

But the thing I don't understand, if one of the other stars join another team like Bosh to Cleveland or Miami or Wade to Toronto or Cleveland or whatever combination, the other two teams have trade-and-sign contracts to help ship the star player the other way for more money, with an already established team.

I don't understand it either since you're not being very specific with players, contracts and teams. Firstly, which teams are you suggesting, aside from Cleveland, are more established than the Bulls? Toronto and Miami? Have you glanced at the standings this season and last season.. Secondly, what package of players and/or contracts do Cleveland or Miami have to offer that's more attractive than what the Bulls can put together?

and any of the teams like Toronto, Cleveland, Miami can get Joe Johnson or other free agents to come through a sign and trade as well. Miami can get Amare straight up so it doesn't matter to them. If Miami gets Amare, guaranteed Wade stays. Toronto could sign and trade Hedo/Calderon/future picks for Joe Johnson. Bosh would stay b/c of that.

lol.. good luck with that.

Chicago, New York or Washington are far from being a completed team with the big signings and may take 2-3 years to build into contention mode. I can see Cleveland trying to get a sign and trade for Bosh with Jamison and Hickson + picks etc, but we'll see when the time comes.

Really? BC wants an expensive 33 y/o player whose contract doesn't expire until after 2011/12?

JWO35
02-22-2010, 08:58 PM
The Celtics would win...and the Bulls would be lucky to even win 1 game let alone the series. Lets be real Ben Gordon was the reason why they took the Celtics 7gms, and yes Deng didn't play at all in the series and if he did he would have made an impact but not enough to change the series. Not to mention the losses the Bulls has receive who were also key players in that series(John Salmons & Tyrus Thomas).

Southsideheat
02-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Lets be real Ben Gordon was the reason why they took the Celtics 7gms.

Coming from a Piston's fan, that's even more disturbing of a statement.

Southsideheat
02-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I would hate the bulls too if i were a fan of another team on this forum but lets be honest, the Bulls already have a max player type under contract in Derek Rose, no other team with cap space can say that.

bigsams50
02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
I would hate the bulls too if i were a fan of another team on this forum but lets be honest, the Bulls already have a max player type under contract in Derek Rose, no other team with cap space can say that.

? This has what to do with the thread?

mikantsass
02-22-2010, 09:15 PM

That is fantastic, so cap space is going to help Chicago win a playoff series?

Stunner
02-22-2010, 09:15 PM
? This has what to do with the thread?

lmao

koreancabbage
02-22-2010, 09:17 PM
To be clear.. most of the $30 mil in the 6 year contract is from the extra guaranteed year. The difference between the 8% and 10.5% annual increase off the first year is only around $4 mil. Granted, players might want that guaranteed year as insurance against injury. Barring injury, it's not as though this is going to be their last contract. So who knows.. if Donnie's willing to gamble as a GM.. maybe there are also some players willing to gamble.

I don't understand it either since you're not being very specific with players, contracts and teams. Firstly, which teams are you suggesting, aside from Cleveland, are more established than the Bulls? Toronto and Miami? Have you glanced at the standings this season and last season.. Secondly, what package of players and/or contracts do Cleveland or Miami have to offer that's more attractive than what the Bulls can put together?

lol.. good luck with that.

Really? BC wants an expensive 33 y/o player whose contract doesn't expire until after 2011/12?

anything could happen with the three teams with Bosh/Lebron/Wade. Believe it or not, Toronto already has a good core of players, realisitcally just waiting for that extra one guy to take them over the top. That can't be said for Chicago, Washington or the Knicks.

I think Toronto, Cleveland or Miami would play the free agency game MUCH harder than the likes of the of teams like Chicago/ Washington/ Knicks. They have something to lose while the other teams have all to gain. That means they'll almost do anything to keep their players around.

Just think of it this way --> Toronto, Cleveland and Miami. It's easier to convince one player to join the team than trying to go for two players and getting them on the same page.

If Toronto gets Joe Johnson + 1 other through sign and trade, Bosh stays.
If Cleveland/Miami get Amare/David Lee+one other, they stay.

and plus an extra year of security and $30 Million while they are still young.

And Yes Toronto has the pieces to make a big run if you add a Joe Johnson to the team with Bosh. more so than the bulls who has 9 players gone after this year. Toronto has the better bench, personel, and stability all round on the team than Chicago.

I'm just stating different scenarios, but what most bulls/ knicks fans believe they WILL end up with one of the big 3 free agents as if you don't believe anything else can happen. one or two of the pronounced teams that will be in the hunt for the big free agent(s) are going to be disappointed, even might be chicago and the knicks, even if you don't believe it.

effen5
02-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Just think of it this way --> Toronto, Cleveland and Miami. It's easier to convince one player to join the team than trying to go for two players and getting them on the same page.

No offense, but when was the last time Toronto signed a big time free agent? Toronto is a beautiful city n all but its much more difficult to have a player come to Toronto then lets say Chicago, NY, or Miami.

Draco
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
anything could happen with the three teams with Bosh/Lebron/Wade. Believe it or not, Toronto already has a good core of players, realisitcally just waiting for that extra one guy to take them over the top. That can't be said for Chicago, Washington or the Knicks.

Someone else mentioned this a while back and I tend to agree.. most teams in the league are "one player away."

Chicago and Toronto's regular season record over the last 3 or 4 years have actually been very similar with Chicago having more post season success. I don't see much of a distinction here, in terms of winning. In terms of cap space and trade assets... Chicago's in a much better situation.

I think Toronto, Cleveland or Miami would play the free agency game MUCH harder than the likes of the of teams like Chicago/ Washington/ Knicks. They have something to lose while the other teams have all to gain. That means they'll almost do anything to keep their players around.

Ok, then explain how Toronto has more assets to deal with than Chicago, Washington and the Knicks? Particularly Chicago.

Rose has a great rep among NBA players even if non Bull fan PSD posters want to discredit Rose being a rising star.

If Toronto gets Joe Johnson + 1 other through sign and trade, Bosh stays.
If Cleveland/Miami get Amare/David Lee+one other, they stay.

Calderon, Hedo and picks isn't a very competitive trade package.

and plus an extra year of security and $30 Million while they are still young.

IMO, that's one of the few good reason to believe Bosh stays a Raptor.

And Yes Toronto has the pieces to make a big run if you add a Joe Johnson to the team with Bosh. more so than the bulls who has 9 players gone after this year. Toronto has the better bench, personel, and stability all round on the team than Chicago.

You really think Atlanta wants Hedo?

9 players gone after this season is missing the forest for the trees. Those 9 subtractions makes the cap space possible. The remaining players under contract are the core and spare parts for trade. Chicago, unlike Toronto, has a flexible pay roll.

I'm just stating different scenarios, but what most bulls/ knicks fans believe they WILL end up with one of the big 3 free agents as if you don't believe anything else can happen. one or two of the pronounced teams that will be in the hunt for the big free agent(s) are going to be disappointed, even might be chicago and the knicks, even if you don't believe it.

A lot of fans are going to be disappointed.. a lot of teams with cap space are hopeful

Strumpy
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
NOW THIS IS PSD! , You guys are going at each others' throats and this thread is becoming crazy. I love it. :clap:

Just a quick thought for you guys:
Alotta responses have the response "the Celtics are too old". etc.
Now if I recall correctly, it was around this time last year when the Celtics were in first place in the East when Garnett blew out his knee and the Celtics demise began.
What I'm trying to point out is that they were an elite team 12 months ago. Plus it's only been 9 months since Ray Allen drilled 51 in Game 6 of that infamous series. My question is: Do you think the Celtics have dropped off that much in 12 months?

Anyway, **** happens. I doubt we see each other in the playoffs.

Corey
02-22-2010, 10:08 PM
I don't know why the age factor is being brought up when the Celtics went 20-4 to start the season this year, which was good for best team in the league. In comparison, the Bulls started out 9-15.

During that 20-4 stretch, the Celtics weren't even at full health. Garnett was very slow, Tony Allen was out, and Glen Davis was out.

The Celtics are 35-19 with many injuries to starters including Garnett and Pierce, and many key bench players such as Tony Allen, Glen Davis and Rasheed Wallace.

I don't bash the Bulls and have no reason to, but how do you guys think the Celtics are too old when they have a better record even with injuries to so many key players? How are the Bulls suddenly going to win a playoff series when the Celtics have beat you 118-90 and 108-80 with Garnett in the lineup?

:shrug:

Pierzynski4Prez
02-24-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't know why the age factor is being brought up when the Celtics went 20-4 to start the season this year, which was good for best team in the league. In comparison, the Bulls started out 9-15.

During that 20-4 stretch, the Celtics weren't even at full health. Garnett was very slow, Tony Allen was out, and Glen Davis was out.

The Celtics are 35-19 with many injuries to starters including Garnett and Pierce, and many key bench players such as Tony Allen, Glen Davis and Rasheed Wallace.

I don't bash the Bulls and have no reason to, but how do you guys think the Celtics are too old when they have a better record even with injuries to so many key players? How are the Bulls suddenly going to win a playoff series when the Celtics have beat you 118-90 and 108-80 with Garnett in the lineup?

:shrug:

So, Celtics started 20-4, now 36-19. What's that say. 16-15 since a good start. Bulls-9-15 when our best player was injured too. It can go both ways you know. Now 29-27. That means they are 20-12 in that same stretch, along with a win at Boston mixed in there as well. So what's the big point you're trying to make? The C's are only like 6 or 7 games up on the Bulls. Not enough to scare a team, any team. The Bulls don't constantly have injury issues amongst their core players. The Celtics do, 1 of them always has a nagging injury effecting their play or forcing them to sit. I believe it is Pierce now.

All Bulls fans here agree, full strength, C's are much better, but the chances of them being full strength is a crap shoot.

Sportfan
02-24-2010, 04:52 PM

Game 7 in a toss up

52 OTs
10291310231 Ties
You guys have no gordon or salmons this time whe we get KG

I like our chances

Super.
02-24-2010, 05:09 PM
So, Celtics started 20-4, now 36-19. What's that say. 16-15 since a good start. Bulls-9-15 when our best player was injured too. It can go both ways you know. Now 29-27. That means they are 20-12 in that same stretch, along with a win at Boston mixed in there as well. So what's the big point you're trying to make? The C's are only like 6 or 7 games up on the Bulls. Not enough to scare a team, any team. The Bulls don't constantly have injury issues amongst their core players. The Celtics do, 1 of them always has a nagging injury effecting their play or forcing them to sit. I believe it is Pierce now.

All Bulls fans here agree, full strength, C's are much better, but the chances of them being full strength is a crap shoot.

No, no they dont. The Bulls fanbase is some of the most biased posters ive ever met

CowboysKB24
02-24-2010, 05:10 PM
If the NBA season ended now, the Bulls would again be playing the Celtics in the first round. so my question to you is, do they have a better shot at beating them this year or is it going to be tougher this time around then last year and why? and who do you think will win the series?

Are you a wannabe of JordansBulls?

CowboysKB24
02-24-2010, 05:11 PM
No, no they dont. The Bulls fanbase is some of the most biased posters ive ever met

And you and the rest of Boston aren't? Give me a break.

The Bulls almost beat them last year... I wouldn't be surprised at all if they Bulls won. Celtics are falling apart.

effen5
02-24-2010, 08:53 PM
You guys have no gordon or salmons this time whe we get KG

I like our chances

And your best two players aren't healthy....I like our chances.

effen5
02-24-2010, 08:54 PM

x2 good post.

drobe86
02-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Hate to break it to you, but at this point in his career, other than being ridiculously annoying, KG is just a guy too. It's not that the Bulls are so good, but the Celtics are just that bad. Celtic fans are trying to hold onto something that just isn't there anymore. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Lol.... You don't really believe that. There isn't 1 of the 30 gms in the NBA that would trade you Kevin Garnett for Luol Deng straight up. I don't care what stage of his career he is at. KG is 10x the player Deng is/and ever will be. I know you are a Bulls fan but c'mon. Simmer down and come back to planet earth...

Draco
02-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Lol.... You don't really believe that. There isn't 1 of the 30 gms in the NBA that would trade you Kevin Garnett for Luol Deng straight up. I don't care what stage of his career he is at. KG is 10x the player Deng is/and ever will be. I know you are a Bulls fan but c'mon. Simmer down and come back to planet earth...

Any GM with a young roster and looking to fill his starting PF or SF position would be more interested in Deng than KG.