PDA

View Full Version : nba's inconvenient truths: 10 things we know but fail to acknowledge

kArSoN RyDaH
02-19-2010, 09:02 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/348737-inconvenient-truths-10-things-we-know-about-the-nba-yet-fail-to-acknowledge

interesting read.. thoughts?

td0tsfinest
02-19-2010, 09:21 PM
7—The Toronto Raptors Have No Chance To Win A Title, But They Are Fun To Watch

I hate this guy :mad:

bigsams50
02-19-2010, 09:23 PM
^ lol It was a good read

_KB24_
02-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Stupid read. Most of the stuff is obvious, while some don't quite make sense.

Don Starks
02-19-2010, 09:46 PM
the guy who wrote it seemed like a western conference homer. most of his slides had something to do with the western teams, and if something focused in the eastern conference it was usually about how bad it is. even the second to last slide was a jab at the cavs, the best team in the east. hes not necessarily wrong about the west being better then the east, but his opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.

JWO35
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Most of the stuff is obvious

Agreed

TopsyTurvy
02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Nothing really good there at all. It's telling that the author would even mention the Dallas trade as a bullet point and then brazenly write off the entirety of the Eastern Conference but for the few teams at the top. Bias shines through and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of original analysis within any of the points. The author would do better to acknowledge that the 23 some odd concession locations within the Staples Center are simply too much for fans to truly appreciate...

black1605
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
bleacher report is awful

RadiantShot
02-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Everything was true.

Meth
02-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Everything was true. Some I laughed because it was true. Some I felt sorry for.

heathonater
02-19-2010, 11:27 PM
the east might not be as deep in good teams as the western conference. but, over the last few years the west has gotten older while stars like howard, wade, and lebron are just entering into their primes. in a couple years, i could see the eastern conference over taking the west.

ManRam
02-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Nothing he said was shocking, or fits the bill of being "an inconvenient truth".

My 14 year old brother that doesn't exist could have wrote that on his own.

NYMetros
02-20-2010, 12:59 AM
The Knicks are but one example of a playoff format that is out-dated and needs to be tweaked in order to keep up with the ever-evolving nature of the league.

It's a travesty to think a team could be rewarded with a playoff berth for mediocre play, but that scenario just may play out in this year's postseason.

The Knicks are like 9 games out of the playoffs. You think that's close? :confused:

1—The Lakers Are A Poorer Team Without Kobe Bryant

No way. Really?

avrpatsfan
02-20-2010, 01:19 AM
bleacher report is awful

Agreed

BlueJayFanDan
02-20-2010, 01:28 AM
I just wasted 2 minutes of my time reading about stuff I already know about. Thanks

Jaji
02-20-2010, 01:32 AM
West > East?
Lakers won't win w/o Kobe?
Spurs not the same?

Who doesn't acknowledge these things?

ldc62
02-20-2010, 07:08 AM
I never liked the BleacherReport and this was a terrible read.

1) The Lakers Are A Poorer Team Without Kobe Bryant (No kidding)
2) The Cavaliers Are The Best Team When They Prove It In The Finals (O... so winning a championship proves that teams the best.... DUH!!!)
5) The San Antonio Spurs Are Not The Same Team (You mean Tim Duncan is getting older!!!)

Almost every point was [extremely] obvious, but the 3 ^ were the worst.

The_Pharouh
02-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Nothing he said was shocking, or fits the bill of being "an inconvenient truth".

My 14 year old brother that doesn't exist could have wrote that on his own.
X2

the east might not be as deep in good teams as the western conference. but, over the last few years the west has gotten older while stars like howard, wade, and lebron are just entering into their primes. in a couple years, i could see the eastern conference over taking the west.

OKC,Memphis,Portland,CP3,Tyrke Evans disagree

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Nothing really good there at all. It's telling that the author would even mention the Dallas trade as a bullet point and then brazenly write off the entirety of the Eastern Conference but for the few teams at the top. Bias shines through and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of original analysis within any of the points. The author would do better to acknowledge that the 23 some odd concession locations within the Staples Center are simply too much for fans to truly appreciate...

Nail on the head.

Statements of the obvious: West is better? We know
Spurs arent as good as they were? We know
Celtics window closed? We'll see, but likely.
Lakers are a poorer team without Kobe. Yeah. and the cavs are even poorer without LeBron, and the same could be said for every team if you take away their star player (except the Nets because you can't get any worse).
Nuggets are title contenders? Sure, didn't we discover that in the playoffs last year?

And the playoff format? Its one of the best set ups in spot today. Why would you mess with that?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-20-2010, 08:55 AM
I just wasted 2 minutes of my time reading about stuff I already know about. Thanks

umm, you knew that Caron Butler And Brendan Haywood Are A Minimal Upgrade For Dallas?