PDA

View Full Version : Knicks and Bulls= Big Winners?

shep33
02-18-2010, 04:38 PM
They may have not brought in quality pieces, but man i think they saved a ton of money. NY gets rid of Hughes, Jeffries, and Robinson, get T-mac's expiring. Bulls get rid of Salmons and Thomas, saving some more money. The Cavs definitely got the best piece in Jamieson, but did the Knicks and Bulls help themselves financially to get really good for a long period of time by saving money. NY getting rid of Jeffries contract was huge. What do you guys think? NY and Chicago win this deadline in the long run??

Draco
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Knick's are clear winners if the goal was to save Dolan $6.4 mil. Otherwise I don't see their situation as a "Good for Donnie, he stuck to his plan".. I see their situation as "Donnie got taken advantage of because he put a lot (if not all) his eggs in one basket." Anyone think that a top tier FA would sign with the Knick's if the Knick's didn't have the money spend on another top tier FA? I'd guess the Rockets had that in mind when they negotiated a deal for 2 first rounders. Bottom line, If the Knick's fail to meet their 2010 FA objective then their Jeffries trade was a disaster.

Diffrerent story with the Bull's because they didn't mortage their present or future; they simply improved their situation. their situation? Tyrus Thomas had no future with the Bull's. One way or the other he was not going to be a Bull and Paxson got value in return for him.. That's a win. Not what I think of as the "biggest winner" but a "win" nonetheless.

Chronz
02-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Houston was able to get under the luxury tax by GAINING assets. They won this deadline

Noday
02-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Right now nobody knows about the Bulls and Knicks. Bosh wants to play with Wade and Wades team has cash and are a playoff team. The Rapters just may keep Bosh happy with playoff success although I doubt it will be that successfull of a playoff run this year but who knows. I think the Bulls didnt replace Salmons very well with their new pieces but they will look very tempting to Bosh, especially if they can pull off a trade for Wade, doubt it. The Knicks got 1 extra piece to trade come this off season and thats it because they wont trade Curry's 13 or so million last year option off to anybody. Theyll pick up people because money talks but it will most likely be second rate players for more money than they deserve. The Knicks always do that.

pebloemer
02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Houston was able to get under the luxury tax by GAINING assets. They won this deadline

Absolutely agree.

They set themselves up nicely for the future.

The right to swap picks, the 2012 pick, Hill and Martin is a lot to bring back. Landry will be a big loss, but overall they used their leverage extremely well.

dudeonthemoon
02-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Got give a hand to Donnie for cleaning up isiah garbage i didnt think it could be done

shep33
Yeah the Rockets GM Morey did a wonderful job, I kinda don't like them giving up Landry though, he was really their best big. Knicks and Bulls are gonna be in the hunt for Wade especially if they don't get Boozer. He's been uspet a bunch of times now this season for not getting anyone, and he's even been upset at his coach. I can definitely see him heavily considering leaving, particularly after not getting Amar'e or Boozer.

BradyIsTheMan12

Yeah I really think Houston was the big winner as well, Kevin Martin gives them the off the ball scorer they have been looking for since McGrady was on his way out. Giving up Landry and the others they gave up was worthy of Kevin Martin as well, they didn't give up too much to get what they needed.

abe_froman
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Knick's are clear winners if the goal was to save Dolan $6.4 mil. Otherwise I don't see their situation as a "Good for Donnie, he stuck to his plan".. I see their situation as "Donnie got taken advantage of because he put a lot (if not all) his eggs in one basket." Anyone think that a top tier FA would sign with the Knick's if the Knick's didn't have the money spend on another top tier FA? I'd guess the Rockets had that in mind when they negotiated a deal for 2 first rounders. Bottom line, If the Knick's fail to meet their 2010 FA objective then their Jeffries trade was a disaster.

Diffrerent story with the Bull's because they didn't mortage their present or future; they simply improved their situation. their situation? Tyrus Thomas had no future with the Bull's. One way or the other he was not going to be a Bull and Paxson got value in return for him.. That's a win. Not what I think of as the "biggest winner" but a "win" nonetheless.

this

was going to say how the hell could the bulls be in the same breath as knicks as far as their goals

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Knicks gave up a #8 pick this year, a #1 pick in 2012, and probably moved down a couple spots in 2011's draft to save 6.4 million. If you want to think that is winning, so be it.

cheezinmypocket
02-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Right now nobody knows about the Bulls and Knicks. Bosh wants to play with Wade and Wades team has cash and are a playoff team. The Rapters just may keep Bosh happy with playoff success although I doubt it will be that successfull of a playoff run this year but who knows. I think the Bulls didnt replace Salmons very well with their new pieces but they will look very tempting to Bosh, especially if they can pull off a trade for Wade, doubt it. The Knicks got 1 extra piece to trade come this off season and thats it because they wont trade Curry's 13 or so million last year option off to anybody. Theyll pick up people because money talks but it will most likely be second rate players for more money than they deserve. The Knicks always do that.

Bosh wants to play with Wade? Get a brain in your head... .where do you get off making up that kind of statement?

Do your research... maybe get a bit of insight into what Bosh is looking for in his career and then come back and apologize for wasting everyone's time with such stupidity.

Here's a starting point for you:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/second-banana-not-appealing-to-bosh-327898.html

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Won't??? you mean Can't

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Got give a hand to Donnie for cleaning up isiah garbage i didnt think it could be done

He pulled an Isiah move himself. What did he clean up? Jeffries 6.4 million, at what expense? Two #1 draft picks and getting your lottery pick moved back to like 20 or so?

shep33
02-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Knicks gave up a #8 pick this year, a #1 pick in 2012, and probably moved down a couple spots in 2011's draft to save 6.4 million. If you want to think that is winning, so be it.

Yeah giving up those picks was tough, really they gave up 3 first rounders if you count Hill. They've definitely put all their eggs in the 2010 sweepstakes.

MSG34
02-18-2010, 05:16 PM

Anyways as far as the knicks go we just put are eggs into one basket as Draco said. It's 2010 or bust now. Only time will tell. Best case scenario T-Mac magically leads us to the playoffs and shows that our supporting cast isn't bad which would persuade other FAs to come.

I don't even want to think of the worst case scenario

ldc62
02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
IMO Houston won this won, but NY did alright. That being said, if the Knicks don't get Lebron, Wade or Bosh... Houston just dominated. Getting 2 solid players (Hill and KMart) as well as possible high lottery picks! This trade either made NY into a Dynasty or into a laughing stock for the next 4 years.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Ok first of all the Knicks saved $9.4 million in 2010 and that equates to 2 max contracts.

Knicks needed to pay a premium to get rid of Jeffries and they did.

Everyone around here calls Hill a bust so why the change of heart now?

They are merely swapping 2011 picks IF they are worse than the Rockets next season.

The 2012 pick could be in the late 20s by then because Knicks will have 2 free agency periods of cap space by then to get better.

Let's not knock the Knicks just couz that is the "cool" thing to do around here.....

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Yep those are the exact details of the trade. Picks aren't protected or anything :facepalm:

Oh wow, top 1 protected for 2011, and top-5 protected for 2012. And what about Hill's protection.

If you are drafting in those spots, then you definitely lost the trade even more. :facepalm:

Carey
02-18-2010, 05:20 PM

Agreed! They really held out and got a great deal

cheezinmypocket
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Ok first of all the Knicks saved $9.4 million in 2010 and that equates to 2 max contracts.

They are merely swapping 2011 picks IF they are worse than the Rockets next season.

The 2012 pick could be in the late 20s by then because Knicks will have 2 free agency periods of cap space by then to get better.

Let's not knock the Knicks just couz that is the "cool" thing to do around here.....

Let's wait and see how your two max contracts work out this summer before you decide that this is a great move. The only top level FA I can see looking at the Knicks is Amare... and that is only because he isn't really top level, and he isn't getting a max contract anywhere else.

Keep living the dream though.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 05:24 PM

Even though you saved 9.4 million by getting rid of Jeffries and Hills salary, it is still 2 more roster spots you need to fill. I just think it was a little too much to pay just to shed Jeffries contract.

cheezinmypocket
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Anyways as far as the knicks go we just put are eggs into one basket as Draco said. It's 2010 or bust now. Only time will tell. Best case scenario T-Mac magically leads us to the playoffs and shows that our supporting cast isn't bad which would persuade other FAs to come.

MSG - you are one of the few Knicks fans on here that isn't taking 100% for granted that your team is getting 2 top tier free agents this off season.

Cheers.

D Roses Bulls
02-18-2010, 05:28 PM

now lets not get ahead of ourselves here. martin has been battling injuries this season. he is still owed 35 million dollars for the next couple years and the rockets just traded possibly their best front court player and possible 6th man of the year candidate in carl landry. i think they did alright, but if your with most of the knicks fans and you assume the knicks will sign two super stars in the summer the pick in 2011 they could get from the knicks wont be that good. they did alright, but i think giving up landry was a mistake.

MSG34
02-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh wow, top 1 protected for 2011, and top-5 protected for 2012. And what about Hill's protection.

If you are drafting in those spots, then you definitely lost the trade even more. :facepalm:

I misread your post which is why I edited it out. My bad but if we are picking in those spots 2010 did fail but i'm not certain the trade failed. If the picks are protected and we get a top pick like let's say the first overall I might even say this trade was a success because it allowed us to completely restart gain cap relief and get a potential superstar instead of having to keep paying mediocre players and drafting around 6-10.

But if we lost our pick to houston and got no FAs you're right, this would be disaster.

Just a thought.

Appreciate it cheezinmypocket

Double_R
02-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Landry was a pretty sold player for the Rockets, but Martin is what they needed... someone who can score the basketball on a consistent basis. The Bulls were already losing Tyrus, so I don't get why they are winners for that, but getting rid of Salmons was smart. The Knicks, they got rid of Jeffries monster contract, so that was a good move, but I still think the Knicks are getting ahead of themselves, especially if they think they have 2 superstars definitely coming there, because I don't about that. I know if I were Lebron or Dwade, I would be looking at the players on the team before I signed and the knicks roster is definitely last on my radar.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Let's wait and see how your two max contracts work out this summer before you decide that this is a great move. The only top level FA I can see looking at the Knicks is Amare... and that is only because he isn't really top level, and he isn't getting a max contract anywhere else.

Let me ask you this... what is your opinion of Hill?? Because everyone and their mother on here looks at him as a bust. If so, then you can't let that get in the way,

2011 is merely a swap of picks and that is still a maybe... we swapped picks with Chicago and still ended up with Wilson Chandler who is part of our core.

2012 is the wild card. Like I said, 2 free agencies before that and you would think that pick will be AT LEAST out of the lottery.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I misread your post which is why I edited it out. My bad but if we are picking in those spots 2010 did fail but i'm not certain the trade failed. If the picks are protected and we get a top pick like let's say the first overall I might even say this trade was a success because it allowed us to completely restart gain cap relief and get a potential superstar instead of having to keep paying mediocre players and drafting around 6-10.

But if we lost our pick to houston and got no FAs you're right, this would be disaster.

Just a thought.

Appreciate it cheezinmypocket

True about that pick, only if its a #1 though. Would suck to get something like 2-8 only to watch it go to houston for a 30 game T-Mac rental.

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Rockers raped this deadline, with Dallas also getting great value, but Bulls and Knicks trades could pay dividends in the future, potentially huge dividends.

NyCsPoRtS1
02-18-2010, 05:42 PM

8 yrs of trash almost all gone in 1and a half yrs? great job donnie:clap: the knicks will be back with bosh and johnson on the big stage (or bron) lol prolly not tho

Draco
02-18-2010, 05:44 PM

When does Deja Vu kick in?

The Knick's might not be as bad as they once were under Isiah but the larger point is that both GMs are gambling with the Knick's draft picks. At least Walsh isn't also gambling with Dolan's money.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Yo Tony_Starks!!!

Peep the sig!!!!!!!!!!

elizur
02-18-2010, 05:45 PM
MSG - you are one of the few Knicks fans on here that isn't taking 100% for granted that your team is getting 2 top tier free agents this off season.

Cheers.

Even if they do not get two free agents next year, they are still in a good spot. Donnie has gotten us out from under Isiahs stupidity. Walsh is not that stupid. He knows what he is doing. He is not going to fill our cap with mediocre payers just to spend the money. Bottom line, there are enough players available to start building a good team regardless if it does not happen in a quick two signings.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 05:46 PM
When does Deja Vu kick in?

The Knick's might not be as bad as they once were under Isiah but the larger point is that both GMs are gambling with the Knick's draft picks. At least Walsh isn't also gambling with Dolan's money.
There is no Deja_Vu... Isiah was 4-5 years away from being under the cap and sent picks out with no protection.

Walsh sent out a similar deal at the chance at having the most money to spend during the greatest free agency class of all time.

Just a bit different.

Kyben36
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Bulls win long term, I see them being better now, and being better come 2010, becasue they will be more atractive for a big FA.

Now, IF NY can get some big FA, then sure.

The knicks had the better deal though, they got back Tmac and got rid of a player they didnt want.

$ NyC $
02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Can't wait to see what Hill can do, see if he was worth it or not.

Draco
There is no Deja_Vu... Isiah was 4-5 years away from being under the cap and sent picks out with no protection.

Walsh sent out a similar deal at the chance at having the most money to spend during the greatest free agency class of all time.

Just a bit different.

If you're assuming the Knick's will get a FA that makes it worth the draft picks they just traded (protected, or not).

I'm only trading picks if I immediately get a player in return.. that's just me.

Madness23
plz someone explains to me how can we call a team a winner when it gets worse ???

i mean those 2 teams are making a gamble & if they don't get lucky throught free agency then you call them the worst managed franchises in the NBA ! as simple as that

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Knicks are the only losers of this trade deadline.

Rockets make out like bandits.

Bucks did a nice job and after 2011 they have a ton of cap space to build around Jennings/Bogut.

Bulls also did a nice job, they really didn't downgrade while clearing cap space and the enigma that we would have let go for nothing in the off season.

Kings made an interesting deal, they needed a big and are flush with perimeter scorers so I think they did a good job getting real value for Martin.

Cavs should have added Troy Murphy instead of Jamison but if Indiana demanded JJ Hickson then obviously the Jamison deal is more favorable.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 05:53 PM
If you're assuming the Knick's will get a FA that makes it worth the draft picks they just traded (protected, or not).

I'm only trading picks if I have an asset in hand.. that's just me.
Part of it.

The gamble is vastly different. Curry was an unproven player.

The Knicks are sure to sign a few players and should improve (not necessarily max players).

I have no doubt that they are better off with the strategy they started 2 years ago, than staying pat with Crawford, Randolph and Jeffries (who all ran through 2011). They didn't exactly give up years of contending for a championship...

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
He pulled an Isiah move himself. What did he clean up? Jeffries 6.4 million, at what expense? Two #1 draft picks and getting your lottery pick moved back to like 20 or so?

Well if we get those 2 max free agents then Rockets Pick would be in the 20s and Hill didn't really impress me at all i prefer jennings. and we have a young pg who is better than Duhon so it's all good.

Draco
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Part of it.

The gamble is vastly different. Curry was an unproven player.

The Knicks are sure to sign a few players and should improve (not necessarily max players).

I have no doubt that they are better off with the strategy they started 2 years ago, than staying pat with Crawford, Randolph and Jeffries (who all ran through 2011). They didn't exactly give up years of contending for a championship...

Agreed.. Walsh won't look as bad as Isiah if they crap out in FA.. He'll just look bad.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Agreed.. Walsh won't look as bad as Isiah if they crap out in FA.. He'll just look bad.
Can't possibly "crap out".... at the very least the Knicks are left with flexibility and options they haven't had in over a decade.

akagiredsuns
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM

And to reunite with D'Antoni and his offensive minded system. A perfect fit for him. :)

richiesaurus310
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
I think the Clippers don't get enough credit for their moves in anticipation of free agency 2010. They'll have cap to sign a max contract too. Also they have their 2010 first round pick and Blake Griffin will be there next year.

B. Davis
E. Gordon
FREE AGENT
B. Griffin
C. Kaman

First round pick

0nekhmer
02-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I dont understand some of your logic miami fans. Bosh wants to play with a better(heat) team? when his raptors are playing better than them? if anything Wade would rather come here and play for a winning team

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Knicks are the only losers of this trade deadline.

Rockets make out like bandits.

Bucks did a nice job and after 2011 they have a ton of cap space to build around Jennings/Bogut.

Bulls also did a nice job, they really didn't downgrade while clearing cap space and the enigma that we would have let go for nothing in the off season.

Kings made an interesting deal, they needed a big and are flush with perimeter scorers so I think they did a good job getting real value for Martin.

Cavs should have added Troy Murphy instead of Jamison but if Indiana demanded JJ Hickson then obviously the Jamison deal is more favorable.

:facepalm:

cheezinmypocket
02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
And to reunite with D'Antoni and his offensive minded system. A perfect fit for him. :)

I think that had a bit more to do with the 2 time MVP, Nash, than it did with D'Antoni. So unless Nash is coming over to NY as well Amare is going to be nothing special.

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I dont understand some of your logic miami fans. Bosh wants to play with a better(heat) team? when his raptors are playing better than them? if anything Wade would rather come here and play for a winning team

Both teams are done in the first round. The difference is, the Heat have Wade + ton of cap space + Beasley + 2 first round picks.

The Heat can add Bosh, the Raptors can't add anyone.

Raptors don't even have a 1st round pick this year, their team will be virtually the same next year.

ChiSox219
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
:facepalm:

The Knicks gave up 3 future assets. They could've had a max and re-signed DLee. Instead, they will have enough for two maxes but Lebron, Wade, and Bosh aren't going to NY and they are the only guys worth a max deal.

metsbulls1025
02-18-2010, 06:13 PM
LMAO at people being able to say Player A wants to play with Player B and there is no way Player C is leaving.

How about some facts. In 2010 LBJ, Chris Bosh, Amre Stoudamire, Joe Johnson, Dwayne Wade, Carlos Boozer, and a handful of others are FA. There is not 1 player that can honestly tell you what his mind set is during the season because it would interrupt his current situation with whatever team he is on. I don't understand how people can just be like Dwayne Wade isn't leaving Miami and so since Chris Bosh wants to play with Dwayne Wade Bosh is a lock to be member of the heat. Honestly I don't see a lot of teams outside of the Knicks trying to give out 2 max contracts. I compare it to having two 100 million dollar pitchers on your staff. If one goes down, your hands are tied to put anymore money into your pitching staff.

Giaps
02-18-2010, 06:14 PM
The Knicks gave up 3 future assets. They could've had a max and re-signed DLee. Instead, they will have enough for two maxes but Lebron, Wade, and Bosh aren't going to NY and they are the only guys worth a max deal.
2 assets. They are swapping 1.

And I know very little right now about Sergio Rodriguez, JR Giddens, Bill Walker and even Tracy McGrady.

Ovratd1up
02-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Wade + Bosh + Beasely + Other free agents > current and future Raptors.

Draco
02-18-2010, 06:16 PM
LMAO at people being able to say Player A wants to play with Player B and there is no way Player C is leaving.

How about some facts. In 2010 LBJ, Chris Bosh, Amre Stoudamire, Joe Johnson, Dwayne Wade, Carlos Boozer, and a handful of others are FA. There is not 1 player that can honestly tell you what his mind set is during the season because it would interrupt his current situation with whatever team he is on. I don't understand how people can just be like Dwayne Wade isn't leaving Miami and so since Chris Bosh wants to play with Dwayne Wade Bosh is a lock to be member of the heat. Honestly I don't see a lot of teams outside of the Knicks trying to give out 2 max contracts. I compare it to having two 100 million dollar pitchers on your staff. If one goes down, your hands are tied to put anymore money into your pitching staff.

How many other teams need to have cap space for 2 max contracts? The Bull's with Rose, Deng and Noah? The Nets with Lopez and Harris? The Clippers, maybe? Out of all the teams with FA money, the Knick's are the least talented. In other words, they're a team-building-step behind those other teams.

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 06:19 PM

Many label Hill a bust if you seen him play he really doesn't wow you. If we do get some good players this summer wouldn't our draft picks have lil value. And what if tracy and sergio play well wouldn't that be be better than duhon ?

shep33
02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Knicks actually got rid of 9 million and got McGrady, which isn't bad at all. I don't know if that's counting anything they save from the Robinson deal. But Knicks have basically set their minds on trying to get 2 good players in the summer. Don't know if it works, but really they weren't gonna be good anytime soon with the contracts they had, at least Donnie gave them a chance to be good sooner than later. I know they got rid of basically 3 first rounders (Jordan Hill too) but still the draft next year is suppose to be weak, and they have restrictions on their picks (i think top 5 protected in one of them). I don't mind the move byNYC as much as I initially saw it.

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 06:22 PM
How many other teams need to have cap space for 2 max contracts? The Bull's with Rose, Deng and Noah? The Nets with Lopez and Harris? The Clippers, maybe? Out of all the teams with FA money, the Knick's are the least talented. In other words, they're a team-building-step behind those other teams.

Wilson Chandler and Gallo have talent Gallo need to stop Chucking 3 pointers and Wilson is better than what many people think. and we just got some other players from the Nate Robinson trade maybe 1 of them might be a Gem and bring winning attitudes. Not saying we are going to get anyone in the summer but at least give Knicks some credit.

metsbulls1025
02-18-2010, 06:25 PM
The only people who like what the Knicks have done are people in NY. Why is that? Well because for the past 3 years they have been brainwashed into thinking they could be able to add to max players to a roster that will have 3 players on it come July 1 and no first round pick this year or in 2012.

ldc62
02-18-2010, 06:30 PM
I think the Clippers don't get enough credit for their moves in anticipation of free agency 2010. They'll have cap to sign a max contract too. Also they have their 2010 first round pick and Blake Griffin will be there next year.

B. Davis
E. Gordon
FREE AGENT
B. Griffin
C. Kaman

First round pick

Who do you think will seriously go to the clippers? That being said, Gay could be a good fit.

J Lay
02-18-2010, 06:30 PM
i wouldnt say they were big winners but they did a solid job creating cap space. Considering lebron james and dywane wade WILL NOT be going anywhere they are stayin in cleveland and miami. So it all comes down to which teams will get bosh, amare and joe johnson.

ldc62
02-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Both teams are done in the first round. The difference is, the Heat have Wade + ton of cap space + Beasley + 2 first round picks.

The Heat can add Bosh, the Raptors can't add anyone.

Raptors don't even have a 1st round pick this year, their team will be virtually the same next year.

Lets just hope Bosh agrees to a S&T, when the time comes.

J Lay
02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Who do you think will seriously go to the clippers? That being said, Gay could be a good fit.

rudy gay would be a great fit for the clippers. However, i hope richard hamilton and tayshaun prince get traded in the offseason to clear up cap space, get draft picks or some decent talent back in return either one i dont care. But i hope the pistons get rudy gay, cuz he is dope.

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 06:35 PM
The only people who like what the Knicks have done are people in NY. Why is that? Well because for the past 3 years they have been brainwashed into thinking they could be able to add to max players to a roster that will have 3 players on it come July 1 and no first round pick this year or in 2012.

That's OK better than what we had in recent years. We kept chandler Gallo our 2 best young players. and TD a unproven Rookie. we lost Hill but many label him a bust JJ is a good help defender but he on the court is like 4 on 5 on offense and Larry hughe who wasn't even playing. It's not the best trade but it gives use flexibility.

Verbal Christ
02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
how are the rockets not big winners today? they've positioned themselves to be problems for everyone else for the next 5 years.

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 06:38 PM
how are the rockets not big winners today? they've positioned themselves to be problems for everyone else for the next 5 years.

Rockets are the big winners. But that being said it's not like the Knicks are the biggest loser. Not like we traded for drew gooden.

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 07:03 PM
:dance:

jetsfan89
02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
you guys need to remember that Isiah had alot of crap on his roster.

elizur
02-18-2010, 10:24 PM

wait so the Knicks could have signed a max player and Lee ,but since we can sign two now that means no max player will sign with us?

dwadefan03
02-18-2010, 10:41 PM
no offense to knick fans but ireally dnt see why they cleared up spots for 2 max free agents when it doesnt even look like theyre going to get one. in all seriousness the market is pretty much beggining to close. Bosh may be staying, if cleveland gets past the ECF Lebron might stay, Amare said MIA is his 1st choice and hes def. not staying in Phx, so that leaves them with carlos boozer and solid players like felton at best.

If i was a knick fan id be kicking myself, those picks were alot more valuable than freeing up cap space

Slimsim
02-18-2010, 10:45 PM
no offense to knick fans but ireally dnt see why they cleared up spots for 2 max free agents when it doesnt even look like theyre going to get one. in all seriousness the market is pretty much beggining to close. Bosh may be staying, if cleveland gets past the ECF Lebron might stay, Amare said MIA is his 1st choice and hes def. not staying in Phx, so that leaves them with carlos boozer and solid players like felton at best.

If i was a knick fan id be kicking myself, those picks were alot more valuable than freeing up cap space

Knicks Suck at drafting epcially with Lottery picks Chandler,lee and Nate were all late first round picks. Sweetney Frye Hill Gallo :facepalm:

Chronz
02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
now lets not get ahead of ourselves here. martin has been battling injuries this season. he is still owed 35 million dollars for the next couple years and the rockets just traded possibly their best front court player and possible 6th man of the year candidate in carl landry. i think they did alright, but if your with most of the knicks fans and you assume the knicks will sign two super stars in the summer the pick in 2011 they could get from the knicks wont be that good. they did alright, but i think giving up landry was a mistake.
You do realize Martin is better than Landry and that they gave up a guy they werent even playing. I would agree had they not gotten a backup 4 with potential but they got that and more.

ya_boi
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Houston raped the Knicks. Point blank...

mike_noodles
02-18-2010, 11:10 PM

Lol, no superstars and no lottery picks until 2013.

I hope the Knicks do get at least one big free agent this summer because I love to hate them, and its not nearly as much fun hating them when they are such a crappy team.

redhorse
02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Is it true Houston and the knicks swapped '11 and '12 picks and are top 5 protected?

MGB
02-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Lets just hope Bosh agrees to a S&T, when the time comes.

I would think that's extremely unlikely if he cares about winning. In a s&t scenario, he makes a bit more money (just a rough guess, but around 10M on like a 120M+ contract?), but the team he would be traded to would lose significant pieces in acquiring him.

Take the Bulls or Heat for example; if he went to one of those teams in a s&t, the Bulls would probably have to part with someone like Deng or Noah and the Heat would probably have to part with a guy like Beasley. 1st round picks would be included in either scenario and leaves the team receiving Bosh in worse shape than if he were to just sign with that team on his own.

koreancabbage
02-19-2010, 12:12 AM
I would think that's extremely unlikely if he cares about winning. In a s&t scenario, he makes a bit more money (just a rough guess, but around 10M on like a 120M+ contract?), but the team he would be traded to would lose significant pieces in acquiring him.

Take the Bulls or Heat for example; if he went to one of those teams in a s&t, the Bulls would probably have to part with someone like Deng or Noah and the Heat would probably have to part with a guy like Beasley. 1st round picks would be included in either scenario and leaves the team receiving Bosh in worse shape than if he were to just sign with that team on his own.

Bosh is only 25, turning 26 in March. He's gonna want the money first. And with him saying that he should be a guy to build around, meaning he wants the money.

what do you mean? Bosh is better than all those players from each team respectively. the team who receives Bosh is gonna get the best player in the deal. Yes, you lost players but you gain a top tier PF in the game... so i don't know what you're trying to say. Bosh would immediately help the team receiving him and the team would be the better team with Bosh - basically, the team receiving Bosh in the sign and trade is in better shape than having the players they are giving away... so your theory is flawed...

Pierzynski4Prez
02-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Bosh is only 25, turning 26 in March. He's gonna want the money first. And with him saying that he should be a guy to build around, meaning he wants the money.

what do you mean? Bosh is better than all those players from each team respectively. the team who receives Bosh is gonna get the best player in the deal. Yes, you lost players but you gain a top tier PF in the game... so i don't know what you're trying to say. Bosh would immediately help the team receiving him and the team would be the better team with Bosh - basically, the team receiving Bosh in the sign and trade is in better shape than having the players they are giving away... so your theory is flawed...

He was saying if Bosh cared more about winning than Money, and wanted to go to a team like Miami or Chicago, why would he force a sign and trade when he could simply just sign on his own. He loses a bit of money, but doesn't force the team he's joining to give up its best players and future picks. Pretty easy to understand.

mike_noodles
02-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Actually the number is more like $30 million over the span of a six year deal (They can offer him a slightly bigger raise each season and an extra year that will be in the $22 million range alone).

Fanthrwthknthn
02-19-2010, 08:41 AM
meh

MGB
02-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Actually the number is more like $30 million over the span of a six year deal (They can offer him a slightly bigger raise each season and an extra year that will be in the $22 million range alone).

Aaah, ya you're right, I forgot about the extra year.