PDA

View Full Version : What teams are looking for cap space in 2011?

Rockets Fanatic
02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
idk, ive heard the Bucks but thats it

Duncan = Donkey
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Phoenix will most likely have some chas to spend...........Only Nash has deal that runs past 2011. Earl Clark and Robin Lopez as well, but they are on rookie deals.

Duncan = Donkey
02-18-2010, 11:25 PM
I think Barbosa's deal does as well actually

Wilson
02-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Who's set to be a free agent in 2011? Whoever is, I don't expect to see nearly as much hype for that off-season as we have for 2010. It will be a long time before we see this kind of excitement for an off-season again...

drama1386
02-18-2010, 11:31 PM
the bucks are one of those teams looking to sign a free agent in 2011. redd's contract will be off the books. so will gadzuric's & salmons.

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Who's set to be a free agent in 2011? Whoever is, I don't expect to see nearly as much hype for that off-season as we have for 2010. It will be a long time before we see this kind of excitement for an off-season again...

Jamal Crawford
Dirk Nowitzki
Caron Butler
JR Smith
Shane Battier
Troy Murphy
Zach Randolph
Jason Richardson
Tony Parker
Andrei Kirilenko

There are some big name RFA's like Durant, Horford, and Noah but I think all of them will get extended this summer or match offer sheets. Carmelo could also be a free agent if he opts out but even if he does, he isn't leaving Denver.

Wilson
02-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Jamal Crawford
Dirk Nowitzki
Caron Butler
JR Smith
Shane Battier
Troy Murphy
Zach Randolph
Jason Richardson
Tony Parker
Andrei Kirilenko

There are some big name RFA's like Durant, Horford, and Noah but I think all of them will get extended this summer or match offer sheets. Carmelo could also be a free agent if he opts out but even if he does, he isn't leaving Denver.

Yeah it would be a major gaffe by the front office involved if guys like Durant, Horford or Noah weren't retained.

If Denver don't retain him, JR Smith could create a lot of attention. He'll still be only 25 years old. Besides that it looks like there will be a lot of really nice veterans who championship contenders will probably be looking at.

pd7631
02-18-2010, 11:46 PM
The Sixers have roughly $18 mil coming off in 2011(Dalembert, Kapono, Green)....and if things aren't looking up for this franchise by the trade deadline next year, I fully expect Iggy to be traded for some expirings.

There's essentially 2 options for the Sixers after this season:

1.) Trade the expirings of Dalembert, Green, and Kapono for a player or some players that can help the team as currently constructed.

2.) Cut ties with Andre Iguodala and whatever other big contract they can shed for expirings and start from scratch.

29$JerZ
02-18-2010, 11:47 PM
May surprise you but the Knick's as well
If 2010 fails we may get a lower pick from the Houston Swap but we have Eddy's 11 million expiring to dangle.

pd7631
02-18-2010, 11:50 PM
May surprise you but the Knick's as well
If 2010 fails we may get a lower pick from the Houston Swap but we have Eddy's 11 million expiring to dangle.

Wouldn't that be fun for Knick fans lol

They've spent what seems like 10 years building up to this offseason, and to think of it falling through would be hilarious(sorry).

jimbobjarree
02-18-2010, 11:59 PM
AK expires so I think we'll have some cap. It all depends if we sign and trade Boozer and bring back a long term deal