PDA

View Full Version : Heat engaged in "serious owner level discussions" regarding Carlos Boozer

magikmc
02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/20121297

Spurned in their efforts to land Amar'e Stoudemire, the Miami Heat are engaged in "serious, owner-level" discussions to land Utah power forward Carlos Boozer, sources told CBSSports.com.

The talks brought to a head a season-long disagreement among Jazz officials as to what should be done with Boozer, in the final year of his contract at $12.7 million -- a luxury tax burden on the Jazz. Coach Jerry Sloan, recognizing how well the team has played with the combination of Boozer and Paul Millsap, has been lobbying to keep him. But ownership, mindful of a massive tax bill that will be due at the end of the season, has been exploring ways to shed Boozer's contract. One way to do it would be to recruit the Wizards as a third teamin the scenario. Washington just acquired several expiring contracts in the Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison deal and could be looking to further accelerate its rebuilding.

king4day
02-18-2010, 02:55 PM
I had read on one of the ESPN tweets that it was too complicated to make happen before the deadline.

Bucsfan
02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
cmon heat make a better offer!!!

I think it shoudl be beasley+haslem and a first for boozer

Fresno
02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Yep. Heat are now looking stupid without picking up Amare.

Jazz playing really well right now. Needed a replacement for Boozer (Haslem) + upside (pick or player). Miami hasn't offered latter ...yet

Heat being awfully protective of 2 mid first round picks. They're trying to build a title contender. Those picks won't get minutes.

http://twitter.com/Chadfordinsider

Heat are currently sitting on the #16 and #18 picks in the NBA Draft.

Projected players to those Picks:

#16 - Armon Johnson
#18 - Larry Sanders

DeadMemories
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Hope the heat pick him up. But he's definitely no Amare.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
cmon heat make a better offer!!!

I think it shoudl be beasley+haslem and a first for boozer

Are you serious?:eyebrow:

VCaintdead17
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
I would think that Haslem, a first, Chalmers and Wright would do the trick. Utah gets an expiring/solid role player in Haslem, and two young player with upsides in Chalmers and Wright, plus a first.

Bucsfan
02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Are you serious?:eyebrow:

yes im serious, how bad to the heat want help? if they want it bad enough i guarantee that is close to what teh jazz are wanting, we have what they want, we hold the chips

Big Zo
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
yes im serious, how bad to the heat want help? if they want it bad enough i guarantee that is close to what teh jazz are wanting, we have what they want, we hold the chips

They can shove Boozer up their *** if that's what they want.

Bucsfan
02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
in that case i hope even more he gets traded to your mediocre team

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM

Im glad you're not a GM. If you think the asking price for Boozer is Beasley/Haslem + Picks then you're really overvaluing your own talent, it doesn't matter if Utah has the leverage. If Utah is interested in moving Boozer they have an idea of what they want in return, now trying to force Miami to make an unreasonable offer.

Why would Utah want Beasley? Beasley doesn't seem like a Jerry Sloan type of player at all, character issues, questions of his immaturity, doesn't hustle, doesn't crash the boards consistently as a 4, etc.

BuffsFan
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bucsfan

That is way to much to give for a guy you know you are going to lose at the end of the year anyway. You should be lucky to get something out of him while you can. If they want that much the heat will just wait and sign him this off-season and you wont get anything.

uchiha
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
hahahahahahahha.. Beasley, Haslem, and a first rounder

Big Zo
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
in that case i hope even more he gets traded to your mediocre team

They might not be very good right now, but they'll probably win another championship before the Jazz.

Lo Porto
02-18-2010, 03:47 PM
A fair trade would be Haslem and one or two of Miami's middle first round draft picks. That way, Utah gets a PF to replace some of Boozer, draft considerations and they get under the luxury. If Utah takes any more than Haslem, this trade doesn't get them under the luxury making the trade worthless.

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Well they better hurry time is winding down.

DaBUU
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
They might not be very good right now, but they'll probably win another championship before the Jazz.

highly doubt that

king4day
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
They wouldn't give up Beasley for Amar'e, so there's no way they will for Boozer.

Lo Porto
02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Wright and Utah's 2nd to Memphis
Chalmers to the Wiz for one of their exceptions
Haslem and Miami's 2 1st round picks to Utah
Boozer to Miami

That would seem fair to me.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
They wouldn't give up Beasley for Amar'e, so there's no way they will for Boozer.

The reports say Phoenix was not interested in Beasley.

Beasley's stock really must have took a hit with his off the court issues.

FroMontana
02-18-2010, 04:06 PM
A fair trade would be Haslem and one or two of Miami's middle first round draft picks. That way, Utah gets a PF to replace some of Boozer, draft considerations and they get under the luxury. If Utah takes any more than Haslem, this trade doesn't get them under the luxury making the trade worthless.

As a Heat fan, Haslem + 1st seems fair to me.

futureman
02-18-2010, 04:10 PM
That is way to much to give for a guy you know you are going to lose at the end of the year anyway. You should be lucky to get something out of him while you can. If they want that much the heat will just wait and sign him this off-season and you wont get anything.

Yes we do. We get New Yorks draft pick.

Lo Porto
02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
The HEAT could just sign Boozer this summer, but his Bird Rights are the value here. They could sign him to longer with those rights.

And it looks obvious that Boozer makes Wade's decision a little easier. With only Beasley and crap, why would Wade want to come back?

Let's just hope something gets done because neither Miami or Utah is contending this year as is.

Bucsfan
02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Yes we do. We get New Yorks draft pick.

he meant we get nothing for boozer, i only mentioned beasley because that was mentioned last summer, that beasley may have been involved, jazz dont really use a full use for him, except maybe a backup SF/PF when needed

too late now though, teams will remain the same it appears

Wrigleyboy25
02-18-2010, 04:31 PM
still only word of them trying

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4925142

Giraffes Rule
02-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't know why the Heat love Beasley so much. I don't think he's ever going to be a star player, I would have traded him in a heartbeat to get Amare or Boozer.

jimbobjarree
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
haha retards in Miami thinking they could land Boozer for Q Brick and Haslem :pity:

Kakaroach
02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Ross Siler is reporting the reports were exaggerated. And thank goodness.

Big Zo
02-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't know why the Heat love Beasley so much. I don't think he's ever going to be a star player, I would have traded him in a heartbeat to get Amare or Boozer.

Because he can shoot, rebound, and is still only 21. Most players don't enter the NBA until they're 22.