PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte/Indiana Working On Trade

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Charlotte and Indiana in serious talks on deal that would send T.J. Ford to Bobcats for package that includes D.J. Augustine, source says.

http://twitter.com/wojyahooNBA

Am I the only person who realizes how bad TJ Ford is as a PG? This guy ruins so many posessions when he pulls up and misses a shot.

Ragun
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM

Am I the only person who realizes how bad TJ Ford is as a PG? This guy ruins so many posessions when he pulls up and misses a shot.

he did the same thing in toronto and was awesome at it. he is still shooting 47% from the field.

Tymer
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
T.J. is nice and that pull up jumper he has is deadly but can he take the bench role behind Ray?

I guess Larry Brown won't take any of his sh**

Ragun
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
T.J. is nice and that pull up jumper he has is deadly but can he take the bench role behind Ray?

tj ford will take any spot because he was not playing in indiana. he was their best or 2nd best pg but didnt get any minutes. maybe he didnt fit in their system.

this trade works out for both teams.

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
i ****ing love DJ Augustin. Has the skills to be an all star point guard. I wish the Suns would make a trade for him. Barbosa? uugh. But anways. Itd be a huge mistake for the Bobcats to trade DJ

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM

That pull up jumper is deadly to an offense's rhythm, for a guy who has the ball handling, speed, and vision to get others involved as a pass first PG he settles too much IMO on taking bad shots when that isnt his role to do so.

Stunner
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
That would be big and i mean big for Indy.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
i ****ing love DJ Augustin. Has the skills to be an all star point guard. I wish the Suns would make a trade for him. Barbosa? uugh. But anways. Itd be a huge mistake for the Bobcats to trade DJ

DJ Augustin is good, but I never thought of him as starting material. Hes a quick PG with good handles with range, but its hard for guys like him to become stars at his size.

Ragun
02-18-2010, 03:42 PM
That pull up jumper is deadly to an offense's rhythm, for a guy who has the ball handling, speed, and vision to get others involved as a pass first PG he settles too much IMO on taking bad shots when that isnt his role to do so.

he does do that...he has a good mid range shot.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Update on the trade:

Charlotte and Indiana is close, but sources say not done. FIve players for now, including Ford and Rush for Augustine, Henderson and Nazr.

Charlotte giving up on Henderson already? Larry Brown really must dislike the guy, I thought Henderson would've been a good fit considering his athletic ability and defense.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
TJ and DJ r nice!@

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
texas longhorn point guard swapped for texas longhorn point guard hhahah

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:45 PM
he does do that...he has a good mid range shot.

He hasnt been doing that in Indiana, that was what I was mentioning.

Hes only averaging 3 APG, which is crazy considering he was/is a starting PG.

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 03:50 PM
They should just Trade Nazr,DJ and Henderson for Rush and Troy Murphy

Romo2Bryant
02-18-2010, 03:50 PM
interesting..

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM

Bobcats already have Diaw and Tyrus...they don't need Murphy

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Bobcats already have Diaw and Tyrus...they don't need Murphy

I forgot they got Tyrus today..You right.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM

They already have Diaw in terms of a 4 who can stretch the floor with range, and Diaw also has the versatility to play the 3.

ombada
02-18-2010, 03:58 PM

Undervaluing Murphy much? there is no way bird does that deal... he said that murph was being shopped but that unless they really like the deal they dont "need" to get rid of him, and its because he will be easier to move in the summer when his contract becomes an expiring...or they could hold onto him until summer 2011 when his contract dunleavy's contract and the rest of tinsleys buyout comes off the books. With our current roster over 40 mil would come off in 2011.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Im loving this tweet.

Charlotte has been insisting that they won't do a deal here, and time is running out. One final Larry Bird-Michael Jordan showdown?

Jordan and Bird having a showdown over the phone in their offices, rather than on the basketball court.

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Undervaluing Murphy much? there is no way bird does that deal... he said that murph was being shopped but that unless they really like the deal they dont "need" to get rid of him, and its because he will be easier to move in the summer when his contract becomes an expiring...or they could hold onto him until summer 2011 when his contract dunleavy's contract and the rest of tinsleys buyout comes off the books. With our current roster over 40 mil would come off in 2011.

Well Nazr, Dj and Henderson would come off the books also so it wouldn't ruin the plans for 2011 for the Pacers. And I thought Bird was just trying to get rid of Murphy.

Young2Kinsler
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Dallas coulda used a backup PG since Jim Carey won't play Roddy B

jacquewho?
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
No Charlotte-Pacers deal, according to multiple sources. Wo

-Mike Wells Twitter

DAMNIT BIRD

Fresno
02-18-2010, 04:14 PM
-Mike Wells Twitter

DAMNIT BIRD

Jordan won the staredown over Bird, Jordan probably wanted a pick or something because that was a good deal for both teams.

Both teams got better with that deal.

jacquewho?
02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Jordan won the staredown over Bird, Jordan probably wanted a pick or something because that was a good deal for both teams.

Both teams got better with that deal.

No kiddin, I really liked that for the Pacers. Like A LOT.

ombada
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
No kiddin, I really liked that for the Pacers. Like A LOT.

why wasnt this discussed earlier?! i hate that there is a deadline... :mad:

cardinals1226
02-18-2010, 05:16 PM
why wasnt this discussed earlier?! i hate that there is a deadline... :mad:

Let's just hope before the draf both teams can regenerate this trade. Augustine, Henderson, Nazr for Rush, Ford would have been an amazing trade. A very nice PG prospect, a sharp-shooter with good defense, and a bigman with defense. I wish this trade would have gone down.

homestarunner93
02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Let's just hope before the draf both teams can regenerate this trade. Augustine, Henderson, Nazr for Rush, Ford would have been an amazing trade. A very nice PG prospect, a sharp-shooter with good defense, and a bigman with defense. I wish this trade would have gone down.

Gerald Henderson isn't a sharp shooter, he's a ****** shooter. He's an athletic slasher who plays good defense.