PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the Lakers and Cavs Match-up since the Jamison trade

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2010, 10:02 AM
I would love to see James win a ring, i'm a big fan of his game and love watching him play, and i will admit straight up I'm not a Kobe fan (though I respect his game), but even though I want to think the Cavs are primed for a title, I'm not sure they really match up against the Lakers.

The Cavs win the point guard match-up and small forward obviously, but the Lakers have shooting guard locked down, and Gasol is the better power forward. At center i have worries that Shaq won't be able to defend Gasol when he's playing the post (the triangle and high pick and rolls will force Shaq out of the key and he is not as strong a defender that far from the basket- just watch him trying to guard Sabonis in the '00 conference finals), and when he is in the paint with Bynum, Bynum has the mass to stand toe-to-toe, and Lamar Odom is the best player coming off the bench between the two teams (no disrespect intended to Anderson V, I love his game and work ethic). And LBJ will likely see Jackson throw Artest and Bryant at James on different posessions and while the guy is unguardable, I think Bryant and Artest have the tools to slow him down.

It'd be a great series for sure, but I'm not sure Jamison really puts the Cavs over the top and I'd much rather (as I have said in other posts) have seen the Cavs pick up a shooting guard. i still (regretfully) see the Lakers winning this potential series.

Thoughts?

(and please, lets not make this a Lakers-haters or lakers-lovers session or a James-aint-a-king-unless-he's-got-a-ring threads).

bigsams50
02-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Well the cavs won the 2 match up this year and they've added Jamison. So ima go with them. THe Cavs also dominated the post in both of those match-ups and Jamison is another big that would help give them an edge in the post

HouRealCoach
02-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Cavs really dont have a guy that can stop Kobe.... But it seems like ever since that Donaghey interview the ref's have been playing against Kobe missing obvious fouls.

Butt the Cavs are bigger and Jamison can match up when Odom is at the 4... Also Lakers dont have any backup Bigs... Cavs have better Bigs, PG's, The Best Player, They're deeper

They have them but I wouldnt be surprised if Lakers beat them in a 7 game series

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Lakers havent been fully healthy when meeting cavs this year.

I also expect some trouble in the locker room, Shaq is not going to take well being relegated to third banana.

I remain more worried bout coming out of the west than in any thing the east can throw at us in the finals.

Rocco007
02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Jamison is a good player but not a match up problem...enter Odom...
Until proven otherwise...The Defending Champs are still the team to beat in a 7 game series...

avrpatsfan
02-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Mo Williams > Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant>Any SG on the Cavs
Lebron James>Any SF In the League or in this case, Ron Artest
Jamison=Gasol
Bynum>Shaq

Cavs are easily a much better team

bigsams50
02-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Jamison is a good player but not a match up problem...enter Odom...
Until proven otherwise...The Defending Champs are still the team to beat in a 7 game series...

Yea but in the 2 games this past season the Cavs bullied the Laker show in the post. Also the Cavs havent played the Lakers in a 7 game series

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Lakers havent been fully healthy when meeting cavs this year.

I also expect some trouble in the locker room, Shaq is not going to take well being relegated to third banana.

I remain more worried bout coming out of the west than in any thing the east can throw at us in the finals.

Yes they have... The Lakers were fully fit both times they played the Cavs.

The Cavs were even able to beat them without Mo Williams, which discredits your argument even more, because the Cavs were able to win without their second best player.

Shaq at this point in his career is a realist, he knows he's not a 2nd option on a contender and is much more focussed on remaining healthy and winning a ring. He's been averaging 23.1 mpg, if there were any issues we would've seen them by now...

RadiantShot
02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I guarantee in the playoffs, Lebron will be guarding Kobe, and vice-versa if they get there. The superstars love the challenge, so even if Ron Artest can guard better than Kobe, don't be surprised to see Kobe and Bron-Bron going at it, offensively and defensively.

prodigy
02-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Well the cavs have stopped Kobe twice this season. Come NBA finals of course Kobe Will be even tougher. Cavs have Parker, moon, West and Lebron who are all real good defenders. They will give Kobe alot of looks.

I can't see Bynum doing anything against shaq. Plus Cavs will resign Z in 30 days. We traded a 1st for Jamison lol.

Fireworld
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Jamison=Gasol
Bynum>Shaq

:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
02-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Cavs already beat the Lakers twice and once with no Mo this year.

ChaseMe
02-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Jackson > Brown

avrpatsfan
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
:eyebrow:

They're very close. Jamison is a much better scorer but Gasol is a better rebounder and defenseman.

td0tsfinest
02-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Jamison=Gasol
Bynum>Shaq

I'm big fan of Jamison but I think Gasol is better player.

But back to the main point, they only way these two teams will play against one another this season is in the finals. Both have a solid starting 5 but it's going to be the bench that will be the main deciding factor.

Lamar Odom is no doubt the best player coming out of either bench but its very shaky from their. Shannon Brown is probably the Lakers second best. Vareajo is going to be key for the Cavs off the bench especially with Shaq not being able to play huge minutes any more. Delonte West is the guy with a question when playoffs come around and his trial date being around the same day.

showtym24
02-18-2010, 11:14 AM

The Cavs were even able to beat them without Mo Williams, which discredits your argument even more, because the Cavs were able to win without their second best player.

Shaq at this point in his career is a realist, he knows he's not a 2nd option on a contender and is much more focussed on remaining healthy and winning a ring. He's been averaging 23.1 mpg, if there were any issues we would've seen them by now...

Yea cuz kobe was 100 % healthy right:facepalm:

showtym24
02-18-2010, 11:15 AM
mo williams > derek fisher
kobe bryant>any sg on the cavs
lebron james>any sf in the league or in this case, ron artest
jamison=gasol
bynum>shaq

cavs are easily a much better team

lmao

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Gasol>Jamison
Bynum>Shaq

Gasol is a much better player then Jamison. LEbron is the best SF in the league but if I want anyone guarding him, it would be Artest or Kobe for that matter.

JNA17
02-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Jamison=Gasol

idiocracy at it's best, ladies and gentleman.

prodigy
02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Gasol is a much better player then Jamison.

Gasol is NOT much better then Jamison. Thats just dumb to say. He is the overall better player, But thats it.

I would also take Shaq over bynum in the finals this season. Bynum has not played well either game vs the cavs.

TheKing23
Yea cuz kobe was 100 % healthy right:facepalm:

Well maybe he shouldn't jack up a combined 64 shots in those two losses if he's so "injured".

twoearl
Jamison=Gasol
Bynum>Shaq

It's arguable between Kobe and bron but after that I would take each of the lakers starting 5 over the Cavs. The only spot where I would be hesitant is at PG but everyone saw how Mo dissappear in the playoffs last year. When the game gets tight he tends to shy away from the spotlight. D Fish is a proven big shot maker and has the heart of a lion. Just ask jammer nelson..lol I see this being LA in 7

JNA17
02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Gasol is NOT much better then Jamison. Thats just dumb to say. He is the overall better player, But thats it.

I would also take Shaq over bynum in the finals this season.

once again, idiocracy at it's best, ladies and gentleman.

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Artest raped James as a Rocket last season

showtym24
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Well maybe he shouldn't jack up a combined 64 shots in those two losses if he's so "injured".

Dont worry he's getting healthy sitting out and we're still winning. And when june comes we'll see what happens, shouldnt go of two regular season games. Orlando whooped our *** twice last year and then we met in the finals and you know the rest.

JNA17
02-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Dont worry he's getting healthy sitting out and we're still winning. And when june comes we'll see what happens, shouldnt go of two regular season games. Orlando whooped our *** twice last year and then we met in the finals and you know the rest.

and the cavs beat the magic 3-1 in the regular season that same year and well...you also know the rest.

showtym24
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
and the cavs beat the magic 3-1 in the regular season that same year and well...you also know the rest.

Exactly these cavs fans dont understand the postseason is a whole different animal.

Lakers14
02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Well the cavs won the 2 match up this year and they've added Jamison. So ima go with them. THe Cavs also dominated the post in both of those match-ups and Jamison is another big that would help give them an edge in the post

Last season the Magic's won both regular season games against the Lakers, but we all know the Lakers won the most important games which were the 4 games they won in the FINALS to win that RING:clap:.

So stop bring up the regular season, The playoff is a different season the regular season doesn't carry over to the playoff.

Lakers will repeat, I can wait for the parade in LA:clap:

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM

he did?

Hellcrooner
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
idiocracy at it's best, ladies and gentleman.

thanks, i didnt want to post it myself since ive would been accused of spanish bias :p

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM

I would also take Shaq over bynum in the finals this season. Bynum has not played well either game vs the cavs.

I said much better cause one on one Gasol would rape him

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 11:55 AM
he did?

Defensively yes, didn't hurt to have a healthy Yao behind him at the time though.

KayNti
02-18-2010, 12:17 PM
It'll be interesting if the Cavs have Jamison playing the SF position and having Lebron playing SG and Andy playing PF. Adds a lot of length to their lineup and their D and energy is up a notch

Teeboy1487
02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Let's wait until the championship if both teams get that far. IMO, this trade does not make them better than the lakers. Maybe the magic but not the lakers. It will be interesting.

x_notorious
02-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Cavs already beat the Lakers twice and once with no Mo this year.

Regular season results don't matter, especially come playoff time. Just ask the Orlando Magic of last year. Another thing, a team in June has a completely different mindset than a team in December/January.

If it ever came down to a 7 game series between the Lakers and Cavs it would be real entertaining and it would probably go 6-7 games. While I think Jamison has improved the Cavs, giving them a forward that can spread the floor, he is no way in hades "=" to Gasol. Not taking anything away from Jamison but Gasol is clearly the overall better player. The one thing I see Jamison having an advantage over Gasol is 3 point shooting, and that's probably all. At 34.5%, it's nothing to wow over, either. Gasol is a better defender, rebounder, post scorer, passer, and even free throw shooting at 81-70%. One on one, both players have their advantages. Gasol with the size/length and Jamison with his outside shot. It's an interesting match-up on both ends and if Gasol struggles being around the 3 point line, the Lakers can always match-up Jamison with Lamar Odom.

Side note: A real weakness that could exposed in the playoffs for the Cavs is their front line free throw shooting. Shaq, Jamison, Hickson and Varejao combined are 63.5% from the line. :ouch: It may just be one point a shot but games can be won/loss at the charity stripe.

anpmp
02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
This season Cavs have been doing much better against the elite compared to last year. I think that the Cavs match up pretty well against the Lakers. The Lakers chances will depend a lot on whether Gasol and Odom respond to any physicality the Cavs present. In the two matchups this season, they did not. Assuming Kobe and Artest are 100% healthy come playoff time, that should also help the Lakers chances.

However at this point, I'm not certain whether the Cavs can make it past Orlando. Orlando still presents big matchup problems with the Cavs and won't be surprised if they beat them again this year. The Shaq vs Dwight matchup will be interesting.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 01:02 PM
The Cavs are better. They beat the Lakers twice before the trade.

Raph12
02-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I wanna see how they play Jamison, IMO he should play the 3, that way Ilgauskas and Shaq could share the floor against the Lakers bigs.

Otherwise, I see Gasol dominating Jamison down low.

JayW_1023
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Jamison is great...but the Lakers are still the team to beat, aminly because they have the better coach. Even though Jamison is an upgrade on paper, the Cavs just messed with some really good chemistry. 'Tawn will be the best overall scorer LBJ has had in his career...it'll be tough to implement that in an established system.

But Tawn could make the Cavs torridly good...he would probably get inflated scoring numbers...simply because of the open J' (and open threes) he'll get when teams collapse on james or Shaquille. He is a perfect fit if you think rationally.

The Cavs will probably be tough defensively with Tawn, Andy and LeBron on the floor...they are all long and even though Tawn is not a great defender, his mobility make him less prone to face up than Shaq or Z.

Still, i'm not ready to call the Cavs the team to beat over LA, because Kobe's crew is still proven to be nearly unbeatable when at full health.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
This season Cavs have been doing much better against the elite compared to last year. I think that the Cavs match up pretty well against the Lakers. The Lakers chances will depend a lot on whether Gasol and Odom respond to any physicality the Cavs present. In the two matchups this season, they did not. Assuming Kobe and Artest are 100% healthy come playoff time, that should also help the Lakers chances.

However at this point, I'm not certain whether the Cavs can make it past Orlando. Orlando still presents big matchup problems with the Cavs and won't be surprised if they beat them again this year. The Shaq vs Dwight matchup will be interesting.

At least that's what you hope because the Lakers can't get with Cleveland this year.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I wanna see how they play Jamison, IMO he should play the 3, that way Ilgauskas and Shaq could share the floor against the Lakers bigs.

Otherwise, I see Gasol dominating Jamison down low.

:confused:

They just traded Big Z to get Jamison lol.

anpmp
02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
At least that's what you hope because the Lakers can't get with Cleveland this year.

Actually, I'm hoping that the Cavs make it to the Finals. The Lebron/Shaq vs Kobe/Gasol would have far more drama and appeal than the Orlando-Laker matchup. However, even Boston would make for good drama plus beating the Celtics would be somewhat more satisfying as a Laker fan. But who knows how healthy and how well Boston will be playing come playoff time?

JNA17
02-18-2010, 01:53 PM
thanks, i didnt want to post it myself since ive would been accused of spanish bias :p

well no offense but you do have extreme spanish bias :laugh2:

but it's common knowledge that gasol is much better then jaminson, lettle alone a cavs fan saying he = gasol.

Young2Kinsler
02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Jamison=Gasol
Bynum>Shaq

LMAO please stop. LA is the best team in the league and the team to beat until proven otherwise. Cleveland got swept last time they went to the finals, they are good, but in NO WAY are they just easily a better team because of Jamison.

Thats as crazy as people saying Dallas is on the same level as La after our trade.

LA is the best right now, they are the favorites...

/close thread

Young2Kinsler
02-18-2010, 01:57 PM

Amazingly bright reasoning... regular season wins always translate into the better team and playoff success.

JNA17
02-18-2010, 01:58 PM

I think the majority of people here are 15 or under because apparantly they don't know the difference between a regular season game and a playoff game.

JNA17
02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Amazingly bright reasoning... regular season wins always translate into the better team and playoff success.

Exactly, especially a mavs fan would know this :D. (sorry just had to say that lol)

zachattach
02-18-2010, 02:05 PM

Your right the Cavs did dominate in the post, but it was due to there size not talent. They went big with BIG Z gaurding Pau and Shaq gaurding Bynum.
Jamison is to small to gaurd Pau well.

RaiderLakersA's
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Well the cavs won the 2 match up this year...

Doesn't mean a thing.

The year the Celtics won the title, the Lakers swept them. Twice.

The year the Lakers won the title, the Magic swept them. Twice.

In a 7 game series with all of the marbles on the table, the team with the best players and the best chemistry playing at a high level usually wins.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 02:14 PM

I think the majority of people here are 15 or under because apparantly they don't know the difference between a regular season game and a playoff game.

Well dominating a team in the regular season usually translates to dominating that team in the playoffs as well. I'm not talking about the 40+ games they've won this year. I'm just talking about 2 in particular. The head to head ones against LAL.

Exactly, especially a mavs fan would know this :D. (sorry just had to say that lol)

A Mavs fan would know. Remember a few years ago when the mavs had the best record in the West but got dominated by Golden State in the regular season. Was it a surprise to see the Warriors proceed to wax them in the playoffs then? 15? You must be talking about your girlfriend.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Doesn't mean a thing.

In a 7 game series with all of the marbles on the table, the team with the best players and the best chemistry playing at a high level usually wins.

Swept them TWICE? Okay whatever that means.

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 02:23 PM

You can't use a playoff game when arguing who is the better team so far THIS season... The only legit, factual argument you can use is regular season record, which favors the Cavs considerably...

I expect the usual Lakers fans response though... "Lakers will turn it up in the playoffs and beat everyone", "Lakers are defending champs, so that automatically makes them the best", "4 rings >>> 0 rings"

Some of you guys really need to stop living in the past...

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Well dominating a team in the regular season usually translates to dominating that team in the playoffs as well. I'm not talking about the 40+ games they've won this year. I'm just talking about 2 in particular. The head to head ones against LAL.

A Mavs fan would know. Remember a few years ago when the mavs had the best record in the West but got dominated by Golden State in the regular season. Was it a surprise to see the Warriors proceed to wax them in the playoffs then? 15? You must be talking about your girlfriend.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 02:29 PM
You can't use a playoff game when arguing who is the better team so far THIS season... The only legit, factual argument you can use is regular season record, which favors the Cavs considerably...

I expect the usual Lakers fans response though... "Lakers will turn it up in the playoffs and beat everyone", "Lakers are defending champs, so that automatically makes them the best", "4 rings >>> 0 rings"

The past? Just because the Cavs have no past doesn't mean Lakers fans can't bring up the fact that they are the defending champs. It's not the Lakers fault the Cavs had the best record in the NBA last year and lost to a Magic team the Lakers beat. The Lakers are still the champs, and it is fun to talk about the "what if the Cavs win the title" stuff, but until they do win it, it is just talk.

If the Cavs don't make it to the Finals for a 2nd straight year with the best record in the NBA or east, can we talk about how they are choke artists.

Keep thumping your chest, but you better hope the cavs have a ring to show for it at the end of the year. If they don't, I hope you are still a Cavs fan, because Lebron is not staying to play with a 34 year old PF next year.

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM

And it's Lakers 16 rings > Cavs 0 rings. Don't get it twisted

Stay_Swim
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Lakers have the the TRUE best player in Kobe Bryant. And they have a good enough overall team defense to defend Lebron James, and then you throw in Ron Artest, someone who can actually bang around with "Bron Bron," and you have to go with the Lakers...

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
the Cavs getting Antwan Jamison is a pretty underrated move. He could have a Pau Gasol like impact on the Cavs. He can stretch the floor, bang inside, rebound. He fits much better then Amare would have. Great move for the Cavs

Bullsfan22
02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
winning two games against the lakers is not what make the cavs better than them, it's how they did it. Watching those two games as an unbiased fan Lebron supplanted himself as the best in the world, and looking at kobe's helpless facial expressions told the whole story. This might not be the most popular post to lakers' fans but, kobe wants no part of lebron in the playoffs because that's the only team he would have to completely trust his supporting cast. I think The lakers are the better team slightly and the cavs have the better leader. just my two cent.

RaiderLakersA's
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Okay whatever that means.

It means that the playoffs, especially a 7 game series, is a different beast entirely. I wouldn't bet my life on a team dominating another team in the playoffs, just because they beat them once or twice during the regular season.

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 03:21 PM
And it's Lakers 16 rings > Cavs 0 rings. Don't get it twisted

I was alluding to the fact most Laker fans are Kobe dick riders... Or did that one fly over your head?

Congratulations, you have an extremely successful franchise compared to my failure of a franchise... I suppose this makes the Lakers better this year, yes?

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I was alluding to the fact most Laker fans are Kobe dick riders... Or did that one fly over your head?

Congratulations, you have an extremely successful franchise compared to my failure of a franchise... I suppose this makes the Lakers better this year, yes?

Well you can't really say until a team wins the Finals. Right now the Lakers are the Champs, it can change at the end of the year, but the Cavs would have to win the championship.

They have shown that they are a great regular season team. The Cavs are the best regular season team over the last 2 years, but that doesn't matter. The Cavs just put all their hopes on winning a title this year, that is why they got a 33 year old PF. If they don't win this year, that could be the end of a great regular season team.

When do they have the parade for the best team in the regular season? They didn't show it last year on ESPN.

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM

You say this, but if Kobe were to leave the Lakers, the Lakers would still have a ton of fans and can rebuild pretty quick just off the Laqker name.

If Lebron leavs the Cavs, they would have 2 fans (maybe) and would have to wait another 20 years for the lotto luck to land the next "great player".

cmstophe
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM

Orlando doesnt have LeBron James.

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Orlando doesnt have LeBron James.

Thats right, they sent him home early.

cmstophe
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
You say this, but if Kobe were to leave the Lakers, the Lakers would still have a ton of fans and can rebuild pretty quick just off the Laqker name.

If Lebron leavs the Cavs, they would have 2 fans (maybe) and would have to wait another 20 years for the lotto luck to land the next "great player".

The Cavs had fans before James, and will have fans after James' jersey is in the rafters at the Q next to multiple championship banners.

cmstophe
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Thats right, they sent him home early.

You think that's happening this year?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

shep33
02-18-2010, 03:45 PM
People forget that the Magic swept the Lakers last year too. Look what happend in the Finals though. Regular season means absolutely nothing, the postseason is completely different. The Lakers in my opinion are the best team in the league at adapting to an opponent over a 7 game series. They grinded it out defensively with the Rockets in 7 last year, beat the Nuggets in a extremely hostile arena at the Pepsi Centre, beat the Jazz who played pick and roll with Williams and ran sloan's cutting offense. The Cavs are playing the best ball in the league right now, no question. But the regular season means nothing guys, even look at Cleveland last year, everyone thought they'd kill anyone in their paths last year cause they had the best record, and swept 2 team in the playoffs (teams a lot weaker then in the West). But it didnt' end up happening, once they played a quality team in the Magic, they got outplayed and really should've lost in 5 games pending a couple strange calls. I gotta put the Lakers at #1 right now, cause they're still the champs plain and simple, Cleveland is capable of winning it all, but they gotta prove it in the postseason before a lot of people write them off as champs.

PLAYERS FAN
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
They might night stop Kobe but they so far IMO stop Gasol and Bynum thanks to Shaq,Anderson and Big Z. Artest defense is no longer a threat to Lebron. Lebron with the pick and roll with Jamison are going to be a killer vs the Lakers big men. If lakers don't get a better defensive point guard before the trade deadline I don't see them beating the Cavs this year. Y all underestimate Moon and Parker impact this year. Remember one of Cavs problem last year was the height of their guards. I admire the Cavs role players because unlike the Lakers role players that only play hard when they score points. Cavs have the perfect team IMO.

magichatnumber9
02-18-2010, 03:57 PM
If the Cavs stay healthy they are clearly the favorite to go all the way.

Jack Daniels
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Doesn't mean a thing.

I assume you meant beat them twice. But no they didn't...The celticswon both regular season match-ups that year by like 20 points each. One was the infamous throwback short shorts game.

Mavrix
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Cavs really dont have a guy that can stop Kobe.... But it seems like ever since that Donaghey interview the ref's have been playing against Kobe missing obvious fouls.

Butt the Cavs are bigger and Jamison can match up when Odom is at the 4... Also Lakers dont have any backup Bigs... Cavs have better Bigs, PG's, The Best Player, They're deeper

They have them but I wouldnt be surprised if Lakers beat them in a 7 game series

And the Lakers don't have anyone that can stop Lebron. And?

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
The Cavs had fans before James, and will have fans after James' jersey is in the rafters at the Q next to multiple championship banners.

It's pretty empty right now, instead of trying for "multiple", try to get one championship banner first. They should hang the Lebron MVP banner at the Q.

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 04:26 PM

oK coming from Lebrons biggest c*** sucker

Who had the best record last year? Cavs? who beat the Lakers twice last year? Magic? So they were last years best teams right? the season only means homecourt advantage and even that doesn't guarantee a ring, u should know first hand.

DCB/LAL
02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Lebron better win.

Kobe and Wade have already shown that when a good team is built around them they will win a Championship now its Lebrons turn....Excuses end HERE.

G-Funk
02-18-2010, 04:32 PM
winning two games against the lakers is not what make the cavs better than them, it's how they did it. Watching those two games as an unbiased fan Lebron supplanted himself as the best in the world, and looking at kobe's helpless facial expressions told the whole story. This might not be the most popular post to lakers' fans but, kobe wants no part of lebron in the playoffs because that's the only team he would have to completely trust his supporting cast. I think The lakers are the better team slightly and the cavs have the better leader. just my two cent.

stfu with that shiii, u the biggest Kobe hater on here!

Stay_Swim
02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I just wanna hear the next excuse for Bron Bron once he fails to deliver a Championship again...
I can hear it now,

Well Kobe has...!

No more excuses for Lebron.

leftymo
02-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Jamison=Gasol
Bynum>Shaq

Uh easily? One team couldn't make the finals with the best record in basketball, the other is the defending NBA champions with the only coach in league history who has mastered how to defend a championship in the modern era.

Jamison is 3 years older than Gasol and 3 inches shorter. He ain't going to do squat against him in the post. Lamar is also two inches taller than Jamison, who by the way has struggled big time in his last several games and has exactly 0 quality playoff experience.

Bynum isn't better than Shaq. Bynum is going to be good but he's not there yet.

The teams are fairly equally matched. I wouldn't put much into the reg season matchup b/c the Lakers have been pacing themselves the entire year. They have another gear they can kick it into...

As a Laker fan, I think the Jamison addition helps the Lakers, b/c it makes Cleveland smaller up front. If they do get Z back, that changes things. I'm not used to seeing so many 33+ year olds on a single team that win a championship. They seem a little on the old side (sans Varajao, Lebron, and MoWilliams)

ko8e24
02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't see what has really changed. Lakers are still best TEAM. They have he best combo of team ball + guys who can create shots for themselves.

BTW, read my Sig, it's a quote from Kobe from yesterday's Laker practice. Then you'll understand the dynamic of the defending champions!

Jaji
02-18-2010, 05:36 PM
It means that the playoffs, especially a 7 game series, is a different beast entirely. I wouldn't bet my life on a team dominating another team in the playoffs, just because they beat them once or twice during the regular season.

Do you know what the word SWEEP means? If it's a 7 game series it can't possibly be a sweep. Backtrack and see how ridiculous you look right now.

DCB/LAL
02-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Do you know what the word SWEEP means? If it's a 7 game series it can't possibly be a sweep. Backtrack and see how ridiculous you look right now.

Putting your comment into context are you saying that Cleveland would "SWEEP" the Lakers in the Finals?

Why dont you "backtrack and see how ridiculous you look right now".

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
if LeBron does not win a championship with the team he has now, you can officially say Kobe is still the best player in the NBA. talk to me after June

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2010, 07:25 PM

If this happened there should have been criminal charges laid. Rape is a serious offence, even when its man on man. I knew Artest was hard core, but that's taking it a bit far.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Putting your comment into context are you saying that Cleveland would "SWEEP" the Lakers in the Finals?

Why dont you "backtrack and see how ridiculous you look right now".

:confused: What??? When did I say the Cavs would sweep the Lakers in the final??? :confused:

I said they swept the regular season series so obviously they match up pretty well against them. That in no way insinuates the Cavs would sweep the Lakers in the finals.

Now, your friend RaiderLakersA's said, and I quote:

Obviously the Celtics didn't sweep the Lakers in the Finals and the Lakers didn't sweep the Magic. So I asked him if he knew what the word sweep meant.

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
There are a lot of great posts in this thread, and its a tough series to call.

The way I see, even as a guy who wants to see the Cavs win, I believe a healthy Lakers squad will beat the Cavs, but the key is "healthy". The Cavs are deeper, but they are outclassed big time on the sidelines as Phil Jackson is ten times the coach Brown is, and if Jackson has a healthy squad available to him in the finals, he will pick apart Brown.

As far as the talent goes, Mo Williams will have better games, but Fischer is a better finisher. He can have a quiet game and still have a huge impact, but Williams gets that match-up statistically. Shaq and Bynum will go toe-to-toe and though Bynum is having a better season, Shaq is still a beast in the middle and can bang with the big guys and I think that match up will be a stale mate even if Bynum posts better numbers, the problem is that Gasol will be playing minutes at center to and Shaq is a bad defender when he has to step too far out from the key, which he will have to do if he is guard Gasol (Jackson knows this too and will exploit it as often as he can). Gasol will no doubt play big minutes at power forward as well and Jamison is great, but Gasol is just better, better passer, smarter defender (look at how Gasol drew fouls from Howard in the finals last year), and has a smoother all around game, but it will be a close match-up.

Kobe and James both win their positions, but the question is not so much will they dominate their position, but by how much. James will dominate, but he will not dominate Artest as much as Bryant will dominate whoever they throw at him. I think James will have the better series, but Artest will play better against James than Parker or West will play against Kobe.

Now if Big Z does return, the combination of Hickson, Z and Anderson coming off the bench will tip the front court scales in the Cavs favour, so if Lakers aren't healthy their front line will be much thinner and will get swallowed by the Cavs, but a healthy Lakers squand will be able to spread a lot of minutes out between Gasol/Bynum/Odom.

As a fan of the game I'm really hoping see this match out because I'd love to see how it played out. I think the key match-up will be on the sidelines though: Jackson v Brown, and the Lakers win that one by a mile.

AI4MVP
02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
the Cavs are without a doubt the favorites to win the Title right now. They have a much much deeper team then the Lakers. The Lakers only good bench players are Odom and Brown. Every other player coming off the bench is a chump.

The Cavs, assuming there starting lineup is is Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, LeBron James, Antwan Jamison, and Shaquille Oneal have a bench of Daniel Gibson,Sebastian Telfair, Delonte West, Jamario Moon, and the deepest front court bench in the NBA by far with JJ Hickson and Anderson Varajeo and possibly Big Z if they get him back. and oh yeah i havent mentioned LEON POWE is coming back tonight, and i dont know if u guys remember but he was one of the best bench players in the nba with the celtics. if he comes back half as good as he used to be that is still a huge contribution to the cavs.

sorry LA. Cavs win

JonnyB424
02-18-2010, 07:55 PM
um...so? its NOT the playoffs

handle
02-18-2010, 07:55 PM

Fans of a team who actually have a rich and winning history shouldn't be told to "stop living in the past" by a fan of a team with no history of winning whatsoever (Cavs being a perfect example). I love how fans of a team that has never won ANYTHING insist on talking so much garbage.

handle
02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
And whoever said "Gasol=Jamison" needs to be slapped.

JonnyB424
02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
the Cavs are without a doubt the favorites to win the Title right now. They have a much much deeper team then the Lakers. The Lakers only good bench players are Odom and Brown. Every other player coming off the bench is a chump.

The Cavs, assuming there starting lineup is is Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, LeBron James, Antwan Jamison, and Shaquille Oneal have a bench of Daniel Gibson,Sebastian Telfair, Delonte West, Jamario Moon, and the deepest front court bench in the NBA by far with JJ Hickson and Anderson Varajeo and possibly Big Z if they get him back. and oh yeah i havent mentioned LEON POWE is coming back tonight, and i dont know if u guys remember but he was one of the best bench players in the nba with the celtics. if he comes back half as good as he used to be that is still a huge contribution to the cavs.

sorry LA. Cavs win

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: really??
Need I mention 3 time allstar Pau Gasol? The greatest player alive Kobe Bryant? The animal Ron Artest??? The Candy man???? Bynum????? You may have a slight advantage on the bench but starting line up?? man you crazy. Pau destroyed Jamison the last game: he couldn't score or defend on Pau and Parker on Kobe?? Are you kidding me??

L@ker4Life
02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
:confused: What??? When did I say the Cavs would sweep the Lakers in the final??? :confused:

I said they swept the regular season series so obviously they match up pretty well against them. That in no way insinuates the Cavs would sweep the Lakers in the finals.

Now, your friend RaiderLakersA's said, and I quote:

Obviously the Celtics didn't sweep the Lakers in the Finals and the Lakers didn't sweep the Magic. So I asked him if he knew what the word sweep meant.

He was obviously referring to the regular season series and not the playoffs

EVER, GREATEST
02-18-2010, 08:14 PM

and what games were you watching? fully healthy? yeah right. Kobe was playing through injuries, so were odom, gasol, and bynum. That's not fully fit, but the Cavs did beat the Lakers, fit or unfit, they got their butts kicked.

Jaji
02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
He was obviously referring to the regular season series and not the playoffs

He said twice. How do you sweep someone in the regular season twice? Still makes absolutely no sense no matter how many ways you try to defend it. The question is justified: Does he know what the word sweep means?

ko8e24
02-18-2010, 08:59 PM

sorry LA. Cavs win

lol, wut a sorry *** post. Compare this post ladies and gentleman to the post above this crap. JasonJohnHorn had a great post explaining the strengths and weaknesses of both the Lakers and Cavaliers, and he was right on. This crap by AI4MVP (no, we're not in circa 2001, lol), doesn't compare **** to JasonJohnHorn's great analysis.

A :facepalm: and :pity: to AI4MVP

and a :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: to JasonJohnHorn

GspLAL
02-18-2010, 09:15 PM
The only thing that worries me about Cavs are the refs and them getting Big Z back.

24/7
02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Jamison=Gasol
Bynum>Shaq

Gasol > Jamison.

Gibby23
02-18-2010, 10:11 PM

Then you were right Kobe dick riders 4 rings > the Cavs 0 rings.

GspLAL
02-19-2010, 02:49 AM

I don't think you have any room to talk about dick riding considering you try to hint at Lebron being a better player than Kobe every other post.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2010, 04:28 AM
with the Jamison addition, the Cavs are now basically as deep as the Lakers, and have the shooters to match them. The Lakers frontcourt are better scorers, the Cavs better defenders. LeBron is going to put up huge numbers, so is Kobe. If Mo shows up, and the Cavs rebound and defend the paint, I think the Cavs in 7.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2010, 04:31 AM
and what games were you watching? fully healthy? yeah right. Kobe was playing through injuries, so were odom, gasol, and bynum. That's not fully fit, but the Cavs did beat the Lakers, fit or unfit, they got their butts kicked.

injuries are excuses, as everyone knows. And the Lakers had better rest Kobe now, or they will have an unhealthy team in the playoffs, and probably not be able to stack up against a hungry Cavs team by the time they get thru Denver, Dallas, etc.
of course this is under the assumption the Lakers and Cavs meet in the finals, which has yet to be played out.
I like that the Lakers are having Kobe rest right now. He needs it bad, or there may not be enough left in the tank team wise come playoff time. If the Lakers are going down (and every laker fan here knows that is what I hope for), I would rather there be no excuses. Same goes for any other team

lakerboy
02-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Here's my take. A little biased on the Lakers, but I'll try to be as fair as possible. Cavs fans can comment on my post, I'd really like to have a reasonable argument

-The Lakers have the tallest and most athletic big men in the league (Odom, Gasol and Bynum). All of them are relatively young, and they play almost the entire game. Phil makes sure at least one of them is on the floor at any given time.

-The Cavs on the other hand, have only 2 seven footer in Shaq and Z (if he returns), and Hickson, Jamison, and Varejao.

Shaq averages 23 minutes a game while Z plays 20. IMO, the Cavs need to have at least 7 footer on the floor at any given time to contain the Lakers. I've seen a lot of Cavs games and Z is just too washed up right now. I think the burden here falls on Shaq.

Shaq can defend Bynum or Gasol, and he manhandled Gasol in the last game. But the PF position should always be in our advantage. Whether it's Pau (7-1) or Odom (6-11,) they should always be able to win the post match up against Jamison (6-9), Varejao (6-11), Hickson (6-9) or even the slower, les athletic, if not washed up Ilgauskus (7-1). If Shaq is on the floor, and if our PF (whether Odom or Gasol) fails to dominate, Lakers will be in trouble.

Keys to victory for my Lakers:
1.) Keeping Gasol and Bynum on the court at the same time.
-Shaq won't be torched by Bynum, but I really don't think Hickson (6-9), Jamison (6-9), Varejao (6-11) or even Z (7-1) can stop Gasol in the post. This will be a huge problem for the Cavaliers. But as a Laker fan, I have doubts about Drew staying out of foul trouble.

2.) Gasol needs to man up. It's all psychology anyway!
-Everybody questioned his toughness after that series against the Celtics in 08, but Gasol came back and beefed up against Dwight Howard. Yes Lakers and Cavs fans! Gasol can actually man up at times, its all psychology! He played well against Howard!! No more sissy plays Pau, please!!

3.) Lamar Odom needs to win his match up against Hickson/Varejao/
-IMO this is the most important match up in the game. Lamar is taller and more athletic than the two., and I think the biggest reason why we lost last game was Lamar's poor effort. Varejao got under his skin and he was useless all night. Last year, when Lakers blew out Cavs in both games in the regular season, Lamar had his career nights against him.

4.) Not double teaming Shaq
-Shaq will score 10-15 points on the paint, but if we double team him he will get everybody going. For Christ's sake, Phil needs to know this! Give Shaq single coverage, he won't drop 30 on Drew (or even Pau!)

5.) Lakers should completely dominate when Shaq is on the bench
-If Shaq is on the bench, the tallest line up they could have is Z (7-1) and Varejao (6-11). Those two are shorter, less talented and less athletic than any of our big 3. Not to mention, Z is just so washed up right now, we'll probably see Varejao (6-11) and Jamison (6-9) on the court at the same time. If we don't capitalize on this, we won't win at all.

Last note:
I know a lot of fans here would say "oh Ron can't stop Lebron" or "Cavs have nobody to guard Kobe". But I honestly think that the outcome of this series will not be decided by Kobe or Bron. It's going to be how the bigs play against each other.

I know we lost the last two games against them in the regular season. But I still like our chances :D

Hawkeye15
02-19-2010, 06:11 AM
^ fair enough. I think Bynum will be in a lot of foul trouble. The biggest thing for the Lakers will be to try and keep up with the Cavs on the glass. If (and I think when) Bynum gets into foul trouble, Gasol and Odom will have to be crashing the boards. However, the lakers length up front makes it difficult for the Cavs to not have a matchup disadvantage somewhere.
And you are correct. Odom will be a huge key. Depending on which one shows up, it will have a great effect.
I do think LeBron or Kobe will assert themselves. LeBron is dying to add his name to the greats, and Kobe no doubt wants to continue to make his case. Artest was brought in to stop Melo and LeBron. But I think he is going to get beat up pretty bad. If the Cavs can knock down their perimeter shots, and rebound, they have the advantage I think. But the Cavs can't afford foul trouble or injuries, they dont have the lakers depth.
I still think Cavs in 7. But if Odom shows up, and Artest does what he was brought in to do, the Lakers could easily win in 6.

JayW_1023
02-19-2010, 06:16 AM
5.) Lakers should completely dominate when Shaq is on the bench
-If Shaq is on the bench, the tallest line up they could have is Z (7-1) and Varejao (6-11). Those two are shorter, less talented and less athletic than any of our big 3. Not to mention, Z is just so washed up right now, we'll probably see Varejao (6-11) and Jamison (6-9) on the court at the same time. If we don't capitalize on this, we won't win at all.

Z is 7'3 actually...but apart from that nitpicking, good post.

lakerboy
02-19-2010, 06:24 AM
^ fair enough. I think Bynum will be in a lot of foul trouble. The biggest thing for the Lakers will be to try and keep up with the Cavs on the glass. If (and I think when) Bynum gets into foul trouble, Gasol and Odom will have to be crashing the boards. However, the lakers length up front makes it difficult for the Cavs to not have a matchup disadvantage somewhere.
And you are correct. Odom will be a huge key. Depending on which one shows up, it will have a great effect.
I do think LeBron or Kobe will assert themselves. LeBron is dying to add his name to the greats, and Kobe no doubt wants to continue to make his case. Artest was brought in to stop Melo and LeBron. But I think he is going to get beat up pretty bad. If the Cavs can knock down their perimeter shots, and rebound, they have the advantage I think. But the Cavs can't afford foul trouble or injuries, they dont have the lakers depth.
I still think Cavs in 7. But if Odom shows up, and Artest does what he was brought in to do, the Lakers could easily win in 6.

I don't think it's going to be fair to ask Artest or Moon/Parker/West to stop Kobe or Lebron. Nobody can stop the two, and there are going to be a lot of little things that I didnt go through

1.) The Lakers have nobody outside Artest or Kobe to guard LeBron James. Yep, we don't have a small forward. The thought of Sasha Vujacic guarding LBJ scares me.

2.) The Cavs love playing Mo Will(6-3) and Delonte West(6-3) together, and they CANNOT do that against the Lakers. One of them would end up playing Fish/Farmar/Brown, but Mo or Delonte cannot guard a 6-6 Kobe Bryant. Moon and Parker needs to be on the floor at all times.

Both Kobe and Lebron will give each other's teams a lot of problems. I think it will even out in the end.

It's Gasol/Bynum/Odom vs Shaq/Z/Hickson/Jamison/Varejao.

lakerboy
02-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Z is 7'3 actually...but apart from that nitpicking, good post.

I stand corrected. :) But it doesn't really change anything I think.

JayW_1023
02-19-2010, 06:25 AM
I don't think it's going to be fair to ask Artest or Moon/Parker/West to stop Kobe or Lebron. Nobody can stop the two, and there are going to be a lot of little things that I didnt go through

1.) The Lakers have nobody outside Artest or Kobe to guard LeBron James. Yep, we don't have a small forward. The thought of Sasha Vujacic guarding LBJ scares me.

2.) The Cavs love playing Mo Will(6-3) and Delonte West(6-3) together, and they CANNOT do that against the Lakers. One of them would end up playing Fish/Farmar/Brown, but Mo or Delonte cannot guard a 6-6 Kobe Bryant. Moon and Parker needs to be on the floor at all times.

Adam Morrison actually played good D on LeBron once, in his rookie season. Not joking.

Here is proof: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1665&dat=20061103&id=nFUaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ayYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6696,640510

Morrison helped holding LeBron to 16 points...LOL

Statik1
02-19-2010, 06:26 AM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/Thatairsoftkid/HatersGonnaHate.jpg

I love when people rage in Laker threads.

Stay_Swim
02-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Sorry dudes but it will come down toone of those players. One of them knows how to win down the strecth, the other doesn't yet, we'll see...

Tribe
02-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Cavs were better before and now there even better

tjlipford
02-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I think with the addition of Shaq we matched up well with the Lakers. With the addition of Jamison we should be able to do some things against anybody. Im not too sold on JJ Hickson though and Im just not comfortable with him guarding LO, bynum or Gasol.

We faced them twice and beat them but everyone cant assume that the Finals will be like that. The Lakers are too talented man and u just cant count them out and say it is a lock for us to beat them. What those two games did do was give us something to build on but you cant base those two games on simply who's better.

I feel this way with the Lakers but anyone else I feel we were already better than and if not then we are now with getting Jamison.

pimpdaddy
02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Lakers > Cavs

Cavs are a good regular season team...

Do you see what happened last year in the playoffs?

Same story this year.

The Lakers are built for the playoffs. So stop saying Cavs are amazing and will beat everyone cuz they got the "oh so good" Jamison in a trade.

kobebabe
02-19-2010, 12:56 PM
It will be a great series....no doubt. I still think the lakers have an edge but the cavs will not go down without a fight

Avenged
02-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Hopefully we all get to find out come June.

G-Funk
02-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Here's my take. A little biased on the Lakers, but I'll try to be as fair as possible. Cavs fans can comment on my post, I'd really like to have a reasonable argument

-The Lakers have the tallest and most athletic big men in the league (Odom, Gasol and Bynum). All of them are relatively young, and they play almost the entire game. Phil makes sure at least one of them is on the floor at any given time.

-The Cavs on the other hand, have only 2 seven footer in Shaq and Z (if he returns), and Hickson, Jamison, and Varejao.

Shaq averages 23 minutes a game while Z plays 20. IMO, the Cavs need to have at least 7 footer on the floor at any given time to contain the Lakers. I've seen a lot of Cavs games and Z is just too washed up right now. I think the burden here falls on Shaq.

Shaq can defend Bynum or Gasol, and he manhandled Gasol in the last game. But the PF position should always be in our advantage. Whether it's Pau (7-1) or Odom (6-11,) they should always be able to win the post match up against Jamison (6-9), Varejao (6-11), Hickson (6-9) or even the slower, les athletic, if not washed up Ilgauskus (7-1). If Shaq is on the floor, and if our PF (whether Odom or Gasol) fails to dominate, Lakers will be in trouble.

I can agree the fact that the bigs will be the second biggest factor. What the Cavs don't realize is that Lakers bigs can run. Lakers willneed to run to keep Shaq out of the game or in foul trouble it will force them to put Varego in witch he is too small to defend Gasol. IMO Lakers best chance to beat the Cavs is to play Gasol and Odom more! Lamar is a great on ball defender and Gasol is too fast for Shaq to keep up with.

I think that Lakers Keys will be to:

1. Attack first! Let them adjust to us instead of us having to adjust to them.

2. Run with Bynum To keep Shaq out of the game.

3. Use Gasol's height and skill advantage over Jamison.

4.Play Gasol at center to run against Shaq, and play him away from the key(it worked extremly well against Shaq when he played for the Suns)

5. Or start Odom on Jamison. LO is a great on ball defender and will do a great Job on Jaminson. Play Bynum of the bench to go against a smaller Varego and an old Z.

AI4MVP
02-19-2010, 02:01 PM
of course any dickriding lakers fan is guna facepalm me for stating that the cavs are the better and deeper team, but any unbias fan sees that even tho the lakers have an absolutely stacked lineup, the cavs are much much deeper.

and stop using the arguement "the lakers are better they have the best player in the world" no u guys dont. that guys in cleveland. hes a better scorer, rebounder, passer, shot blocker and just as good a defender. so tell me how kobe is the best player?? dont give me that "who would u have in the last ten seconds" im talkin about who would u have in the last 48 minutes and thats LeBron.

LeBron is better then Kobe

Pau is a fluffly biotch and JJ Hickson will make him his housewife

Shaq will be betttter then Bynum until hes 50 years old

Dereck Fisher is arguably the worst starting point guard in the NBA

The Lakers have Odom and Brown coming off the bench. Every single other one of those players are garbage.

Boobie Gibson, Delonte West, Sebastian Telfair, Jamario Moon, Anderson Varajeo, Leon Powe, and whoever comes off the bench between Hickson and Jamison.

That is the deepest bench in the NBA, and the lakers talent is not SO much better then the cavs as to even it out.

stop replying to posts with just facepalms becuz u have nothing else to say becuz u know im right, and stop replying to posts with "we have the rings", becuz were living in the present. even when the cavs win it this year yall are gunna be like "well he only has one"

the lakers are a ****ing great team. clearly the best in the west and arguably the best in the league, but when someone tries to make an arguement against them u fans get really boooty hurt right away. like chill out

Jaji
02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Lakers > Cavs

Cavs are a good regular season team...

Do you see what happened last year in the playoffs?

Same story this year.

The Lakers are built for the playoffs. So stop saying Cavs are amazing and will beat everyone cuz they got the "oh so good" Jamison in a trade.

:facepalm:

The Cavs made it to the conference finals last year and lost to a team that they simply didn't match up well against. They've only improved their team this year. As a Laker fan, you should be very weary of the Cavs. But judging by that post I can tell you are. You're in denial, trying to blow the Cavs off with a simple ">" :laugh2:.

G-Funk
02-19-2010, 02:32 PM
=

Well Atleast you won't pull a "Kobe has a better team" excuse card if Kobe wins another ring.

lakerboy
02-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I can agree the fact that the bigs will be the second biggest factor. What the Cavs don't realize is that Lakers bigs can run. Lakers willneed to run to keep Shaq out of the game or in foul trouble it will force them to put Varego in witch he is too small to defend Gasol. IMO Lakers best chance to beat the Cavs is to play Gasol and Odom more! Lamar is a great on ball defender and Gasol is too fast for Shaq to keep up with.

I think that Lakers Keys will be to:

1. Attack first! Let them adjust to us instead of us having to adjust to them.

2. Run with Bynum To keep Shaq out of the game.

3. Use Gasol's height and skill advantage over Jamison.

4.Play Gasol at center to run against Shaq, and play him away from the key(it worked extremly well against Shaq when he played for the Suns)

5. Or start Odom on Jamison. LO is a great on ball defender and will do a great Job on Jaminson. Play Bynum of the bench to go against a smaller Varego and an old Z.

Very good observation my friend. I remember those days when we played Phoenix with Shaq and we did play him pretty well. I was really dumbfounded as to why Gasol couldn't handle Shaq in the Cavs games.

But I think with Bynum in the starting line up, we have our pros and cons. We're one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to running the break (yes, big part of it is Derrick Fisher.) I remember hearing about this stat and I'm really curious as to why we are one the worst (but please correct me if im wrong,) given that Gasol and Odom could really really with the break.

Also, another concern for me is I don't really see is Lamar Odom's consistency. He is 2 inches taller, and his wingspan is definitely longer than Jamison. Odom needs to be active on the glass and he needs to be more aggressive to really take advantage of Jamison.

Personally, I'm much more comfortable seeing Bynum and Gasol on the court together. In this situation, Bynum is guarded by Shaq (not really a mismatch for them) but Pau can have a field day on any other Cavs PF.

lakerboy
02-19-2010, 04:09 PM
of course any dickriding lakers fan is guna facepalm me for stating that the cavs are the better and deeper team, but any unbias fan sees that even tho the lakers have an absolutely stacked lineup, the cavs are much much deeper.

and stop using the arguement "the lakers are better they have the best player in the world" no u guys dont. that guys in cleveland. hes a better scorer, rebounder, passer, shot blocker and just as good a defender. so tell me how kobe is the best player?? dont give me that "who would u have in the last ten seconds" im talkin about who would u have in the last 48 minutes and thats LeBron.

The Lakers have Odom and Brown coming off the bench. Every single other one of those players are garbage.

Boobie Gibson, Delonte West, Sebastian Telfair, Jamario Moon, Anderson Varajeo, Leon Powe, and whoever comes off the bench between Hickson and Jamison.

That is the deepest bench in the NBA, and the lakers talent is not SO much better then the cavs as to even it out.

stop replying to posts with just facepalms becuz u have nothing else to say becuz u know im right, and stop replying to posts with "we have the rings", becuz were living in the present. even when the cavs win it this year yall are gunna be like "well he only has one"

the lakers are a ****ing great team. clearly the best in the west and arguably the best in the league, but when someone tries to make an arguement against them u fans get really boooty hurt right away. like chill out

Read my argument in the pervious page. Gasol could be as sissy as a jersey shore chick at times but given the right mindset, he could man up. Garnett bullied him in the 2008 playoffs but he really really stood up against the best and most athletic center of the league, Dwight Howard. If you watched the second game of the Cavs-Lakers, you'd see Shaq had his way against Gasol, but I think Gasol can still man up against Shaq.

I don't know what you're saying about Drew, because I thought Drew did a pretty decent job on Shaq. He was just in foul trouble, but he always is. Another problem in the 2 regular season games was that the Lakers kept doubling Shaq on the paint when theyre not supposed to. Cavs made a lot of 3s of those doubles and made the Lakers pay for it. I really don't like double teaming Shaq. He is 38 years old and even if he goes off, he won't drop even 25 points against us.

In the last game in January Odom lost the match up against Hickson and Varejao. This was a match up that he shouldn't have lost. Last year Odom made Varejao his ***** if you saw the two games where LA demolished the Cavs. This year, Varejao got under Odom's skin. If LA would like to improve their chances of winning, they can never let Varejao/Hickson go off at Odom like that. Odom is 6-11 as compared to Hickson who is 6-9. Varejao is 6-11 like Odom but he is nowhere his athleticism and skill. If the LAkers want to improve their chacnes of winning, Lamar Odom must own the paint over those two. As a Laker fan, I like my chances of him doing so.

I'm not going to argue to you which team is better, because I think that is relative. But I like how we still match up against the Cavs. Our bigs are younger, more skilled, more athletic, and most of all, A LOT TALLER. Bynum is 7-something, Pau is 7-something, Odom is 6-11.

The Cavs have two 7 footers, Varejao is 6-11 but Hickson and Jamison are only 6-9. If you have any chance at containing our bigs, at least one 7 footer should be on the court at any given time. Shaq can defend, but honestly I don't even think Z can defend any of the 3 bigs we have. Not to mention, both of them average like 20 minutes a game only (but yeah, maybe they'll play more in the playoffs).

If Shaq and Z are out of the game, you'd have Varejao (6-11) at center and Jamison (6-9) at PF. How do you think are they going to match up against the post up game of Bynum or Gasol? Like I said, I like our chances. I think match up wise, we still have the advantage.

As to LBJ and Kobe, I think both of them would have their ways in a 7 game series. I don't want to go into an argument on who is better and I don't see a point in doing that. LBJ and Kobe cannot be stopped by either defenders and you can only hope to contain them

CAVS21
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM

1-you can't stop a guy as good as Kobe period
2-the cavs bigs are a ton stronger and the Lakers bigs are scared to death of having to play a 7 game series against them because of the way they got manhandled in the two games this season
3-the cavs bench is by far the best in the league
4-the x-factor LeBron James....enough said

all that being said I don't "hate" Kobe and the Lakers the way Laker fans "hate" LBJ and the Cavs and I hope that everything goes right this year and we have a Cavs-Lakers Finals which could be the best 7 game series ever IMO that way we can finally end the debate for this season.

CAVS21
02-19-2010, 04:38 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::cheers::hi5::up:

G-Funk
02-19-2010, 05:10 PM
1-you can't stop a guy as good as Kobe period
2-the cavs bigs are a ton stronger and the Lakers bigs are scared to death of having to play a 7 game series against them because of the way they got manhandled in the two games this season
3-the cavs bench is by far the best in the league
4-the x-factor LeBron James....enough said

1. You can't stop a guy as good as Lebron but if you want someone to try it would be Kobe and Artest.

2.The Cavs bigs are a a lot older and slower and where the hell did you get that the Lakers were scared of the Cavs Bigs?? that's just plain retarted.

3. the Cavs bench will be narrowed doen to a 8-9 man rotation. I'LL take my top 7 over your top 7 anytime.

4. The X-Factor is 'Mr. Clutch' Kobe Bryant enought said!

iggypop123
02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
how do they match up? we dont know. they dont play again this season unless they meet in the finals!

bolts4ever
02-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Big Laker Fan No lie!! But the Cavs are agreat team these are the keys to a Laker Championship.!!!

First to the Cavs fan who says regular season means anything IT DOSNT!!! The MAGIC won both games against us last year and we KILLED them in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Keys

1.)Obvios KOBE!!! KOBE!!! He has to dominate to make Lebron defend him and make him work on Defense maybe wear him down throught the couse of the series (keeps Lebron from helping and blocking shots) . If that hapens who do the CAVS have that is STRONG enough to defend Ron ARTEST in the POST. NONE!!!

2.) Make Lebron a Scorer (jump shooter) the cavs are a good team but are most affective when everyone is hitting shots or Lebron is SPOONFEEDING Shaq and HICKSON and Verejao for easy Layups and Dunks.

3.) Keep CAVS off the FT line and RUN them OFF 3PT much like the MaGIC last year the CAVS really depend on the 3PT A LOT to give them momentum and extend Leads. Andwhen their not hitting 3's they stay close because LEBRON and SHAQ are always at the FT line. Control those 2 areas along whith Offensive Rebounds= Lakers RING.

My opinion LAKERS in 6 lakers SKILL!!! and amount of PLAYMAKERS will win out.

CAVS fans don't be angry just my opinion GREAT SERIES THOUGH.and Honestly UGuys Scare me the most. THIS IS As ClOse to a TOSSUP series as you can GET!!!! Would be surprised if it went EITHER WAY.

mrblisterdundee
02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Mo Williams vs. Derek Fischer: Mo Williams - Williams is younger, quicker, a better scorer, and just as good at distributing the ball. Fischer is the weak link.

Delonte West vs. Kobe Bryant: Kobe Bryant - Bryant is better in every way. Delonte will be embarrassed.

LeBron James vs. Ron Artest: LeBron James - James is better in every way, except defensively. Artest will still be embarrassed.

Antawn Jamison vs. Pau Gasol: Pau Gasol - Pau Gasol is better inside. Jamison is better outside. Both rebound and shoot the mid-range jumper just as good as each other.

Shaquille O'neal vs. Zydrunas Ilgauskas: Equal - They're both old, slow, and on serious downturns. I expect neither of them to average more than 15 points and nine rebounds. Their mediocrity cancels each other out.

Anderson Verajao and J.J. Hickson give the edge to the Cavaliers. Lamar Odom is not enough to overcome those two.

iggypop123
02-19-2010, 07:34 PM
do the lakers have centers?^

blastmasta26
02-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Mo Williams vs. Derek Fischer: Mo Williams - Williams is younger, quicker, a better scorer, and just as good at distributing the ball. Fischer is the weak link.

Delonte West vs. Kobe Bryant: Kobe Bryant - Bryant is better in every way. Delonte will be embarrassed.

LeBron James vs. Ron Artest: LeBron James - James is better in every way, except defensively. Artest will still be embarrassed.

Antawn Jamison vs. Pau Gasol: Pau Gasol - Pau Gasol is better inside. Jamison is better outside. Both rebound and shoot the mid-range jumper just as good as each other.

Shaquille O'neal vs. Zydrunas Ilgauskas: Equal - They're both old, slow, and on serious downturns. I expect neither of them to average more than 15 points and nine rebounds. Their mediocrity cancels each other out.

Anderson Verajao and J.J. Hickson give the edge to the Cavaliers. Lamar Odom is not enough to overcome those two.

Damn, I didn't know the Lakers signed Ilgauskas. :rolleyes:

CAVS21
02-20-2010, 04:35 AM
1. You can't stop a guy as good as Lebron but if you want someone to try it would be Kobe and Artest.

2.The Cavs bigs are a a lot older and slower and where the hell did you get that the Lakers were scared of the Cavs Bigs?? that's just plain retarted.

3. the Cavs bench will be narrowed doen to a 8-9 man rotation. I'LL take my top 7 over your top 7 anytime.

4. The X-Factor is 'Mr. Clutch' Kobe Bryant enought said!

1.Ok? I gave Kobe props so I'm not sure what you meant by that response.

2.Did you not see the Cavs bigs manhandle Paula Gasol and Andrea Bynum twice?

3.umm your bench beyond Odom is GARBAGE comapared to the Cavs

4. yea obviously LBJ and Kobe would be the X-factors?

next time try to make some sense chief

CAVS21
02-20-2010, 04:39 AM
Big Laker Fan No lie!! But the Cavs are agreat team these are the keys to a Laker Championship.!!!

First to the Cavs fan who says regular season means anything IT DOSNT!!! The MAGIC won both games against us last year and we KILLED them in the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Keys

1.)Obvios KOBE!!! KOBE!!! He has to dominate to make Lebron defend him and make him work on Defense maybe wear him down throught the couse of the series (keeps Lebron from helping and blocking shots) . If that hapens who do the CAVS have that is STRONG enough to defend Ron ARTEST in the POST. NONE!!!

2.) Make Lebron a Scorer (jump shooter) the cavs are a good team but are most affective when everyone is hitting shots or Lebron is SPOONFEEDING Shaq and HICKSON and Verejao for easy Layups and Dunks.

3.) Keep CAVS off the FT line and RUN them OFF 3PT much like the MaGIC last year the CAVS really depend on the 3PT A LOT to give them momentum and extend Leads. Andwhen their not hitting 3's they stay close because LEBRON and SHAQ are always at the FT line. Control those 2 areas along whith Offensive Rebounds= Lakers RING.

My opinion LAKERS in 6 lakers SKILL!!! and amount of PLAYMAKERS will win out.

CAVS fans don't be angry just my opinion GREAT SERIES THOUGH.and Honestly UGuys Scare me the most. THIS IS As ClOse to a TOSSUP series as you can GET!!!! Would be surprised if it went EITHER WAY.

Good for you! Maybe a few of the bad apple Laker fans should come out and admit it also. THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE lol

Good post though btw....I think it'd go 7 and yeah Great Series and we'd all be lucky to WITNESS it