PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard any new news on Ricky Rubio?

Ty Fast
02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I was just wondering if anyone heard anything new on him? It has been a while since I heard or read anything about him. When is he coming to the NBA? Will he play for the T - Wolves?

Hellcrooner
02-20-2010, 05:31 PM
News on Rubio.

Barcelona will be facing eternal rivals Real Madrid in spanish Kings Cup Finals Tomorrow,

thats All.

If you want to se ehim play try to find some stream.

Corey
02-20-2010, 05:36 PM
HC, how is that an update? All you said is that his team is playing tomorrow..

SteveNash
02-20-2010, 05:37 PM
He's still sucking over in Europe. I think he has a buyout in 2011.

Hellcrooner
02-20-2010, 05:41 PM
HC, how is that an update? All you said is that his team is playing tomorrow..
Because there are 0 Nba related news on Rubio.

His buy out is MONSTRUOUS until 2011 so he i staying in Barcelona at least until then ( and probably one or two years more if wolves dont trade his rights or get rid of sessions and Flynn)

All of this could change tough if:

1 He gets his rights traded to a team wich could interest endorses to pay his buyout this summer.

2 Stern abolish the RIDICULOUS only pay 500000 dolars in buy outs rule.

Tony_Starks
02-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Here's the news on Rubio:

He's putting up mediocre numbers.

Oh wait, breaking news, this just in!

He will never play in a Timberwolves jersey....EVER!!!!!!

J-Relo
02-20-2010, 05:46 PM
well, he is playing OK... nothing spectacular, sometimes makes some better pass for the top 10 actions...

ldc62
02-20-2010, 05:48 PM

I hate Rubio... but Timberwolves will never get him to wear their jersey.
PS: The GM for the Wolves is terrible.

td0tsfinest
02-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Rubio will not be in the league for at least one more season. Barcelona spent enough money buying him out of DKV's contract. They're not going to let him go that easily.

AI4MVP
02-20-2010, 05:52 PM
yo hellecrooner what time is the game gunna b on tomorow? usa time

Tony_Starks
02-20-2010, 05:56 PM

If it weren't for a guy named Donnie Walsh I would say they have the worst GM in the league. But yeah he's a total idiot, remember the Foye for Roy deal?

Hellcrooner
02-20-2010, 06:12 PM
yo hellecrooner what time is the game gunna b on tomorow? Usa time

13:00

Hellcrooner
02-20-2010, 06:14 PM

Please search in the web and look for jennings numbers in europe.

then check Ginobilis, Gasol (Pau), Dirk, Parker, Calderon numbers in europe the year before Joining NBA.

You cant translate european numbers to Nba numbers AT ALL , the game is compeltely different here.

3RDASYSTEM
02-20-2010, 06:19 PM
Why would you talk about a guy who avg like 2ppg and 2apg and was a projected top 3 pick? everybody on this forum should be in the league if thats what its come to

KeithLBC
02-20-2010, 08:03 PM
If it weren't for a guy named Donnie Walsh I would say they have the worst GM in the league. But yeah he's a total idiot, remember the Foye for Roy deal?

That was when Kevin McHale was still the GM. IMO, their new GM David Kahn is doing a great job. Kahn probably shouldn't have taken Rubio given the circumstances, but he's made several other moves that have worked out well.

cynskeptical
02-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Why would you talk about a guy who avg like 2ppg and 2apg and was a projected top 3 pick? everybody on this forum should be in the league if thats what its come to

There is no worse ignorant than those who donīt want to learn:

"Let's go with per-36 minute numbers. Here are Rubio's per-36 numbers in the Euroleague:
11.0 pts, 5.5 reb, 9.7 ast, .390 FG%, 22.2 PER

And here's what Ricky's per-36 minute numbers look like when translated to the NBA:
8.3 pts, 6.5 reb, 12.7 ast, .343 FG%, 15.6 PER"
http://thepaintedarea.blogspot.com/2010/01/checking-in-on-ricky-rubio.html
And donīt forget 4.9 steals in 22 GP in ACB (stats 40 min)
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ricky-Rubio-1155/stats/

magichatnumber9
02-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I heard he got a new Nimbus 10,000. Ronald Weasley is absolutely heated.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2010, 09:43 PM

give me a reason why the Wolves GM is terrible please. Thanks

Hawkeye15
02-20-2010, 09:44 PM

If you can predict the future, tell me who wins it all this year so I can call a bookie.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Because there are 0 Nba related news on Rubio.

His buy out is MONSTRUOUS until 2011 so he i staying in Barcelona at least until then ( and probably one or two years more if wolves dont trade his rights or get rid of sessions and Flynn)

All of this could change tough if:

1 He gets his rights traded to a team wich could interest endorses to pay his buyout this summer.

2 Stern abolish the RIDICULOUS only pay 500000 dolars in buy outs rule.

I don't think there is a buyout option this summer.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2010, 09:45 PM

wrong GM dawg

Hawkeye15
02-20-2010, 09:48 PM
why do these threads on Rubio start? 99% of PSD has absolutely no clue what they are talking about when it comes to this situation. Hellcrooner, although he has an unreal amount of spanish bias, is one of the 10-15 posters that even has the ability to not look like an idiot when posting on this subject. And as cynskeptical posted above, his numbers in the NBA would make him one of the top 6-7 PG's playing statistically, as a 19 year old.

WSU Tony
02-20-2010, 10:14 PM
why do these threads on Rubio start? 99% of PSD has absolutely no clue what they are talking about when it comes to this situation. Hellcrooner, although he has an unreal amount of spanish bias, is one of the 10-15 posters that even has the ability to not look like an idiot when posting on this subject. And as cynskeptical posted above, his numbers in the NBA would make him one of the top 6-7 PG's playing statistically, as a 19 year old.

But they ALL have an opinion on it. Seriously, why is it hard to say "I don't know much about it, I'm not going to sound like an idiot so I won't say anything."

Seriously, most S+PSD'ers have NO idea about Rubio.

To say it was stupid to draft a #3 talent at #5 is just plain dumb. What do we have to play for this year or next? We might as well wait for the best player we can get.....

Hellcrooner
02-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Hawkeye there IS a buyout this summer, its andatory b spanish laws for all sport players with a pro contract.

But is a ridiculous one i dont exactlyremebr but i think is 15 million euros this year.

J-E-T-S
02-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Timberwolves should have never drafted Rubio. Everyone knew he was not going to sign there, only in a big market. Sucked for the knicks who's top-2 players on their board where drafted. Then they got stuck with Jordan Hill who was just traded :pity:

Hawkeye15
02-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Hawkeye there IS a buyout this summer, its andatory b spanish laws for all sport players with a pro contract.

But is a ridiculous one i dont exactlyremebr but i think is 15 million euros this year.

gotcha. That is ridiculous. With the rules saying only $500k for a team contributing, I don't see how any team could bring him over this summer then

SteveNash
02-21-2010, 12:58 AM
There is no worse ignorant than those who donīt want to learn:

"Let's go with per-36 minute numbers. Here are Rubio's per-36 numbers in the Euroleague:
11.0 pts, 5.5 reb, 9.7 ast, .390 FG%, 22.2 PER

And here's what Ricky's per-36 minute numbers look like when translated to the NBA:
8.3 pts, 6.5 reb, 12.7 ast, .343 FG%, 15.6 PER"
http://thepaintedarea.blogspot.com/2010/01/checking-in-on-ricky-rubio.html
And donīt forget 4.9 steals in 22 GP in ACB (stats 40 min)
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ricky-Rubio-1155/stats/

So much fail.

Small sample size, converting stats into per 36 minutes, comparing Euroleague/ACB to the NBA.

Rubio is a bust already, don't need stats to tell you that.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Steve Nash i wonder why you hate so much on Spaniards.

How is that other player you called bust and worst starter at his position last year doing?

what was the name

merc jaso.....

Mirk gass.a....

i i know

MARC GASOL

Gibby23
02-21-2010, 01:58 AM

Shoting 34% won't make him top 6-7 and his assists would be lower becausr the Wolves donn't convert. Atleast that is what you said about Loves assists being low.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2010, 02:05 AM
Shoting 34% won't make him top 6-7 and his assists would be lower becausr the Wolves donn't convert. Atleast that is what you said about Loves assists being low.

PG's create easy shots bro. And I don't care about per game numbers, which some of you pump without knowledge of statistics. His NBA PER would equate to higher every rookie other than Evans, Blair, or Lawson, and that is with his bad shooting %. His distribution skills are well above any rookie PG, and its not even close.
The NBA is also a man to man game, and Ricky's fg% (which using baseline fg% is not correct anyways, but I will humor you), would go up due to his freedom on penetration and in the open court, with the best outlet passer in basketball.

And lastly, I said statistically. Who would expect a 19 year old to be a top 10 PG off the bat? He has the potential to rock the league however. And I was saying that well before my Wolves took him.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2010, 02:10 AM
foget about hollinger his numbers dont work at all.

Rubio as a rookie given 35 mpg and 12 shots per game should wind up something like

10 ppg 10 apg, 3 rpg 1,5 steals.

Gibby23
02-21-2010, 02:11 AM
PG's create easy shots bro. And I don't care about per game numbers, which some of you pump without knowledge of statistics. His NBA PER would equate to higher every rookie other than Evans, Blair, or Lawson, and that is with his bad shooting %. His distribution skills are well above any rookie PG, and its not even close.
The NBA is also a man to man game, and Ricky's fg% (which using baseline fg% is not correct anyways, but I will humor you), would go up due to his freedom on penetration and in the open court, with the best outlet passer in basketball.

And lastly, I said statistically. Who would expect a 19 year old to be a top 10 PG off the bat? He has the potential to rock the league however. And I was saying that well before my Wolves took him.
Lol at you picking an chosing stats. You give me his "NBA Per" even though he has never played there, and his FG% is not correct because that stat doesn't translate.

SteveNash
02-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Steve Nash i wonder why you hate so much on Spaniards.

How is that other player you called bust and worst starter at his position last year doing?

what was the name

merc jaso.....

Mirk gass.a....

i i know

MARC GASOL

I don't remember calling Gasol a bust. He was drafted late in the second round last year.

And who was worse than Gasol at his position last year?

Also do you hate Serbs as you seem to have a pro-Croat slant.

Showmeyourtds
02-21-2010, 03:19 AM
I heard he got a new Nimbus 10,000. Ronald Weasley is absolutely heated.

Wow that was hillarious lol:D

Hawkeye15
02-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Lol at you picking an chosing stats. You give me his "NBA Per" even though he has never played there, and his FG% is not correct because that stat doesn't translate.

PER shows efficiency, basic fg% does not. pretty simple.
you are very arrogant tonight, aren't ya gibbs

AI4MVP
02-21-2010, 03:51 AM
i still dont understand why u guys bash rubio. did u bash marc gasol? what about rudy fernandez? ginolbli? sergio rodriguez? they all did the same thing. Its pretty much like hes just going to play two years in college, except hes playing two years in europe. so please **** off, wait for two years, then eat your words when the kid picks u apart and drops 15+ dimes on u

cwilson21
02-21-2010, 04:01 AM
i still dont understand why u guys bash rubio. did u bash marc gasol? what about rudy fernandez? ginolbli? sergio rodriguez? they all did the same thing. Its pretty much like hes just going to play two years in college, except hes playing two years in europe. so please **** off, wait for two years, then eat your words when the kid picks u apart and drops 15+ dimes on u

It's because they have no ****ing idea what Rubio's situation is.

The average PSD "opinion" about Rubio is flawed because they get it from ****** sources or hear from other people who have no idea wtf they're saying. It's comparable to dumbass kids talking about politics like they know what they're talking about but are only regurgitating what they heard from friends, parents, CNN, etc.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Aim higher.

I wonder if this bahsers woud have messed wiht LARRY BIRD and DAVID ROBINSON who didnt report to teh team inmediatley,

Hawkeye15
02-21-2010, 04:12 AM
Aim higher.

I wonder if this bahsers woud have messed wiht LARRY BIRD and DAVID ROBINSON who didnt report to teh team inmediatley,

great point. I wonder how Jennings or Curry would have looked against Paul, Williams, and Kidd in the 2008 Olympics? Cause Rubio held his own.

boeknows
02-21-2010, 04:25 AM
So much fail.

Small sample size, converting stats into per 36 minutes, comparing Euroleague/ACB to the NBA.

Rubio is a bust already, don't need stats to tell you that.

Way to say fail and then make a dumbass statement of ur own.

ldc62
02-21-2010, 05:05 AM

THat was Kevin Mchale.

ldc62
02-21-2010, 05:07 AM
give me a reason why the Wolves GM is terrible please. Thanks

2 PGs in the first round. Having Kevin Love come off the bench (THIs kid is a stud). Not making the team any better. The T'wolves stink... meaning their GM is doing a bad job. They couldda drafted Steph Curry...

But maybe I was being a little harsh... not everyone can be like Daryl Morey.

ldc62
02-21-2010, 05:09 AM

You wanna know the difference? Their teams let them stay in Europe to develop their game, meanwhile the T'wolves wanted Rubio to play for them THIS season.

shep33
02-21-2010, 05:10 AM
I heard that he's replacing Alex Trebek as Jeopardy's host

Hawkeye15
02-21-2010, 05:20 AM
2 PGs in the first round. Having Kevin Love come off the bench (THIs kid is a stud). Not making the team any better. The T'wolves stink... meaning their GM is doing a bad job. They couldda drafted Steph Curry...

But maybe I was being a little harsh... not everyone can be like Daryl Morey.

Nobody could have turned around that franchise in 10 months bro. Kahn took a bunch of inflated deals, turned them into small expirings, draft picks, and holds the rights to the best young PG, and best young PF in Europe. And $13 million in cap space this summer. I think he has done a fantastic job considering what he was given.
And as far as last year's draft, you clearly don't understand value. When you are 22-60, you don't draft for need. It doesn't matter if he took 10 point guards. If they were the best available when he drafted, that was the right choice. The team wasn't going to be made better. It needed to be torn down, while keeping the only valuable pieces it had, and start over. With Jefferson, Love, Flynn, $13 million in cap space, multiple small deals going forward to work with in trades, and 3 first rounders this next year, Kahn clearly has begun to turn that franchise around.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2010, 05:23 AM
You wanna know the difference? Their teams let them stay in Europe to develop their game, meanwhile the T'wolves wanted Rubio to play for them THIS season.

cause he is physically ready for the NBA. He is putting up better numbers this year than Jennings did, and at a younger age. He held his own against our best PG's, as a 17 year old. The Wolves atttempted to work a buyout. The reason this hasn't happened before, is no foreign player with a big buyout, enters the draft. And if they do, it is for the SOLE purpose of being drafted, and then growing in Europe.
Whether Rubio plays for the Wolves remains to be seen. If he does, great. If he doesn't then Kahn will get high value on him, because as you said, he is sitting in Europe, and his value is growing. He will be worth a #3 pick in the upcoming draft. The Wolves could draft Evan Turner, then trade Rubio and a late pick for a stud from another team.
Value, value, value. Most don't get it.

JiffyMix88
02-21-2010, 05:45 AM
who cares about Rubio hes gonna be another mike james