PDA

View Full Version : Has Perkins surpassed Garnett?

shep33
02-19-2010, 02:58 AM
Is he the best post player on the Celtics now, or big man for that matter. Perkins is vastly underrated, great defender, and the guy is just a beast when he goes up strong. KG has had a great career, but man he's not looking like he use to. Most games he just gets stuck shooting that jumpshot from 18-20 feet. I remember when this guy had some pretty nice moves down low, even his little turn around. Just doesn't seems like he plays with his back to the basket anymore. What do you guys think? Is he the best big on Boston now??

GoatMilk
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
no, but i get your point

Garnett has really aged.

Ragun
02-19-2010, 03:04 AM
i think perkins is one of the best post players in the NBA because he is so efficient down low. he rarely misses when he posts up. he is big and strong and he just posts you up till he is within 5 feet from the basket and then he does a small hook shot. bam.

magichatnumber9
02-19-2010, 03:07 AM
From what I heard the whole team is under conditioned. This is the time where Doc is gonna start increasing practices and get the team ready for the playoffs. Kevin's injury looks so much worse because he is actually under worked/conditioned.

Duncan = Donkey
02-19-2010, 03:07 AM
I dont know if he's surpassed him, but man Garnett is looking old and banged up these days

Ragun
02-19-2010, 03:12 AM
From what I heard the whole team is under conditioned. This is the time where Doc is gonna start increasing practices and get the team ready for the playoffs. Kevin's injury looks so much worse because he is actually under worked/conditioned.

I dont know if he's surpassed him, but man Garnett is looking old and banged up these days

no way. garnett is the most conditioned big in the league. look at him...the guy is like 34 but he still plays like he is 20 something. have you guys seen is work out plan? its ****ing crazy. he is definitely conditioned.

thats like saying kobe is not conditioned because he has injuries.

Duncan = Donkey
02-19-2010, 03:17 AM
he plays like he is 20 something???? lol. no way

he looks old out on the court, when he was 20 something he was a beast, not anymore

shep33
02-19-2010, 03:20 AM
I just think Perk is much more consistent, and really he's in pretty good shape compared to the last few years.

Ragun
02-19-2010, 03:28 AM
he plays like he is 20 something???? lol. no way

he looks old out on the court, when he was 20 something he was a beast, not anymore

my point is he is still a great athlete. the man is 34 years old. he can still play basketball for a long time if he can stay healthy.

Duncan = Donkey
02-19-2010, 03:30 AM
i know he is still a good player, all im saying is that it looks like he has regressesd alot in just one year

kEviN21
02-19-2010, 03:35 AM
my point is he is still a great athlete. the man is 34 years old. he can still play basketball for a long time if he can stay healthy.

At this rate he is more of a liability.

Ragun
02-19-2010, 03:40 AM
At this rate he is more of a liability.

not if he stays healthy.

kEviN21
02-19-2010, 03:42 AM
Not being able to hit an open jump shot has nothing to do with health. He really is just getting old. He isn't Brett Favre lol he's playing more like Kerry Collins.

Hellcrooner
02-19-2010, 03:49 AM
thats what happens when you get into the league right after high school and have much more miles in your odometer than you should have.

Lakers should HEAVILY think about this before signing a stupid 5 years max contract to Kobe.

stawka
02-19-2010, 03:53 AM
I actually feel sorry for KG. I don't mind career's going downhill because of age, but not injuries - KG's went downhill because of the knee injury. As much as some of you guys don't like him, it's sad to see someone with such passion go downhill.

With that said, I think Perkins is a better player at the moment. Hopefully KG recovers but I really see him down and out.

Ragun
02-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Not being able to hit an open jump shot has nothing to do with health. He really is just getting old. He isn't Brett Favre lol he's playing more like Kerry Collins.

yes it does. he doesnt have his knees in his shot. KG has a great mid range shot.

69centers
02-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Garnett definitely stepped it up against the Lakers last night. He was moving and jumping the best I've seen him since returning from injury. Don't count the Ticket out yet, as he keeps mentioning being patient, and I think he's going to save it for the playoffs. He's doing what veterans should do. Cruise through the regular season, and step it up for the playoffs.

The Spurs always looked sluggish and weak in the regular seasons of the years they won championships, and would pour it on in the playoffs. Don't count the Celtics or KG out just yet.

JasonJohnHorn
02-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm down with the fact that you wanna show some love to Perkins, he's developed into a solid player, but he still isn't a double-digit rebounder yet, and though Garnett is having a slow year so far, he still has better range, they are about equal on boards, but Garnett is the better passer, scorer and has more range in his defence (he can step out to the perimeter to defend and Perkins' comforzone in still in the post defensively and offenseively).

Perkins is a great weapon to have to put a big body on guys like Howard, Shaq and Bynum, but he isn't on a par with any of those guys offensively, defensively or on the boards.

Garnett is slipping, coming back from injury, but he still a better all-around player even if their numbers are closer this season than they have been in seasons past.

RadiantShot
02-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I'd go to Kevin Garnett at the end of the game for a post-play over Perk anyday of the week.

avrpatsfan
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Garnett definitely stepped it up against the Lakers last night. He was moving and jumping the best I've seen him since returning from injury. Don't count the Ticket out yet, as he keeps mentioning being patient, and I think he's going to save it for the playoffs. He's doing what veterans should do. Cruise through the regular season, and step it up for the playoffs.

The Spurs always looked sluggish and weak in the regular seasons of the years they won championships, and would pour it on in the playoffs. Don't count the Celtics or KG out just yet.

This

Baseball123456
02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Although, I 100% agree Perk is underrated, I still think Garnett is better. Garnett really hasn't been at 100% all year, and it obvious he is limping occasionally down the court. We havent seen 100% KG since before the major knee injury. At this time i still think a healthy KG can be more efficient, even with his age, but only time will tell.

But right now Perk is more efficient

mikantsass
02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Is he the best post player on the Celtics now, or big man for that matter. Perkins is vastly underrated, great defender, and the guy is just a beast when he goes up strong. KG has had a great career, but man he's not looking like he use to. Most games he just gets stuck shooting that jumpshot from 18-20 feet. I remember when this guy had some pretty nice moves down low, even his little turn around. Just doesn't seems like he plays with his back to the basket anymore. What do you guys think? Is he the best big on Boston now??

Offensively, No. Defensively, Yes. Perkins is a beast. He is physical and tough and has been great defensively. Other teams bigs are definitely intimidated by him down on the block.

His offense has improved greatly, but he still is average at best on that end of the floor.

sep11ie
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I actually feel sorry for KG. I don't mind career's going downhill because of age, but not injuries - KG's went downhill because of the knee injury. As much as some of you guys don't like him, it's sad to see someone with such passion go downhill.

With that said, I think Perkins is a better player at the moment. Hopefully KG recovers but I really see him down and out.

KG is one guy I'd never feel sorry for. He's arrogant prick, glad to see him go down hill.

Sportfan
02-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Perkins needs stamina and will become one of the best centers in the league. His stats aren't sexy but his minutes are in the 20's. I remember looking up his per 36 numbers and it wasike 15/12. Not to mention he's a great defender and like 6th option. He made a big mistake not going to college and building up his stamina and fatigue.

ChongInc.
02-19-2010, 01:25 PM
He is the new Ben Wallace.

unwantedplayer
02-19-2010, 01:30 PM
KG is one guy I'd never feel sorry for. He's arrogant prick, glad to see him go down hill.

smh

Raph12
02-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Easily Perk, he is the most physical big man in the game, he bodies up anyone without concern. He's physical, mean, arrogant and just an angry looking guy and after playing with KG, he's a better defensive player as well. Perk is the ideal guy you want going one-on-one with the other teams low post player (guarding guys like Dwight, Shaq, Bynum, Duncan, Nene etc...).

KG is better for the high post (guarding guys like Dirk, Pau, Bosh, JO, Noah, etc...).