PDA

View Full Version : Thought regarding Summer of 2010

MGB
02-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I was thinking about this earlier and the more I think about it, the more I think it could be possible...

Wouldn't it make sense for guys like LeBron, Wade, or Bosh to sign a 3 or 4 year contract for max money? That way they wouldn't be tied in to one team for a long *** time just in case that team fails to succeed in their presence.

Most importantly, this type of scenario would allow them to hit free agency for a second time in their prime AND after having 10 years of NBA service under their belt, which would significantly raise their 1st year maximum salary!

This scenario would allow them the opportunity to sign a 6 or 7 year contract for an even higher amount of max money at the age of around 28 or 29. I know the economy is at a low point right now and the CBA may change $$ amounts and the salary cap, but 3-4 years from now, who knows what the economy will be like and the cap could be even higher. Sure it's a gamble, but at the very least, they'd still be able to score another big time contract in their prime.