PDA

View Full Version : Is this Cavs deal a bigger steal then the Gasol deal?

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 06:42 PM
theres no doubt in my mind that the cavs got a much biggger steal then the lakers did.

number one, the lakers gave up a future and potentially all star power forward in Marc Gasol, and the cavs gave up a first round pick, and will prolly get Z back anyways.

The Cavs also got Sebastian Telfair, who is a boss. Hes a fantastic backup point guard, and now that hell be playing for a team that gets national coverage you all will see that and u haters will shut up.

number two, i really dont think Pau is THAT much better then Twan. Hes better, but not by as much as you close-minded PSD'ers think. Antwan can handle it, can drive from the perimeter to the hole, is prolly the most crafter forward in the game, can shoot the three, stretch the floor, he can guard perimeter players, ect.

the cavs giving up only the 30th pick in the draft and getting an all star power forward and the most skilled backup point guard in the nba is a much much bigger steal

now go ahead and hate

The Jokemaker
02-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Impossible to tell right now. Jamison could get hurt his first game and be done for his career. That wouldn't be a good deal.

Also, have to see who the Wizards get with that 30th pick and what he becomes. Could be the next superstar, never know.

As for the present, both teams got what they needed. Cavs got a versatile 4 who can shoot. Wizards got rid of a veteran with an expensive contract so they save money and can see what they have in the youngsters.

ManRam
02-18-2010, 06:46 PM
It was a great trade for both teams...for that reason alone it's not a steal.

Washington now is finally in full-blown rebuild mode. If they can get ride of Gil...they'll be absolutely golden. They can get down to about 25 million dollars in pay roll after this year. Only the Knicks and Heat(not certain) will have more money to spend. And if they can get rid of Gil, they'll be at like 11M.

Great trade for both teams. Therefore, no, it wasn't a steal. The Cavs were the only team probably who could land him, besides maybe Houston. Everyone else was trying to shed salary, or didn't have the necessary exprirings.

ManRam
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh. And Pau is THAT much better than 'Tawn.

J_M_B
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
it was a great trade for both teams...for that reason alone it's not a steal.

washington now is finally in full-blown rebuild mode. If they can get ride of gil...they'll be absolutely golden. They can get down to about 25 million dollars in pay roll after this year. Only the knicks and heat(not certain) will have more money to spend. And if they can get rid of gil, they'll be at like 11m.

Great trade for both teams. Therefore, no, it wasn't a steal. The cavs were the only team probably who could land him, besides maybe houston. Everyone else was trying to shed salary, or didn't have the necessary exprirings.

+1

Kakaroach
02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
They did get Al Thornton out of it so its not a steal, especially considering the cap relief they are in now.

slack_justin
02-18-2010, 06:51 PM
i would have agreed but the wiz got nothing out of this they could have given him to the pistons (for example) or any other low ranked team and gotten back a much better pick then 31 or 32 in the first rd. everyone thinks saving money means something, but it really doesnt, especially if players dont want to play for your team. supposedly everyteam has cut space for incoming free-agents but there's only so many players to go around most teams lost talent for nothing and just helping other powewrhouses stay that way. B.S.

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 06:53 PM
no no no. im asking which one is a bigger steal. this or last years gasol trade. if you guys are just gunna be like "both teams got what they want" well then last years gasol trade wasnt a steal at alll. if u see it like that then it was a steal for the grizz becuz they got marc gasol and cap room to get there all star power forward Zach Randolph

so answer the question

which was a bigger steal

ManRam
02-18-2010, 06:53 PM
i would have agreed but the wiz got nothing out of this they could have given him to the pistons (for example) or any other low ranked team and gotten back a much better pick then 31 or 32 in the first rd. everyone thinks saving money means something, but it really doesnt, especially if players dont want to play for your team. supposedly everyteam has cut space for incoming free-agents but there's only so many players to go around most teams lost talent for nothing and just helping other powewrhouses stay that way. B.S.

I disagree. Who can the Pistons give them? Some players who can have them in contention for the 8th seed year after year? Sorry, but no GM would ever trade Tawn for whatever the Pistons have to offer. Youth and cap space is so much more valuable than those relatively bad contracts the Pistons have to offer.

Did the Pistons even express interest? Where is this coming from?

This trade>any Pistons trade for the Wizards.

jojoe1188
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
theres no doubt in my mind that the cavs got a much biggger steal then the lakers did.

number one, the lakers gave up a future and potentially all star power forward in Marc Gasol, and the cavs gave up a first round pick, and will prolly get Z back anyways.

The Cavs also got Sebastian Telfair, who is a boss. Hes a fantastic backup point guard, and now that hell be playing for a team that gets national coverage you all will see that and u haters will shut up.

number two, i really dont think Pau is THAT much better then Twan. Hes better, but not by as much as you close-minded PSD'ers think. Antwan can handle it, can drive from the perimeter to the hole, is prolly the most crafter forward in the game, can shoot the three, stretch the floor, he can guard perimeter players, ect.

the cavs giving up only the 30th pick in the draft and getting an all star power forward and the most skilled backup point guard in the nba is a much much bigger steal

now go ahead and hate

:facepalm:

Thatruth32
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
to early to tell... lakers got a ring out of it .. as of now cavs only got good on paper... time will tell

ramsizzle
02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
no no no. im asking which one is a bigger steal. this or last years gasol trade. if you guys are just gunna be like "both teams got what they want" well then last years gasol trade wasnt a steal at alll. if u see it like that then it was a steal for the grizz becuz they got marc gasol and cap room to get there all star power forward Zach Randolph

so answer the question

which was a bigger steal

exactly ...this trade isnt a STEAL at all...that pick could be the next tony parker or something ...plus washington got thorton

SteveNash
02-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Gasol was 27 while Jamison is 33.

ManRam
02-18-2010, 07:05 PM
It also all depends on what the Wiz do with this plethora of cap space.

They need to blow it up. Jamison is border-line old, and not nearly as big of a get as Pau was. Not even close actually. They did get a nice young player, and far more cap space than Memphis got...

I, again, wouldn't say the word "steal" at all.

kobebabe
02-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Not a steal IMO. Yes Twan is a great player but not comparable to PAU!!!!
And Telfair......a player who never was.....
If he bring cavs a ring, they it will be a steal. But 4 now, nope

MTar786
02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
it was a great trade for both teams too when la got gasol. but everyone was still going on about a steal.

this trade is only going to be a fair trade in my eyes if big z doesnt go back to cleveland

RaiderLakersA's
02-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Wow. Where to begin?

First, I suppose I'd have to acknowledge that the Gasol trade was a steal. Ok, sure, why not?

Secondly, I'd have to entertain the notion that either Jameson or Telfair are to LeBron what Pau is to Kobe. Sorry, I just don't see it.

Thirdly, I'd have to agree that somehow the Wizards had less of a grand design in mind when they pulled the trade than Memphis did. No, I think both teams had a plan and they carried it out. What remains to be seen is whether or not the Wizards' plan bears fruit or not in a couple of years. Stay tuned.

bchissie
02-18-2010, 07:19 PM
how is marc gasol, crittenton, and a 1st round pick for pau gasol a steal.

everybody was saying the nba is fixed and that trade should of got vetoed. people saying the lakers were cheating lol.

marc is quite a bit younger than pau, way cheaper than pau, and he's a stud.

bringinwood
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Telfair sucks...

Tawn is nice.... The Cav's got a decent deal out of it... If they get "Z" back on a vet min salary, it will be a steal of a deal for them.... They will have shedded his salary, had the Wiz buy him out, and resigned him at the vet min... That's not bad...

Tawn vs Pau ???? Ummmm seriously ??? Come on now... Pau is top 3 in the league... Tawn is decent, but not in the same category...

If the Cav's get Z to buy back into a championship run, this will be a steal on a big level...

Tanakid777
02-18-2010, 07:21 PM
:facepalm:

+1

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 07:21 PM

everybody was saying the nba is fixed and that trade should of got vetoed. people saying the lakers were cheating lol.

what ive been saying all along

AirCanada15ORL
02-18-2010, 07:22 PM
this was a very lopsided trade.

Stern had something to do with it. Hate the Wizards now

bchissie
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
pau gasol for marc gasol, crittenton (was young with potential), and a late 1st round pick was about as fair as a trade can get. period.

jamison for a late first round pick, is a whole nother story.

J Lay
02-18-2010, 07:25 PM

now go ahead and hate

Pau Gasol is MUCH better than jamison and hes much younger. And ummmmmm LOLOLOLOLOL @ u saying that telfair is a 'boss' saying that in the same sentence as he is a 'fantastic BACKUP pg' u sir are a FAIL!

SteveNash
02-18-2010, 07:28 PM

Crittenton = Memphis trying to cut salary and still had to take on his contract.

Darrell Arthur = Meh.

Last 1st rounder this year = Meh.

Marc Gasol = Late second round pick throw in.

bringinwood
Will people get off the bandwagon of cheating in the NBA ???

If their was a conspiracy in the NBA, the Knicks would have been good 5 + years ago...

The NBA is at it's best when the Knicks, Sixers, Lakers and Celtics are all at war...

I haven't seen the Knicks good since the 90's and even then, they weren't great... The Sixers haven't been good since 2001 and they weren't even good enough to win a championship...

If Stern had the power to have had rigged those draft balls during the 98 draft, LeBron would be a Knick...

Quit with the conspiracy theories...

bchissie
so you would rather have Pau Gasol then Jamison and Marc Gasol?

bchissie
02-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Crittenton = Garbage. Memphis trying to cut salary and still had to take on his contract.

Darrell Arthur = Garbage.

Last 1st rounder this year = Meh.

Marc Gasol = Late second round pick throw in.

Yeah Marc Gasol just a throw in? you act like he sucks. he's the best up-and-coming center in the nba. haha thrown in...haha...

Bruno
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
We need to stop referring to these kind of trades as "steals". When an all-star or superstar is traded to a contender, the other team almost never gets equal talent in return. This is nothing new.

cmellofan15
02-18-2010, 07:33 PM
At the time it was 10x bigger, but now that Memphis is starting to figure things out they forget about how bad it was. LA comes out on top until Cleveland gets a ring with Jamison playing a big role in it, which I don't see happening.

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM

now go ahead and hate

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: first of all, nobody was saying crap about marc gasol till this year. hes having a pretty good season but dont get ahead of yourself yet. al thorton is a descent player that needed a change of scenery and is still young with lots of potential and pau gasol is a lot better then jamison as well. lakers still got the better end of the deal regardless of how marc gasol turns out to be because this deal has won LA a championship and probably two after this year. we dont even know if this trade puts the cavs in the finals yet cause they still have to get through orlando in the playoffs. even if the cavs do, i dont see them beating the lakers in a 7 game series. so to answer the question, hell no this wasnt a bigger steal then the gasol trade. i wouldnt even call the jamison trade a steal exactly. i would call it a good trade for the cavs, but not a steal by any means.

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
just admit it, the cavs got pretty much as much as the lakers and gave up less

bringinwood
02-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I'd still rather have Pau... Who wouldn't ???

You get a cornerstone PF... If you have Tawn, you get an aging star whose done in 5 years after he has spent 3 of those declining...

Marc is never going to be as good as Pau... Why would you take 5 years of declining play from Tawn and a lesser player in Marc rather than having your 4 locked up for the next 10 years ????

bchissie
02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
I'd still rather have Pau... Who wouldn't ???

You get a cornerstone PF... If you have Tawn, you get an aging star whose done in 5 years after he has spent 3 of those declining...

Marc is never going to be as good as Pau... Why would you take 5 years of declining play from Tawn and a lesser player in Marc rather than having your 4 locked up for the next 10 years ????

1. Marc is way cheaper than Pau
2 Lakers gave up Marc to get Pau, While Cavs didnt give up anything to get Jamison

Fool
02-18-2010, 07:43 PM

Then by your reasoning neither was the Gasol trade.

They freed a ton of cap space, and got Gasol's brother, who could be a great player.

SteveNash
02-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah Marc Gasol just a throw in? you act like he sucks. he's the best up-and-coming center in the nba. haha thrown in...haha...

If the Lakers thought he was stud who'd be way cheaper then Pau why did they let him go?

Marc Gasol was a late 2nd pick, 2nd picks have effectively been thrown away on players teams don't even really want on their team. Marc's rights were not high, Memphis just got lucky. If Memphis just wanted Marc, they could have had him without giving up Pau.

ChaseMe
02-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I guess I'd be a hater to say it wasn't a steal? how many years does he have anyway? So much anger in you lol

mavwar53
02-18-2010, 07:46 PM
at the time LA was a steal
This isn't a steal cause Big Z was important to the cavs

If Z comes back then this is a steal but not as much as pau was at the time

bchissie
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
If the Lakers thought he was stud who'd be way cheaper then Pau why did they let him go?

Marc Gasol was a late 2nd pick, 2nd picks have effectively been thrown away on players teams don't even really want on their team. Marc's rights were not high, Memphis just got lucky. If Memphis just wanted Marc, they could have had him without giving up Pau.

I realize nobody expected Marc to be this good, but the reality is Marc is an absolute stud center. Plus he's young and cheap. Therefore the trade wasnt a steal by the Lakers.

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 07:48 PM
The Lakers got the better player in Pau Gasol but they gave up more. Marc Gasol has turned into a top 10 center who will be a top 5 center in a couple of years (you could argue he is now).

The Cavs gave up a freakin' 30th pick (it's a given Z gets bought out and re-signs) to get a guy that could more than likely get them over the hump and win them the championship...

The Cavs trade was more of a steal.

IndiansFan337
02-18-2010, 07:53 PM
If the Cavs get Z back then it was a better trade. If they get Z back they essentially just traded the last pick of the 1st round for Jamison.

At the time, everyone though the Pau Gasol trade was an absolute heist, but his brother, Marc Gasol, has proven to be a great starting C in the NBA.

JordansBulls
02-18-2010, 07:57 PM

now go ahead and hate

No it wasn't a steal. Jamison is 33. Gasol was 27.

Raph12
02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
The Cavs got Jamison and Telfair for a bag of peanuts, but Pau got the Lakers another title, their play will determine if it was a real steal or not.

handle
02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Lakers won (at least) one championship because of trading for Gasol. That right there trumps the Cavs trade for ol' man Jamison, making it a bigger steal. Gasol is also in his prime, whereas Jamison is on the decline.

ManRam
02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
LOL at no one saying either was fair.

If anything, they both were great trades for all parties involved.

1. LA won a championship
2. Memphis is going to be a great team for years to come
3. Cleveland got their sidekick
4. Washington can rebuild

We need to wait a while to evaluate this trade. If Washington uses their money, and their upcoming draft picks (will be good because they have little talent left), then they can definitely win this trade if Cleveland doesn't win a championship. It's now championship or bust.

Can't believe no one voted for both were fair. I'm not voting because I think that's ridiculous.

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 08:06 PM
No it wasn't a steal. Jamison is 33. Gasol was 27.

:clap::clap::clap:

junion
02-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Once big Z comes back

3RDASYSTEM
02-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Of course its PAU.....jus look at the record and back to back FINALS and also they had to give up BIG Z where as LA gave up none of its core, and with MAVS in play for BIG Z when he's bought out it may make it more lopsided ...though it really cant get any more, nobody knew who MARC was so why should it matter that he is halfway decent,nobody was screamin anythang about him then so dont do it now pertainnin to trade...but he is a decent player but no GASOL by any means....imagine now MO/GIBSON/JAMISON opening up the lane for LEBRON ....the best way to beat CLE it seems is to just let him score and lockdown everybody else,but with JAMISON its anotha 20/10 capable guy..its not really fair now...but hey like dude mentioned earlier...JAMISON could get hurt his first game

xabial
02-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Cap relief Trades Are unfair...

VC from Nets For C. Lee and scrubs
Pau gasol From Memphis for Kwayme brown, even if Marc Gasol is progressing still unfair
Antawn jamison for Big Z, and a late 1st rounder. (Supposedly Big Z will come back to Cavs after Buyout).

Th3Alm1ghtyZ
02-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Pau gasol From Memphis for Kwayme brown, even if Marc Gasol is progressing still unfair
Antawn jamison for Big Z, and a late 1st rounder. (Supposedly Big Z will come back to Cavs after Buyout).

Stop complaining. Kthx.

xabial
02-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Stop complaining. Kthx.

Me wants No Salary Cap ;)

fresh prince
02-18-2010, 08:27 PM

now go ahead and hate

oBVIOUSLY The Cavs deal is way more of a steal. Marc Gasol, a first round pick, Javaris Crittenton (who will show he can play some day) and the 8.5 million expiring contract that was Kwame Brown is more than adequate for Pau.

The Cavs Gave up a 1st round Pick for Jamison..

Only a Laker Hater or moron would say the Jamison deal is not an obvious rape. The only thing that remains to be seen is whether this brings the Cavs a CHIp like it did with the Lakers.

icon1914
02-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Bryant for Divac was a steal

Dale Davis for Jermaine O'neal was a steal

Eddy Curry for 2 lottery picks turned out to be a steal.

Steals are win one team gets what they want, while the other team gets stuck holding the baggage. A salary dump can not be classified as a steal... Memphis did not trade Gasol to get another all star, they traded him to get rid of the contract and start over. They got what they wanted.

The Wiz are in start over mode... They wanted to dump a contract and found a taker. No steal involved since both teams got what they wanted.

ManRam
02-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Umm...

Vince Carter has sucked, and NJ now has a shot at the #1 overall player and a max player.
Memphis wasn't going anywhere with Pau, and now they have a great starting 5, and are on the verge of contending.
It's TBD about the Wizards...but they weren't going anywhere with Jamison, especially with Gil there. They had no choice but to blow it all up...and since no one but contenders are looking to take on salary (especially since Tawn is 33), that's the best they could do.

KBfrom8to24
02-18-2010, 08:44 PM

now go ahead and hate

I suggest you really need psychological evaluation ASAP. BTW, for your post you deserve this...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

fresh prince
02-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Bryant for Divac was a steal

Dale Davis for Jermaine O'neal was a steal

Eddy Curry for 2 lottery picks turned out to be a steal.

Steals are win one team gets what they want, while the other team gets stuck holding the baggage. A salary dump can not be classified as a steal... Memphis did not trade Gasol to get another all star, they traded him to get rid of the contract and start over. They got what they wanted.

The Wiz are in start over mode... They wanted to dump a contract and found a taker. No steal involved since both teams got what they wanted.

Yea but.....

Since both the Gasol and Jamison trades were salary dumps we can evaluate them on the same basis.

It's simple for their salary dump the Wizards recieved:

A First Round Draft Pick

For their salary dump the Grizzlies recieved:

Marc Gasol
Javaris Crittenton
A 1st round pick

Not sure How this is even a question or how the hell the Gasol deal is leading the poll.

The Cavs deal was a total steal.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
it will depend on what Washington does with the capspace that determines the answer to this

Raps18-19 Champ
02-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Compared to the talent they gave up, the Cavs got it better than Lakers.

But some people consider Gasol a top 10 player(Even though he probably isn't) while Jamison is in the 35-45 range. Jamison is also a lot older and has longer contract.

I do think that Cavs got a better deal that what the Lakers got because of the talent they gave up but if things go well for the Wizards, they can step it up and the trade wouldn't look like a steal.

icon1914
02-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Yea but.....

Since both the Gasol and Jamison trades were salary dumps we can evaluate them on the same basis.

It's simple for their salary dump the Wizards recieved:

A First Round Draft Pick

For their salary dump the Grizzlies recieved:

Marc Gasol
Javaris Crittenton
A 1st round pick

Not sure How this is even a question or how the hell the Gasol deal is leading the poll.

The Cavs deal was a total steal.

Thats a fair and reasonable way to look at it.

I still believe that if both teams get what they want out the deal neither team is stealing anything. If you wanna say Grizz got a better salary dump than the Wiz, go ahead... but neither is a steal.

And the Grizz deal only looks so much better because we have seen Marc play... the Wiz might draft the next Tony Parker with this 30th pick they got.

kArSoN RyDaH
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
antwan j is almost as goood as pau gasol? hahahahaa stupidest thing ive ever heard...

king4day
02-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Gasol is a player you build a team around. Jamison isn't.
This one was a steal still, but not the same caliber.

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 09:52 PM
1 Marc gasol is a CENTER not a PF

2 Jamison is going 34 Pau was going 28

3 Jamison almost the same player as pau? lord...and people complain when i say Pau is Underated.....but thisis plain ridiculous.

4 WHoever said Marc Gasol was a throw in? lol it was the deal breker mitch wante to send them Yue but Memphis said it was Mar or nothing.

5 Nobody knew marc would be that good:

Lol, I KNEW and i bet every gm in the league Knew i mean he was in line to get spanish league MVP ( wich he got) Some former spanish league mvps: Petrovic, Sabonis, Pau Gasol, Scola, NAvarro, Rudy Fernandez, Charlie Bell.....

one woudl say if nba teams have scouts in europe wich get paid for doing the job of scouting they shoudl ahve heard a word or two on Marc...

Storch
02-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Its a steal. are you guys serious?! The cavs lost no one and acquired jamison, how is that not a steal.

fresh prince
02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Its a steal. are you guys serious?! The cavs lost no one and acquired jamison, how is that not a steal.

I know right?

I dont get it.. Its Almost 2 to 1

ChitownbullsBG7
02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
It was a steal yes but by no means was it near the level of Pau. Pau can take over a game whereas Jamison plays in the flow of the game.

Pau is a guy you run plays for whereas Jamison makes plays off of rebounds and lose balls and kick outs for 3s.

Fireworld
02-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I just wanna say that just cause its a steal, doesn't mean it will work. The players still need to fit in with the TEAM. Gasol fitted in nice and fast. We'll see with Jamison. Don't forget about the Lakers team that had Malone, Payton, Bryant and O'neil. That didn't work well cause Detroit was a better TEAM. Talent on a team does not equal championships.

fresh prince
02-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Pau is a much better player than Jamison no doubt! But thats not what were talking about. Its which trade was more of a steal. And thats easy to decipher.

To get Jamison the Cavs gave up:

- A 1st round pick

To Get Pau The Lakers Gave up:

- Marc Gasol
- Kwame Brown (8.5 million)
- A First Round Pick
- Jarvaris Crittenton

Come on this isnt even hard to figure out here.

magichatnumber9
02-18-2010, 10:17 PM
If I were an L.A fan I would be bragging about the Gasol trade. My god Laker nation getting a steal is a good thing in this league. Haters are usually the have nots.

td0tsfinest
02-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Big Z's contract coming off the books would really help out the wizards in rebuilding the team.

With the Gasol trade, it seemed like nothing made sense. What were Kwame Brown and Jarvis Critteon compared to Pau Gasol? If it weren't for Marc Gasol, this trade might have been the 2nd worse trade in nba history (VC trade is first :p).

fresh prince
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Kwame was an expiring deal as well. So that's a wash

kblo247
02-18-2010, 11:51 PM

Washington now is finally in full-blown rebuild mode. If they can get ride of Gil...they'll be absolutely golden. They can get down to about 25 million dollars in pay roll after this year. Only the Knicks and Heat(not certain) will have more money to spend. And if they can get rid of Gil, they'll be at like 11M.

Great trade for both teams. Therefore, no, it wasn't a steal. The Cavs were the only team probably who could land him, besides maybe Houston. Everyone else was trying to shed salary, or didn't have the necessary exprirings.

BULL ****

Memphis got cap space (Zach)
Memphis got draft rights to a kid who they had seen play (Marc)
They got a first round pick (Arthur)
They got another first round pick (Brewer)

What assets LA gave Memphis straight up is greater than what Cleveland gave Washington straight up.

iggypop123
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
they traded a 1st rounder for jamison. thats it. id call it a mega steal

The Jokemaker
02-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Gasol is a player you build a team around. Jamison isn't.
This one was a steal still, but not the same caliber.

No he isn't. He's a secondary star and needs a primary star (Kobe) to lead the team. He can't lead a team by himself. Need evidence? His entire career with the grizzlies. They tried to build a team around him specifically, even getting his best friend Juan Carlos to come over and play. The best they got out of it was sweeps in the first round. He never took over a game when he needed to, didn't attack the basket and just held the ball and passed. All the games I were at he did this. Crowd was on their feet cheering and urging him to make a superstar like play and only rarely did he even try so he got booed. Therefore, he is NOT a player you build a team around. He can however be the piece that puts a team over the top when it already has a star which he has done.

Swashcuff
02-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Noooooo!!!!

Public Enemy #1
02-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Nobody knew that Mark Gasol would be beasting it up this year. That trade between the Lakers and Grizzlies is still one of the most lopsided trades ever, Kwame effing Brown and Mark Gasol for Pau Gasol. Hell, anyone could have put up a garbage scrub and draft rights for a Pau Gasol. But West didn't give him to just any team, he gave him to his beloved Lakers.

Wiz kids
02-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Ok I'm going to sound like a bitter Wizards fan but this is in all honesty.

Jamison has a great post game with an abundance of moves and is a great leader, but that is virtually it. His 'range' is overrated he is an average to below average 3-point/jump shooter. His defense is hideous, and at times it looks like he's flat out giving up.

Quikdraw
02-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Both were great trades, but the Gasol trade was a bigger steal IMO.

Big Quett
02-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Nobody knew that Mark Gasol would be beasting it up this year. That trade between the Lakers and Grizzlies is still one of the most lopsided trades ever, Kwame effing Brown and Mark Gasol for Pau Gasol. Hell, anyone could have put up a garbage scrub and draft rights for a Pau Gasol. But West didn't give him to just any team, he gave him to his beloved Lakers.

Marc was the MVP of the Spanish league. And he did go to high school in Memphis. They knew exactly what they were getting. And Kwame was just an expiring contract that gave us the cap space to get Zach. And we got 2 1st picks thus allowing us to give up a 1st round pick to get Ronnie Brewer

in Pau Gasol the Grizz got Zach, Marc, Aurthur, and Brewer
in Jamison the Wiz got the 30th pick in the draft?

Not even close.

fresh prince
02-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Marc was the MVP of the Spanish league. And he did go to high school in Memphis. They knew exactly what they were getting. And Kwame was just an expiring contract that gave us the cap space to get Zach. And we got 2 1st picks thus allowing us to give up a 1st round pick to get Ronnie Brewer

in Pau Gasol the Grizz got Zach, Marc, Aurthur, and Brewer
in Jamison the Wiz got the 30th pick in the draft?

Not even close.

This