PDA

View Full Version : Curry 2010-11 Knicks

timmyoinfl
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Is there any reason why Eddie Curry won't opt-in so he can get $11.28M that is guaranteed him?

Dpop07
02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
absolutely not. at least they can use his expiring around this time next year...

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Spike Lee should send someone to his house and make him an offer he can't refuse so he will opt out.

ChicagoRox
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I highly doubt he will opt-out. He will never get that much money again. Man I wish I could get free millions.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 05:02 PM
He will not opt out at all unless the Knicks gave him PT, let him put up inflated stats so he can convince himself there is a better market available to him.

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 05:02 PM
I highly doubt he will opt-out. He will never get that much money again. Man I wish I could get free millions.

If we got free millions, we would do the same thing as Curry. We would get fat and then lose weight when it is almost time to get more free millions.

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 05:04 PM
He will not opt out at all unless the Knicks gave him PT, let him put up inflated stats so he can convince himself there is a better market available to him.

even if he plays at all star level over the next 29 or 30 games, he still isn't getting a lot of money. Teams know his history.

DieHardColtsfan
02-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Never in a million years. Oh do I wish though!

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I have a better chance of making 11 million next year than curry has of not making 11 million

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 05:14 PM
mmm what if knicks offer him a 5 year 3 million a year contract? he opts out, takes that deal and is inmediately bouthg out.

that match ups the money owed and maybe someone signs him so he wins even more.

disgruntledbull
02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
arent the knicks trying to buy out his contract?

Dmagic87
02-18-2010, 05:20 PM
mmm what if knicks offer him a 5 year 3 million a year contract? he opts out, takes that deal and is inmediately bouthg out.

I thought about this. Even a 4 year 5 M dollar deal could help the knicks sign 2 max's and keep David Lee.

Curry needs to realize after this check he won't get paid. 20 M is not bad for being a bench warmer.

GivenGrace
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
^I hope so

Giaps
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
No way, he'll be shopped again this summer as an expiring or be more valuable by this time next year.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 05:27 PM

I don't know what you're trying to say. Besides for being completely unrealistic, that doesn't help the Knicks because even when a player is bought out his contract counts against the cap till it expires.

cheezinmypocket
02-18-2010, 05:29 PM

Why would he ever leave that money on the table? Get paid next year for 11 million, then sign a new contract somewhere else. There are always GMs willing to overpay for fat boys like Curry that have 'promise'.

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't know what you're trying to say. Besides for being completely unrealistic, that doesn't help the Knicks because even when a player is bought out his contract counts against the cap till it expires.

yes i know

if he gets his option and extens his contract he counts as 12 millions in knicks cap this summer

if he opts out and signs the contract i propossed he counts as 3 million leaving them with 9 more million to expend.

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Why would he ever leave that money on the table? Get paid next year for 11 million, then sign a new contract somewhere else. There are always GMs willing to overpay for fat boys like Curry that have 'promise'.
he is not leaving money on the table.

if he takes his option he will earn his 12 millon dollars and then after that NO ONE will ever sign hhim

the way i said he smply splits THIS SAME money or maybe a little more in various years but knicks buys him out paying him in FULL but cap wise he only costs them as 3 million each year instead of 12 next year.

opening 9 new millions on cap for them

cheezinmypocket
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
he is not leaving money on the table.

if he takes his option he will earn his 12 millon dollars and then after that NO ONE will ever sign hhim

the way i said he smply splits THIS SAME money or maybe a little more in various years but knicks buys him out paying him in FULL but cap wise he only costs them as 3 million each year instead of 12 next year.

opening 9 new millions on cap for them

So then why would he accept that? You don't think he plays next year and then gets a new contract??

C'mon... someone will sign him as a back up for a couple mill.