PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Darko Milicic

heatking
02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Im wondering what happened to this guy, coming out of europe he was supposed to be one of the best players right away. he never really got an opportunity to be the guy, and never really got a concistent role anywhere.

What do you guys think. Does he just suck, or did he never get a chance.

Meth
02-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Many players were suppose to "the best on the table" coming in. He just sucks.

/nosarcasmintended

Raoul Duke
02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Based on physical acumen, he was off the charts. He had great strength, great speed, tremendous flexibility and vertical leaping ability, not to mention he was seven feet tall with great length.

He also had zero basketball instincts and a terrible attitude. The guy was born to be an athlete, just not a basketball player.

$ NyC $
02-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Based on physical acumen, he was off the charts. He had great strength, great speed, tremendous flexibility and vertical leaping ability, not to mention he was seven feet tall with great length.

He also had zero basketball instincts and a terrible attitude. The guy was born to be an athlete, just not a basketball player.

Agreed. Everything needed physically was there, he just never put it all together.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Im wondering what happened to this guy, coming out of europe he was supposed to be one of the best players right away. he never really got an opportunity to be the guy, and never really got a concistent role anywhere.

What do you guys think. Does he just suck, or did he never get a chance.

WTF???

Have you been in coma for 5 years?:confused:

PistonsFan14
02-20-2010, 04:23 PM
He just sucks.. Everything came easy for him in europe and when he got here and struggled, he got frustrated and just couldnt deal with it.

I remember before he was drafted he made a statement that he wanted to and felt he could contribute to any team right away and what team drafts him? Detroit. Who was the coach? Larry Brown. Nuff Said about that.

Coming from serbia i thought he woul have a more laid back attitude and be happy to make it to the nba. I can understand wanting to contribute but his interviews and statements always came off as brass, cocky and arrogant.

Good Riddance

gbpackers12
02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
:bang: Right in front of Carmelo. Ouch.

To answer the original posters question, he just sucks IMO. What a waste of a pick, especially considering all the talent in that draft class.

Stunner
02-20-2010, 04:35 PM
never given a good chance starting been good back up Center in with the Magic and Grizz when Pau Gasol was there. I think if given a chance and 30 + mins he could put up like 15 an 9. In 24 mins he put up 9 and 6 shooting 46% from the field and a block a game. People say he is a bust cuz who else was in the draft, its not his fault he was picked so high the Pistons picked off need, they were a championship team back then and didnt need him. The Magic wanted to resign him to back up Howard, and was decent with the Grizzs. I New York doesnt really play Center always tweeners like Al, Amare, Lee and Jeffries who is not better than Darko. I think he could be good starting in Minny over Hollins who also isnt better than Darko.

PistonsFan14
02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Darko does have 1 thing that Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, John Stockton, Reggie Miller and Dominque Wilkins never got. A Ring :facepalm:

Sevilla91
02-20-2010, 04:37 PM
But at the time, he was supposed to be the mext Dirk, so can u blame the pistons for drafting him? no

Stunner
02-20-2010, 04:40 PM
But at the time, he was supposed to be the mext Dirk, so can u blame the pistons for drafting him? no

true i can see him having a Marc Gasol impact if given 30 mins of play.

Kyben36
02-20-2010, 04:49 PM
He realy hasnt gotten a greta chance to prove himself, weather he just isnt any good, or not, IDK, I think he could still have a chance.

SteveNash
02-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Darko wasn't great in Europe he was drafted as a project a project that Larry Brown basically killed.

td0tsfinest
02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
He just wasn't the player a lot of people thought he would be.

Darko is just part of a long list of players that were high draft picks who came into the league and didn't do much.

Hellcrooner
02-20-2010, 05:46 PM
1 He left europe to soon wihtouth hav ing learn enough and withouth being truly redy, he had nto even stablished himself in europe he was just a prospect.

2 he fall in the hype trap if he had een drafted at 20 something the pressure wodl ahve been less and he could have probably developed

3 he fell in a team that had NO need for him and had NO time on the court to give to him
4 he fell in ateam that was about winning, not forming rookies

5 he fell in the hands of probably the WORST Coach there is in the league to be a rookie for.

6 he did OK in the MAGIC in fact they payed him a good amount of money but sicne they got Dwight they had no need for him.

7 he went Memphis, Then Pau was Out it was his time, his big chance but......Suddenly Fat Younger bro came up and showed he may en up being the TRUE gasol in some years and people talking bout pau being MARC brother not the other way around.

8 He was nto fast enough to fit Dantoni Ball.

Korman12
02-20-2010, 06:00 PM
He couldn't handle NBA play, didn't have a chance to develop in Detroit, and was over-hyped.

Had he gotten solid minutes to play on the Detroit team, he may have become something to note, but I highly doubt he'd be anything good - just better than what he has become.

runforrestrunx9
02-20-2010, 06:09 PM
if u ever saw him play, u would kno he just sucks

_Supreme_
02-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Darko has more rings than Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone and Charles Barkley have combined, so he has no reason to complain about anything :D

thedfactor
02-20-2010, 06:20 PM
The guy who the Pistons took over Melo, Wade, and Bosh? Ha, yeah I know damn they must hate themselves.