PDA

View Full Version : Official: T-Mac to NY, K-Mart to Houston, Landry to Sac-town

znick21
02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Kings send TMac and Rodriguez to NY, Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill, Jared Jeffries and picks to HOU and Larry Hughes, Landry and Dorsey to Sac, source says

@chadfordinsider Knicks gave up A LOT for extra $9.5 mil in space. Hill, a Top 1 protected in 2011 and Top 5 protected in 2012. They better get 'Bron

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

Kakaroach
02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
The Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks have agreed to terms that will expand the Houston-Sacramento deal into a three-way trade that lands Tracy McGrady with the Knicks, according to NBA front-office sources.

The Knicks will acquire McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez from Sacramento, sources said.

The Rockets get Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries from New York and will have the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011 as well as take on New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Sacramento obtains Houston's Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey and New York's Larry Hughes. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

xbrackattackx
They finally got him!

GodsSon
This should be interesting

Meth
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Wow.. nothing more to say to that.

futureman
The Jazz are the only real winners in this trade. Thank you Rockets and Kings for being so stupid.

JayW_1023
If I were T-Mac i'd focus on getting 10, 6 and 7 off 45% shooting instead of 17 ppg with 38% shooting. That's the only way he can make that Knicks team better.

Draco
02-18-2010, 02:26 PM
The million dollar question... were the lotto picks draft protected?

ldc62
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
The Jazz are the only real winners in this trade. Thank you Rockets and Kings for being so stupid.

:facepalm: They get 2 draft picks and hill for Landry. And Cancer (Tmac) for KMart. How was that a bad trade for the Rockets? Unless you still think Tmac is who he use to be... which he is probably not.

Ragun
02-18-2010, 02:28 PM
i think kings could of got more for kevin martin. but they do free up some cap space.

ldc62
02-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the picks and Hill NY... if Rick can make Landry this good, imagine what he can do with Hill.

Ragun
02-18-2010, 02:29 PM
rockets get an awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome deal. props to morey.

dont like it for the kings.

AI4MVP
the most underrated part of this deal is Sergio Rodriguez to the Knicks. Hes incredibally skilled and as a suns fan ive always wanted him as our backup pg. Hes guna do great in that offense. He should be the starting point guard. I can see him averaging 15 ppg and 8 apg starting for the knicks

Fresno
Wow.

I dont know what else to say regarding this deal. What is Donnie Walsh thinking? He should've atleast packaged Eddy Curry in the deal if he was going to give up so much.

wileyisTOFU

lol, yeah. Keep winning those titles Utah :laugh2:

OG "Dee" LOCc
02-18-2010, 02:31 PM
It was all for the best.

knicks09
Whooo !!!!!

AI4MVP
and wow the knicks gave up on jordan hill pretty fast. i know hes a complete bust but a "lottery pick" is a pretty good through in. big ups to the rockets

xabial
Thanks for the picks and Hill NY... if Rick can make Landry this good, imagine what he can do with Hill.

Ummm... Most reports say Hills not in it...

znick21
the most underrated part of this deal is Sergio Rodriguez to the Knicks. Hes incredibally skilled and as a suns fan ive always wanted him as our backup pg. Hes guna do great in that offense. He should be the starting point guard. I can see him averaging 15 ppg and 8 apg starting for the knicks

there's no way sergio rodriguez comes close to averaging 15 a game. his shot is horrible.

ellisgw
:facepalm: They get 2 draft picks and hill for Landry. And Cancer (Tmac) for KMart. How was that a bad trade for the Rockets? Unless you still think Tmac is who he use to be... which he is probably not.

kings are looking good in this trade.

Raph12
I don't like Jeffries, but I do like everything else in this trade for the Rockets.

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Knicks and Rockets made out like bandits...Kings just got out of Martins 5 year deal and got to young talents I feel they could have did a little better but not a bad deal for the party's involved.

JayW_1023
02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
The Kings win this trade...they get a guy who is tough as nails and will help than on both ends. Landry is prolly the best role player big in the league...he always brings it. Hughes' game comes and goes...Dorsey is a rugged rebounder who has made some strides lately.

The Rox lose some of what made them overachieve in the first place. Kevin Martins helps their scoring...but their D will take a huge hit. And therefor the Rox will prolly plunge in the standings. Jeffries is a strictly finesse player who plays spidery defense on occasion...but he doesn't do anything Ariza can't do better.

The Knicks get a former all-star who should focus on fitting in instead of trying to recapture past glory. I don't know which T-Mac we will see. Intruiging...but risky, since T-mac is an injury waiting to happen. Not sure if this makes them better. They won't be a playoff team either way. Rodriguez will enjoy playing in D'Antoni's firedrill offense.

STAT1
02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
I feel like the knicks just changed their whole roster. They made a couple trades today.

arkanian215
02-18-2010, 02:35 PM

aint sergio turnover prone?

Ragun
02-18-2010, 02:35 PM
there's no way sergio rodriguez comes close to averaging 15 a game. his shot is horrible.

i would rather have him run the offense than duhon.

Draco
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
anyone got the 411 on those lotto picks? any draft protection?

arkanian215
Whooo !!!!!

nice move for the knicks. the price for cap space was worth it. those picks could be late lottery if all goes according to plan. it's risky but i like it. gotta have that extra cap space.

Fresno
Am I the only one who thinks the Kings will buyout Larry Hughes? There is no room for him in the backcourt with Francisco Garcia/Donte Greene or they could move Tyreke to his natural SG position.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
i would rather have him run the offense than duhon.

I would also.

Duhon is trash as a starter, hes a decent backup at best.

Hellcrooner
Good a new psd forum to patrol around :)

Now you Spanish Chocolate bust prove me wrong and turn me again into a believer.

If you cant make it over DUhon and House in a team whose system fits to perfection your "abilities" you are the definitive scumbag.

AI4MVP
wait i have a quick question...

WAT THE FCK ARE THE KNICKS DOING?!?!?! they gave up there lottery pick this AND tehre 2011 first round pick?!? that pick could be top 5. is there any protection on it?? who knows if the knicks hit gold in free agency this summer. theres no guarantee that that 2011 pick is not harrison barnes, perry jones, or brandon knight. and for who?? an aging player that may or may not put up 15 a game, and a very solid point guard

tMoNEy24
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Kings Get Landry who is a Beast , They also get him back next year for 3 mil. They also KEPT Kenny Thomas and Hilton And now getting Hughes will give them around 20 mil to expire. John Hollinger on Espn said kings will have enough to sign a Max and a quality bench player if they choose. I like it

ldc62
kings are looking good in this trade.

They did alright. Now they have cap space to sign close to a max (doubtful Bosh, Lebron or Wade would sign with them, so maybe a Rudy Gay or something). I thought they coulda gotten more for KMart.

AI4MVP
but i DO think that Sergio Rodriguez will do great in NY. Theyve been trying to get him since last years draft. Watch. Sergio Rodriguez will have a bigger impact then TMAC

wileyisTOFU
The Kings win this trade...they get a guy who is tough as nails and will help than on both ends. Landry is prolly the best role player big in the league...he always brings it.

The Rox lose some of what made them overachieve in the first place. Kevin Martins helps their scoring...but their D will take a huge hit. And therefor the Rox will prolly plunge in the standings.

The Knicks get a former all-star who should focus on fitting in instead of trying to recapture past glory. I don't know which T-Mac we will see. Intruiging...but risky, since T-mac is an injury waiting to happen. Not sure if this makes them better. They won't be a playoff team either way.

No doubt Landry is a stud and the kings are lucky to get him. however, his D isn't as good as your giving him credit for, Hes a undersized PF, Hes the basically the best player on lottery team before the trade. Also he was a second round draft pick because of knee "concerns". So when you think about it, Morey basically turned a 2nd round pick into Martin. oh yeah and were stacked at PF and just picked up Jordan Hill, so yeah the Kings didn't win this trade.

C-Van
02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Solid trade for the Kings and Rockets. Kevin Martin wasn't working out very well at all with Tyreke evans, so they bring in a very good role player in Carl Landry.

As for the Rockets, they get a stud scorer in Kevin Martin, a solid big man, who wasn't being used at all in NY in Jordan Hill (has ALLOT of potential, and I think he can flourish under Rick Adelman, I know he has yet to do anything big, but remember, this is the guy that around this time last year, allot of draft experts had him going 3rd or 4th in the draft, up until about mid-March). AND two great picks to build with. If I were a Rockets fan, I would be very impressed with this trade, and with the bright future.

alexander_37
02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
As much as I love Landry he was a 24 year old rookie with bad knees. He's 27 now and while he may never be a superstar he will be a solid player for the next 4-5 years. We get an all star type player in K-mart to add to our team and a player with a MUCH higher ceiling than Landry and 2 good 1st round picks and a bad contract but decent defender in Jefferies

fredv
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Daryl "The Wizard" Morey has done it again!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/28/sports/28morey.1.600.jpg

dolfan720
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Who wins this trade you might ask? Well at first i was going to say the kings, but now that the Knicks got involved I beleive the Rockets win. They get a very great scorer in K-Mart, a really good backup PF in Jared Jefferies to replace Carl Landry, and Jordan Hill who has soooooo much potential to be a great player. Plus they get to swap 2011 first round picks which is huge, because the knicks will most likely have a top 5 pick. They also get the Knicks 2012 first round pick. They Knicks did well in the trade to by getting T-Mac who will be their star player and Sergio Rodriguez who will be a good backup and maybe even starter over there. Now to the Kings. The Kings get Landry who will either start, or become there six man and most likely get the most minutes in the fount court there. It gives them a huge scoring threat. He will develop into a allstar there and I wish him the best of luck. They also get big Joey Dorsey who is an excellent dunker and rebounder. He will most likely be there backup C. They also get Larry Hughs, a savy vet who can shot. He will be a good backup shooting gaurd in Sac town.

dolfan720
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Daryl "The Wizard" Morey has done it again!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/28/sports/28morey.1.600.jpg

:clap:

arkanian215
02-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Kings will buyout Larry Hughes? There is no room for him in the backcourt with Francisco Garcia/Donte Greene or they could move Tyreke to his natural SG position.
they should. we've heard him cry about it before.

IversonIsKrazy
02-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Kings & Knicks got a good deal out of it.

I still cant believe Rockets traded away their young 6th man Carl Landry, Kings got a great deal for the injury prone stud Kevin Martin. And Knicks got their Mac, while not giving up Jordan Hill, which is an accomplishment.

RaiderLakersA's
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM

I'm surprised they gave up on Sergio, too. Interesting...

dolfan720
02-18-2010, 02:45 PM
I still cant believe Rockets traded away their young 6th man Carl Landry, Kings got a great deal for the injury prone stud Kevin Martin. And Knicks got their Mac, while not giving up Jordan Hill, which is an accomplishment.

They did give up Jordan Hill...

arkanian215
Who wins this trade you might ask? Well at first i was going to say the kings, but now that the Knicks got involved I beleive the Rockets win. They get a very great scorer in K-Mart, a really good backup PF in Jared Jefferies to replace Carl Landry, and Jordan Hill who has soooooo much potential to be a great player. Plus they get to swap 2011 first round picks which is huge, because the knicks will most likely have a top 5 pick. They also get the Knicks 2012 first round pick. They Knicks did well in the trade to by getting T-Mac who will be their star player and Sergio Rodriguez who will be a good backup and maybe even starter over there. Now to the Kings. The Kings get Landry who will either start, or become there six man and most likely get the most minutes in the fount court there. It gives them a huge scoring threat. He will develop into a allstar there and I wish him the best of luck. They also get big Joey Dorsey who is an excellent dunker and rebounder. He will most likely be there backup C. They also get Larry Hughs, a savy vet who can shot. He will be a good backup shooting gaurd in Sac town.

big picture? i think the knicks. getting enough room for two max FA's is amazing for a big market team. it doesnt even matter if they land a superstar because you can really turn a team around with that kinda space and that much talent in the FA pool.

i really like landry and he'll help the kings out. he's pretty consistent so hawes ends up on the pine.

i dont think we'll figure this one out until 5+ years down the line.

right now, i like it for the kings.

wileyisTOFU
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2628/3707187635_c9e5eb9152_o.jpg
Dork Elvis does it again!

OG "Dee" LOCc
02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
ESPN's Chad Ford reports that the Knicks pick Knicks in 2011 is Top 1 protected while the 2012 pick is Top 5 protected.

tMoNEy24

To bad they did

arkanian215
ESPN's Chad Ford reports that the Knicks pick Knicks in 2011 is Top 1 protected while the 2012 pick is Top 5 protected.

nice. thanks:D

scruffmacgruff
02-18-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm very happy with this now,we get Hill(young prospect) the draft picks, and not to mention JJ could maybe become some what productive for us in a Chuck Hayes role.Even if he don't pan out then he will be a expiring piece next season.

LOL if Mcgrady can help NY win more this season it wont be good for the Jazz pick from NY

Jay22Redd
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Kinda like the deal because of the picks but hate to lose Landry. Hope Jordan Hill can make the reunion with Budinger awesome. Good luck Landry and Tmac

Bullsfan22
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Can't wait to see T-MAC prove everyone wrong.

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM

Cant wait to see his ACL explode on live TV

CityofTreez
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM

hahahahahaha

he went from one pathetic team (Kings) to another (Knicks). The only thing he'll prove everyone that he has no idea what the hell just happened!

Funniest thing about this whole trade story.
Not one of these teams are going to make a push for anything in this years NBA season. Kings benfited w/ Landry and expiring contracts, Rockets got K-Mart, Knicks got T-Mac.

I would say the Kings got the best of the Rockets, but I now have to see Larry Hughes on the team that I root for :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Fresno
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM

:laugh::laugh:

Knicks are screwed if they end up with the #2 pick in 2011. Brandon Knight will be a Rocket.

Tisoykeis
02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
wait i have a quick question...

WAT THE FCK ARE THE KNICKS DOING?!?!?! they gave up there lottery pick this AND tehre 2011 first round pick?!? that pick could be top 5. is there any protection on it?? who knows if the knicks hit gold in free agency this summer. theres no guarantee that that 2011 pick is not harrison barnes, perry jones, or brandon knight. and for who?? an aging player that may or may not put up 15 a game, and a very solid point guard

I think it is pretty obvious what the Knicks are doing. They are throwing in the towel for this year and doing a complete salary dump praying to the basketball gods that Lebron James signs with them in the offseason. It is very risky, but apparently a risk they are willing to take.

I don't think they expect much out of T-Mac and as a Jazz fan, I am pretty happy with this trade because this should insure a decent chance at the number 1 pick for the Jazz.

Although, I actually believe that the Rockets were the real winners in this trade....K-Mart, Jordan Hill (the 8th pick in last years draft has some potential), the right to swap 2011 1st round picks, and the Knicks 2012 1st round pick.......all for just getting rid of T-Mac who they didn't want anyway and tough hard-nosed player in Landry, but still what I would consider a role player. Well done Houston, you ought to be thrown in jail for this.

Definately shows how desperate the Knicks are at this point.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
hahahahahaha

he went from one pathetic team (Kings) to another (Knicks). The only thing he'll prove everyone that he has no idea what the hell just happened!

Funniest thing about this whole trade story.
Not one of these teams are going to make a push for anything in this years NBA season. Kings benfited with expiring contracts, Rockets got K-Mart, Knicks got T-Mac.

I would say the Kings got the best of the Rockets, but I now have to see Larry Hughes on the team that I root for :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Kings might buy him out considering he doesn't really fit on a young rebuilding team and would eat minutes from their current rotation.

Kings now have a solid young front court with Thompson, Hawes, & Landry. All they need is a PG to move Tyreke to the 2 and they can be in the Playoff hunt in about 1 or 2 seasons.

Lindystud36
02-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Curry better be on his way out for the knicks, Call up dallas give them curry for a hotdawg

fredv
02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
You guys don't understand, here is what the Rockets gave up:

Tmac + Landry (very good but 27 and will ask for a big contract next year)

Here is what the Rockets got in return:

Kmart + Hill + 2 1st Round Picks (one is an exchange)

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
You guys don't understand, here is what the Rockets gave up:

Tmac + Landry (very good but 27 and will ask for a big contract next year)

Here is what the Rockets got in return:

Kmart + Hill + 2 1st Round Picks (one is an exchange)

You're a little too infatuated with Josh Smith, unless you're Josh Smith, its kinda weird being a fan of a 17 year old kid.

king4day
02-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I think Sergio is a better get than Tmac. They now have a legit PG.
They should be able to play 500 ball the rest of the year.

Rskinz101
02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
wait whats going on with this trade, wheres TMAC going to some websites say hes in NY and others say hes in SAC?

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I think Sergio is a better get than Tmac. They now have a legit PG.
They should be able to play 500 ball the rest of the year.

I think you've been playing NBA 2K10 a little too much.

Rodriguez is a poor mans White Chocolate, hes fast, can make great passes, but from what I've seen he turns the ball over too much and makes the wrong passes sometimes when in the half court.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
wait whats going on with this trade, wheres TMAC going to some websites say hes in NY and others say hes in SAC?

TMac is in New York now.

Hilton Armstrong also in deal, going to HOU
http://twitter.com/Chadfordinsider

Melo15
02-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, I am a huge fan of this deal for the Rockets. They get Kevin Martin who is a solid scoring threat, Jordan Hill who still can become a very productive player in this league, and 2 of the Knicks future 1st round picks? Wow, just wow.

king4day
02-18-2010, 03:07 PM
I think you've been playing NBA 2K10 a little too much.

Rodriguez is a poor mans White Chocolate, hes fast, can make great passes, but from what I've seen he turns the ball over too much and makes the wrong passes sometimes when in the half court.

He's an improvement over every PG they've had in the Mike D'Antoni era.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM

You mean Chris Duhon? :D

AntiG
02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Houston also will have the right to swap first-round picks with the Knicks in 2011 as well as take on New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Pretty bad job by the Knicks giving up so much for what could possibly end up as not LeBron and not Wade in the offseason...

blackjack_119
02-18-2010, 03:13 PM

That's not saying much. There is a reason that he was the third string PG in both Portland and Sacramento. Enjoy wincing every time Sergio puts up a three, or attempts to play defense or does anything except for running the fast break.

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Wow. The Knicks can easily become the absolute shithole of the nba. They now have given up there first round pick in 2010, 2011, and 2012. What if the 2010 free agensts resign with there teams? Then what? You have no present, and with giving up your prolly top 5 in lottery picks from '10-'12, u have no future either. Pretty much if the knicks dont sign LeBron or Wade during the Summer, there gunna be the shithole of pro sports. Bosh alone wont get it done. Unless they sign Wade or Bron there gunna suck and there gunna have no lottery pick to ease the pain of that suckage

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Pretty bad job by the Knicks giving up so much for what could possibly end up as not LeBron and not Wade in the offseason...

Its a huge risk. Knicks fans will still act like it wasnt a failure if they can get Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh and "build the team around them". :rolleyes:

They've now sacrificed 3 straight valuable 1st Round Picks.

Fresno
02-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Wow. The Knicks can easily become the absolute shithole of the nba. They now have given up there first round pick in 2010, 2011, and 2012. What if the 2010 free agensts resign with there teams? Then what? You have no present, and with giving up your prolly top 5 in lottery picks from '10-'12, u have no future either. Pretty much if the knicks dont sign LeBron or Wade during the Summer, there gunna be the shithole of pro sports. Bosh alone wont get it done. Unless they sign Wade or Bron there gunna suck and there gunna have no lottery pick to ease the pain of that suckage

His name is Rudy Gay.:D

If the Elite Free Agents sign elsewhere or resign with their teams they will probably end up giving big contracts to the B-List Free Agents available and trying to build a team around them. Its going to be a complate failure if they dont get LeBron, Wade is a pipe dream, but LeBron is far and away #1 on their radar.

I've never seen anything like this, a team sacrificing so much for 3 years for the sake of signing 1 player.

Reyes6
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
They are saying the 2011 1st round pick is #1 protected.

2012 is top 5 protected.

Let's hope the Knicks suck, but not TOO much.

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
That's not saying much. There is a reason that he was the third string PG in both Portland and Sacramento. Enjoy wincing every time Sergio puts up a three, or attempts to play defense or does anything except for running the fast break.
wow thats a bold statement.

did he do all that in the 30 seconds per game Mcmillan gave him? :rolleyes:

Just joking.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Cant wait to see Tmac drop 50 his first game as a Knick

DieHardColtsfan
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Very thrilled about this. Absolutely hated Jeffries. Had no confidence in Hill which is sad and unfair. Hughes was making a ton of money.

Noday
Who got larry Hughes

CTown81
Question to all:

If you were Superstar X would you go play in New York for a max contract knowing they only have Gallinari and Chandler under contract going into next season? Would you do this also knowing the Knicks will probably have a so-so 1st round pick in 2011 and NO 1st rd pick in 2012?

Knicks have all the cap room in the world now but literally a blank slate.

If they can get 2 max players they will have about 9 million dollars to sign 10-11 other roster players to put around Superstar A, Superstar B, Gallinari, and Chandler...

If they resign David Lee they have no shot at signing a 2nd max Superstar and filling out the roster..

They should have dealt Lee too...

Driven
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
The Rockets straight raped this deal.

FOBolous
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
PG - Aaron Brooks (a 20ppg scorer) / Kyle Lowry
SG - Kevin Martin (another 20ppg scorer) / Chase Bundinger
SF - Trevor Ariza / Shane Battier
PF - Luis Scola / Jordan Hill / Chuck Hayes
C - Yao Ming / Chuck Hayes / David Anderson

great starting lineup. solid bench. championship anyone? :D

ewing
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
and wow the knicks gave up on jordan hill pretty fast. i know hes a complete bust but a "lottery pick" is a pretty good through in. big ups to the rockets

I wouldn't call him a bust yet. The kid is athletic/long enough to have a some post pressence on D, has a very nice mid range J, can run the floor, and should be a decent rebounder. A lot of people say he has bad hands which is trouble for a big, is pretty raw in terms of basketball feel/intelligence, and showed up very out of shape when he reported to the Knicks. I think the kid as the tools to be a good not great NBA player I also think the way he carried himself in NY had something to do with NY giving up on him so quickly. He might be a question mark but I definately wouldn't call him a bust yet

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Question to all:

If you were Superstar X would you go play in New York for a max contract knowing they only have Gallinari and Chandler under contract going into next season? Would you do this also knowing the Knicks will probably have a so-so 1st round pick in 2011 and NO 1st rd pick in 2012?

If they can get 2 max players they will have about 9 million dollars to sign 10-11 other roster players to put around Superstar A, Superstar B, Gallinari, and Chandler...

If they resign David Lee they have no shot at signing a 2nd max Superstar and filling out the roster..

Yes i would ITS NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!

And given they have given up the picks i wouldnt be the least surprised if they ALREADY have an under the table agrement with one of th bigfour.

sacgiants1213
02-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Who got larry Hughes

Kings. That 13 mil expiring contract is lovely.

Noday
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Who did the kings get?

Tony_Starks
02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
His name is Rudy Gay.:D

If the Elite Free Agents sign elsewhere or resign with their teams they will probably end up giving big contracts to the B-List Free Agents available and trying to build a team around them. Its going to be a complate failure if they dont get LeBron, Wade is a pipe dream, but LeBron is far and away #1 on their radar.

I've never seen anything like this, a team sacrificing so much for 3 years for the sake of signing 1 player.

No if they don't get their guy they'll just wait for 2011. They won't overpay for a 2nd tier guy. Rudy gay for example is restricted so they would really have to overpay for memphis not to match. They'll wait for the next year when Chris Paul and Mello are available.

New York really sold their soul to ditch Jeffries. They have the cap room now but its obvious they wont get Lebron. If DWade gets Boozer than scratch him off too. So they stand a good chance of being horrible again next year and giving Houston a really high pick, not to mention Hill who they don't even know how good he is yet.

Houston really came up in this one, it was worth it to take on JJ's garbage contract for what they got.

NYY NYJ NYK
02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I am fine with the draft picks cause after this offseason I don't think the Knicks will be in the lottery for quite some time

Driven
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
PG - Aaron Brooks (a 20ppg scorer) / Kyle Lowry
SG - Kevin Martin (another 20ppg scorer) / Chase Bundinger
SF - Trevor Ariza / Shane Battier
PF - Luis Scola / Jordan Hill / Chuck Hayes
C - Yao Ming / Chuck Hayes / David Anderson

great starting lineup. solid bench. championship anyone? :D
They need to re-sign Scola and Lowry, and you forgot Jeffries, but all should be on the team next year. The team is set for a while.

Cracka2HI!
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
WOW! What a deal!! Especially for the Rockets obviously, losing Landy does hurt though. Knicks better do something with that cap space now. Man another just awful move by the Knicks. Giving up a potential top 2 pick for some essentially taking Jefferies contract off your hands. Well I guess we have to see what they do in free agency first.

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Even if the Knick's don't get a Max free agent, They have enough money to sign players to have a better team the team they have now. And there are good free agents who are impact players who won't be getting max this summer too.

CTown81
02-18-2010, 03:45 PM
@Hellcrooner

I agree if my name is Joe Johnosn or Rudy Gay or maybe even Chris Bosh.

I disagree if my name is Lebron James or Dwayne Wade.

My prediction for New York offseason

Chris Bosh/Joe Johnson

Would need to find a good PG and a Center but would be in decent shape to getting back to playpoffs

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I think the Rockets were better off as they were....they got rid of their best bench scorer in Landry, who by the way is a 6th man of the year candidate. Now they have no bench scoring, or inside scoring. (This is assuming the new lineup is: Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Scola, Hayes. with Battier as 6th man) They already have Ariza and Battier as well, and don't really need Martin seeing that Brooks is a score 1st pg anyways. all that does is take the ball outta Brooks' hands. I don't see the reason for this...they would've been better off going for a Centre so they can get some size in their frontcourt....because Scola and Hayes are both way undersized. I don't see how a Rockets fan likes this trade...If i were one of you, I'd be pissed off.

shep33
02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
New York can now sign 2 big name guys if they wanted, maybe not LBJ and Bosh, but maybe they could get Bosh and Joe Johnson. I liked this team for all teams, except for 2 things that are questionable:

1)Houston trades Landry, who is good but really they got kevin martin and 3 first roundes possibly (Jordan Hill being 1).

2)The Knicks gave up a lot of picks, sending first rounders is not something you should do, but that being said they save money by getting rid of Hughes, and getting T-Mac's expring, while getting rid of Jeffries contract. They'll get rid of Nate and save money too (if the deal with the celts goes through).

But really everyone kinda wins here, the Kings got Landry and got rid of Martin's contract (36 million).

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Maybe Houston is planning on dealing K-mart this summer, to bring in some talent for next season when Yao returns.

Noday
02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Wouldnt Chris Rather play in Chicago with Rose, Noah and Deng?

Itown in Cali
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
I think the Rockets were better off as they were....they got rid of their best bench scorer in Landry, who by the way is a 6th man of the year candidate. Now they have no bench scoring, or inside scoring. (This is assuming the new lineup is: Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Scola, Hayes. with Battier as 6th man) They already have Ariza and Battier as well, and don't really need Martin seeing that Brooks is a score 1st pg anyways. all that does is take the ball outta Brooks' hands. I don't see the reason for this...they would've been better off going for a Centre so they can get some size in their frontcourt....because Scola and Hayes are both way undersized. I don't see how a Rockets fan likes this trade...If i were one of you, I'd be pissed off.

you're just upset b/c Bosh could be going NY next year! To say Houston made a mistake here is mind boggling. They got last year # 8 pick, swap with Knicks 2011 and 2012 pick for a guy not even starting! What are you smoking up there Toronto??

JordansBulls
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Not sure why Mcgrady wanted to be in NY.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
You have to keep in mind that even if the Knicks by some miracle land Bosh, who's he going to play with? They'll only have 4 players under contract (one of them is Curry!) so they rest of that money would have to be used to fill out the roster.

Say they luck up and sign Bosh AND Joe Johnson. Now you can't sign Lee who will demand a hefty price. So now what? You have two stars and no bench? It just seems like bad business all the way around IMO.

dRa1niNg_ 3s
02-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Ahh man they traded my favorite rocket!! Oh well its part of the buisness, looking at the future cant wait, Morey has done a complete face lift on this team on such short timing!!! Like i said i hate to see Carl leave rather it be Scola, but oh well hope he flourishes with the Kings, i woudnt doubt he torches the Rockets next time they play. LOl

WillisLovechild
02-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow.

I dont know what else to say regarding this deal. What is Donnie Walsh thinking? He should've atleast packaged Eddy Curry in the deal if he was going to give up so much.

It's a really good thing you're not running a franchise. What is Walsh thinking? He's shedding salary like crazy so he can actually bring in some of the mega-FA's this off-season. I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting rid of Curry, but no one would want him for over $11 million a season when he has a player option for next year. Besides, he probably won't stay with the Knicks. He doesn't play and he looks miserable, he'll opt out in all likelihood. Walsh has done the most amazing job of opening up salary cap space that I've ever seen, he's done a great job. Even if they don't sign a Wade, James or Bosh; they now have the flexibility to make trades and do whatever they want essentially.

FOBolous
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Not sure why Mcgrady wanted to be in NY.

NY offers him the best opportunity to revitalize his career. he'll be the go-to guy for that team playing in fast paced, high octane offense. if he works out in NYC, he'll be up for a pretty decent pay day in 2010 on a desperate team.

if he goes to any other team, such as Cle or LA, he'll probably only be the 2nd, 3rd, or even the 4th option on the team.

it's all about the $$$ with me-mac...uhh...i mean tmac.

Noday
02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Chicago is a playoff team in need of A player like Bosh at PF. The Knicks gave up Too Much! Hill? The draft picks??? They have no tradable pieces for next year. They have a big ? at SF with Gallo and Chandler? Well I guess they can trade either 1 of their 2 small forwards.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM
nice raping of the Knicks. So 6 million of cap space is worth a 1st round pick, your 8th pick this year, and a swap from a mid-lottery pick to around 20. Because its not like the Knicks will do anything with T-Mac on their team.

BenFrank
02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
I think Armstrong is going to houston also.. Houston win's in this deal in every way.. Don't u guys kno we're above 500 with a 6'6 Center... this is everything houston got in return.. correct me if i'm wrong

K-Mart, J-Hill, Armstrong, Jefferies.. and of course NY's draft considerations.

The Knicks will acquire McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez from Sacramento; the Rockets get Kevin Martin and Hilton Armstrong from Sacramento, and Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries from New York.

Houston also will have the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011, and the Rockets also get New York's 2012 first-round pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

jetsfan89
02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Is Hill in the deal? cause the NY Post says he isn't?

FOBolous
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Is Hill in the deal? cause the NY Post says he isn't?

every other sports news network says he is. he's going to Houston baby!

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
fortuantelly for the knicks the kept curry

wich will help them fill their roster since i can definetly see someone next year at this time sending some players of value for his massive expiring

Pierzynski4Prez
It's a really good thing you're not running a franchise. What is Walsh thinking? He's shedding salary like crazy so he can actually bring in some of the mega-FA's this off-season. I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting rid of Curry, but no one would want him for over $11 million a season when he has a player option for next year. Besides, he probably won't stay with the Knicks. He doesn't play and he looks miserable, he'll opt out in all likelihood. Walsh has done the most amazing job of opening up salary cap space that I've ever seen, he's done a great job. Even if they don't sign a Wade, James or Bosh; they now have the flexibility to make trades and do whatever they want essentially.

You really believe that? He'll opt out of an 11 million dollar guaranteed contract so he can sit around and not be signed for a penny elsewhere. Please, that would be the worst business decision made by any human being in history.

Hellcrooner
fortuantelly for the knicks the kept curry

wich will help them fill their roster since i can definetly see someone next year at this time sending some players of value for his massive expiring

knickerbockerny
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Question to all:

They did alright in the deal. You are forgetting that Curry will hopefully get bought out saving the Knicks around 3 million, that's what we saved in the Marbury deal. Add that to the 9 that makes 12 mil. The Max deals should be around 16 mil. So if superstar A and superstar B take 1.5 mil less each or 1 mil each that another 2-3 mil in savings. So now we have 14-15 mil to fill out the rest of the roster. We also have two second rounders and New York is in a big market and could afford cap hits, because the garden sells out.

superstar A
superstar B
Chandler
Gallo
Toney Douglas
Sergio
Lee at 10 mill
2nd rounder about 750k
2nd rounder about 500k
and about 2 to 3 mil to sign another 3 players

The Knicks are in good shape

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 04:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Knicks-Rockets-backroom-trade-negotiat?urn=nba,219962

Tony_Starks
02-18-2010, 04:28 PM
You really believe that? He'll opt out of an 11 million dollar guaranteed contract so he can sit around and not be signed for a penny elsewhere. Please, that would be the worst business decision made by any human being in history.

He's already basically said he won't opt out. He'd be a fool to do that, he's on his last leg and more than likely on his way out of the league. Take the money and run!

The Dream
02-18-2010, 04:35 PM
WOW! What a deal!! Especially for the Rockets obviously, losing Landy does hurt though. Knicks better do something with that cap space now. Man another just awful move by the Knicks. Giving up a potential top 2 pick for some essentially taking Jefferies contract off your hands. Well I guess we have to see what they do in free agency first.

We're not a lottery team after this season ... we have to sign 9 players this offseason. NINE. 1 or 2 of them will be a Max free agent for sure.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
They did alright in the deal. You are forgetting that Curry will hopefully get bought out saving the Knicks around 3 million, that's what we saved in the Marbury deal. Add that to the 9 that makes 12 mil. The Max deals should be around 16 mil. So if superstar A and superstar B take 1.5 mil less each or 1 mil each that another 2-3 mil in savings. So now we have 14-15 mil to fill out the rest of the roster. We also have two second rounders and New York is in a big market and could afford cap hits, because the garden sells out.

superstar A
superstar B
Chandler
Gallo
Toney Douglas
Sergio
Lee at 10 mill
2nd rounder about 750k
2nd rounder about 500k
and about 2 to 3 mil to sign another 3 players

The Knicks are in good shape

You have around 18 mill to Curry, Chandler, Gallo, and Douglas. That leaves probably 36 million left for minimum of 8 guys. 2 2nd rounders for 1.25 leaves 34.75.

You just assume that these 2 max guys will take paycuts, which will probably not happen. Only time that happens, is when guys want to go to a team to win a championship, i.e. Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

So after 2 max guys, you have 2.75 million to sign 4 guys. If you decide to keep Sergio, that is 2.8 million, meaning those last 4 spots have to be players who sign at the vet minimum. No Lee. No nobody except D-League players

Superstar A
Superstar B
Gallo
Chandler
Douglas
Curry
Sergio
2nd round pick
2nd round pick
my mom
your mom
his mom

No 2012 pick, and a later 2011 pick

Verbal Christ
02-18-2010, 06:19 PM
im still amazed that darryl morey not only got what he wanted from NY, he was also able to land a premier SG. unreal. next year's rocket team should be very formidable.

blastmasta26
02-18-2010, 06:24 PM
im still amazed that darryl morey not only got what he wanted from NY, he was also able to land a premier SG. unreal. next year's rocket team should be very formidable.
Brooks
K-Mart
Ariza
Scola
Yao

damn good team, only question is bench play since Landry is gone, but getting Hill will soften the blow of losing him

Verbal Christ
02-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Brooks
K-Mart
Ariza
Scola
Yao

damn good team, only question is bench play since Landry is gone, but getting Hill will soften the blow of losing him

lowry,hill,hayes,budinger,battier,andersen (im thinking battier might start, for your same reasoning - 2nd squad offense and Ariza comes off the bench) new rookie,-- Jermaine Taylor and Temple return to D-League.

i think thats a pretty nice second string.

NBA-GMaster
02-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Yahoo!! we got Hill and some draft picks too.. Nice one!!

NBA-GMaster
02-18-2010, 08:12 PM
We trade Jeffries and our draft pick for a higher draft pick!! Jeffries got an exp contract next season..

NBA-GMaster
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
THANK YOU NEW YORK KNICKS for saving the HOUSTON ROCKETS!!

HouRealCoach
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
NY got the best out of this.... They might begin 2010-2011 with Bosh and Wade

As for Houston... They downgraded with Hill and they will miss Landry

T-Mac is going to redeem hiself and the fans will hate it but I think Hou can PROBABLY make it

FlakeyFool
02-18-2010, 08:55 PM
lol houston won this trade hands down. Sacramento could have gotten more for martin and the knicks...well yeah.

Bivory
02-18-2010, 09:13 PM
THANK YOU NEW YORK KNICKS for saving the HOUSTON ROCKETS!!

and thank Houston and the Kings for allowing the Knicks the opportunity to land not one but two franchise players. Knicks haven't had one in 10yrs...that's right 10yrs. And now, because they can get 2, it's gotta be a huge plus to tell a star he'll have a lot of help.

If everybody wins, it sounds like it was a good trade....obviously, Knicks are taking a bigger risk but as we all know.......the bigger the risk the bigger the reward...

DenButsu
02-18-2010, 10:15 PM
(regarding the thread title...)

FWIW, K-Mart is actually still on the Nuggets. :cool:

-NBA fans against nickname theft

WillisLovechild
02-18-2010, 11:10 PM
every other sports news network says he is. he's going to Houston baby!

Who is the chick in your sig?

I believe it could happen, it doesn't necessarily mean it will though. I was more talking about the shedding of salary Walsh has done and how successful he has been in that venture. You never know, Curry could be valuable as a trading chip next year if he does stay.

knicks09
02-18-2010, 11:24 PM
nice move for the knicks. the price for cap space was worth it. those picks could be late lottery if all goes according to plan. it's risky but i like it. gotta have that extra cap space.

Yea I agree. By the way I meant "WOOOO" not "who" lol