PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyones Favorite Athlete Lebron James?

Eagles Year!!!!
02-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I love this guy he has a swagger that i dont see in anyone else and not a cockiness but a confidence. From the very beginning he has had the weight of the team on his shoulders and has never had any controversy (yet) as Kobe did when he was about LJ23s age. He looks to just have a great time on the court, which sometimes you may not see in sports. Im hopin he wins at least 5 championships because apparently now adays that is what makes players great, (ala Manning) and it would shut people up. I also DO NOT want to see him in a Knicks jersey i think he would look like an idiot lol

G-Funk
02-19-2010, 11:42 AM
:clap:

cheezinmypocket
02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I love this guy he has a swagger that i dont see in anyone else and not a cockiness but a confidence. From the very beginning he has had the weight of the team on his shoulders and has never had any controversy (yet) as Kobe did when he was about LJ23s age. He looks to just have a great time on the court, which sometimes you may not see in sports. Im hopin he wins at least 5 championships because apparently now adays that is what makes players great, (ala Manning) and it would shut people up. I also DO NOT want to see him in a Knicks jersey i think he would look like an idiot lol

You're right... dancing during blowouts is just being confident not being a cocky douche at all. Maybe he should get a ring or two before dancing like a punk.:facepalm:

Bucsfan
02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
no cockiness? are you kidding me? i respect him as a athlete but is a straight up ******* and at times shows little flashes of bad sportsmanship

sintaks12
02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
You're right... dancing during blowouts is just being confident not being a cocky douche at all. Maybe he should get a ring or two before dancing like a punk.:facepalm:

Amen. And did you see his quote after Melo hit the winning shot last night? Basically he said "I'm so used to hitting those so I know what it's like." Lebron=Douche.

RaiderLakersA's
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
From the very beginning he has had the weight of the team on his shoulders and has never had any controversy (yet) as Kobe did when he was about LJ23s age.

You see what you're doing? That's right, you're setting LeBron up on a moral pedestal the way all great athletes are set on a moral pedestal. If LeBron doesn't have any "scandals" it's because the media isn't reporting them...the same way no one reported Jordan's scandals. Today we have Tiger Woods speaking on his scandal...funny how the paparrazi missed all of those booty calls that he went on with alledgedly a dozen or so women. Maybe more.

In this country we build them up just to tear them down. Even LeBron has his skeleton bones in the closet, I'm sure. Give it time, my friend, give it time.

Slim755
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
To answer your question...the entire city of Cleveland, probably all of Ohio. Im from Philly and a Sixer fan, but he might be my favorite too since the Sixers don't give me a while lot of options haha

Mrphilly
02-19-2010, 12:31 PM

So according to you, he needs 2 rings and the game has to be close fot Lebron to dance? He has to win a championship before he can have fun on the court? How dumb do you sound. "Lebron is enjoying himself and he doesn't even have a ring".

Lebron is an entertainer on the court. Either you enjoy the entertainment or go back to your boring stamp collecting life.

mikantsass
02-19-2010, 12:32 PM
The only superstar in the NBA from the past 25 years that wasnt cocky was Tim Duncan.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-19-2010, 12:32 PM

dont hate me, but im going to tear this up. and u dispute me but a lot of people will back me on these points.

1. Swagger? u mean the type of Swagga that comes with being able to hit every shot at the end of a game to win the game the way Melo did in his grill last night and in Lebron's house. More like a fake front. If he had swagga, he wouldnt be too affraid to lose the dunk contest.

2. cockiness is talking like your the best ever and your not even close. Confidence is playing like the man and finishing the job. he dances around and taunts in a blow out and chokes in a close game despite the fact if u so much as touch him (the way melo barely grazed him on that foul late in the game), he will get the call. he storms off the court like a 4 year old who didnt get ice cream when he loses. he even got pissed that his "friend" Wade won All Star MVP.

3. yes il agree he does have tons of pressure on him and he IS the team. Partly due to his lack of trust in his teammates and his teammates cowering in the corner.

4. If u dont think Lebron cheats on his wife, you are wishing for a better world of honest men. I love my celtics, but i have no doubt they all cheat on their wives with other women. if your refering to kobe in colorado. its none of our business.

5. Do NOT ever diminish the value of a championship to a player's rank. thats just foolish.

if he is your favorite, thats cool. love him for his talent, his dunks, his passes and his game. but his personality is of the worst of the famous people.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-19-2010, 12:35 PM
You see what you're doing? That's right, you're setting LeBron up on a moral pedestal the way all great athletes are set on a moral pedestal. If LeBron doesn't have any "scandals" it's because the media isn't reporting them...the same way no one reported Jordan's scandals. Today we have Tiger Woods speaking on his scandal...funny how the paparrazi missed all of those booty calls that he went on with alledgedly a dozen or so women. Maybe more.

In this country we build them up just to tear them down. Even LeBron has his skeleton bones in the closet, I'm sure. Give it time, my friend, give it time.

yes sir. solid statement and it is the absolute truth.

Double_R
02-19-2010, 12:39 PM
dont hate me, but im going to tear this up. and u dispute me but a lot of people will back me on these points.

1. Swagger? u mean the type of Swagga that comes with being able to hit every shot at the end of a game to win the game the way Melo did in his grill last night and in Lebron's house. More like a fake front. If he had swagga, he wouldnt be too affraid to lose the dunk contest.

2. cockiness is talking like your the best ever and your not even close. Confidence is playing like the man and finishing the job. he dances around and taunts in a blow out and chokes in a close game despite the fact if u so much as touch him (the way melo barely grazed him on that foul late in the game), he will get the call. he storms off the court like a 4 year old who didnt get ice cream when he loses. he even got pissed that his "friend" Wade won All Star MVP.

3. yes il agree he does have tons of pressure on him and he IS the team. Partly due to his lack of trust in his teammates and his teammates cowering in the corner.

4. If u dont think Lebron cheats on his wife, you are wishing for a better world of honest men. I love my celtics, but i have no doubt they all cheat with other women. if your refering to kobe in colorado. its none of our business.

5. Do NOT ever diminish the value of a championship to a player's rank. thats just foolish.

if he is your favorite, thats cool. love him for his talent, his dunks, his passes and his game. but his personality is of the worst of the famous people.

Touche!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Damn ppl hella hate lebron....

tedthewalrus
02-19-2010, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=BTownTeamsRKing;12359382]

i agree, he needs to man up and respect the team that beat him, shake their hands and look on to the next game

JasonJohnHorn
02-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I gotta say, I have a lot of fun watching him play. I caught the second half of the Orlando game, and especially the fouth quarter, that guy was just putting on a clinic! He was a lot fo fun to watch.

Its still a toss up for me: Duncan or James. James, as an individual is more fun to watch, but I prefer watching the Spurs play (when they were playing well, which this season hasn't been as often). I love those extra passes and watchign the corner three go down, or seeing som guy actually give Duncan more than half a foot 18 feet out and just have him bank it home on him. But James? His game is just sick. He really stuffs the stat sheet, has the sweet twist-and-turn fade away, and when you gaurd him tight up on the three-line he just takes you to the basket and slams it home.

thegreatone89
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
lol, once he looses his athletism everyone will see how average of a baller he is

clutchski
02-19-2010, 01:50 PM
He's my favourite athlete, probably not my favourite professional though. He played for the Cleveland Browns at one point you know.

IndyRealist
02-19-2010, 01:52 PM
It's hard not to have a big head when you were anointed "King James" before you had stepped foot on an NBA court. When he walked out during the Conference Finals against the Magic last year, he showed everyone he's a sore loser in addition to being a sore winner. When he pulled out of the dunk contest after saying he'd do it, he showed everyone that his confidence isn't as untouchable as he wants us to believe. This incidents are far more indicative of his personality that any scripted "goofing" that occurs during pregame or blowouts. And as for controversy, isn't he holding an entire state ransom with his "I don't want to talk about free agency until the offseason"?

And to cap it all off, two words.
Crab dribble.

DLeeicious
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
He really does show his age an awful lot on the court, maybe in time he will learn how to act to gain respect for more than just the way he plays.

Bucsfan
02-19-2010, 03:15 PM
The only superstar in the NBA from the past 25 years that wasnt cocky was Tim Duncan.

your way off on this one, there are tons of nba stars that are humble and not cocky...why dont we start with john stockton for starters?

montazingmvp
02-19-2010, 03:26 PM
my favorite athlete is wayne rooney...

the guy is a beast on the field...could tear through any defense...not only is a he a striker but he's one of the best defenders in the world too...that is very rare, IN ANY SPORT...

the guy never stops running, he's like a machine...

on the field he's a pit bull ready kill (no joke), off the field he's a soft spoken, humble guy.

on top of that he's a fantastic athlete...he's got the speed and bulk that comes around very rarely. he could kick the crap out of anyone...was a highly regarded boxer at the age of 15, at which point he was told to quit by his soccer coach...he's friends with mike tyson, because mike tyson has said that he's sees a little bit of himself in rooney..

and my favorite part of all about him...while he was playing with ronaldo, he let ronaldo get all the spot light with the goals etc...so people doubted rooney...but now ronaldo and tevez are gone and he's stepped into their places, and done better than them...leading manu by himself to the top of the league

that is the ultimate teammate letting other players outshine him for the better of the team...

now he's regarded as one of the top 5 players in the world in a much bigger sport than basketball, with more people competing for that roster spot.

not many people are that familiar with him here in the states but he is a very unique athlete.

unlike lebron he doesn't need to tote his own horn...he just goes about him business in a similar regard to lebron on the court, without being a douche off the court/field...

ko8e24
02-19-2010, 03:28 PM
LeBron > God, Budda, Jesus, Muhammad, Adam, Noah, Moses, and Mike James

HoopsDrive
02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
LeBron > God, Budda, Jesus, Muhammad, Adam, Noah, Moses, and Mike James

Wrong.

Mike James > The Big Bang

Therefore, Mike James > LBJ, God, Buddha, etc.

sp1derm00
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM

Dwight Howard doesn't come off as cocky to me at ALL.

He might call himself Superman, but it's all in fun and games. When Shaq got mad at him for taking the Superman name, Dwight said that Shaq can have the name back and he'd rather learn from Shaq than have the name.

magichatnumber9
02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
You're right... dancing during blowouts is just being confident not being a cocky douche at all. Maybe he should get a ring or two before dancing like a punk.:facepalm:So KG who just won a championship acts like a jerk to a couple Euro players and he is branded a douche. Lebron last season took his team on dance dance revolution tour 3/4's of a season and it wasn't until the media called him out after Orlando knocked them out of the playoffs that people started to complain. Bad sportsmanship is bad sportsmanship regardless of what you have accomplished in your career. Now regarding the topic, I might not approve of some of Lebron's on court antics but he is one of the best basketball players I have ever seen. He seems like a great dad. Not sure why he is tatted up like a biker but that's his prerogative.

magichatnumber9
02-19-2010, 04:02 PM
He really does show his age an awful lot on the court, maybe in time he will learn how to act to gain respect for more than just the way he plays.Lebron was more mature when he first entered the league. Go figure

Boozerguy47
02-19-2010, 04:14 PM
no cockiness? are you kidding me? i respect him as a athlete but is a straight up ******* and at times shows little flashes of bad sportsmanship

I agree. I can't stand watching or listening to him. He simply loves himself and talks about how great he is.

jim51990
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
lebron is my favorite nba player hes not a head of tom brady thou for me but hes right up their great player great teammate
and honestly i love that he doesnt shack hands thats on of my favorite things about him

mp3
02-19-2010, 04:19 PM
lebron James has a tattoo on his back that says "chosen one" what a loser. i love watching this guy choke when it matters. just like last night when he went 0 for 3 on the on the last 2 chances.

all hail queen james :facepalm::facepalm:

Sadds The Gr8
02-19-2010, 04:26 PM
He's probably my favourite athlete to watch in sports right now, but not my favourite athlete (That's between Bosh and Manning). He's such a sick player, and is so dominant. Some stuff about him may piss people off, like the fact that he backed out of the Dunk contest after promising to compete in it. But honestly I don't get all the hate for Lebron...this guy is easily the most exciting player to watch in the NBA. From highlight dunks, to sick passes, to Backboard pinning blocks, to ridiculously long 3 pt shots from almost half court, he has it all. I think it's just rival teams afraid to face him, so their fans just talk a whole bunch of **** about him.