PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to change their NBA Finals prediction???

Ty Fast
02-18-2010, 05:36 PM
At the start of the year I predicted the Lakers and Celtics to play in the NBA Finals. It was the second strait year that I predicted those 2 teams.

However I would like to change my prediction. I think it will be Cleveland and Denver in the finals with King James and the Cavs taking home the tiltle. Does anyone else want to change their prediction or are you staying put with the teams you had at the start of the year?

ManRam
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I didn't think the Cavs would win it...but the way they're playing this year (they look much better, despite whatever the records say) and the addition of Jamison (while keeping Hickson and Andy) I think puts them over the top.

I still like the Lakers in the West.

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
im still going with lakers and magic in the finals. i still say when the magic get completely healthy they are still more talented over all then the cavs.

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
You're gonna get A LOT of flack from the Laker fans but I agree...

I think it's gonna be a close series between whoever the Lakers meet in the finals, but the Nuggets and Mavs both have a very good chance of upsetting them...

ldc62
02-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I always underestimated the Hawks... so Im changing from Lebron vs Lakers to Hawks vs Lakers.... Lakers in 5

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
if Lakers don't make it it's obvious that the Nuggets will be the team repping the West. I don't think it will be a shock if they do so. Nuggets r a scary team but the whole coach Carl thing might really hurt them. Then again the Mavs made a move that can challange the Nuggets for the second best team in the West.

Cleveland looks good but last year they looked just as good and wearn't able to handle the Magic much less the Lakers, but I wonder if they have improve enough with the addition of Jamison to win it all.

I hope it's the Lakers vs. Cavs, Kobe vs. Lebron, Kobe vs. Shaq.

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I had Cavs-Lakers at the beginning of the year but after the season unfolded and we got a feel for each team I changed to Cavs-Nuggets.

I would've switched back to LA if they nabbed Hinrich but they didn't, so I'm sticking with Denver-Cleveland.

elizur
02-18-2010, 05:59 PM
The Jaminson trade bugged me out as a Knick fan. I really go believe if they loose then he is gone. So I will say the Lakers, al though I dislike them very much.

Melo15
02-18-2010, 06:01 PM
I say Lakers and Cavs, i'll take the Cavs in 7.

bchissie
02-18-2010, 06:04 PM
You can pretty much pencil it in

LAKERS VS CAVS

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
i think espn is finally going to get its dream matchup-Cavs vs Lakers

I'm hoping for a old rivalry though myself, Bulls vs Jazz, or Bulls vs 8th seed in West

CB4AB7VC15
02-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Cavs/Lakers

LA in 6.................

Mavrix
02-18-2010, 08:56 PM
cAVS and mAVS

fresh prince
02-18-2010, 09:06 PM
I had Cavs and Lakers to start and Im sticking with it. (Tho I think my Lakers are a little vunerable)

I think the Cavs are the Favorite to win it all. They have 11 good players who would be rotation guys on any team in the league:

Lebron
Jamison
MO Williams
Andy
Hickson
Shaq
Anthony Parker
Delonte West
Leone Powe
Daniel Gibson
Big Z (once he's back)

The Cavs are 13 DEEP IF YOU COUNT IN 2 "MAYBES"

Telfair
Moon

Thats unheard of depth!

The Lakers have 6 maybe 7 guys that are rotation players on any team if you think Farmar and Brown fit the bill.

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Artest
Brown (maybe)
Farmar (maybe)

* Fisher is no longer a no doubt rotation guy (yet he starts for us)

mikantsass
02-18-2010, 09:13 PM
KINGS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!

Nah i'll go Denver vs Cleveland

Raps18-19 Champ
02-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Depends of Karl's status.

He's going through a lot right now.

I had Lebron vs Meloin the beginning.

I'm starting to doubt now.

Lebron and Kobe for now until I get an updated status on Karl and I'll see then if I go back.

bigsams50
02-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Beginning of the year i had Boston over LA in the Finals. Now i have both Clev. and LA in the finals, but i cant really decide who i think will win

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
I had Cavs and Lakers to start and Im sticking with it. (Tho I think my Lakers are a little vunerable)

I think the Cavs are the Favorite to win it all. They have 11 good players who would be rotation guys on any team in the league:

Lebron
Jamison
MO Williams
Andy
Hickson
Shaq
Anthony Parker
Delonte West
Leone Powe
Daniel Gibson
Big Z (once he's back)

Thats unheard of depth!

The Lakers have 6 maybe 7 guys that are rotation players on any team if you think Farmar and Brown fit the bill.

Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Odom
Artest
Brown (maybe)
Farmar (maybe)

* Fisher is no longer a no doubt rotation guy (yet he starts for us)

but in the playoffs, most teams, most coaches only use a 7-9 guy rotation. so depth isnt going to be a major factor in the playoffs unless someones hurt or suspended, or in foul trouble. if depth is your argument then how about this one

Howard
lewis
carter
nelson
pietrus
barnes
williams
anderson
bass
reddick
gortat

thats 11 guys right there and they all havent even had time to mesh cause of injuries. they go in the playoffs all healthy, thats the team to beat in the east right there. you havent even seen the magic play up to their full potential yet.

DieHardColtsfan
02-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes I got the Knicks.

I mean our odds had to have increased with the departure of Jared Jeffries.

fresh prince
02-18-2010, 09:26 PM
but in the playoffs, most teams, most coaches only use a 7-9 guy rotation. so depth isnt going to be a major factor in the playoffs unless someones hurt or suspended, or in foul trouble. if depth is your argument then how about this one

Howard
lewis
carter
nelson
pietrus
barnes
williams
anderson
bass
reddick
gortat

thats 11 guys right there and they all havent even had time to mesh cause of injuries. they go in the playoffs all healthy, thats the team to beat in the east right there. you havent even seen the magic play up to their full potential yet.

Yea agreed. I know rotations shorten in the playoffs but what the Cavs (and the Magic to your point) have is no doubt NBA rotation type talent coming in. The Lakers have Odom and then Shannon Brown (who just 2 years ago couldnt get burn on the Bobcats when they were bad).

Everyone else on our bench is either a question mark or not that good at basketball.

td0tsfinest
02-18-2010, 09:30 PM
I still say Cavs and Lakers in the final.

IversonIsKrazy
02-18-2010, 09:34 PM
i thought it was going to be a Laker-Magic rematch again, but I think it might be Lakers-Cavs.

Although, I would love to see an upset like Hawks and Nugz making it all the way, but i HIGHLY doubt that.

KOBE-LEBRON Finals would be a dream come true tho.

Chacarron
02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Lakers in 6 against the Cavs. Originally had the Celtics vs Lakers in the Finals but Lebron has his team in the position to lead them past the Celtics and Magic in the playoffs.

ldc62
02-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Yes I got the Knicks.

I mean our odds had to have increased with the departure of Jared Jeffries.

He plays avg. D. Not a terrible player, just a terrible contract.

Sox Appeal
02-18-2010, 09:41 PM
At the beginning of the year, I had the Cavs over the Spurs in 6. Now, I'll say the Cavs/Nuggets meet in the Finals, with Cleveland winning in 6.

Fireworld
02-18-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm sticking with LA VS BOS. BOTH healthy. LA in 6.

RadiantShot
02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Most of you might not believe me.

Orlando Magic vs. Denver Nuggets in the finals.

If not the Magic, then the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Don't get me wrong, I love the way Los Angeles plays, but I just can't SEE it. I saw it last year, but this year, I just can't visualize them getting to the finals. I'm going with my gut.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
I think I had Cleveland over Denver. I will stick with it

elizur
02-18-2010, 10:18 PM
He plays avg. D. Not a terrible player, just a terrible contract.

no, he is a terrible player.

Phat Pat 94
02-18-2010, 10:30 PM
nope, i think weve still got wolves-nets :D

But in all reality, im gonna take lakers and cavs, which will be highly entertaining

HoopsDrive
02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Always had Cleveland and Lakers with a 50-50 of either winning. Now that they have Jamison thiings change just a tad bit. 60-40 for the Cavs to take home the ring.

Nirvanaskurdt
02-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Phoenix Suns vs Charlotte Bobcats ;)

Strumpy
02-18-2010, 10:44 PM
I had Celtics vs. Spurs, Celtics in 6. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Lakers vs. Cavs, Lakers in 6.

ElMarroAfamado
02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
At the start of the year I predicted the Lakers and Celtics to play in the NBA Finals. It was the second strait year that I predicted those 2 teams.

However I would like to change my prediction. I think it will be Cleveland and Denver in the finals with King James and the Cavs taking home the tiltle. Does anyone else want to change their prediction or are you staying put with the teams you had at the start of the year?

.....oh god here we go...the celtics are not going to win the title...the cavs are not going to win the title....the lowly spurs are not going to win the title....
choose from everyone else that makes the playoffs but those teams and i might believe you ....
ima bet some nice money with some friends that the Cavs wont even make the finals....

ElMarroAfamado
02-18-2010, 10:48 PM
its so annoying to see everyone saying the Cavs are going to win the title just cause they got Jamison....people dont understand that its not who they add to lebron james team its lebron james himself that is going to keep the team from winning the title...
its comical to think the mere addition of Jamison is guarantees them the title cmon people be serious.....

do you guys remember what people were saying when the Spurs added Richard Jefferson?
ha.....

ManRam
02-18-2010, 10:58 PM
its so annoying to see everyone saying the Cavs are going to win the title just cause they got Jamison....people dont understand that its not who they add to lebron james team its lebron james himself that is going to keep the team from winning the title...
its comical to think the mere addition of Jamison is guarantees them the title cmon people be serious.....

do you guys remember what people were saying when the Spurs added Richard Jefferson?
ha.....

LeBron did everything he could last year...and as far as I'm concerned, his team let him down. He has more weapons around him this year. Jamison will be a huge addition. I mean, verse Orlando, he did average 38.5 points, on 48% shooting, 8 assists, 8.3 boards, 1.2 blocks, 1.2 steals verse Orlando. What more can the man do? He dropped 49 points, shooting 67% and still had 8 assists, and they lost that game. Mo and Delonte went 10-32. The bench scored 5 points...so on.

Jamison is a HUGE addition. You can't spin it any other way. Every star, even LeBron, needs another all-star in order to win a championship. He finally has his.

G-Funk
02-19-2010, 11:29 AM
The Lakers Coaching staff is right, no team in in history have been so overlooked after winning a ring, that's what's driving the Lakers this season.

mser58
02-19-2010, 11:51 AM
LA vs Boston

G-Funk
02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Im starting to think that the Championship is going to be played in the Western conference finals!

JordansBulls
02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Lakers made the finals the last 2 years. This may be the year they get upset out west.

I see Denver making the finals for the first time ever and I see the Cavs making the finals for a Melo vs Lebron showdown.

Ty Fast
02-19-2010, 12:26 PM
cAVS and mAVS

an all AVS Fianls

mrblisterdundee
02-19-2010, 12:36 PM
The Lakers or the Nuggets will win in the western conference. The Cavaliers will win in the eastern conference.

JayW_1023
02-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I think the Nuggets are a legitimate contender. Part of me hopes they will make it...because i'm one of Chauncey Billups' greatest fans. The Jazz are also a dangerous team...and the Mavs may be up there now that they have Butler and Haywood...two solid defensive players.

Double_R
02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
i think espn is finally going to get its dream matchup-Cavs vs Lakers

I'm hoping for a old rivalry though myself, Bulls vs Jazz, or Bulls vs 8th seed in West

That is awesome, because it is so true... The NBA referees will make sure of it, they tried their hardest last year in the Lebrons vs Magic series, I'm sure they will try even harder this year.

We will see, the Magic will take them again, if the refs let it happen.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Nuggets-Cavs would be be amazing.

Realistically, Lakers-Cavs or Lakers-Magic