PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac to Lakers or Cavs?

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
McGrady could be bought out by the Kings, with Yahoo! saying "A source close to him says he would like to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers or Cleveland Cavaliers."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/report_knicks_would_get_mcgrady_zIjbOLMLkFZQgkLwwK RI5L#ixzz0fu98KSfp

jimbobjarree
02-18-2010, 12:17 PM
why in gods name would either team want him

CTown81
02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Interesting.

Cavs have the Veteran Min salary to work with as well as their Bi-Annual which could be worth up to 1.99 million. Not sure if the Lakers still have their Bi-Annual as well.

As a Cavs fan im not sure I want to add another piece to the puzzle but Parker has been a disappointment at SG so who knows...

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 12:19 PM
^Lakers need a back up SF, and cavs well, I think that they do anything at this point to keep Lebron even if it means taking a small risk

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 12:23 PM
the maloofs HATE the lakers they are not going to pay 10 million bucks for him to go help them get another title.

they will trade him to either chicago or new york and let them pay his contract.

cbs134679
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I'd be shocked if he went to Lakers considring Artest and T-mac aren't the best of friends.

He should go to the celtics, I think he'd fit in great there especially with the decline of Allen.

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
not gonna lie, hoping he embarrasses himself

Tmac,lt,berkman
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
i think he is gonna be productive no matter where he goes even though i do like the rockets

still1ballin
02-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I think he has still something left in his tank. If I was the Lakers, I'd take him. A lot better then Sasha coming off the bench.

bringinwood
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Something left in the tank is far from being a productive member on a championship contender ??? He's worth a shot as a backup SF....

The thing that would benefit him the most is that he wouldn't be heavily relied on...

If i'm the Cav's, i'd inquire and see if he'd be willing to play for the vet min... Other than that, good luck...

Getting LeBron a rest down the stretch without having to worry might be worth the gamble in itself...

NJ#1FAN
02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Considering that McGrady has said multiple times that he just wants to play and be involved, it would be absolutely ******** for him to go to either of these teams. He'd ride the bench the rest of the season.

Then again, he'll also probably get a ring for riding the bench. I guess that's not too bad a trade off. LOL

Bucsfan
02-18-2010, 12:46 PM
I hope he does, and brings his curse with him

DaBUU
I still think he ends up with Bulls or Knicks before deadline, no way hes staying in Sacramento

fredv
He just wants to finally get out the first round lmao

fredo832
02-18-2010, 12:51 PM
he will probably go the the one of those desperate teams. NO offense bu someone like the Knicks or the Nets. I can see the Knicks cause they need some help

NJBASEBALL22
02-18-2010, 12:52 PM
I think McGrady will help the C's, Lakers, or Cavs. I think he will thrive with a veteran-laden team. I mean, people think he is soft- which think what you want but you can't fake this season ending injuries, not to mention the amount of time this guy played hurt with a bad back for most of his tenure in Orlando or with a bum elbow in Houston. This guy carried three Orlando teams that had no business being in the playoffs to the playoffs and almost singled-handedly beat the Pistons in 7... the same Pistons team that won the championship the next year. His best teammates that season were a 21 year old Mike Miller, an injured Grant Hill who played only 29 games, and a washed up Shawn Kemp. He basically was a small-forward version of Garnett and nobody accuses Garnett of being anti-clutch now.

This isn't me saying he is gonna come back and lead the league in scoring or win an MVP, this is me saying the guy gets little credit for what he has done in his career.

As of now though, he can be a nice instant offense guy off the bench or a nice 2 or 3 that can give you 16/5/4 a night while playing some defense. He offers more offense than Artest but Artest is a better defender and so he'd be a sixth (or seventh man) man with the Lakers and with the Celts too. He might be able to start at the 2 in Cleveland or come off the bench there as the 6th man. Kobe could play Jordan to McGrady playing Pippen if he comes back at 70 percent of what he used to be- That would've been awesome to watch in their primes.

mr.awesome
02-18-2010, 12:52 PM
not the celtics i'm pretty sure they don't want anything to do with him

still1ballin
02-18-2010, 01:17 PM
not the celtics i'm pretty sure they don't want anything to do with him

If Celtics picked up Marbury, I'm sure they wouldn't mind Tmac

Wilson
02-18-2010, 01:18 PM
I think he has still something left in his tank. If I was the Lakers, I'd take him. A lot better then Sasha coming off the bench.

Sasha won't be playing when Kobe comes back though. I want to keep running with Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown as the back up guards, they're both young and will get better.

Perhaps the Lakers look at T-Mac as a back up SF. However despite T-Mac being a better player than Luke Walton, I think Walton is the better fit there because he's the only perimeter bench player who moves the ball. Farmar and Brown both like to shoot a lot, Luke will pass into the post more often. I don't want another scorer coming off the bench for us, we just don't need it.

Luke's back problems might force the Lakers to make a play at someone to come off the bench behind Ron Artest though.

magikmc
02-18-2010, 01:20 PM
come back to the raps tracy haha.

b_russ
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
2nd round bandwagoner.

JayW_1023
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I am irked by the people who actually believe T-Max will be more than a 12ppg scorer at this point in his career.

GodsSon
02-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Lakers are standing pat according to Bucher

RaiderLakersA's
02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
I hope he gets a chance to show if he still has something in the tank...no matter where that is. It's difficult for me to believe that he is done. If his ego can accept coming off the bench, if he has anything left T-Mac can give you quality minutes.

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Even if he is a 12ppg scorer that would at least help the Lakers bench, Cause if Luke is out for the season they need a back up small forward. He could def take Sasha and Staches play time.

Odom
Brown
T-Mac
Farmar
Mbenga

not a horrible bench.

JayW_1023
02-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, but the stache has a stache...and he huddles with the opposing teams players during garbage time to inadevertedly mess with their heads. He is a walking psychout. C'mon...the lakers don't need the shell of T-mac...they have the most complete team in the league. And Shannon Brown seems to really be coming out with Kobe sitting.

xbrackattackx
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but the stache has a stache...and he huddles with the opposing teams players during garbage time to inadevertedly mess with their heads. He is a walking psychout. C'mon...the lakers don't need the shell of T-mac...they have the most complete team in the league. And Shannon Brown seems to really be coming out with Kobe sitting.

True. Brown has been amazing! but if we aren't trading anything and just picking him up for the rest of the season. It's kind of a zero risk move ya know? Plus I imagine him taking Lukes time with him out so not a whole lot of PT but some.

JordansBulls
02-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Which is a joke. Go to the top 2 teams record wise and the favorites from the beginning of the year because he

never has gotten out of round 1. I would hope if he went to either of those teams that they lose in round 1.

JNA17
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Which is a joke. Go to the top 2 teams record wise and the favorites from the beginning of the year because he

never has gotten out of round 1. I would hope if he went to either of those teams that they lose in round 1.

JordanBulls wanting Tracy McGrady to lose!? :speechless:

Jay22Redd
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I wanna see him go somewhere where he has to score. NYK or CHI. Lus, he'd look good in either jersey.

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 02:15 PM
JordanBulls wanting Tracy McGrady to lose!? :speechless:

JB's pissed he doesn't get to see him in a bull jersey :laugh2:

Jay22Redd
02-18-2010, 02:15 PM

I'm against you on this JB but if this did happen, it would very embarrassing on Tmac's part.....and hilarious.

xX_Wayne-87_Xx
02-18-2010, 02:17 PM
if hes bought out, the pacers could use him at SG.... lol

Kakaroach
These are just his wanted destinations, if a team buys him out.

ChaseMe
I would like to see him as a raptor again.

mikantsass
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
T-Mac dealt to NY in 3-way with Sac, particulars to come later, source tells Y!

This was posted on Marc Spears' twitter page 5 mins ago. For those of you who dont know who Spears is, he covers the NBA for Yahoo Sports

Raph12
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
He's in NY now, doubt they buy him out.

Maybe next season.

ko8e24
02-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Lakers are standing pat according to Bucher

in terms of making trades genius. nothing about not wanting t-mac

KayNti
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
T-Mac wants to be the man on his team. If not the first option, the second. Even if h=its's guaranteed to win the championship, he wouldnt go for it