RenegadeRiot36
02-19-2010, 08:51 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/84754662.html

Bobcats Get: Theo Ratlif

Spurs Get: Conditional 2016 2nd Round Pick

I see the power in the west has shifted with the value of that pick:D

DieHardColtsfan
02-19-2010, 08:54 PM
LOL. yeah this is funny. Simply a cap move.

Kakaroach
02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Lol @ the pick being in 2016.

Still, I don't expect Ratliff to get much playing on the Cats either.

DerekRE_3
02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
He has 2 blocks in the 1st half already.

mavwar53
02-19-2010, 09:09 PM
that is the same thing that the kings gave up for Hilton Armstrong, and they already traded him after giving up soooo much to get him.

td0tsfinest
02-19-2010, 09:11 PM
that was pretty stupid of the spurs, the world is ending in 2012.

RenegadeRiot36
02-20-2010, 12:36 AM
that is the same thing that the kings gave up for Hilton Armstrong, and they already traded him after giving up soooo much to get him.

im sure the gm got fired or at least is on the hot seat for losing such an important team investment

RadiantShot
02-20-2010, 12:53 AM
that was pretty stupid of the spurs, the world is ending in 2012.

Go kill yourself.

:laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2010, 09:28 AM
I don't think it was a cap-move, I think it was likely a respect move. Ratliff and Brown love each other (I think Iverson caught them making out in the locker room once, but I may have just made that up), and Ratliff hadn't broken Pop's rotation. The Spurs signed him to a vet-minimum this year and went over the cap, they could have just as easily passed up on him if they didnt want to spend the money.

Ratliff still has some game left, he is a great center to have sitting at the end of your bench to throw in at the end of quarters, get a couple of blocks and work the boards when yoru starter gets an early foul, and though 37 years might sound old, he's still capable of competing.

Likely what happened is Theo just said: hey, if you guys aren't going to play me, can you trade me to a team that will give me some minutes? And they, being the generally respectful team that they are likely just asked him where he wanted to go. I like to think that is situations that don't carry much of an impact on a team, that teams and players are respectful of each other in such situations and do what they can to help each other out.

And you never know, the way the Spurs pick in the late second round, they could pick up another Ginobili, Parker, Scola or Blair. Second round picks don't mean $#!T to other teams, but to the Spurs they usually end up playing better than most other team's first round picks ;-) I mean jeez, they only ever picked up Bruce Bowen because no other team wanted him, he got cut by like five different teams.