PDA

View Full Version : Deron Upset about Brewer Trade

td0tsfinest
02-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Deron Williams said he had nothing good to say about the trade and that this is why he signed 3 year extension. Wow. Double wow.

Deron said Ronnie was his little brother and that he thought Jazz would try to get better at the deadline not worse.

Deron Williams: "I think if we’d make a trade it would be something a little different than that...."

"...You look at all the teams that are getting better around the West and we essentially get worse, if you ask me.”

Since he was so frustrated, Deron was asked if the trade affected his long-term thinking about the Jazz.

He didn't hesitate in answering: “That’s why I signed a three-year deal.”

Williams said the flight from New Orleans to Oakland yesterday was "probably one of the quietest flights we've had."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700010615/Utah-Jazz-Deron-Williams-frustrated-following-Brewer-trade.html

I'd be upset if I was D-Will as well. So many teams in the league are getting better with trades but this just makes them worse.

Meth
02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
It was a bad trade. /weeps

RadiantShot
02-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Ugh. I don't know what the Jazz were thinking.

Jack of Blades
02-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe in 3 years he can come home to Dallas :pray:

Avenged
02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
The Lakers need a point guard, Deron! :p

ragee
02-19-2010, 10:56 PM
The Lakers need a point guard, Deron! :p

If that happens, I am finally going to be a Laker fan! Even if Kobe is still there!!!

NBA-GMaster
02-19-2010, 11:00 PM
We are lacking of players now.. 12 players on the roster.. They could trade Carlos Boozer and Fasenko to Miami for Haslem, Cook and Wright.. And keep Brewer.. And trade Wright to Memphis..

TheKing23
02-19-2010, 11:09 PM
I think a really interesting part of what he said is "that is why I signed a three year deal".

He still has a player option for a fourth year which he can opt in to in 2012, but from that statement it doesn't sound like he will... Unless the Jazz can turn into a real legit contender before then he's as good as gone...

NYKnicks4511
02-19-2010, 11:09 PM
New York , where all disgruntled players come ;D

td0tsfinest
02-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I think a really interesting part of what he said is "that is why I signed a three year deal".

He still has a player option for a fourth year which he can opt in to in 2012, but from that statement it doesn't sound like he will... Unless the Jazz can turn into a real legit contender before then he's as good as gone...

A lot could change in a year. Not to mention the Knicks give Utah their draft pick this year. Evan Turner or Wesley Johnson would be a solid back court partner to D-Will. Then there's the possibility of landing your avatar.

Along with Boozer's expiring contract, Utah could definitely do some retooling this off-season.

mzgrizz
02-20-2010, 12:14 AM
DWill can always come to Memphis ,too !!...... I know we'd show him some good ol' Southern hospitality.....not to mention needing his skillset 4++++

jimbobjarree
02-20-2010, 01:37 AM
lol

good on Deron, show your emotions, and show that the retards on PSD all want you on their team at the same time, oh and then go rape the Warriors on the road

td0tsfinest
02-20-2010, 01:39 AM
lol

good on Deron, show your emotions, and show that the retards on PSD all want you on their team at the same time, oh and then go rape the Warriors on the road

I was waiting for a Jazz fan to finally comment on this.

jimbobjarree
02-20-2010, 01:43 AM
he said a couple of days ago that he was upset that he only signed for 3 years with the potential bargaining agreement meaning he will most likely make half of what he does in his final year the year after, but funny how he doesnt get a thread about that.

He'll opt in, thats a given. 16 million or a possible max 8 million? yeah right

I'm glad he showed his emotions, I was pissed off as well. Everyone gets better and we drop a piece. It wont hurt us at all but its the principle, the message it sends Deron as our franchise guy, I'm gl;ad to see him call KOC out. I cant wait for the offseason after a deep playoff run when we can get the Boozer business well and truelly behinf us and FINALLY move on with this team

vash9
02-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Poor Deron.

why did the Jazz do that trade anyways?

jimbobjarree
02-20-2010, 02:37 AM
^we saved 5 million for a surplus wing and got a future 1st out of it, after saying we could take on extra salary and that we didnt need to save money. Lies.

Vinny642
02-20-2010, 03:25 AM
This is like a more dramatic version of Paul when we traded I believe Butler, and Paul was mad he wasn't told first.

ldc62
02-20-2010, 07:00 AM
This makes almost no sense to me... Ronnie Brewer was the 14th pick years ago. They get a 1st rounder from the Grizz which will probably end up in 14-16 range or worse. I'd pick Ronnie over some rook any day.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
I can understand where D-Will is coming from but the Jazz seem to have made the move for several reasons, and by several I mean one and that one is money. With the future in mind, the Jazz know this squad will not compete for a title. They have had essentially the same squad for the last three of four seasons and they already know how they will play come the post season, especially since teams like Dallas, Denver and Portland have gotten better while they have stagnated.

While I think they should have done something to move Boozer (to Detroit for Hamilton perhaps? and a pick? or maybe -if they were intent on moving Brewer- see if Detroit would bite on Brewer/Boozer for Prince/Hamilton).

With an early pick in the first round via NY, and their own pick (I don't think they traded it away yet?), the Jazz could do what they have need and get some wing players who can shoot AND defend. No disrespect to the guys they've had a shooting guard and small forward, some can shoot (Krover), some can defend (AK-47), but none of them are playing at a level where they could compete with even Igudala, let alone Roy or Johnson, let alone Kobe. I'm not saying they need a guy of Bryant level, but they need somebody better.

The Jazz could have gotten better, but clearly were not interested in moving Boozer for next to nothing, and clearly were not interested in taking on contracts. D-Will, as any Jazz fan can see, is upset because his front office has thrown in the towel, essentially for the third year in a row, and as a player I can imagine that is even more furstrating that it is for a fan. Detroit especially had come players on the trading block that the Jazz could have pried away, but they made not attempt.

I understand that Boozer and Okur's contracts are up, and that they have some first round picks, and that they want to see what's going to be around come the offseason, but the bottom line is the Jazz brass have given up on this season. Even if Brewer and D-Will were best friends, I'm sure he would have gotten over this trade if it had brought in some talent like Prince or Hamilton, and being as how Prince, Hamilton and Okur have already won a title together, and Sloan is a great coach with perhaps the best point guard in the league, as well as guys like Milsap and AK47, and Krover, that team could have potentially made some noise.

Instead the most the Jazz have to hope for is a second round elimination. Again.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2010, 08:58 AM
I was reading up on the trade and apparently Memphis had offer Utah TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS in 2010, the ones owed to them by LA and Denver, but Utah said they wanted Memphis's own first round pick, and the two settled for Memphis's first round in 2011.

Considering the fact that Memphis has improved as much as they have, have everybody under contract through next year (if they choose to re-up with Gay which may or may not be likely), and have THREE first round picks this year, doesn't it seem likely that their pick next year won't be much higher than the LA and Denver picks this year? I'd personally rather have late first round picks than one kind late first round pick? I dunno... and sooner is better than later. 2011 is far off and the 2010 draft can bring help this year.

FarOutIos
02-20-2010, 09:11 AM
I was reading up on the trade and apparently Memphis had offer Utah TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS in 2010, the ones owed to them by LA and Denver, but Utah said they wanted Memphis's own first round pick, and the two settled for Memphis's first round in 2011.

Considering the fact that Memphis has improved as much as they have, have everybody under contract through next year (if they choose to re-up with Gay which may or may not be likely), and have THREE first round picks this year, doesn't it seem likely that their pick next year won't be much higher than the LA and Denver picks this year? I'd personally rather have late first round picks than one kind late first round pick? I dunno... and sooner is better than later. 2011 is far off and the 2010 draft can bring help this year.

I'm not a fan of either team... but that trade didn't make much sense to me either. I don't understand why Utah wouldn't take the two first round picks... especially if there is a chance that Boozer will be gone. There are a surplus of big men coming out in this draft and they may have to pass on one of the great swing men to get a big. Picks in this years draft would have given them many more options.