PDA

View Full Version : Houston was the 11th hour team that tried to nab Amare

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Earlier today it was reported on ESPN news by Marc stein there was another team in serious discussions with the Suns for Amare. in daily dime live Marc Stein confirmed that team was Houston and is posting a link soon. but for right now ill post the link for the daily dime live so you can see where he said it. anyways if they would of added amare to that line up of martin, brooks, scola, ariza which im sure one of those guys would of been included in the deal, but that would of been a real crazy big day for houston.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dimelive-100218/daily-dime-live

actual link for the story and details of the proposed trade

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924306

Kakaroach
02-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Interesting, I'm guessing Scola would have been a piece along with a first.

They love Brooks and Ariza so they wouldn't trade em, so you can see how this deal fell apart.

ldc62
02-18-2010, 09:59 PM
If Morey pulled this off...

Big Quett
02-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Interesting, I'm guessing Scola would have been a piece along with a first.

They love Brooks and Ariza so they wouldn't trade em, so you can see how this deal fell apart.

Brooks i understand but Ariza? For Amare i would think they wouldnt even blink about giving him

astrosmaniac
02-18-2010, 10:10 PM
id do scola, ariza, and a 1st

brooks/martin/battier/amare/hayes (yao next year)

Kakaroach
02-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Brooks i understand but Ariza? For Amare i would think they wouldnt even blink about giving him Well so would I but Ariza signed with the Rockets cuz he felt wanted there and trusted the FO. Then imagine if the turned around and traded him a half season later. Plus, no guarantee Amare would have re-signed.

TEXASTITAN
02-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Battier,scola,cook,multiple draft picks was the framework for houston to get amare says espn......

nyyfan4life
02-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Jordan Hill and the draft picks from the Knicks were probably involved as well as Scola/Ariza, IMO.

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Battier,scola,cook,multiple draft picks was the framework for houston to get amare says espn......

too much for a guy who doesnt play no defense and was not guaranteed to resign.

JordansBulls
02-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Earlier today it was reported on ESPN news by Marc stein there was another team in serious discussions with the Suns for Amare. in daily dime live Marc Stein confirmed that team was Houston and is posting a link soon. but for right now ill post the link for the daily dime live so you can see where he said it. anyways if they would of added amare to that line up of martin, brooks, scola, ariza which im sure one of those guys would of been included in the deal, but that would of been a real crazy big day for houston.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dimelive-100218/daily-dime-live

Houston has a great GM that knows how to get deals done.

Fireworld
02-18-2010, 10:28 PM
I think Houston did very well and maximized what they could get for T-mac.

a sol
02-18-2010, 10:29 PM
id do scola, ariza, and a 1st

brooks/martin/battier/amare/hayes (yao next year)

thats why you're not a gm lol

HoopsDrive
02-18-2010, 10:31 PM
The only drawback is the no guarantee of resigning. A frontcourt of Yao-Amare is pretty scary if you ask me. Yao would anchor that defense and cover some of Amare's mistakes down low and the force on the offensive end would be impressive if Amare could get used to the half-court style the Rockets play.

Brooks-Martin-Battier-Amare-Yao is pretty damn solid but w.e, it didn't happen so let's move on.

NYMetros
02-18-2010, 10:31 PM
That would have really made Houston a contender. I could have seen them moving up into the 5th-7th range in the playoff seeding. It wouldn't make them as good as Denver/LA/Dallas/Utah but probably right outside that group (along with OKC & San Antonio).

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Houston has a great GM that knows how to get deals done.

yea, makes me wish we had a good gm who is willing to take risks.

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
too much for a guy who doesnt play no defense and was not guaranteed to resign.

My thoughts exactly

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
heres the actual link for the story for what stein said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924306

*Superman*
02-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Yao and Amare would equal wow.

dwadefan03
02-18-2010, 10:47 PM
why wouldnt phx do this deal. its better than what both mia and cleveland were offering. luis scola is a good, hustle player along with the expirings and the defensive stopper shane battier? Amare is just going to leave they might as well have gotten something for him

DRE'-MAC
02-18-2010, 10:50 PM
If Phoenix accepts that Houston has...

C: Hayes/Andersen/Armstrong
PF: Amare/Hill
SF: Ariza/Jefferies
SG: Martin/Budinger/Taylor
PG: Brooks/Lowry

Looks good on paper but I'm not sure how the team would work together. Also, lack of depth down low.
If Phoenix also gave up louis amundson and taylor griffin, works better... This wouldve been some crazy *** ****.

astrosmaniac
02-18-2010, 11:04 PM
thats why you're not a gm lol

and why is what i said so stupid? if im the rockets, i jump all over that deal. amare is younger, more athletic, and explosive than scola. ariza is a younger version of battier with a higher ceiling and on a longer contract (which is what i assume they would want) and with amare, the 1st wouldn't be a lotto pick. and what i suggested was based off of what was reportedly the base of the deal the real rockets offered

Verbal Christ
02-19-2010, 12:11 AM
too much for a rental player, amar'e is already dreaming of south beach.

ldc62
02-19-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't want Amar'e for 1 season... Hill gets to prove his value now since Rick will prolly give him some PT (This is still his 1st season, so we don't know what to expect). Amar'e can't play D anyways and is overrated.