PDA

View Full Version : Hedo Turkoglu

papoose123
02-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Any Team interested in possibly taking Hedo Turkalou off the hands of Raptors?
Its 40 games into the season and he has had maybe 3 or 4 "good" games.Hes just been a bust and doesn't fit with the team.

Any Takers?

Hawkeye15
02-18-2010, 02:35 AM
not with that contract. the raps are stuck with him for a while

Chronz
02-18-2010, 02:35 AM
I dont understand how he hasnt fit in, you guys arent doing bad, you have a great offense. What more could you ask for?

prash
02-18-2010, 02:36 AM
not with that contract. the raps are stuck with him forever

fixed!

ElFuturoDeESPN
02-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Its 40 games into the season and he has had maybe 3 or 4 "good" games.Hes just been a bust and doesn't fit with the team.

Any Takers?

Bahahahahaha.
I'm sorry (and I don't mean this to be "baiting"), but what say you Raptors fans NOW? Toronto fans were non-stop ishtalking us Blazer fans this offseason after they "stole" him out of Portland's hands. What say you now?

No thanks.

papoose123
02-18-2010, 02:39 AM
I dont understand how he hasnt fit in, you guys arent doing bad, you have a great offense. What more could you ask for?

We play ALOT better when hes on the bench lol

prash
02-18-2010, 02:39 AM
I hated Hedo before he got here!. I was furious with the contract we signed him to. Made me seriously lose respect for BC.

Now everything that I believed Hedo to be has come true and he sticks it up.

Raph12
02-18-2010, 02:44 AM
He's doing what he did in Orlando, you guys should get used to it.

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2010, 02:48 AM
He's doing what he did in Orlando, you guys should get used to it.

NO WAY!!!!! He was wayyyyyyy better was Orlando than he's ever been here...I'm pretty sure he's never score 1 PT in 30 MINS on orlando!!!!! Come the **** on...

DayDreamz
02-18-2010, 02:49 AM
he was better in orlando

prash
02-18-2010, 02:58 AM
He was better in Orlando, but he still sucked over there!! FACT.

thedfactor
02-18-2010, 02:59 AM
We'll give you Marion for Turk

Mavrix
02-18-2010, 03:01 AM
We'll give you Marion for Turk

Ew no thanks. Unlike Turk, Marion can play D and rebound. Turk can't play PF either like Marion.

Ragun
02-18-2010, 03:06 AM
he is way to passive. he will get it eventually.

DayDreamz
02-18-2010, 03:06 AM
ahaha....turk for a bag of chips.

iggypop123
02-18-2010, 03:07 AM
ball is enough to have him on the team. greatest quote in recent history

Raph12
02-18-2010, 03:09 AM
NO WAY!!!!! He was wayyyyyyy better was Orlando than he's ever been here...I'm pretty sure he's never score 1 PT in 30 MINS on orlando!!!!! Come the **** on...

You should've seen him when he just got there, he was terrible. He's a volume shooter, he needs touches to be effective, remember the "ball" interview. He constantly controlled the ball in Orlando, in TO, they already have two primary playmakers ahead of him, so he's not as comfortable in the off-ball game.

If they want to see what they saw in Orlando, take his advice and get him the ball 24/7, that's what we did.

Derick713
02-18-2010, 03:11 AM
The Raptors should've used their cap space to take on Jamaal Crawford while signing Trevor Ariza.

Brandon Jennings
Jamaal Crawford
Trevor Ariza
Chris Bosh
Andrea Bargnani

I don't why the Raptors would sign an older player like Turkoglu who was clearly not going to get any better.

DayDreamz
02-18-2010, 03:14 AM
The Raptors should've used their cap space to take on Jamaal Crawford while signing Trevor Ariza.

Brandon Jennings
Jamaal Crawford
Trevor Ariza
Chris Bosh
Andrea Bargnani

I don't why the Raptors would sign an older player like Turkoglu who was clearly not going to get any better.

:eyebrow: i wish

DayDreamz
02-18-2010, 03:15 AM
^^^^ jack and brandon jennings....... that would be great.
Calderon kills us....does anybody want him too?

PHX2daDEATH
02-18-2010, 03:41 AM
I Wouldn't trade him for Taylor Griffin if I could, always thought he was an over-rated, streaky shooter

MaHaRaJaH
02-18-2010, 04:21 AM

Any Takers?
Oh Lord :rolleyes:

Halladay
02-18-2010, 04:28 AM
Half a bad season and he's a bum. Gotta love how people around here over-react. That doesn't even go into the injuries and off-court issues with his family.

Chronz
02-18-2010, 04:30 AM
We play ALOT better when hes on the bench lol

I was going to post his on/off court data to refute your claims until I realized it was true. Apparently the defense is better without him. I dont think its his fault so much as it is the make-up of your team. This is what I was saying last year when you guys gave up Marion. Marion was the much better fit alongside 2 soft interior defenders.

vitamins_
02-18-2010, 05:10 AM
Im from Toronto, and i want to say i hate are fans. The second anyone doesn't play up to par we boo and smack talk them and try to ship them out the door for a bag of chips. this happens over and over again. Look at the Jermaine O'neal situation, same thing. We never gave them time to work on things.
The raps are above 500 and we still have people hating on them. He plays good one game we love him, and next he plays bad and we try to ship him for whoever ..

afterburn999
02-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Im from Toronto, and i want to say i hate are fans. The second anyone doesn't play up to par we boo and smack talk them and try to ship them out the door for a bag of chips. this happens over and over again. Look at the Jermaine O'neal situation, same thing. We never gave them time to work on things.
The raps are above 500 and we still have people hating on them. He plays good one game we love him, and next he plays bad and we try to ship him for whoever ..

How much time do you expect us to give him ? We are in a situation where we need to win now, hes had 40 + games without any improvement.

Shaolin
02-18-2010, 08:15 AM

He plays one good game and we wonder "why can't he play like that more than once every 50 games?"

Wake up - his FG% is now officially the worst on the team. He says "Ball", so Jay leaves him in last night with Antoine Wright so Hedo doesn't get his feelings hurt. Guess what he does? He misses his shots.

Hedo took off the mask last night like that was the problem -

Guess what...it wasn't.

Every foul shot / timeout he's laughing and joking around, while Bosh has the killer instinct and the drive to get it done. He's officlally a 50 million bag 'o chips.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-18-2010, 08:45 AM
luke walton+ammo+kobe's jersey for hedo

cb412
02-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Turk is a playoff guy, thats why BC got him.. look how he did d-ing up Lebron..

mynameismo
02-18-2010, 08:50 AM
For some reason, these players who just signed big contracts tend to play badly. I'd still say he'll play better come playoff time. He Killed us last year.

LanceUpperCut
02-18-2010, 08:54 AM
RAPTORS FORUM actually not even raptors forum.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 08:55 AM
What is wrong with Hedo? I am not happy with his shooting percentage but beyond that I am fine with how he is playing. Now mind you, I agree he doesn't seem to be fitting in. The team has never really integrated him into the offence. I can't believe the Raptors spent all that money but don't utilize the guy properly.

LanceUpperCut
02-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Bahahahahaha.
I'm sorry (and I don't mean this to be "baiting"), but what say you Raptors fans NOW? Toronto fans were non-stop ishtalking us Blazer fans this offseason after they "stole" him out of Portland's hands. What say you now?

No thanks.

You lost me at 'but what you say'.

Shaolin
02-18-2010, 10:12 AM
What is wrong with Hedo? I am not happy with his shooting percentage but beyond that I am fine with how he is playing. Now mind you, I agree he doesn't seem to be fitting in. The team has never really integrated him into the offence. I can't believe the Raptors spent all that money but don't utilize the guy properly.

I love these posts -

"The team never really integrated him into the offense"

You know what gets players into offensive rotations? Quality play. Add the fact that he's a defensive liability, and it's not hard to see why he's "not being utilized".

Great playoff players don't matter if you don't make the playoffs, and he might be able to "lock down Kobe" but how about all the other players that blow by him forcing him to chop them for silly fouls? The guy is slow laterally, a hack defender and can't shoot.

Until he proves me wrong with more than one great game in fifty, I'm sticking to my guns.

Tennessee Mav
02-18-2010, 10:33 AM
For Turkoglu (5 year-$9M) we will give you Barea (1 year- $1,657,500), Matt Carroll (4 years-$4.7M) and Tim Thomas (1 year-$825,497) What do you think? Deal or No Deal?

miller74
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM

because are some people are inpatient and want to hang the guy 4 months into a 5 year contract

miller74
02-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I love these posts -

You know what gets players into offensive rotations? Quality play. Add the fact that he's a defensive liability, and it's not hard to see why he's "not being utilized".

Great playoff players don't matter if you don't make the playoffs, and he might be able to "lock down Kobe" but how about all the other players that blow by him forcing him to chop them for silly fouls? The guy is slow laterally, a hack defender and can't shoot.

Until he proves me wrong with more than one great game in fifty, I'm sticking to my guns.

Jose Calderon's defense is absolutely pathetic

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 10:42 AM
I love these posts -

I am not sure what his defensive ability has to do with how he is used offensively. I am not talking about minutes, I am talking about how they use him when he does have minutes. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Except in a lot of cases, he ends up being the third option on the floor after Bosh and Andrea both get touches.

Has his D changed over the last year? I don't think it has changed, I think the difference is that he had a DPOY behind him before and now he doesn't. Also I didn't mention anything about him stepping up at playoff time. Not sure why you are making that point to me.

What constitutes as a "great game" to you? I am just curious.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Jose Calderon's defense is absolutely pathetic

what does Jose have to do with this topic? :confused:

RadiantShot
02-18-2010, 10:54 AM
I don't get how people can spell names two different ways.

You spelled it correctly in the thread, "Turkoglu"
Then you spelled it "Turkalou"

Haha.

The Magic will take him! ;)

Shaolin
02-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I am not sure what his defensive ability has to do with how he is used offensively. I am not talking about minutes, I am talking about how they use him when he does have minutes. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Except in a lot of cases, he ends up being the third option on the floor after Bosh and Andrea both get touches.

When he's on the floor, he's got to play defense - like very other player in the NBA. If he's a defensive liabilty, then the coach obviously has to limit his time on the floor. Has he taken advantage of his time on the court like most of the other Raps? I think not. The players around him have to trust him to make shots, then they'll give him touches...and he hasn't been making shots.

Has his D changed over the last year? I don't think it has changed, I think the difference is that he had a DPOY behind him before and now he doesn't. Also I didn't mention anything about him stepping up at playoff time. Not sure why you are making that point to me.

That point wasn't directed at you - it's something that comes up a lot when responding to criticism of Hedo's defensive skills.

Whether his defense has or hasn't changed doesn't really matter - bad d players can balance out sub-standard defense by making shots...clutch or otherwise - and he's been really bad offensively.

What constitutes as a "great game" to you? I am just curious.

Well, with Hedo I'd say 20 and 10, maybe with some clutch late-game shots thrown in here & there. I think 20 and 10 is an extremely reasonable amount for a guy making that kind of money.

koreancabbage
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
great game from Turk would be 16-6-4 for the money we paid for him

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 11:35 AM
So is Hedon't a clever nickname or what? come on.
Yeah he looked ackward playing with the Raps in the closing minutes of reg and ot last nite. Bryan Colangelo's getting fired anyways, so **** it right.

Shaolin
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Hedon't is the best thing I've heard in a while.

You made my day.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
When he's on the floor, he's got to play defense - like very other player in the NBA. If he's a defensive liabilty, then the coach obviously has to limit his time on the floor. Has he taken advantage of his time on the court like most of the other Raps? I think not. The players around him have to trust him to make shots, then they'll give him touches...and he hasn't been making shots.
Well the coach trusts him and understands how important he is to this team, the players need to do the same, they should follow the coach's lead. Also I don't think his court time has been limited because of his defensive trouble. Do you think so?

Whether his defense has or hasn't changed doesn't really matter - bad d players can balance out sub-standard defense by making shots...clutch or otherwise - and he's been really bad offensively.
I am not sure if he has been "really bad" but I can't argue that he has been good. Although looking back to the little bit of last night's game that I watched, you know what happens almost once a game, Hedo drives to the basket, initiates contact and wants a "superstar" foul call that isn't coming (which causes his FG% to drop). Now it is stupid to think that he can get those calls but he is trying to get to the basket and to the foul line. We do like when players have that kind of mentality right?

Well, with Hedo I'd say 20 and 10, maybe with some clutch late-game shots thrown in here & there. I think 20 and 10 is an extremely reasonable amount for a guy making that kind of money.

Wow! There is your problem right there. Your expectations are way too high. You had to know going into this season that he would not average those kinds of numbers. Last season he averaged 16 ppg and he was a main offensive weapon. This season he is with a team that has a lot of scorers. At most in my mind he should be averaging 16 ppg but I would have been fine with 14-5-5. He is pretty close to those numbers right now (if he made one more shot per game then he would be at 14 ppg and 49% shooting). Now yes, he is over-paid for those numbers but a lot of guys are overpaid and we paid the market value for him. He also helps space out the floor for our other players and helps others get open looks. He is not here just for his scoring.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Bryan Colangelo's getting fired anyways, so **** it right.
He just got a contract extension, unless you have heard something that I haven't. Please explain.

D1JM
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM
He plays one good game and we wonder "why can't he play like that more than once every 50 games?"

Wake up - his FG% is now officially the worst on the team. He says "Ball", so Jay leaves him in last night with Antoine Wright so Hedo doesn't get his feelings hurt. Guess what he does? He misses his shots.

Hedo took off the mask last night like that was the problem -

Guess what...it wasn't.

Every foul shot / timeout he's laughing and joking around, while Bosh has the killer instinct and the drive to get it done. He's officlally a 50 million bag 'o chips.

it seems that bosh wants to rip him apart with his trex jaws

D1JM
02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
i think raptor fans just have to be patient. You guys brought in a lot of guys this offseason so i think they are still trying to gel

wileyisTOFU
02-18-2010, 11:53 AM
He just got a contract extension, unless you have heard something that I haven't. Please explain.

I was inferring that the terrible contract he gave HEDO should get him fired, he gave him way more then he should of and is about to lose his franchise player, but na, your right keep him around, he seems to be doing a good job.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 11:55 AM
I was inferring that the terrible contract he gave HEDO should get him fired, he gave him way more then he should of and is about to lose his franchise player, but na, your right keep him around, he seems to be doing a good job.

when he makes mistakes he fixes them. If he deems Hedo a mistake, I am sure he will find a way to fix the problem. He keeps re-making the roster in order to fix it. He isn't getting fired over this. If Bosh were to leave, then Hedo will become even more important to this franchise.

jojoe1188
02-18-2010, 11:55 AM

dude....did u watch the playoffs last year? he ran their entire offense......

Shaolin
02-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Well the coach trusts him and understands how important he is to this team, the players need to do the same, they should follow the coach's lead. Also I don't think his court time has been limited because of his defensive trouble. Do you think so?

Well, if we can use last nights loss as an example, I think Hedo wouldn't have even made it in to the game in the fourth if Wright hadn't been injured. I think playing them together at the end of the game was a token move - something to do so Hedo wouldn't get more unmotivated by being benched. That whole thing was done because Wright was the better defensive option, and is proving to be the better defensive option night to night. We have a lot of scorers on our team...you have to do something to set yourself apart.

I am not sure if he has been "really bad" but I can't argue that he has been good. Although looking back to the little bit of last night's game that I watched, you know what happens almost once a game, Hedo drives to the basket, initiates contact and wants a "superstar" foul call that isn't coming (which causes his FG% to drop). Now it is stupid to think that he can get those calls but he is trying to get to the basket and to the foul line. We do like when players have that kind of mentality right?

I love the fact that he drives to the basket, but hopefully he's been around the league long enough to realize that you need to earn the respect of refs as well as his teammates by bringing his "A" game day-in and day-out. Until he gets that FG% up, I can see why people might not be giving him the respect he deserves.

Wow! There is your problem right there. Your expectations are way too high. You had to know going into this season that he would not average those kinds of numbers. Last season he averaged 16 ppg and he was a main offensive weapon. This season he is with a team that has a lot of scorers. At most in my mind he should be averaging 16 ppg but I would have been fine with 14-5-5. He is pretty close to those numbers right now (if he made one more shot per game then he would be at 14 ppg and 49% shooting). Now yes, he is over-paid for those numbers but a lot of guys are overpaid and we paid the market value for him. He also helps space out the floor for our other players and helps others get open looks. He is not here just for his scoring.

High expectations - sure. But for that money and the way his contract limits the Raps? I think those numbers are fair. He's getting more money than he ever has in his life...why not expect him to raise his performance in line with his salary? That's the way it works for every working person on the planet - Superstar athlete or not.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
High expectations - sure. But for that money and the way his contract limits the Raps? I think those numbers are fair. He's getting more money than he ever has in his life...why not expect him to raise his performance in line with his salary? That's the way it works for every working person on the planet - Superstar athlete or not.
I disagree, a lot of players get their payday and then relax. I am not saying Hedo did that but I am just saying. Hedo is getting older, it is tough to expect him to actually raise his game more especially from a scoring standpoint.

Well, if we can use last nights loss as an example, I think Hedo wouldn't have even made it in to the game in the fourth if Wright hadn't been injured. I think playing them together at the end of the game was a token move - something to do so Hedo wouldn't get more unmotivated by being benched. That whole thing was done because Wright was the better defensive option, and is proving to be the better defensive option night to night. We have a lot of scorers on our team...you have to do something to set yourself apart.
I agree, he needs to do something to set himself apart but I am not sure if Wright's injury was as big a factor as you think. Read this:

Lose A Game, Save A Guy
Yes, Hedo Turkoglu was bad last night, couldn’t make a shot, didn’t play with much energy, took two very bad three-pointers late in a game that he shouldn’t have.

And you know what, I’m fine with him being on the court. No problem with that at all.

No one knows precisely what family issue he was dealing with last weekend in Turkey – his coaches and teammates know, we don’t and that’s cool with me, too – but it was obvious he wasn’t right.

But coaching is as much about managing men as drawing up plays and it was important for Turk’s psyche that he be out there and I’m sure Jay knew that.

“He wasn’t the only guy that struggled but when you think about what he’s gone through the last week, instead of knocking him down, we’ve got to try to pick him up and get him back into the fold with us.”

Yeah, they lost and Turk missed shots. But in the grand scheme of things, it was one game. And if you send a message and still take a loss, well, stuff happens. There goes the 30-0, post-all-star finish. Big whoop.

You don’t think Turk noticed that his coach stuck with him in tough times? You don’t think the rest of the players didn’t think, ‘hey, Jay’s giving a guy going through crap his usual role?’ I’m sure they did. And I’m sure it’ll pay off sometime. That’s how the game works.

It didn’t work out last night. Big deal. They still had a shot to win and didn’t.

Link: http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Sly Guy
02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
ahaha....turk for a bag of chips.

I'll take it!

Double_R
02-18-2010, 12:05 PM

That is an ignorant statement if I've ever heard one. You must not have watched any Magic games over the last few years.

Hedo was great for the Magic ever since SVG got there. Maybe the Raptors problems come from coaching and the systems they run. For not the greatest example, but it is kinda like the Matt Cassel situation with the Patriots and BeliCheat and now the Chiefs. Some times players look better than advertised. Also, it probably doesn't help that Jose Calderon sucks now and Jack isn't good either. That being said, I am glad the Magic didn't pay the money he was wanting, especially since he is like 31 or 32 now.

D1JM
02-18-2010, 12:08 PM
dude....did u watch the playoffs last year? he ran their entire offense......

thats why they lost in the finals lol

Bob_at_york
02-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Also, it probably doesn't help that Jose Calderon sucks now and Jack isn't good either.
I disagree with this statement but if it was true, wouldn't that mean that Hedo would have the ball in his hands more? If Jose and Jack sucked then their ball handling duties would be cut-back and Hedo would have the ball in his hands more.

Raph12
02-18-2010, 01:07 PM
That is an ignorant statement if I've ever heard one. You must not have watched any Magic games over the last few years.

Hedo was great for the Magic ever since SVG got there. Maybe the Raptors problems come from coaching and the systems they run. For not the greatest example, but it is kinda like the Matt Cassel situation with the Patriots and BeliCheat and now the Chiefs. Some times players look better than advertised. Also, it probably doesn't help that Jose Calderon sucks now and Jack isn't good either. That being said, I am glad the Magic didn't pay the money he was wanting, especially since he is like 31 or 32 now.

That's the point, they shouldn't have to change the way they play for him, he should be able to adjust his game to fit their style of play. But it's like I said, Orlando made him look better than he was, in Orlando he handled the ball 90% of the time, which is the only way he's even slightly efficient.

He's never been good off-ball and he never will be... Ball.