PDA

View Full Version : 2/21/10- Auto Club 500

homestarunner93
02-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Auto Club 500

http://www.churchofcowherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fontana-raceway-empty-seats.jpg

AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
FONTANA, CALIFORNIA

Time: 3 PM EST
TV: FOX

Favorite To Win: Jimmie Johnson
http://www.ducksters.com/sports/jimmie_johnson.jpg

Homestarunner93's Pick: Dale Earnhardt Jr.
http://image.automotive.com/f/eventcoverage/9472788+pheader/scrp_0802w_01_z+daytona_150_duel_coverage+dale_ear nhardt_jr.jpg

MarkieMark48
02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Here are some interesting facts

Since May 7th 2006 (135 points paying races)

Drivers that have won more races than Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Jimmie Johnson
Jeff Gordon
Mark Martin
Kyle Busch
Tony Stewart
Carl Edwards
Kasey Kahne
Greg Biffle
Matt Kenseth
Brian Vickers
Jamie McMurrary
Kevin Harvick
Kurt Busch
Denny Hamlin
Clint Bowyer
Jeff Burton

Drivers with the same amount of wins as Dale Earnhardt Jr

Casey Mears
Juan Pablo Montoya
Brad Keselowski
Joey Logano
David Reutimann
Ryan Newman
Martin Truex Jr.

Drivers that have competed in all 135 races since May 7th 2006 that have fewer wins than Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Elliott Sadler
Bobby Labonte

Driven
02-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Here are some interesting facts

Since May 7th 2006 (135 points paying races)

Drivers that have won more races than Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Jimmie Johnson
Jeff Gordon
Mark Martin
Kyle Busch
Tony Stewart
Carl Edwards
Kasey Kahne
Greg Biffle
Matt Kenseth
Brian Vickers
Jamie McMurrary
Kevin Harvick
Kurt Busch
Denny Hamlin
Clint Bowyer
Jeff Burton

Drivers with the same amount of wins as Dale Earnhardt Jr

Casey Mears
Juan Pablo Montoya
Brad Keselowski
Joey Logano
David Reutimann
Ryan Newman
Martin Truex Jr.

Drivers that have competed in all 135 races since May 7th 2006 that have fewer wins than Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Elliott Sadler
Bobby Labonte
What exactly is the point of this completely random post?

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see who continues some momentum into this race and who doesn't. Particularly Earnhardt, McMurray, MWR, and Harvick and Bowyer.

BigdaddyQH
02-19-2010, 05:01 PM
NASCAR cannot get a break. Last week, they have that fiasco with the track in Daytona, that cost them hours worth of delays. This week, the odds are much greater than 50/50 that the race gets rained out.

MarkieMark48
02-19-2010, 06:17 PM

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see who continues some momentum into this race and who doesn't. Particularly Earnhardt, McMurray, MWR, and Harvick and Bowyer.

homes picked him to win this weekend, so it got me thinking about it. And I didnt want to start a whole new thread about it.

warrior63
02-19-2010, 11:14 PM

I think that he was showing how "GREAT" Jr really is/has been:p

Driven
02-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I think that he was showing how "GREAT" Jr really is/has been:p
Which has nothing to do with this thread.

Hope the race doesn't get rained out. This season could turn into a ratings disaster if so.

MarkieMark48
02-20-2010, 11:49 PM

Hope the race doesn't get rained out. This season could turn into a ratings disaster if so.

Sure it does. The person who made the thread picked him to win.

homestarunner93
02-21-2010, 01:42 PM
homes picked him to win this weekend, so it got me thinking about it. And I didnt want to start a whole new thread about it.

He had a very good race last week, and I think he could build on it this week. I doubt Junior even makes the chase this year, but I could see him starting out hot. It would be good for the sport.

ripjhb18
02-21-2010, 05:41 PM

Doesn't look like it will be. Though this track is boring anyway.

MarkieMark48
02-21-2010, 06:13 PM
He had a very good race last week, and I think he could build on it this week. I doubt Junior even makes the chase this year, but I could see him starting out hot. It would be good for the sport.

It was Daytona. Jr is one of the best restrictor plate drivers ever. He will usually run well at Daytona and Talladega, and honestly if it wasnt for the multiple GWC rule that got put into effect last week he would have finished about 15th or so.

Its similar to picking Robby Gordon to win at a track after he scores a top 5 at a road course.

warrior63
02-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Doesn't look like it will be. Though this track is boring anyway.

Amen....The cars got/get to spread out at this track. And nothing really ever happens. Outside of Harvick catching up to Johnson at the end of the race (and man did I want him to pass Johnson, or put him in the wall), the only thing that was of interest during this race was whether it was going to rain or not. :rolleyes:

MarkieMark48
02-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Amen....The cars got/get to spread out at this track. And nothing really ever happens. Outside of Harvick catching up to Johnson at the end of the race (and man did I want him to pass Johnson, or put him in the wall), the only thing that was of interest during this race was whether it was going to rain or not. :rolleyes:

completely disagree.

Driven
02-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Better race than expected. the last 100 laps were pretty good. Johnson gets a break, had a pretty good card, and took the win. Harvick had a shot at the end but blew it. Burton had a real good car as well.

Even though they haven't won, RCR's been pretty dominant so far.

MarkieMark48
02-22-2010, 12:15 AM
I thought the racing was great.. 3-4 wide on the restarts, there was plenty of side-by-side racing.. cars running a bunch of different lines, 26 lead changes, I dont see how anyone could dislike the racing

redsox12
02-23-2010, 04:29 PM
wonder how many people watched the race, probably not many since Jimmie Johnson won.

Nascar ratings are dropping like flies, and it won't be better till Johnson finally loses.

redsox12
02-23-2010, 06:01 PM
btw jr's last win was June 15 2008

MarkieMark48
02-23-2010, 10:31 PM
btw jr's last win was June 15 2008

no kidding. He has 1 win since May 7th 2006.

MarkieMark48
02-23-2010, 10:44 PM
wonder how many people watched the race, probably not many since Jimmie Johnson won.

Nascar ratings are dropping like flies, and it won't be better till Johnson finally loses.

LOL because fans can see into the future and know not to tune in because Jimmie will win.

California TV Ratings down from 2009: The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on FOX earned an overnight rating of 5.0 rating /10 share opposite the Olympics yesterday for racing from Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. That's down -6% compared to last year's 5.3/8 in a later time period.

-Jayski

TV Ratings for Daytona 500 down: The 2010 Daytona 500 earned a fast national rating of 7.7/16 (13.3 million viewers) yesterday for a race that was crippled by two lengthy delays for track repair. Yesterday's 7.7/16 is down -16% compared to last year's 9.2/19 and ranks as the lowest-rated Daytona 500 since 1991’s 7.6/20 on CBS. The two track delays were excluded from the rating - Nielsen treats them similarly to a baseball rain delay - but the delays obviously had a sizable impact on the rating as the race's momentum was twice stopped cold. The two delays combined averaged a 6.5/14, a -16% decline versus the 7.7/16 for live racing.

-Jayski

Jimmie hardly ever ran up front at Daytona and finished 35th, which would classify as a "loss" and ratings were still bad. So try again on your Jimmie Johnson theory. Say what you want, but there is more parity in nascar now than there has ever been. The competition is tougher and there are more cars out there now that could win a race than ever. It just happens that in this same time period that arguably the best driver/team in nascar's history is in the series

Fans ask for earlier start times and then dont tune in to watch..... another example of why Nascar shouldnt listen to fans.

Driven
02-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Those ratings are ****ing awful.

Wonder how many races will get in the 2s this season.

Driven
02-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Say what you want, but there is more parity in nascar now than there has ever been.

Please tell me this is some sort of joke.

warrior63
02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Those ratings are ****ing awful.
Wonder how many races will get in the 2s this season.

And the owners of the track think that they deserve a second race...:crazy:

MarkieMark48
02-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Please tell me this is some sort of joke.

there were 14 different winners in 2009, and that was without guys like Ryan Newman, Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick and Jeff Burton getting a single win. There are more cars out there now that could (and do) contend for a win or a top 5, than there has ever been.

Drivers like Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch not making the chase. RCR didnt even get a car in the chase last year.

To just base the competition level on who won the championship the last 4 years is just plain stupid. Jimmie and the 48 team have done what they did, and are doing what they do in the most competitive time in nascar's history. Thats what makes the achivements they have achived so great.