PDA

View Full Version : TMac on Steven A Smith radio show this morning

JordansBulls
02-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Here is what someone mentioned regarding T-mac on the radio this morning.

He's did an interview with TMac this morning. TMac says he's not 100% healthy yet, getting close, will deffinetly be 100% at the start of next season, hopes New York brings in 2 max free agents and he can resign with them. He said he's made enough money throughout his career that money wouldn't even be an issue next year. Also says that when he's 100% people will put his name back up there with LeBron, Kobe, and Wade

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Here is a good Article

McGrady says he'd take paycut to play with stars in New York

Posted Feb 19 2010 3:20PM

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) -- Tracy McGrady is going to get a chance to show he is still a top NBA player.

And he wants to stick around if the New York Knicks bring in some bigger stars this summer, even if it means taking less money.

McGrady joined the Knicks on Friday after being acquired in a three-team trade a day earlier. He said he is nearly 100 percent after microfracture knee surgery, vowing that, "This is not the same Tracy from last season, when I was hobbling on one leg."

The seven-time All-Star knows he could just be a short-term rental before the Knicks pursue players such as LeBron James or Dwyane Wade this summer, but said he would take a considerable pay cut from this season's $22.5 million salary to stay in New York if the Knicks got those types of players.

"I've made a lot of money over my career and I could retire right now and I could be fine financially. My kids can be fine when they get older. Money is not an issue for me," McGrady said.

"So if these guys were to bring in a LeBron, a D-Wade, along with a Chris Bosh or a (Amare) Stoudemire, I'd be a damn fool to not want to stay here. So I'm just telling you right now that I will definitely embrace the opportunity to be here. Money is not an issue."

McGrady said the Knicks were his preference once Houston decided to try to trade him, adding he would have sought a buyout if he were sent elsewhere. He finally got his wish Thursday in a three-team deal that included Sacramento, saying he was disappointed this season by a lack of communication from Rockets management.

"I didn't know. I really didn't know," McGrady said. "And that's just the unfortunate situation, that I just like for management to be upfront and honest with me. That's all I ask, honesty. And if we can't sit and have a conversation eye to eye and be honest with me, then all the respect and trust goes out the window."

Though he has played only six games this season after the knee operation a year ago this month, McGrady will be featured by a Knicks team that has only faint playoff hopes. That could start as early as Saturday, when McGrady and fellow newcomer Sergio Rodriguez could debut against Oklahoma City.

And it'll be in Mike D'Antoni's old offense. The Knicks traded away big men Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill in the deal for McGrady, so they're going to be undersized and have to try to run teams out of the building the way D'Antoni's Suns did.

"We're going back, speed it up again," D'Antoni said. "We're going to have to spread the floor and we're going to have to score."

McGrady once seemed an ideal player for that style, averaging 21.9 points and winning a pair of scoring titles in 13 seasons. But the 30-year-old swingman has played just 41 games the last two seasons, and D'Antoni said they're anxious to see his health.

"Stay tuned," McGrady said. "Only thing I can do is just go out there and play my game and be me."

D'Antoni had Stoudemire in Phoenix, so he's had experience coaching players coming back from microfracture surgery.

"There were no restrictions on Amare and there were days you'd go, 'I don't know if he's quite back' and there were days you'd go, 'Oh man, he's back,"' D'Antoni said. "So a little up and down, a little roller-coaster."

The Knicks can accept that, because everything they've done has positioned the team for the summer, not this season. Their moves Thursday left them with nearly enough money to offer maximum salary contracts to two top players.

McGrady realizes he's lost his place in that category and now would be happy just to join them when basketball turns around in New York.

"Last couple of years I've been injured, so I recognize that," he said. "And I realize that you've got one of the best players in our league that's going to be a free agent. You've got a couple of them. LeBron, D-Wade, Chris Bosh, Stoudemire, I recognize that. Those guys are on top right now. I'm just a guy that was injured. No sweat, I'll just come out here, do what I've got to do for two months, and then I can put my name back in there.

"Now don't get me wrong, if I come back and I'm healthy and I'm playing well, we're obviously going to do some negotiating. But what I'm saying is if a LeBron comes here or a D-Wade comes here and you're matching them with, pairing them up with Stoudemire or Chris Bosh, I know I'm not going to get the big bucks, but save a little for me."

knickerbockerny
02-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Can't wait for the game tomorrow!

goku
02-19-2010, 05:04 PM
and it begins the health key words im not 100% yet

JIMMY CONWAY
02-19-2010, 05:08 PM
lol

bigsams50
02-19-2010, 05:17 PM
T-Mac still has something left in the tank i believe, and he's gonna show everyone when wearing a Knicks jersey.

sep11ie
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Lol, I've heard this before...

Trouble87
02-19-2010, 05:27 PM
:facepalm: he's already making excuses

not 100%... it begins

bleedprple&gold
02-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Lol T-Mac would be "willing to take a paycut." He's getting a massive paycut whether he likes it or not...

Chronz
02-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Im glad he ended up in NY and wont be going for a buyout to join a contender. Regardless of what the haters think, its more important to prove your worth as a player than it is to experience playoff success in a role that any average joe can fill.

:facepalm: he's already making excuses

not 100%... it begins

How is that an excuse and not the reality of his situation?

Chronz
02-19-2010, 05:40 PM
and it begins the health key words im not 100% yet

Only a moron would expect him to be 100% at this stage in his recovery. Hes only 100% in the sense that he feels no pain in his knee, but it will take till next season to regain the full potential of his athletic ability, where ever that may lie. One things for sure, he should play better come this time next year.

GOON MUSIC
02-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah Goin To The Game Tomorrow He Fin To Get A Standin O

BECAUSE HES PART OF THE REASON JARED JEFFRIES IS GONE !!

bleedprple&gold
02-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah Goin To The Game Tomorrow He Fin To Get A Standin O

BECAUSE HES PART OF THE REASON JARED JEFFRIES IS GONE !!

No, it was those first-round picks and Jordan Hill are the reason why the Rockets took Jeffries...

goku
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Only a moron would expect him to be 100% at this stage in his recovery. Hes only 100% in the sense that he feels no pain in his knee, but it will take till next season to regain the full potential of his athletic ability, where ever that may lie. One things for sure, he should play better come this time next year.

only a moron would think he will ever be 100%

sixerfixer
02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
T-Mac said that next year, people will put him back up in the Kobe-Lebron-Wade catigory ? First,,when was T-Mac EVER in that Catigory ? And second,,,if he keeps up those type of statements,,,he won't be playing on the New York Knicks. But rather the New York team at Bellevue :-)

JordansBulls
02-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Im glad he ended up in NY and wont be going for a buyout to join a contender. Regardless of what the haters think, its more important to prove your worth as a player than it is to experience playoff success in a role that any average joe can fill.

How is that an excuse and not the reality of his situation?

I agree with you.

Storch
02-19-2010, 05:53 PM
:bla:

But anyway, imagine a knicks team with bron bosh and tmac all healthy? I know, i cant imagine a healthy tmac either but dang that would be so SCARY.

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Give me a break Chronz... you really expect anything out of Tmac except weak play and the excused that come with it?

Morons might believe that he has something left to give.

Chronz
02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
only a moron would think he will ever be 100%
Thank you miss cleo mind telling me tomarrows yadda yadda youknow the joke

Chronz
02-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Give me a break Chronz... you really expect anything out of Tmac except weak play and the excused that come with it?

Morons might believe that he has something left to give.
There is no substantial evidence to your claims, Ive tempered my expectations. The haters are ignorant to the situation. That is the difference

sep11ie
02-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Chronz actually really T-Mac.

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Chronz actually really T-Mac.

Tmac talks out his *** about returning to form, but he is not making excuses about where his health is at. He will be 100% by the start of next year, whether he stays there isnt my concern, but he is most definitely NOT making excuses. To think he is, is to completely abandon all medical evidence. Players dont return from MF so quickly. Its barely been a year, even Amare wasnt back to form until year 2, in Tmacs case 1.5 years should do it as it was a less extensive procedure.

That is all, anyone care to refute this or will you just stick to your ignorant ways and hate with no evidence.

sep11ie
02-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Tmac talks out his *** about returning to form, but he is not making excuses about where his health is at. He will be 100% by the start of next year, whether he stays there isnt my concern, but he is most definitely NOT making excuses. To think he is, is to completely abandon all medical evidence. Players dont return from MF so quickly. Its barely been a year, even Amare wasnt back to form until year 2, in Tmacs case 1.5 years should do it as it was a less extensive procedure.

That is all, anyone care to refute this or will you just stick to your ignorant ways and hate with no evidence.

Tracy, do you always speak in the 3rd person? Or did you just pick that up?

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Hes always done it, its the rebirth of Tmac

wileyisTOFU
02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
hey a knicks game worth talking about, good times

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 06:11 PM

Dude... over the last 4 seasons Tmac has averaged 55 games per year. And that doesn't include this year, which will obviously bring that number down.

Tmac may be 100% of where he is capable of being now. But that is not 100% of a totally healthy player. He is broken down and injury prone.

At best he is hoping to limp out a couple more years on this busted *** body of his and play at a limited level.

sep11ie
02-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Chronz, or T-mac, I'll sig bet with ya that you dont average better than 15/5/5 for the rest of the season.

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Dude... over the last 4 seasons Tmac has averaged 55 games per year. And that doesn't include this year, which will obviously bring that number down.

Tmac may be 100% of where he is capable of being now. But that is not 100% of a totally healthy player. He is broken down and injury prone.

At best he is hoping to limp out a couple more years on this busted *** body of his and play at a limited level.
I dont understand this line, hes not 100% right now nor is he saying he is.

At best he will play better than last year, at worst he will play the same way he did when he was playing on 1 leg. That doesnt sound reasonable, which is why Im not hating on the guy like most of you are. Put it this way, Tmac on 1 leg was still a 15-5-5 kind of guy with the passing ability to notch a triple double, and that was from a guy who has a low threshold for pain dealing with it every game. Now imagine that same guy only without pain and inching closer to a full recovery. Those are my expectations and they are perfectly reasonable.

So what exactly are you trying to get at? That he will break his back, be limited to 10MPG and suck bad? LMFAO cuz that what it seems like, now rethink your stance and approach the game from an objective position. lol at best he can do alot more than what you suggested.

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Chronz, or T-mac, I'll sig bet with ya that you dont average better than 15/5/5 for the rest of the season.
How about I bet you that he sports an adj.PER above 14 for next year? (Thats what AI is doing now)

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 06:19 PM
I dont understand this line, hes not 100% right now nor is he saying he is.

At best he will play better than last year, at worst he will play the same way he did when he was playing on 1 leg. That doesnt sound reasonable, which is why Im not hating on the guy like most of you are. Put it this way, Tmac on 1 leg was still a 15-5-5 kind of guy with the passing ability to notch a triple double, and that was from a guy who has a low threshold for pain dealing with it every game. Now imagine that same guy only without pain and inching closer to a full recovery. Those are my expectations and they are perfectly reasonable.

So what exactly are you trying to get at? That he will break his back, be limited to 10MPG and suck bad? LMFAO cuz that what it seems like, now rethink your stance and approach the game from an objective position. lol at best he can do alot more than what you suggested.

And now you're putting words into my mouth to make your argument.

He won't be as bad as you think I've suggested, but he sure as hell won't be nearly as good as you imply.

LMFAO if you think he's going to be a legitamite contributer to any team hoping to go deep in the playoffs.

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 06:21 PM
How about I bet you that he sports an adj.PER above 14 for next year? (Thats what AI is doing now)

And refresh me here Chronz since you like to pick and choose stats to suit your needs:

Why do the sixers tend to win more with AI out of the line-up than with him in it?

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:24 PM
And refresh me here Chronz since you like to pick and choose stats to suit your needs:

Why do the sixers tend to win more with AI out of the line-up than with him in it?
OK Ill add the requirement that the Knicks most efficient offensive lineups will include Tmac, anything else?

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 06:25 PM
OK Ill add the requirement that the Knicks most efficient offensive lineups will include Tmac, anything else?

Because he'll be playing with the starters.... not because of what he is going to contribute.

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:26 PM
And now you're putting words into my mouth to make your argument.

He won't be as bad as you think I've suggested, but he sure as hell won't be nearly as good as you imply.

LMFAO if you think he's going to be a legitamite contributer to any team hoping to go deep in the playoffs.

I never put words in your mouth, if you notice I said it seems like it because I know my expectations are reasonable, you on the other hand have not put forth any expectations. Just tried to belittle mine. So how could I have put words in your mouth?

Define legitimate contributor?

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Because he'll be playing with the starters.... not because of what he is going to contribute.
You can account for that, those very same starters will be more effective with Tmac alongside them. Anything else?

sep11ie
02-19-2010, 06:27 PM

Deal.

Melo15
02-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I think at this point T-Mac can still give a contending team solid production but there is no way he can be a go to guy anymore. He will never be the T-Mac of old but its not out of the question to say he can't average around 18 ppg, 5 apg, and 5 rpg. Thats still solid production and he would help out any contender willing to give him a chance next year. This year, I don't expect much at all from him. He said it himself that he isn't 100% and he still has to get back into game shape and shake the rust off.

Kashmir13579
02-19-2010, 06:47 PM
T-Mac said that next year, people will put him back up in the Kobe-Lebron-Wade catigory ? First,,when was T-Mac EVER in that Catigory ? And second,,,if he keeps up those type of statements,,,he won't be playing on the New York Knicks. But rather the New York team at Bellevue :-) obviously you didn't watch T-mac play when he was arguably the best player in the NBA. 2 time scoring champ BTW. AKA T-mac was the truth at one point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
ITS JUST TYPICAL HATE FOR ANY1 WHO PUTS ON A NY JERSEY. T-MAC WILL BE HATED BY BURNED ROCKETS FANS, KNICKS HATERS, AND TORONTO FANS. AND I BELIEVE CHEESE IS 2 OUT OF THE 3. But its ok. His team is performing well and is going to be a 2nd round knockout and then he's gonna sweat bullets that Bosh might leave. Dwade or Rose might look good after a bad playoff series.

Chronz
02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Deal.
OK its pretty low standard after watching that 13 in 33 again I say above 15. (Thats what he did on 1 leg)

The Dream
02-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Knick haters knick haters

matt21donkey
02-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Typical huh....First off T-Mac was never and will never be the player lebron and Kobe(who i despise) and Dwade are...he scored alot but that was all...ive watched him play for the last 6 seasons and went to prob 100 games....he never took over a game the way they can...he cant win a game by himself, he has always griped about his help while playing in houston up until 2 years ago till he couldnt complain anymore due to him being washed up...and yes, being to injured to do anything counts as washed up....before his knee it was his back and before his back it was the players around him...blah blah..If he gets 35mpg than yeah hell put up 20 on most nights...but when he doesnt ...its always someone else...his injuries are legit , but he has been a cry baby ...he even refused to work out with the team choosing to find his own personal workout plan...wow..what a LEGEND...lame

Chronz
02-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Typical huh....First off T-Mac was never and will never be the player lebron and Kobe(who i despise) and Dwade are...he scored alot but that was all...ive watched him play for the last 6 seasons and went to prob 100 games....he never took over a game the way they can...he cant win a game by himself, he has always griped about his help while playing in houston up until 2 years ago till he couldnt complain anymore due to him being washed up...and yes, being to injured to do anything counts as washed up....before his knee it was his back and before his back it was the players around him...blah blah..If he gets 35mpg than yeah hell put up 20 on most nights...but when he doesnt ...its always someone else...his injuries are legit , but he has been a cry baby ...he even refused to work out with the team choosing to find his own personal workout plan...wow..what a LEGEND...lame
HUH? Im not buying the rest of your argument but can you explain this piece?

matt21donkey
02-19-2010, 07:16 PM
NBA.com

When Ron Artest said last week on his visit back to town with the Lakers that his one-season stay in Houston was "very challenging," he was referring greatly to the daily diva routine of McGrady. Last season, T-Mac often kept his teammates guessing whether he'd play on any given night almost right up until the opening tip.

Even when McGrady finally decided to shut himself down for the season to undergo the microfracture procedure on his left knee, that decision came just a week after he had declared himself "back" and was not even considering surgery. The Rockets got the news by watching TV and reading it on T-Mac's Web site.

Coach Rick Adelman was furious. The members of the front office rolled their collective eyes. Many of McGrady's teammates felt betrayed.

clutchski
02-19-2010, 07:19 PM
It's nice to hear a star that talks about money not meaning anything anymore.

matt21donkey
02-19-2010, 07:23 PM
espn.com thats gotta sting

Sources said that Mcgrady and his agent have refused normal team workouts to prove his health, and say for now that the best compromise is for McGrady to leave the team to work out on his own and stay ready in case a deal can be struck.

what54!?
02-19-2010, 07:23 PM
thats nice but he's going to another team next season

matt21donkey
02-19-2010, 07:27 PM
1. he hasnt been a star in the past 2 years..
2. he says money is no object because he doesnt expect to get anything close to what his last contract was. This can be proven by looking at some of his last comments on the steve smith radio show where he said, "Now don't get me wrong, if I come back and I'm healthy and I'm playing well, we're obviously going to do some negotiating." ha even he knows he sux

joe j.09
02-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Knicks 2010 roster??????:
Pg: Player will be aquired using Currys Huge expiring next season.
Sg: Tmac
Sf: Lebron
Pf: bosh
C; camby

Bench: chandler, gallo, douglas

WOW, imagine if that happens...

vash9
02-19-2010, 07:46 PM
If he does return to 100%, best i see him is at like...an Andre Iguodala level.

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 07:49 PM
ITS JUST TYPICAL HATE FOR ANY1 WHO PUTS ON A NY JERSEY. T-MAC WILL BE HATED BY BURNED ROCKETS FANS, KNICKS HATERS, AND TORONTO FANS. AND I BELIEVE CHEESE IS 2 OUT OF THE 3. But its ok. His team is performing well and is going to be a 2nd round knockout and then he's gonna sweat bullets that Bosh might leave. Dwade or Rose might look good after a bad playoff series.

Ok pal. I am not a Knick hater, nor do I hate Tmac for what happened in Toronto (management screwed up our chances with him), and lastly I'm not sweating that Bosh is leaving.

All I'm saying here that is Tmac is a proven non-winner, that has a broken down body, and still continues to act like he is a top 15 player in the NBA. If you and Chronz want to pipe dream that he is still a player of value, then so be it.

Just listen to how Tmac talks though... he obviously thinks he still has it and is going to be looking for significant playing time and probably a solid contract.

Good luck to both of you.

You'll be eating your words next year if he is still in NY.

GodsSon
02-19-2010, 08:00 PM
How kind of you Tracy to be "willing" to accept less money if guys like LeBron or Bosh end up on the Knicks so that he can ride their coat-tails to respectability...this guy is such a loser I hope he doesn't achieve any success throughout the rest of his shortened career

SA5195
02-19-2010, 08:00 PM
I'll bet you, he'll say he's not 100% at the start of next season too lol.

JordansBulls
02-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Knicks 2010 roster??????:
Pg: Player will be aquired using Currys Huge expiring next season.
Sg: Tmac
Sf: Lebron
Pf: bosh
C; camby

Bench: chandler, gallo, douglas

WOW, imagine if that happens...

I hope they get Amare/Lebron though while the Bulls get Bosh/Wade. It would be a great Bulls vs Knicks rivalry.

oak2455
02-19-2010, 08:31 PM
No, it was those first-round picks and Jordan Hill are the reason why the Rockets took Jeffries...

whatever two max guys:dance::dance::dance::dance:

ko8e24
02-19-2010, 10:35 PM
T-Mac can still score 20 ppg, but he ain't gonna be on the level of Kobe and LeBron. He can be the 3rd guy on an elite team, 2nd guy at best on team trying to make the playoffs, or THE GUY on a lottery team.

Those are your options T-Mac....

Just demand a buyout from the Knicks, and sign with the Lakers

Meth
02-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Great to see a star player not worried about how much he gets payed. /Applauds

Chronz
02-20-2010, 03:02 AM
So wheres the link that says he refused to work out with the team? He tried that route it didnt work, the team gave him a leave of absence to go through his usual workout regimen, everyone thought it was all he needed but that was before they knew the extent of his injury. If your talking about when the team let him go so he could stick with Tim Grover then what exactly are you getting at. That was the best choice he could make for his recovery. Or are you so inept that youve forgotten the teams medical history?

Chronz
02-20-2010, 03:04 AM
How kind of you Tracy to be "willing" to accept less money if guys like LeBron or Bosh end up on the Knicks so that he can ride their coat-tails to respectability...this guy is such a loser I hope he doesn't achieve any success throughout the rest of his shortened career
What the hell?

JordansBulls
02-20-2010, 08:56 AM
I do want to see how he plays though.

_Supreme_
02-20-2010, 08:59 AM
None of this is relevant, because NY will be lucky if they even get ONE max salary star player. More likely it will be Joe Johnson and maybe Carlos Boozer when everything is said and done. Let us see if Tracy still takes a paycut to stay with those players.

That said, I think that McGrady can potentially do fine for the Knicks during the remainder of the season once he gets in game shape. Tim Grover did a great job on Jermaine O'Neal's knees, and if he did something similar to McGrady (which he reportedly did) he should be able to produce overall stats similar to 08/09 when he played.

$ NyC $
02-20-2010, 09:17 AM
When he says he's not 100% he means he's not in NBA shape yet. All NBA players say it, there's no way to simulate a NBA game but to actually partake in one. You can run, train all you want, but once you get on that court its a different world. It's gonna take him a while to get back 2 NBA speed and he has the rest of the year to do that.

Evolution23
02-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Haters beware the Knicks are back!

_Supreme_
02-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Haters beware the Knicks are back!

Haters or lovers alike, how exactly are the Knicks back?

Because they cleared cap space? I guess the Wizards, Clippers and Nets are back too!

Evolution23
02-20-2010, 12:27 PM

Because they cleared cap space? I guess the Wizards, Clippers and Nets are back too!

Casue we're not the Clips or the Nets... U already know all the free agents want to come to NYC. Don't act like you have been living under a rock for the last 2 years... be real dude

mjqusoldier
02-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Yea everyone just hates on NY because it's Ny the greatest city in the world. We'll be a very good team next year and for years to come. Hate to break the news to the rest of you haters. 2010 Knicks are going to be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oak2455
02-20-2010, 01:00 PM

TMac did say it was the Mecca of basketball which is why players will come:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

tland22
02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope the best for TMAC, and i do see things working out for him eventually. Cant even believe you people hating on a guy like TMAC after ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL he has been through on the court and all he has done to help other people off the court - THAT IS FREAKING PATHETIC. I gotta root for him, i loved/love his game.

_Supreme_
02-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Casue we're not the Clips or the Nets... U already know all the free agents want to come to NYC. Don't act like you have been living under a rock for the last 2 years... be real dude

Oh really? Please quote me some of all these free agents who have said they are going to NY for sure. If all the free agents want to come to NYC that should be easy.

No, the only ones who should "be real" are some of the Knicks fans who have become delusional the past couple of days.

Once your team actually signs someone you can come back and talk, because there is a very realistic possibility you end up with Joe Johnson and re-signing David Lee.

_Supreme_
02-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Yea everyone just hates on NY because it's Ny the greatest city in the world.

Well, actually I never understood where this myth came from. I am a European who has been to NY more than once, as well as a lot of other places in the US/world, and I beg to differ.

NYC is fun to visit for 2 or 3 days to see the main locations and attractions, but after that it is just a large overcrowded city where it stinks in the summer and freezes your nose off in the winter. Add to that the weird people who are everywhere you look.

I do not think that as far as wanting to live there it is even in the top 10 of the cities I visited. Out of only the US cities, if you have the choice to for example live in Miami, Tampa or one of the good areas in or near LA I do not see why anyone would want to live in NYC instead.
Maybe if it is your hometown and you never visited any other places it is understandable to not know any better I guess :shrug:

But back on topic: I am happy for Tmac that he is happy with his situation. I would not expect him to state anything different.

Kakaroach
02-20-2010, 02:04 PM
He said he was also willing to take a pay-cut in order for everyone else to sign there too. Even though I don't think he has to worry about that, the Knicks prolly don't wanna re-sign him anyway.

Sportznut
02-20-2010, 02:16 PM
First thing.. he was to have said he was 100% wanted to play with houston till they let him go from the team. Now he is with NY, and first thing is .. "im not 100%" surprise.. already letting down ANOTHER team. I hope nothing best to all the teams. but be real about the Knicks.. How many people are saying that they wanna go to them. Oh now that Tmacs there, they will go ?!?!? NO! Lebron said its not the money, its about the ring and the chance to win ! well.. sorry that eliminates NY, and NJ. I wont even talk about my favorite team. Because im not like that Im a realist .. But anyhow goodluck next season. thats what the cubs fans always say isnt it?

masalex1205
02-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I've heard this before, prove it on the court

oak2455
02-20-2010, 03:13 PM
It's funny how you guys know where FA's are actually going, if thats the case can you give me tonights winning Lotto numbers:eyebrow:

GodsSon
02-20-2010, 03:33 PM
What the hell?

Me and you have had at least 2 arguments about McGrady in the past, and my stance is unwavering...what he did in Toronto was only the tip of the iceberg, but this guy has been a complete primadonna his entire career, has thrown teammates under the bus, and whined his way out of 2 situations...not to mention screwing Houston over at the trade deadline last year...he serves as an example of an overpaid, spoiled athlete and embodies everything that is wrong with modern sport

Evolution23
02-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Oh really? Please quote me some of all these free agents who have said they are going to NY for sure. If all the free agents want to come to NYC that should be easy.

No, the only ones who should "be real" are some of the Knicks fans who have become delusional the past couple of days.

Once your team actually signs someone you can come back and talk, because there is a very realistic possibility you end up with Joe Johnson and re-signing David Lee.

Lets be real dude we have most attractive offers to the best free agents.. WE can go to Lebron and say who do u want to play with? You want Bosh or Wade? Oh btw Lebron you get to play in the greatest city in the world. All your friends are here (Jay-z, CC). Oh and you are a Yankee fan too? wow they play in NY too. You want to be a billionaire? We got a couple of sponsers that can make that happen. You want to be biggest global icon, we can make that happen. Right now kobe is ahead in popularity (see jersey sales). Now explain to me how that is dillusianal kid.

AI4MVP
02-20-2010, 03:40 PM
when tracy was on the magic he was the best player in the game IMO

Evolution23
02-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, actually I never understood where this myth came from. I am a European who has been to NY more than once, as well as a lot of other places in the US/world, and I beg to differ.

NYC is fun to visit for 2 or 3 days to see the main locations and attractions, but after that it is just a large overcrowded city where it stinks in the summer and freezes your nose off in the winter. Add to that the weird people who are everywhere you look.

I do not think that as far as wanting to live there it is even in the top 10 of the cities I visited. Out of only the US cities, if you have the choice to for example live in Miami, Tampa or one of the good areas in or near LA I do not see why anyone would want to live in NYC instead.
Maybe if it is your hometown and you never visited any other places it is understandable to not know any better I guess :shrug:

But back on topic: I am happy for Tmac that he is happy with his situation. I would not expect him to state anything different.

Of so you speak for the rest of the NBA players when u say you don't like the NYC? Btw i've been to other places like Chicago, Florida, England, India.. and I can say without any bias that NY is the place to live.. If you are looking for "things to do" theres no place like NY. True story.

FOBolous
02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Of so you speak for the rest of the NBA players when u say you don't like the NYC? Btw i've been to other places like Chicago, Florida, England, India.. and I can say without any bias that NY is the place to live.. If you are looking for "things to do" theres no place like NY. True story.

i don't know man. i read somewhere recently that there's a mass exodus out of NYC and a lot of people are moving to Texas. i think NYC actually have a problem with retaining residents.

Sports Illustrator
02-20-2010, 03:57 PM
i don't know man. i read somewhere recently that there's a mass exodus out of NYC and a lot of people are moving to Texas. i think NYC actually have a problem with retaining residents.

Most of the people are moving to Florida actually, but at the same time we are also getting a lot of people moving in. The reason for all that is because NY is becoming to be more expensive to live in and many people prefer to live in warmer climates.

The money part is sort of irrelevant to athletes. The weather could be a little relevant, but not as relevant since its cold in NY only during the basketball season and it becomes really nice when the season is over.

Verbal Christ
02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
funny. translation? "<giggling> man i hit up the houston rockets for over 100 MILLION!! ha ha , and since my body is broken down Im sure I wont get much more than the MLE anyways"

SeoulBeatz
02-20-2010, 04:08 PM
There is no substantial evidence to your claims, Ive tempered my expectations. The haters are ignorant to the situation. That is the difference

for real, people hate on tmac way too much.

people forget that this dude was the best scorer in the NBA for 3 years.

and people say he couldnt come up big in the playoffs....

Tracy McGrady's playoff numbers: 28.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 6.5 apg, 1.5 spg, 0.8 bpg.

What more could the man have done? Sure numbers aren't everything but those are hard numbers to ignore. McGrady is often the scapegoat for his team's shortcomings IMO. Wish him the best of luck in NYC. Injuries are a *****, haters are too.

Chronz
02-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Me and you have had at least 2 arguments about McGrady in the past, and my stance is unwavering...what he did in Toronto was only the tip of the iceberg, but this guy has been a complete primadonna his entire career, has thrown teammates under the bus, and whined his way out of 2 situations...not to mention screwing Houston over at the trade deadline last year...he serves as an example of an overpaid, spoiled athlete and embodies everything that is wrong with modern sport

You seriously got your facts twisted. Its clear you dont listen to reason

matt21donkey
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS???
your going to sit there and say Tracy McBaby didnt screw over the rockets at the trade deadline....hahahaha....he said he was feeling much better and decided to play it out,(trying to put up numbers for another big contract) realized he couldnt, cuz he lied about being healthy..Then decided to have surgery on his knee without notifying HIS OWN TEAM....he did that to make sure the rockets could not get anything for him...SUCH A DOUCHEBAG

Chronz
02-20-2010, 08:37 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS???
your going to sit there and say Tracy McBaby didnt screw over the rockets at the trade deadline....hahahaha....he said he was feeling much better and decided to play it out,(trying to put up numbers for another big contract) realized he couldnt, cuz he lied about being healthy..Then decided to have surgery on his knee without notifying HIS OWN TEAM....he did that to make sure the rockets could not get anything for him...SUCH A DOUCHEBAG

thats exactly what im saying. what kind of medical credentials do you have? its painfully obvious you know nothing of the situation. hey y look up the facts when you can hide behind hearsay and illogical conclusions like tmac purposely undergoing a potentially career ending procedure. . lets toss aside the mris that backed his decision and the lack of scar tissue that according to the teams drs (who by the way resigned and have since apologized) was suppose to heal naturally. dude if anyone is a douche its the guy who talks about things he knows nothing of. also tmac couldnt hurt his trade value. in fact him being hurt only helps the insurance on his contract

JordansBulls
02-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Seems like he is looking a 100% now.

matt21donkey
02-22-2010, 02:27 AM
thats exactly what im saying. what kind of medical credentials do you have? its painfully obvious you know nothing of the situation. hey y look up the facts when you can hide behind hearsay and illogical conclusions like tmac purposely undergoing a potentially career ending procedure. . lets toss aside the mris that backed his decision and the lack of scar tissue that according to the teams drs (who by the way resigned and have since apologized) was suppose to heal naturally. dude if anyone is a douche its the guy who talks about things he knows nothing of. also tmac couldnt hurt his trade value. in fact him being hurt only helps the insurance on his contract

im not saying the surgery wasnt needed...i know it was, im just saying the timing was very,very questionable ...he put it off to try to play through it so maybe he could prove his worth for a future contract with another team...when he decided the pain was too much, he decided to have surgery without even letting the rockets org. know of his intentions...
here is a little of one of the pieces i was referring to..

Adelman said he didnít know if the seven-time NBA All-Star would need to take the extreme step that McGrady said he would undergo immediately. Adelman was vehement, however, that McGrady should not have made an announcement without even talking to him.

"I found out like everybody else did," Adelman said. "I think there should be a protocol there. There should be a procedure where we have a chance to sit down and talk about a situation and not (have it) announced in the press. I donít know why that happened, why he did that. It certainly is not the way it should be handled.

"I saw what he said in the paper. With everything thatís gone on this year, it certainly is not the way it should have gone down. I just thing thereís right ways to do things, and this is not the right way to do it. Thatís something that should have been talked about with him, the doctors, the team. Certainly, Iím not going to question if thatís the right thing to do if thatís what the doctors say. Certainly, we deserve a little bit better than having it announced in the press and not knowing exactly what went down."

and the link incase you wanted to give it a read...http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6268327.html

matt21donkey
02-22-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1545/the_day_t-mac_lost_houston/

this video clip is just a taste of why my opinion of tmac is a little bias...
keep an eye on mcgrady near the top of the key not wanting anything to do with the game
....as soon as he does get the ball he quickly throws it to anyone else not making over 22 mill...and he makes no effort whatsoever to stop the breakaway in the early part of the vid...

Chronz
02-22-2010, 03:01 AM
im not saying the surgery wasnt needed...i know it was, im just saying the timing was very,very questionable ...he put it off to try to play through it so maybe he could prove his worth for a future contract with another team...when he decided the pain was too much, he decided to have surgery without even letting the rockets org. know of his intentions...
here is a little of one of the pieces i was referring to..
You got your facts wrong, he put it off because its what the team doctors were recommending, that the pain was normal. Why would he have to prove his worth if his contract year wasnt coming yet? LOL at your timing remark, yes the timing was wrong, he shouldve gotten it done ALOT sooner, sucks he listened to Doctors who have since moved on and apologized for mishandling the injury. He shouldve gone to his own people from the START.

Adelman said he didn’t know if the seven-time NBA All-Star would need to take the extreme step that McGrady said he would undergo immediately. Adelman was vehement, however, that McGrady should not have made an announcement without even talking to him.

"I found out like everybody else did," Adelman said. "I think there should be a protocol there. There should be a procedure where we have a chance to sit down and talk about a situation and not (have it) announced in the press. I don’t know why that happened, why he did that. It certainly is not the way it should be handled.
Yup according to Tmac it was a misunderstanding, whether he was right or wrong isnt the point. The point is it was necessary and there is no one who can tell him what to do with his body.

"I saw what he said in the paper. With everything that’s gone on this year, it certainly is not the way it should have gone down. I just thing there’s right ways to do things, and this is not the right way to do it. That’s something that should have been talked about with him, the doctors, the team. Certainly, I’m not going to question if that’s the right thing to do if that’s what the doctors say. Certainly, we deserve a little bit better than having it announced in the press and not knowing exactly what went down."

The pendulum swings both ways, there was alot of things the teams doctors and management shouldve done for Mac during his recovery process. It was an ugly divorce, both sides lacked had their flaws.

Chronz
02-22-2010, 03:04 AM
http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1545/the_day_t-mac_lost_houston/

this video clip is just a taste of why my opinion of tmac is a little bias...
keep an eye on mcgrady near the top of the key not wanting anything to do with the game
....as soon as he does get the ball he quickly throws it to anyone else not making over 22 mill...and he makes no effort whatsoever to stop the breakaway in the early part of the vid...
LOL in other words, your bias is unfounded. Oh no this play ruins his career, the fact that he put his body on the line for the Rockets in the playoffs is seriously outweighed by a meaningless play. Forget the fact that he played through pain and atleast tried to see if he could give it a go.

NEXT

matt21donkey
02-22-2010, 03:21 PM
well i guess if u are tired of an organization than thats the kind of performance you are going to put forth...i just think its a little sad that they could never get along...I cant be upset with what the Rockets got back out of it...