PDA

View Full Version : Cavs did the right thing?

DevonMSF
02-18-2010, 09:49 AM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/02/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-for-antawn-jamison/

Do you think it was the right thing for Ferry to bail on PHX, and go for AJ?

HouRealCoach
02-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Amare said he didnt want to play there.... They kept Hickson, Might get Ilgauskas back, Amare probably wouldnt have signed back, Jamison is a proven scorer who can stretch the floor

I dont see how you can knock this

DevonMSF
02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
I love this deal! But Amar'e DIDN'T MIND playing in CLE, that whole thing was a rumor...
Twitter.com/DevonMSF

bigsams50
02-18-2010, 10:12 AM
With the Jamison deal they get to keep Hickson. Jamison Shaq Varejao Big Z and Hickson is alotta big bodies for any team to handle in the post

JasonJohnHorn
02-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm a fan of Jamison for sure, but I would have liked to see a younger player like Amare (and Amare seems to be unsure how much he would demand in the free market and has suggested he will opt in for his final year- but one never knows).

HouRealCoach brings up a great point though: the Cavs got to keep Hickson, and he seems to be playing really well and has some real potential.

TheKing23
02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
My heart wanted Amar'e and my head wanted Antawn...

Antawn fits our team MUCH better, having a 4 that can shoot the three is vital for any team with Shaq. It also gives us someone who can match up with Rashard Lewis and KG.

This is without a doubt the best trade the Cavs could've done... No other player fits what they needed more than Antawn and they pretty much got him for the 30th pick (assuming Z takes a buyout and returns).

znick21
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
well in the article on yahoo (i think ) yesterday, it said that the suns informed the cavs they wouldn't be accepting any of their offers, so they went out and got jamison a few hours later. so it's not like they "bailed" on phoenix, there was nothing they could do.

i can't believe they got jamison without giving up hickson. that was a really really good move.