PDA

View Full Version : Hated: When you know you're good.

sp1derm00
02-19-2010, 04:24 PM
When Dwyane Wade won his NBA championship, people considered his Finals performance one of the best ever. They considered him in the NBA elite with Kobe and Lebron. The hate came then. He was hated on for phantom fouls, hated on for the face he makes when things don't go his way (sour grapes wade was his nickname for a bit wasn't it?), and he was hated on when he hurt his shoulder and was crying. The success wore off, he's much less hated on but he's also not considered near Kobe and Lebron's level anymore.

KG got traded to the Celtics and won the championship. All of a sudden he was under a microscope. His habits of being intense became scrutinized. People all of a sudden noticed he likes to pick on smaller players and set illegal screens. The hate on KG has died down a bit now that the Celtics aren't the powerhouse they once were.

For what seemed like forever, Kobe seemed like the most hated Superstar in the league. These are the years when Kobe was unanimously considered the best player in the world. The strange thing is, it seems like after Kobe won his fourth championship, people decided to tone down the hate and are starting to love him. Kobe isn't considered unanimously the best anymore and he shouldn't be, with Lebron putting up the numbers he's putting up.

Now, Lebron is being hated on for his unsportsmanlike conduct when he's both winning and losing. He is putting up some of the best numbers we've ever seen in the league. When you can't hate his game, you hate on his other traits. This was much the same for Kobe: couldn't hate on his game, so people hated on his personality. This is also true for MJ after he retired: you can't really hate on the G.O.A.T.'s game, you hate on his personality.

DLeeicious
02-19-2010, 04:30 PM
When Dwyane Wade won his NBA championship, people considered his Finals performance one of the best ever. They considered him in the NBA elite with Kobe and Lebron. The hate came then. He was hated on for phantom fouls, hated on for the face he makes when things don't go his way (sour grapes wade was his nickname for a bit wasn't it?), and he was hated on when he hurt his shoulder and was crying. The success wore off, he's much less hated on but he's also not considered near Kobe and Lebron's level anymore.

KG got traded to the Celtics and won the championship. All of a sudden he was under a microscope. His habits of being intense became scrutinized. People all of a sudden noticed he likes to pick on smaller players and set illegal screens. The hate on KG has died down a bit now that the Celtics aren't the powerhouse they once were.

For what seemed like forever, Kobe seemed like the most hated Superstar in the league. These are the years when Kobe was unanimously considered the best player in the world. The strange thing is, it seems like after Kobe won his fourth championship, people decided to tone down the hate and are starting to love him. Kobe isn't considered unanimously the best anymore and he shouldn't be, with Lebron putting up the numbers he's putting up.

Now, Lebron is being hated on for his unsportsmanlike conduct when he's both winning and losing. He is putting up some of the best numbers we've ever seen in the league. When you can't hate his game, you hate on his other traits. This was much the same for Kobe: couldn't hate on his game, so people hated on his personality. This is also true for MJ after he retired: you can't really hate on the G.O.A.T.'s game, you hate on his personality.

I'm gonna disagree with a few things there. Wade and Kobe have always been liked around the league despite a small population of the haters of their success. I can speak from experience that I love both those guys.

KG is hated because he acts in such a damn ridiculous manner at all times. Maybe winning a title made people hate him more but I doubt it. He probably just got that much more annoying when he joined a winning team.

Lebron isn't hated because he is great, NO ONE doubts how good he is, he is hated again for the way he acts. There are plenty of unsuccessful players in the league that are hated because of the way they act as well.

philab
02-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm gonna disagree with a few things there. Wade and Kobe have always been liked around the league despite a small population of the haters of their success. I can speak from experience that I love both those guys.

KG is hated because he acts in such a damn ridiculous manner at all times. Maybe winning a title made people hate him more but I doubt it. He probably just got that much more annoying when he joined a winning team.

Lebron isn't hated because he is great, NO ONE doubts how good he is, he is hated again for the way he acts. There are plenty of unsuccessful players in the league that are hated because of the way they act as well.

God forbid someone have fun while they're playing a sport for millions of dollars.

And you know that your post just plays right into his point, right?

ldc62
02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Who cares? Every player is hated...

ChiSox219
02-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Kobe was never the best player in the world.

The Knicks are hated and they have sucked for years.

NickyNick
02-19-2010, 04:55 PM
God forbid someone have fun while they're playing a sport for millions of dollars.

exactly....and hes a bulls fan so he is still butt hurt about the playoffs

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-19-2010, 05:03 PM
who hated on jordans personality? :\

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-19-2010, 05:08 PM

chammilionaire :D

sep11ie
02-19-2010, 05:27 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself!:clap::clap:

DLeeicious
02-19-2010, 05:44 PM

Explain to me how my post plays right into his point that makes no sense whatsoever. And for **** sake obviously people can have fun while they play Lebron has this arrogant attitude at ALL times on and off the court that people flat out don't like.

exactly....and hes a bulls fan so he is still butt hurt about the playoffs

Uhhh the Bulls weren't expected to do anything last year in the playoffs...I was ecstatic with a 7 game first round series. Far from butt hurt, in fact the exact opposite my butt was feeling great after that series.

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Having fun and acting like an idiot are two different things.

Lebron is hated like he is because he has no respect outside of the arena to back up how he acts during the games. Shaq pulled the same kind of crap throughout his career, but people knew that he was big in the community, cared about the game, and truly cared about winning.

Bronbron has a long way to go to get any form of respect back in a lot of people's eyes.

TheKing23
02-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Lebron is hated like he is because he has no respect outside of the arena to back up how he acts during the games. Shaq pulled the same kind of crap throughout his career, but people knew that he was big in the community, cared about the game, and truly cared about winning.

Bronbron has a long way to go to get any form of respect back in a lot of people's eyes.

He isn't acting like an idiot... Arenas acted like an idiot, there's a difference.

LeBron has swagger... You don't want him dancing? Don't let him score on you...

JNA17
02-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Kobe was never the best player in the world

You know i recently looked up the word "hater" in the dictionary, and i saw your picture next to it. Why?

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 06:14 PM
He isn't acting like an idiot... Arenas acted like an idiot, there's a difference.

Yeah, because he only dances when he scores.... do you watch any TV?

I was at the Raps home opener this year, and LeDouche was dancing on the court during a timeout while the rest of the team was in the huddle, and yes... they lost the game.

And I don't recall the real greats of the game dancing like assclowns.

avrpatsfan
02-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Love your sig

Raps18-19 Champ
02-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Everyone's got a hater.

soonabooma
02-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Lebron has become the high commander/president/grand wizard/captain/big cheese......of HIGH/LOW for a superstar. When he's winning, which is quite often, everything is great...he's like an obnoxious little kid. But when it doesn't go his way, he acts like a little turd. Did you see his face after he missed that final shot? WHO does that? Seriously, this dude is missing so much that MJ had. As far as basketball skills go, he's very special. But this walking off the court crying crap is getting real old. There's nothing wrong with being competitive and wanting to win, but he should show his opponents the same respect they show him, even after a tough loss. He has that big smile on his face quite often, becuz his team wins alot of game, but we always seem to get a glimpse of his immaturity at some point. It's pretty sad.:puke:

wileyisTOFU
02-19-2010, 06:29 PM

the knicks are more like your one cousin who never went to college and smokes to much dope

JNA17
02-19-2010, 06:42 PM
the knicks are more like your one cousin who never went to college and smokes to much dope

:laugh: mind if i sig that?

wileyisTOFU
02-19-2010, 07:06 PM
yeah be my guest

bchissie
02-19-2010, 07:24 PM

hater :facepalm:

ldc62
02-19-2010, 07:57 PM

Why is he dancing? Last time I checked, Brick hasn't gotten a ring yet.

TheKing23
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Oh sorry, I must've missed the rule that you have to have a ring before you can enjoy yourself on the basketball court...

td0tsfinest
02-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Who cares? Every player is hated...

That's the perfect quote for all these types of threads.

mikantsass
02-19-2010, 09:42 PM

Wrong; people hated Kobe because he was cocky, selfish, and fake. And this was during the time where he cheated on his wife with a 19yo girl and was accused of rape. He also demanded a trade from LA, and publically bashed the whole Laker organization like the spoiled little punk he is. He is the type of player that needs all the attention and needs the spotlight on him at all times. He'd rather look good and lose then look bad and win. That is why Kobe is hated, not because he is the best in the NBA. And for the record, HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA (when he is healthy, not these past few months)

_KB24_
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM

April Fools is still over a month away, but I'll join the fun.

You clearly know what you talking about...........

..APRIL FOOLS! :rolleyes:

philab
02-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Explain to me how my post plays right into his point that makes no sense whatsoever. And for **** sake obviously people can have fun while they play Lebron has this arrogant attitude at ALL times on and off the court that people flat out don't like.

Run-on. Run-on.

You arguably "hated" on LeBron. The OP wrote an entire post, even titling the thread, about how the best get "hated."

Hence, you played right into his post.

philab
02-19-2010, 11:56 PM

This is good stuff. Let's run through it:

The OP's knock -- and frankly, the only knock anyone has based on actual facts -- is that LeBron acts like a fool with his rapping, dancing, etc.

I offer that there's a difference between acting like a fool and having fun when you're paid millions to pay a sport.

You pretend to be addressing the point, but then you switch it up to LeBron's off-the-court activities. Keep in mind that this was never previously discussed. Then you make some strange analogy to Shaq but differentiate Shaq and LeBron with some comment about Shaq's philanthropic work.

Now I'll even try to help you out here:

To have any sort of point whatsoever and not just look like a complete idiot, here's the million-dollar question . . .

Do you have any knowledge of LeBron's philanthropic activities? Like ANY at all? And if you do, could you please tell me what this has to do with anything and how he is lacking in his philanthropy?

It was a strange move to pigeonhole your argument to something you probably know nothing about, but I'll give you a chance. So good luck.

IAmKira
02-20-2010, 12:01 AM
You know i recently looked up the word "hater" in the dictionary, and i saw your picture next to it. Why?

LOL!! Bravo!! Well said :clap::clap:

JiffyMix88
02-20-2010, 12:03 AM

dont call him brick or the guy with five favorite teams will come in here and force you to believe the total opposite of that

OG "Dee" LOCc
02-20-2010, 12:03 AM
This is good stuff. Let's run through it:

The OP's knock -- and frankly, the only knock anyone has based on actual facts -- is that LeBron acts like a fool with his rapping, dancing, etc.

I offer that there's a difference between acting like a fool and having fun when you're paid millions to pay a sport.

You pretend to be addressing the point, but then you switch it up to LeBron's off-the-court activities. Keep in mind that this was never previously discussed. Then you make some strange analogy to Shaq but differentiate Shaq and LeBron with some comment about Shaq's philanthropic work.

Now I'll even try to help you out here:

To have any sort of point whatsoever and not just look like a complete idiot, here's the million-dollar question . . .

Do you have any knowledge of LeBron's philanthropic activities? Like ANY at all? And if you do, could you please tell me what this has to do with anything and how he is lacking in his philanthropy?

It was a strange move to pigeonhole your argument to something you probably know nothing about, but I'll give you a chance. So good luck.

:p This guy is so smart

I'll simply pull this out by googling "Lebron James work in the community"

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/community/lbj_community_assist_award_060712.html

NEW YORK, July 12, 2006 – In recognition of LeBron James’ outstanding efforts in the community, and for his on-going philanthropic work, the NBA announced today it has honored the Cavaliers’ All-Star forward with the Community Assist Award for the month of June.